- Thiago Alves returns at UFC on FOX 11, meets Seth Baczynski in Orlando
For the first time in more than two years, Thiago Alves will return to the octagon. Alves (19-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC) has been booked for a welterweight fight against Seth Baczynski (19-10 MMA, 5-3 MMA) at...
- UFC's 185 champ Chris Weidman says 205 may be in his future
It should be noted that Chris Weidman isn’t getting ahead of himself. But the UFC’s middleweight champion would consider a move up to light heavyweight down the road. First, though, Weidman has a few...
- Josh Thomson: Ben Henderson is 'not strong', 'doesn't hit hard'
Josh Thomson came out on the short side of a controversial decision at UFC on Fox 10 and recently had some things to say about his opponent on that night, former champ Ben Henderson. Link
- Jordan Mein vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio slated for UFC on FOX 11
Two UFC welterweights seeking redemption have been added to April’s UFC on FOX 11 fight card. UFC President Dana White confirmed that Canadian Jordan Mein (27-9 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will meet “The Ultimate...
- Police Surround Thiago Silva's Home in Possible Standoff, suspect in custody
South Florida's NBC affiliate is reporting a disturbance by a man at a Miami-area Jiu Jutsu school. The man then traveled back to his home, and locked himself in his home, which has been surrounded...
- Titan FC pushes back start time from 10PM Eastern to 11:30PM for Ricci vs. Gurgel event
Titan FC has released an official statement to Bloody Elbow that they will be moving back the start time by one-and-a-half hours for their upcoming event, Titan FC 27: Ricci vs. Gurgel. The card is...
- WSOF Canada: Ford vs. Powell set for Feb. 2, Rama vs. Mocco Completes Main Card
EDMONTON (Feb. 6, 2014) – World Series of Fighting Canada will crown its first Canadian welterweight champion, as one of Canada’s best, Edmonton, Alberta’s own Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford (21-4) takes...
- Video of Thiago Silva in custody following standoff, UFC fighter says 'She want my house, she want my money'
Video shows UFC fighter Thiago Silva sitting in a police car and attempting to explain his actions that led to a police standoff. Link
- UFC contender Sarah Kaufman calls for fight with Amanda Nunes
Timing can go your way in a fight career, but it can just as easily work against you, as Sarah Kaufman has found out since the UFC opened women’s divisions. Link
- Norwegian UFC veteran Simeon Thoresen returns to Cage Warriors
After more than a year off from competition, Simeon Thoresen is set to return. Link
- Poppies Martinez, Joe Soto Strike Tachi Palace Fights Gold at TPF 18
Poppies Martinez became the first man to hold two Tachi Palace Fights titles simultaneously on Thursday night, when he won featherweight gold in the main event of TPF 18. Link
- Dana White: Thiago Silva will never fight in the UFC again
The police reports on the incident that led to Thiago Silva's arrest have emerged and he is accused of putting a gun in his wife's mouth and threatening to kill her. The UFC president says Silva will...
- Bellator 113 lineup set, includes Season 10 lightweight tourney openers
The 11-bout lineup for next month’s Bellator 113 lineup is now set, and it includes the four opening-round matchups of the promotion’s Season 10 lightweight tournament. Link
- Waldburger vs. Pyle promoted to UFC 170 main card, Chavez vs. Cedeno joins prelims
This month’s UFC 170 event has undergone some late changes, and the pay-per-view lineup has a new bout while the online prelims also have a new addition. Link
- Referee, judging assignments set for UFC 170's Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann headliner
The officials have been determined for this month’s UFC 170 pay-per-view headliner between UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and challenger Sara McMann (8-0 MMA, 1-0...
