- Urijah Faber open to 'interesting' fights in the UFC's featherweight division
Following UFC 169 TKO loss to Renan Barao, Urijah Faber said he would consider fights at featherweight, but he is not interested in a permanent move to 145. Link
- Benson Henderson is unhappy about Jose Aldo's title shot
It appears that Benson Henderson sees himself as slightly closer to the front of the line than the UFC does and he's unhappy that Jose Aldo is cutting. Link
- UFC signs top Japanese Prospect Michinori Tanaka
In everyone's haste to believe that Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis at lightweight was set in stone, Aldo's reluctance to surrender his UFC featherweight title is being ignored. Link
- Leonard Garcia vs. Shane Howell title fight joins deep Legacy FC 29 card
March’s Legacy FC 29 event will have a second title fight as UFC/WEC vet Leonard Garcia looks to make the first successful defense of his featherweight title. Link
- Rodolfo Vieira submits Alan Belcher, wins tournament
Top UFC middleweight Alan Belcher put his grappling chops to the test in a grand prix tournament on Saturday night in Rio. Link
- Clint Hester credits Joe Rogan's commentary for win over Andy Enz in Newark
After his victory over Andy Enz at UFC 169 on Saturday night (Feb. 1, 2014) in Newark, NJ, Hester spoke to MMAmania.com about being disappointed for not getting the finish, and using some advice from...
- Jessica Eye vs. Sarah Kaufman Fight Result Change Stems from Eye’s Failed Drug Trust
Sarah Kaufman vs Jessica EyeJessica Eye won a split decision victory over Sarah Kaufman at UFC 166 on Oct. 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston. That is until Saturday, when reports surfaced that the...
- Jon Fitch will fight WSOF 9's Steve Carl vs. Rousimar Palhares title winner
Jon Fitch (25-6-1) will get a WSOF title shot, and his opponent will be determined at the organization’s next event. Link
- Donald Cerrone vs. Edson Barboza set for UFC on FOX 11 in Orlando
Donald Cerrone said he wants six fights in 2014. After putting one in the books nine days ago, he now has No. 2 teed up. Cerrone (22-6 MMA, 9-3 UFC) will fight Edson Barboza (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) in...
- Broken hand knocks Francisco Rivera from UFC 170 fight with Raphael Assuncao
Raphael Assuncao apparently will be hoping for a new opponent for UFC 170 on less than three weeks’ notice. Link
- Eddie Wineland wants Raphael Assuncao at UFC 170
After his win at UFC on FOX 10, Eddie Wineland said he was going to subscribe to the “Cowboy” Cerrone theory, taking as many fights as he can get. Link
- Pat Barry signs with GLORY kickboxing
Well, that didn't take long. Pat Barry announces he will return to kickboxing after revealing he would be taking a break from MMA, as he has signed with GLORY World Series. But first, "HD" will...
- Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch set for UFC 172 in Baltimore
Fresh from his first UFC win, Luke Rockhold will get back to work in short order in a fight that was supposed to happen this past fall. Rockhold (11-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC), the final Strikeforce...
- Anthony Johnson Returns to Octagon, Fights Phil Davis at UFC 172
Who says you can’t go home again (especially if you’ve been winning)? On Tuesday morning, UFC president Dana White announced via Twitter that they have brought back Anthony “Rumble” Johnson...
