- Dustin Poirier responds to Diego Brandao's 'excuses'
Dustin Poirier didn't take too kindly to Diego Brandao's comments earlier this week regarding their UFC 168 fight. LINK
- Ronda Rousey talks love of Fedor Emelianenko, desire to have ’57 of his babies’
Ronda Rousey may be one of the biggest MMA stars on the planet, but she apparently still gets a little flustered by one of her own idols in the sport. Link
- Road FC – Korea 1 Full Fight Card Revealed; Riki Fukuda vs. Hee Seung Kim Headlines
The full fight card for the first of Road FC’s new monthly events has been revealed and it features a couple of recognizable Korean fighters with UFC veteran… Link
- BJ Penn: “I Came Out of Retirement Because I Wanted to Fight Frankie Edgar Again”
After having been out of the Octagon for more than a year and having lost four of his last six fights, the question swirling over BJ Penn’s head. Link
- Matt Brown says female fighters don't have KO power and would prefer they fight topless
"Women were fighting?" It doesn't sound like Matt Brown will be joining Armbar Nation anytime soon. On the mend recovering from two torn discs in his back, UFC welterweight Matt Brown got a few pals...
- UFC’s Martin Kampmann not retiring, but after concussions, in ‘no rush’ to return
UFC welterweight Martin Kampmann is burned out, in need of time away from the daily grind of being a high-level MMA fighter. That’s why he’s taking an undetermined hiatus from competition. Link
- Luiz Dutra apologizes again, guns for Kunimoto rematch in Brazil
An apology can be a difficult thing, especially if you're looking to gain something out of it at the same time. Link
- Bellator 111 Features Bantamweight Title Fight and Heavyweight Tournament Opening Round
The Bellator MMA Bantamweight World Title will be on the line live on Spike TV from the WinStar World Casino on Friday, March 7. The night will also showcase the opening round of the Bellator...
- Michael Chiesa sidelined with shoulder injury
Michael Chiesa's return to the Octagon has been slightly delayed. Chiesa (10-1), who did not have a fight lined up when he suffered the injury, recently got back on the winning track by defeating...
- Pedro Rizzo interested in fighting for WSOF in Brazil
Pedro Rizzo is not done fighting. The former UFC heavyweight contender was seen in the corner of top UFC fighters Anderson Silva, Glover Teixeira and Jose Aldo over the last year, and he might return...
- Anthony Johnson to receive title shot with WSOF 8 victory over Mike Kyle
Anthony Johnson is just one victory away from competing for his first-ever world championship. Link
- WSOF reps blast UFC fighter Matt Brown’s controversial WMMA comments
Promoters and a women’s strawweight from World Series of Fighting on Thursday criticized recent comments made by UFC welterweight Matt Brown, who said among other things that he would only buy a...
- Matt Brown wants topless female fighters? Sara McMann tells him to fight in a speedo
In the wake of Brown's controversial comments on his podcast, the next women's contender has a suggestion of her own for "The Immortal". Link
- Urijah Faber makes nice with Dominick Cruz, promises to beat Renan Barao 'no matter what'
"The California Kid" will step in for the injured and now former champion, Dominick Cruz, against Renan Barao at UFC 169. The 11-year veteran was a guest on MMAmania's 'Darce Side Radio' this week,...
- Ken Shamrock, UFC Hall of Famer Is Now a Bodyguard for 50 Cent
UFC Hall of Famer and professional wrestler Ken Shamrock was spotted recently with a new gig—serving as a bodyguard for rapper 50 Cent. Link
- Matt Brown apologizes for telling female fighters to go topless
In the wake of backlash from comments on his podcast, "The Immortal" issues a formal apology for his controversial statement. Link
- UFC Issues Statement on Matt Brown’s Controversial Podcast Comment
The UFC on Thursday issued a statement regarding Matt Brown's controversial comment about female fighters. Link
- Yushin Okami, Rousimar Palhares expected to make WSOF debuts on March 29
The future is clearer for two of World Series of Fighting's marquee free agent acquisitions, as UFC veterans Yushin Okami (29-8) and Rousimar Palhares (15-5) are both expected to make their...
- UFC champ Demetrious Johnson: PPV points not all they’re cracked up to be
Right now, UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson would rather make his money on the front end than the back. Link
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Mike Rio promoted to UFC on FOX 10 televised lineup
One bout’s recent cancellation has opened the door for a new televised fight at this month’s UFC on FOX 10 event. Link
- Anthony Pettis doesn't know how Josh Thomson got a title shot to begin with
"Showtime" dismisses the criticism of his would-be challenger. He also gives a timeline for his return to the Octagon to defend his belt. Link
- Royce Gracie Joins Muhammad Ali and Tiger Woods Among SI’s 50 Greatest Athletes of All Time
Even a legend can be humbled, especially when that legend is cast amongst 49 other legends. Link
- WSOF Exec: Eddie Alvarez Ruined Bellator
World Series of Fighting (WSOF) Vice President Ali Abdelaziz shared his thoughts about re-signing fighters in WSOF, wanting them to go where they are happy and how the Eddie Alvarez lawsuit is...
- Ronda Rousey: Matt Who?
