- Tatsuya Kawajiri nearly retired before getting call to fight in UFC
SINGAPORE – If it wasn’t for a call from the UFC, Tatsuya Kawajiri might have been done with MMA entirely. LINK
- UFC Fight Night 35 lineup shuffle sends Moraga-Ortiz from prelims to main card
After a lineup change that saw the return of Charlie Brenneman to face newcomer Beneil Dariush, the UFC’s return to Georgia has seen a shuffling on the main card. Link
- UFC Fighter Quinn Mulhern Retires: “I Won’t Be Competitive at This Level”
UFC fighter Quinn Mulhern on Saturday night called it a career, decides to move on to something new. Link
- Manager: 'Trust me, Anderson Silva will be back' after UFC 168 leg break
With questions about Silva's MMA future in the air, his manage assures fans that Silva will not be leaving the sport. Link
- Luiz Dutra apologizes for DQ but says Kunimoto ‘played it up to some extent’
Luiz Dutra simply got lost in the moment when he suffered a disqualification loss at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 34, but he said his opponent isn’t completely innocent in the ordeal. Link
- Cung Le: UFC not to blame for inexperienced yoga instructor on ‘TUF: China’
So, you’ve probably heard about the yoga instructor who appears on “The Ultimate Fighter: China” – the one with no pro MMA experience. Link
- Josh Sampo vs. Zach Makovsky slated for UFC 170 in Vegas
Two ranked flyweights will meet next month at UFC 170 when Josh Sampo (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) takes on Zach Makovsky (17-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC). Link
- Heun details issues with UFC's insurance policy
The UFC's insurance policy appears to not want to cover athletes getting surgery needed to prolong their careers, a least in the case of Conor Heun's struggles. Link
- Fighters only World MMA Awards 2013 Time to vote
The 6th Annual World Mixed Martial Arts awards voting stages are underway. Head over to LINK to vote now
- Miesha Tate will help Cris Cyborg train for next opponent
Miesha Tate + Cris Cyborg = A weird WMMA Voltron? Link
- WSOF 8 lineup finalized, Palomino vs. Patino moved to main-card opener
Next week’s World Series of Fighting 8 lineup has been finalized, and in addition to a new preliminary-card bout, lightweights Luis Palomino (21-9) and Jorge Patino (35-14-2) have been promoted to...
- UFC middleweight champ Weidman objects to Belfort's testosterone use
The UFC champ hopes the Nevada Commission will be keeping a very close eye on challenger Vitor Belfort's testosterone levels and steroid use when and if they meet to battle for UFC gold. LINK
- Former UFC champ Tito Ortiz arrested in LA on suspicion of DUI
The Calfornia Highway Patrol had to take Tito away after he drove his 2012 Porsche Panamera into the median on I-405. Link
- Ali Abdel-Aziz issues WSOF challenge to Bellator for a 10 fight PPV card
WSOF matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz appeared on the MMA hour today and it was with a surprising proposition in mind. Link
- MMA Fighter Kills Home Invader, Wounds Another
At this time, no charges have been filed against the homeowner in what is being called an act of self defense. Link
- Monster Launches UFC Octagon Headphones With Anthony Pettis, Nick Cannon and Shaquille O'Neal
In case you aren't spending enough money on UFC events and merchandise, which recently saw a rate hike, the world's premiere mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion has unveiled its new Octagon headphones...
- 'DB' Admits To Stab-Gate, Says Poirier Got Lucky
UFC featherweight Diego Brandao explains why he threatened to stab Dustin Poirier at the UFC 168 weigh ins and claims "The Diamond" was scared and got lucky with his win at the "Weidman vs. Silva 2"...
- Trainer: Media Went Too Far In Harassment Of GSP
Georges St. Pierre has no problem taking his lumps from the MMA media, but when they go after his family? That's when it crosses the line, according to his head coach. Link
- Dominick Cruz pulls out of UFC 169 with groin tear; vacates title
With the injury, Cruz is forced to vacate the title and he will be replaced in the UFC 169 main event by his arch rival, Urijah Faber, who will now be getting the shot against new champion Renan...