- Training partner from Julianna Pena's injury speaks: 'It was just a freak accident at the gym'
Josh Gow says that when Julianna Pena was injured while training with him it was not due to any sort of "attack" but was rather a freak accident during a normal grappling session. Link
- T.J. Grant hopes to fight on October 4 card in Halifax
No. 3 ranked lightweight contender T.J. Grant, who has been out of action since May 2013, is looking to fight on hometown card Link
- MFC 40 features trio of title fights with Alvey, Birchak, Gallicchio-Southern
Maximum Fighting Championship will return in May with a card featuring three title fights. Link
- Ex-UFC champ Junior dos Santos leaves Team Nogueira for Nova Uniao
After two crushing title fight losses to Cain Velaquez, dos Santos is leaving long-time mentor Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to join the team of UFC champs Jose Aldo and Renan Barao. Link
- Cage Warriors makes debut in Denmark with Cage Warriors 66 in March
For the first time, Cage Warriors Fighting Championship will touch down in Scandinavia this spring. Link
- Bubba McDaniel made $33,200 fighting for the UFC in 2013
Bubba McDaniel just got his W2s from his 2013 run with Zuffa and it would appear that he's less than pleased with the bottom line. Link
- Joe Rogan on Anderson Silva: 'There's a real danger of that leg breaking again'
UFC announcer Joe Rogan isn't as bullish on Anderson Silva's return as Dana White is. Link
- Bellator 112 lineup set with Juarez-Koreshkov, McDonough-Scanlon tourney fights
Share this image:Bellator MMA’s Season 10 welterweight tournament field is complete with the addition of Jesse Juarez (21-8 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) vs. Andrey Koreshkov (14-1 MMA, 5-1 BMMA) and Adam McDonough...
- Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope targeted for UFC Fight Night 38 in Brazil
The UFC’s March card in Brazil continues to fill up with the addition of a featherweight fight to the show. Link
- After post-weigh-in rehydration snafu, UFC's Derek Brunson pledges change in preparation
Things were going pretty well for Derek Brunson last month in Georgia. As a 2-to-1 underdog against Yoel Romero on the main card of UFC Fight Night 35, not many people expected Brunson to be in the...
- UFC Joins MMA & Boxing Organizations to Support Fighters Brain Health Study at Cleveland Clinic
Lorenzo Fertitta, Chairman and CEO of The Ultimate Fighting Championship, on Tuesday joined with Top Rank President Todd duBoef, SpikeTV President (Bellator/Glory) Kevin Kay, and Bernard Hopkins...
- Thiago Tavares out at UFC Fight Night 36, promotion seeking short-notice replacement
Thiago Tavares‘ featherweight debut will have to wait, as injury has forced him off next week’s UFC Fight Night 36 card. MMAjunkie today confirmed with a source close to the fighter that Tavares...
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rustam Khabilov scrapped from UFC 170 due to injury
UFC 170 continues to take hits this week, and the latest casualty is the lightweight bout between Rafael dos Anjos and Rustam Khabilov. Link
- UFC on Fox 11 Fight Card Adds Pat Healy vs. Jorge Masvidal and Brad Tavares vs. Yoel Romero
With the UFC on Fox 11 fight card recently being made official for April 19 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., the fight card is starting to fill up. UFC officials on Tuesday announced two new...
- Rafael dos Anjos faces Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC on FOX 11
lightweight showdown between Rafael dos Anjos and Khabib Nurmagomedov is set for UFC on FOX 11 on April 19 in Orlando, Fla. Dos Anjos was slated to face Rustam Khabilov at UFC 170, but that was...
- Bellator, fighting Power Ranger Jason Frank both want them some CM Punk
It seems like CM Punk maybe really did leave the WWE behind. Now word is bubbling up that MMA's #2 promotion would love to book him in a fight plus he's getting called out by another...
- Corey-Kruchten, Dugulubgov-Nunez added to WSOF 9 in Las Vegas
A pair of fights have been added to World Series of Fighting’s March event in Las Vegas. Link
- Vinny Magalhaes unhappy with salary mis-reporting
A former UFC Light Heavyweight, and M-1 Global champion is less than pleased about the way his UFC salary has been reported Link
- Anthony Leone replaces injured Rafael Silva, faces champ Eduardo Dantas at Bellator 111
Bellator MMA’s 2013 Summer Series bantamweight tournament winner Rafael “Morcego” Silva (21-3 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) has been forced to withdraw from a planned fight with champ Eduardo Dantas (15-3 MMA, 5-0...