Women's bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey issues her first comment with Bloody Elbow regarding Matt Brown's sexist comments. Link
- Louis Gaudinot vs. Phil Harris added to UFC Fight Night 37 in London
A flyweight bout between Louis Gaudinot (6-3 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Phil Harris (22-11 MMA, 1-2 UFC) is the latest addition to March’s UFC Fight Night 37 event in England. Link
- Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira set for April 26 at UFC 172 in Baltimore
Jon Jones‘ next light heavyweight title defense finally has a date and a home. Link
- UFC 170 lineup finalized with Eye-Davis closing prelims, dos Anjos-Khabilov opening PPV
The lineup is set for next month’s UFC 170 event, and an intriguing women’s bout and possible title eliminator will close out the night’s preliminary card. Link
- Eddie Alvarez Confirms Rubber Match with Michael Chandler, Expects to Headline Bellator PPV
As expected, Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler will complete their trilogy in 2014. Link
- AXS TV Fights CEO jumps in the fray, calls out WSOF for cross-promotion
If Bellator MMA isn’t willing to match its fighters against those from World Series of Fighting, the MMA promotions under the AXS TV Fights banner are willing to step up. Link
- Keith Kizer Resigns as Nevada Athletic Commission Executive Director
Keith Kizer has resigned from his position as executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission. The NAC announced Kizer’s resignation via email on Friday evening, according to multiple reports....
- Cage Warriors 64 set for promotion’s first show of 2014 on Feb. 15 in London
After a promotional record-breaking 2013 that saw it host 14 fight cards across seven countries, Cage Warriors Fighting Championship has set its first event of 2014 for next month. Link
- Big John McCarthy celebrates Keith Kizer's decision to leave the NSAC
Legendary UFC ref Big John McCarthy took to Twitter to celebrate the departure of NSAC executive director Keith Kizer, his longtime nemesis. Will Kizer's departure re-open the Octagon doors to Big...
- WSOF Inks Jackson’s MMA Product Landon Vannata to Four-Fight Deal
The World Series of Fighting continues to build its talent pool, as the promotion recently signed Jackson’s MMA representative Landon Vannata to a four-fight deal. Link
- Wanderlei Silva to run for Congress under Brazilian Social Democracy Party (PSDB) in Parana
Wanderlei Silva has a message for those in office: "Go to jail, retire, or die." Sounds like my kind of politician! Link
- Pascal Krauss vs. Adam Khaliev scrapped from UFC on FOX 10 in Chicago
The UFC’s return to Chicago continues to undergo some late changes. Link
- Shinya Aoki Plans to Defend ONE FC Lightweight Title and Challenge for Featherweight Belt in 2014
Weight issues are on a lot of people’s minds in January, but few people can be paying more precise attention to the issue at present than Shinya Aoki. Link
- UFC 169 judging assignment: Cardo Urso, Eric Colon, and Ricardo Almeida top 'Barao vs. Faber 2'
But will either of these two championship title fights last 25 minutes? Link
- Move over Tim Kennedy, Mark Munoz has 'unfinished business' with Michael Bisping
Michael Bisping may never win a UFC title, but he will undoubtedly retire as the call-out champion of the world (and he says 'thank you'). Link
- Suspended Antonio Silva undergoes shoulder surgery after war with Mark Hunt
Antonio Silva had been hoping to make a quick turnaround and get right back in the cage after his epic battle against Mark Hunt a month ago. Link
- Dana White: Nate Diaz doesn't want to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov
With the fight against Melendez scrapped, the UFC president says the younger Diaz brother has turned down a fight against Khabib as well. Link
- Fabio Maldonado says he’s fighting Gian Villante at yet-to-be-announced UFC Fight Night 38 event
Brazilian slugger Fabio Maldonado (20-6 MMA, 3-3 UFC) recently revealed he’s planning on fighting Gian Villante (11-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at an as-yet-unannounced UFC Fight Night event in Natal, Brazil....
- Michael Johnson volunteers for the fight ‘nobody’ wants: Khabib Nurmagomedov
With UFC President Dana White admitting he’s struggling to find anyone to face undefeated Russian contender Khabib Nurmagomedov (21-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC), a volunteer has emerged. Link
- Kogan: Diaz didn't turn down fight, UFC did
Diaz's manager Mike Kogan blames the UFC for the fight against Khabib not getting booked. Link
- Former UFC champ Georges St-Pierre enjoyed holidays with family, won’t rule out return to fighting
Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is content with his decision to leave active competition and his championship belt behind, at least for the time being. LINK
- UFC Featherweight champ Jose Aldo vows to fight at Lightweight
The oft-injured UFC 145 pound champ is returning to action in the co-main event of UFC 169 on February 1. He'll be surrendering the spotlight to his teammate, Bantamweight champ Renan Barao and...
- Referees Herb Dean, Keith Peterson assigned to UFC 169’s dual championship fights
Veteran referees Herb Dean and Keith Peterson have been assigned to UFC 169’s dual championship fights. Link
- Anderson Silva holds he didn't lose to Chris Weidman at UFC 168
Only a few weeks out from the fight, Silva contends that Weidman's win was based completely off luck. Link
- UFC on Fox 10 Adds Debuting Welterweights to Chicago Fight Card
A 170-pound match between George Sullivan and Mike Rhodes will be added to the UFC on Fox 10 lineup, MMAWeekly.com confirmed on Sunday. Link
- Jamie Varner offers to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov
Dana White stated yesterday that UFC Lightweights are not exactly lining up to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov. Who could blame them? Nurmagomedov is 21-0, including five straight dominant victories inside...
- Belcher Draws Alkitbe In Jiu-Jitsu Tourney
The brackets have been revealed for the upcoming Copa Podio heavyweight (98kg/189.6 lbs.) jiu-jitsu tournament, scheduled for Feb. 1, 2014 inside the Botafogo Gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,...