- Jimy Hettes-Dennis Bermudez, Julianna Pena-Jessica Andrade booked for UFC 171
The UFC’s return to Dallas continues to grow with the addition of two more fights. Link
- Renan Barao opens as more than 3-to-1 favorite over Urijah Faber at UFC 169
Monday’s shakeup in the UFC’s bantamweight division, and subsequent new main event for UFC 169, has meant a shakeup with the oddsmakers, as well. Link
- Former UFC, Strikeforce fighter Ryan Couture set to return to MMA on Jan. 18
After a three-month hiatus, ex-UFC and Strikeforce fighter Ryan Couture is returning to the cage to continue his professional MMA career. Link
- Final UFC 168 gate ranks second all-time for MMA in Nevada in excess of $6.2 million
This past month’s UFC 168 officially drew an attendance of 15,650 for a live gate of $6,238,792.50. Link
- Jessica Aguilar: World Series of Fighting has world’s best strawweight – me
World Series of Fighting strawweight Jessica Aguilar isn’t worried about losing her No. 1 ranking when the UFC eventually crowns its inaugural 115-pound champion later this year. Link
- Matt Serra admits to being the one that uttered "Good, f--- him" after Anderson Silva's injury at UFC 168
Matt Serra attempts to clear the air as to what was behind the "Good, f--- him' comment that was caught on the red corner audio feed from UFC 168 Link
- Joe Ellenberger joins twin brother in UFC
The Ellenbergers will be the latest set of brothers to compete in the UFC octagon. Link
- Reps want Anderson Silva to fight Georges St-Pierre upon UFC return
It’s much too early to set a date, but Anderson Silva‘s managers are dreaming big for the former middleweight champion’s return to the octagon. Link
- UFC welterweight Matt Brown avoids back surgery, expects Octagon return by late spring or early summer
Matt Brown won't be sliced and diced after blowing out his back ... but did he lose his place in the 170-pound line? Link
- UFC signs Pancrase champ Takenori Sato to face Erick Silva in Brazil
It's a really high quality pick up for the UFC as they sign longtime Pancrase champion Takenori Sato to face Erick Silva at UFC Fight Night 36 on February 15th in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil. Link
- Zuffa lowers ticket prices for UFC 170
It appears that the UFC has dropped ticket prices for their first PPV in Las Vegas in 2014. Link
- UFN 35’s Constantinos Philippou on ‘boring’ Carmont fight, split with Weidman
UFC middleweight Constantinos Philippou is headlining an event after a recent loss, so he hasn’t slipped too far down his division’s ladder. LINK
- Doc says Anderson Silva might not throw a leg kick for up to a year
Dr. Steven Sanders, Anderson Silva's surgeon says it will be a might long time before Anderson Silva throws another leg kick. Link
- UFC Light Heavyweight Cody Donovan Headed to Surgery on Thursday to Repair Torn Ligament
UFC light heavyweight Cody Donovan has been sidelined with a thumb injury since his UFC 167 bout with Gian Villante. He's now headed into surgery.… Link
- TUF 18 winner Julianna Pena vs. Jessica Andrade set for UFC 171
Inaugural female TUF winner Julianna Pena (5-2) will face her first test outside the realm of reality television when she takes on No. 9 ranked bantamweight contender Jessica Andrade (10-3) at UFC...
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Tim Gorman verbally agreed for April bout
Former Ultimate Fighter season 18 competitor Tim Gorman never got a chance to prove he could win the reality show after an injury knocked him out of the running before he even fought one of his...
- Alan Belcher to compete in a heavyweight jiu-jitsu tournament in Brazil
Alan Belcher is back to the fighting game, but it won’t be inside the Octagon. The UFC middleweight is still unable to fight MMA since his technical decision loss to Michael Bisping last April, when...
- Alexander Yakovlev to the UFC
According to his twitter page and this photo it looks like the UFC has signed another highly talented Russian fighter. Link
- Oleksiy Oliynyk injured, UFC on FOX 10 bout against Jared Rosholt cancelled
An late injury to Oleksiy Oliynyk (48-9-1) has led to the cancellation of the Ukrainian's UFC debut, a heavyweight tilt against Jared Rosholt (9-1) initially scheduled for UFC on FOX 10. Link
- Tarec Saffiedine open to rebooking with Ellenberger after UFC Fight Night 34 win
While Tarec Saffiedine dominated Hyun Gyu Lim for the majority of five rounds at UFC Fight Night 34, he doesn’t think the performance puts him above facing his originally scheduled opponent for the...
- Travis Browne’s UFC heavyweight title eliminator hinges on new contract
The UFC is reportedly planning a heavyweight title eliminator for this spring, but before that happens, one of the contenders has to sign a new contract. Link
- MMA fighter may be charged in home invasion death
The 27-year-old fighter survived a home invasion attack by four alleged gang members that left one man dead, another hospitalized and has so far resulted in four arrests. Now Torrez is preparing his...
- TJ Grant still not clear of concussion symptoms
It's been just under six months since Grant pulled out of his title fight against Benson Henderson and the former top contender is still not cleared to resume training. Link
- Tate asks fans to harass clerk
Miesha Tate took her problems to the internet, looking for a solution. She's calling upon her legions of fans to harass a gas station attendant who she feels treated her poorly. Link
- Injuries Alter MFC 39; Baghdad-Powers, McInnes-Ring Added to AXS TV-Broadcast Card
Several injuries have affected Maximum Fighting Championship’s Jan. 17 card, resulting in two new MFC 39 bookings. Link
- The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Brazil 3 will crown a winner in the heavyweight and middleweight divisions
Mixed martial arts (MMA) fans know the location of the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Brazil 3, the two coaches -- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen -- and now which weight classes will...
- Ryan Chiappe out, Sean Powers takes on Mehdi Baghdad at MFC 39
There has been yet another switch to Maximum Fighting Championship’s first event of 2014. Link
- WSOF: Ali Abdel-Aziz 'We're happy to be the college football of MMA'
World Series of Fighting matchmaker, Ali Abdel-Aziz discusses standards that they've modeled after the UFC, their willingness to be the "college football" of mixed martial arts and the way they'll be...
- WWE online network announcment eclipses Fight Pass
On Wednesday night the WWE announced the details for their upcoming digital network. One key feature has it standing well above UFC Fight Pass. Link
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Returns to Training, Targets May or June UFC Fight
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on Wednesday revealed that he has returned to training with hopes to fight sometime in May or June. Link
- James Te Huna’s New Year’s Resolution: A Move to Middleweight
All around the world, people, in a drunken haze, scream out their New Year’s resolutions on Dec. 31. It’s not until they wake up the next morning with a hangover to end all hangovers that a lot of...