- Julianna Pena’s Knee Surgery a Success, Expected to Make Full Recovery
The Ultimate Fighter 18 winner Julianna Pena underwent successful knee surgery in Los Angeles on Friday and is expected to make a full recovery. Link
- Ross Pearson Undergoes Successful Surgery, Already Making Plans for UFC Return
A recent knee injury forced UFC lightweight Ross Pearson out of a rematch with Melvin Guillard, but he underwent surgery on Friday and is already planning his return. Link
- Nikita Krylov drops to 205, replaces Thiago Silva at UFC 171
Fresh off a 25-second upset of heavyweight Walt Harris, Nikita Krylov (16-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is dropping to light heavyweight to replace recently arrested Thiago Silva (16-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) at UFC 171....
- Godofredo Pepey vs. Noad Lahat slated for UFC Fight Night 38 in Brazil
A featherweight bout between Godofredo Pepey (9-3 MMA, 1-3 UFC) and promotional newcomer Noad Lahat (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is the latest addition to next month’s UFC Fight Night 38 event. Link
- TUF China Finale adds three bouts, including Zak Cummings vs. Alberto Mina
The fight card for next month’s TUF China Finale, which concludes the first Chinese version of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series, is now complete with 10 bouts. The full TUF China Finale card...
- UFC Vet Marcus Davis Heads into Saturday’s Grudge Match with Retirement on His Mind
Former UFC welterweight Marcus “Irish Hand Grenade” Davis would like to call a mulligan on 2013. It was just that type of year in his fight career. After starting off the year with a controversial...
- Jim Miller agrees to meet Bobby Green at UFC 172 in Baltimore
Two notable lightweights are set to clash in April at UFC 172, officials today announced. Jim Miller (23-4 MMA, 12-3 UFC) and Bobby Green (22-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who are respectively ranked No. 13 and...
- Pablo Popovitch releases statement following violent incident with Thiago Silva
In the wake of Thiago's Silva arrest Thursday night, the owner of the gym where the incident began released a statement. Link
- Cris Cyborg Vs. Jorina Baars Booked For March 28
In addition, Lion Fight CEO Scott Kent was a guest on MMAmania's "Darce Side Radio" podcast this week (listen) to preview tonight's Lion Fight 13 event on AXS TV from The Joint at The Hard Rock Hotel...
- 2013 World MMA Award winners include dual-category victor Travis Browne
The 2013 World MMA Awards, the sixth installment of Fighters Only’s annual industry honors, were revealed Friday, and some familiar names took home top honors. Link
- Heavyweight Fight Between Satoshi Ishii and Philip De Fries Headlines Inoki Genome Fight 1
Antoni Inoki’s IGF promotion signalled its intention to become a major player in the Japanese MMA market by announcing a series of 2014 events. The first is booked for the Ryougoku Sumo Hall on April...
- Jon Jones prefers Cain Velasquez 'super fight' because Chris Weidman is not a big enough name
In addition, the "All American" has yet to prove himself worthy of "super" status, according to Jones. Link
- Jessica Eye's failed drug test was for marijuana, not blood thinners
Contrary to earlier reports, UFC women's bantamweight Jessica Eye's failed UFC 166 drug test was not a result of blood thinners, but rather marijuana. LINK
- Swanson 'Aldo should man up & move up for Pettis'
UFC featherweight contender, Cub Swanson discusses his worries about the title being held up for an indeterminable amount of time if the “superfight” happens without Aldo vacating his belt. Link
- Andy Ogle vs. Charles Oliveira moves to UFC Fight Night 36's main-card opener
Following some recent card shuffling, a featherweight bout between Andy Ogle (9-3 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Charles Oliveira (16-4 MMA, 4-4 UFC) will now open next week’s UFC Fight Night 36 main card. Link
- Zach Makovsky vs. Josh Sampo promoted to UFC 170's televised prelims
A flyweight bout between Josh Sampo (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Zach Makovsky (17-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will no longer be stuck on the online preliminary card and instead will kick off the televised portion of...