- Jon Jones Hopes Anderson Silva ‘just stays away’ From MMA
“To see such a magnificent career and legacy get tarnished by two losses, two kind of flukish losses – I wouldn’t call the first one a fluke – it sucks,” he said. “It leaves a weird taste in your...
- UFC & Eye release statements on failed drug test
Following the news of her overturned win against Sarah Kaufman at UFC 166, "Evil" Eye and the UFC speak out about the news over her failed drug test. Link
- Anthony Johnson: 'I'll move to heavyweight before I fight my teammates'
Anthony Johnson is once again the new kid on the UFC block. He discusses his re-entry to the roster, upcoming bout with Davis and whether we'll see him at Heavyweight any time soon. Link
- Coach Roach: Dana White dragged GSP down
The ex-UFC champ's boxing coach says that UFC boss beat down a depressed St-Pierre and that if there was any alternative he'd tell GSP to fight somewhere else. Link
- If Aldo moves up, UFC boss says Mendes vs. Swanson makes sense for featherweight title
UFC President Dana White made it very clear he wasn’t making a fight announcement, but he did offer a strong opinion on what could come next at 145 pounds if Jose Aldo does indeed vacate his title...
- 'Countdown to UFC 170' debuts Feb. 17 on FOX Sports 1
The UFC’s traditional pre-event show returns Monday, Feb. 17, with the debut of “Countdown to UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann” on FOX Sports 1. Link
- ONE FC Bolsters 135-Pound Ranks with Legend FC Champ Xian Ji and URCC Champ Cary Bullos
ONE FC has expanded its already impressive 135-pound roster with the signing of two titleholders from Asian promotions. Legend FC bantamweight champion Xian Ji and URCC Visayan bantamweight champion...
- Junior dos Santos explains his training at Nova União: 'I think this is evolution'
Junior dos Santos explains that he is still a part of Team Nogueira, even though he has moved to Nova União for the purpose of "evolving." Link
- Jones doesn't always see 'eye to eye' with the UFC
'Extremely dangerous and motivated' UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones on where he fits in the UFC marketing plan, UFC 172, fight training and planning, and the fact that not everyone always...
- White: Lyoto Machida could be next in line with UFC Fight Night 36 win
Saying his 185-pound division has “never been more exciting,” UFC President Dana White on Wednesday said the next big matchup in the division could produce the next fighter in line to fight for the...
- Dana White Dismisses Catchweight Talk, Says José Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis Would Be at Lightweight
The potential match-up between current UFC featherweight champion José Aldo and lightweight champ Anthony Pettis won’t happen at any weight other than 155 pounds, UFC president Dana White said on...
- Poppies Martinez, Chris Culley Cleared for Featherweight Title Headliner at TPF 18
Poppies Martinez and Chris Culley will square off as expected in the main event of TPF 18 , as both featherweight title contenders hit their marks at Wednesday’s pre-fight weigh-ins. Link
- Undefeated Douglas Silva replaces injured Thiago Tavares at UFC Fight Night 36
The injury bug has forced a late change to the UFC Fight Night 36 card in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil. Link
- Discovery channel cancels Dana White's 'The Fighters' boxing reality show after just one episode
I dunno ... makin' a statement I guess. Townie crews ain't what they used to be. Link
- Ben Askren makes ONE FC debut in May for welterweight title
Ben Askren was hoping his first fight for ONE FC would be for a title. It will be. Askren (12-0) will make his promotional debut in May, and he’ll be fighting for the ONE FC welterweight title. The...
- Josh Samman vs. Caio Magalhaes added to UFC on FOX 11 in Orlando
The UFC’s return to Florida has had a busy week, and now adds a middleweight bout to its growing lineup. Link
- Newcomer Douglas de Andrade meets Zubair Tuhugov at UFC Fight Night 36
The UFC has another Brazilian featherweight riding a lengthy unbeaten streak in its fold. Link