- Jumabieke Tuerxun vs. Mark Eddiva Set For TUF China Finale in Macau
Two undefeated UFC debutants will collide in Macau next month when former Legend FC bantamweight champion Jumabieke Tuerxun takes on two-time SEA Games Wushu gold medallist Mark Eddiva. Link
- Josh Burkman vs. Tyler Stinson added to WSOF 9 main card
A welterweight matchup between Josh Burkman (26-10) and Tyler Stinson (27-9) is the latest addition to the World Series of Fighting 9 lineup. Link
- McCall: Pickett at 125 is a recipe for a** kicking
Ian McCall more than happy to travel to Brad Pickett's hometown of London, England for Pickett's debut in the flyweight division Link
- UFC Fight Night 36 start times, fight card, TV info, fan and media events
The UFC returns to Brazil on Saturday for UFC Fight Night 36 at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul. Here’s the essential information for the card. Link
- Gegard Mousasi knows what to expect from Lyoto Machida after training with karate champion who tamed 'The Dragon'
Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi will attempt to make his case for a middleweight title shot when he faces ex-205-pound kingpin Lyoto Machida in the main event of UFC...
- UFC veteran Marcus Davis falls to former student Ryan Sanders at NEF XII on Feb. 8 in Lewiston
In addition, Mike Zichelle was crowned new middleweight champion by stopping Jesse Peterson. Link
- TUF Nations fighter posted racist pic on Instagram
A racist image posted by a current TUF Nations fighter has re-surfaced via a fellow cast member who tweeted it earlier today. Link
- Rafael dos Anjos on Khabib Nurmagomedov: 'I'm going to shut him up'
UFC lightweight Rafael dos Anjos discusses his new opponent Khabib Nurmagomedov, and he says he's going to "shut him up". Link
- UFC's John Lineker sticking with flyweight, pledges to figure out weight-cut issues
After seeing his four-fight winning streak slip away a week ago, John Lineker is pledging to figure out what went wrong, both before his fight and during it. Link
- Former UFC Middleweight Kingpin Anderson Silva Already Back in the Gym Training
A month and a half after suffering a severely broken leg, former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is already back in the gym and training. Link
- Mu-Gyeom Choi Tops Bae Young Kwon at Road FC 14, Claims Inaugural 145-Pound Title
Mu-Gyeom Choi came into his fight with Bae Yong Kwon in the final of the Road FC featherweight grand prix as an underdog, but the 24-year-old defied the odds to win the tournament and the belt by...
- UFC signs Pedro Munhoz to fight Raphael Assuncao at UFC 170
It looks like Assuncao wont be sliding in to that next shot at the bantamweight title that he wanted, or at least not straight away. Link
- Baszler Debuts Against Kaufman
Baszler vs. Kaufman set for April 16 in Quebec City... Respected women's MMA veteran and TUF 18 cast member Shayna "The Queen of Spades" Baszler will make her UFC debut on April 16 in Quebec City...
- UFC signs South African MMA champ Ruan Potts
Another newcomer to the UFC heavyweight division as Zuffa has signed South African MMA champ Ruan Potts to a six fight contract. Link
- Thiago Silva's attorney makes statement on Silva's arrest, hearing
Scott Saul, the attorney representing UFC Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva on assault charges, has issued a statement emphasizing that Silva has yet to even be officially charged with anything. Link
- Nick Newell campaigns for title fight with WSOF champ Justin Gaethje
Undefeated World Series of Fighting lightweight Nick Newell is setting his sights high for 2014, and that means getting more vocal about a title shot against champion Justin Gaethje. Link
- Rani Yahya vs. Johnny Bedford booked for April 11 in Abu Dhabi
After a brief stint at featherweight, Yahya drops back down to 135 pounds for another run at the bantamweight belt. Link
- Paulo Filho Loses (Again) At Bitetti Combat 19 In Brazil
I'll say one thing about Paulo Filho: He may not be winning, but unlike Bob Tapp, at least you get your money's worth. Link
- Reza Madadi is out of jail and back in the cage
It looks like Reza Madadi won't be out of action for nearly as long as most people assumed. Link