- UFC 168 injuries and medical suspensions: Anderson Silva benched six months after shattering shankbone
Now that the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, it's time to find out who's worse for the wear (besides the obvious) following the carnage at UFC 168: "Weidman vs. Silva 2" this past weekend...
- Valdir Araujo meets Tyler Stinson on main card of WSOF 8 in Florida
Share this image:The main card for World Series of Fighting 8 now is set with the addition of a fifth bout to the lineup. Link
- February’s UFC 170 in Las Vegas adds Alexis Davis vs. Jessica Eye
The UFC’s February card in Las Vegas will have a second big women’s bout on the bill. Link
- Bantamweights Bryan Caraway vs. Lucas Martins added to UFC 170 in Vegas
A bantamweight bout between Bryan Caraway (18-6 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Lucas Martins (14-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) is the latest addition to February’s quickly filling UFC 170 event. Link
- Watch today’s Cage Warriors 63 live on MMAjunkie at 4 p.m. ET
You can watch a live and free video stream of today’s Cage Warriors 63 main card here on MMAjunkie at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT (9 p.m. GMT local time). Link
- UFC Fight Night 35 main card set with six bouts for promotion’s Georgia return
The lineup is set for next month’s UFC Fight Night 35 card, the promotion’s return to Georgia for the first time in nearly two years. Link
- Weidman's corner says "Good, f**k him" about Silva
Listen to the red corner audio from Saturday's UFC 168 main event where the champ's camp had some choice words for the fallen foe. Link
- Surgeon Details Anderson Silva’s Surgery, Expects Full Recovery
Dr. Steven Sanders, who performed the surgery on former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s broken leg in the early hours of Sunday morning, detailed the procedure and recovery process during...
- Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye 2013 results feature wins by Shinya Aoki, Satoshi Ishii and Minowaman
Japanese fight fans got to ring in the new year with IGF's Bom-Ba-Ye 2013 combat sports festival. Full results from the MMA portion of the show below. Link
- Abel Trujillo gets new opponent for UFC 169 main card
With Bobby Green out (22-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC), Abel Trujillo (11-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has a new opponent for February’s UFC 169 event: fellow lightweight Jamie Varner (21-8-1 MMA, 3-3 UFC). Link
- UFC 168 Weigh-In Show Becomes Most-Watched Weigh-In Program in Fox Sports History
The UFC 168 weigh-in show was the most-watched weigh-in program ever to broadcast on a Fox Sports Media Group channel, a network official told MMAWeekly.com. Link
- Tim Kennedy Writes Up Bout Agreement To Face Michael Bisping, Tweets It To Dana White
UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy writes up bout agreement to face Michael Bisping, signs it and tweets it to UFC president Dana White. Link
- Following Cryptic Tweet, Trainer Says Chris Leben Still Unsure About Retirement
Chris Leben is pondering his future, following UFC 168 loss to Uriah Hall. Link
- Corey Hill’s sobering advice for Anderson Silva and his return from a broken leg
Corey Hill didn’t watch Anderson Silva‘s rematch with Chris Weidman, but he had an eerie feeling when he received a text message from a buddy the night of UFC 168. LINK
- Anderson Silva’s son wants his dad to stop fighting
Kalyl Silva, the teenage son of Anderson Silva (33-6 MMA, 16-2 UFC), has his dad’s long limbs and an apparent knack for striking. Prior to the ex-middleweight champ’s title defense against Vitor...
- UFC 168 prelims do terrific ratings on FS1
Last Saturday's UFC 168 preliminary card fights on Fox Sports 1 was the second highest rated UFC program in the network's young history. Link
- UFN 35 bout order set with 6 main card fights
The bout order for the UFC's return to Atlanta on January 15th is set. Link
- Stann joins Anik at UFC Fight Night 34
Calling the fights on that live stream will be play-by-play voice Jon Anik and former fighter Brian Stann, who will fill in for Anik’s usual partner, Kenny Florian. Link
- Cosmo Alexandre makes promotional debut vs. Anselmo Luna at Legacy FC 28
Highly touted kickboxer Cosmo Alexandre now has his opponent for his Legacy Fighting Championship debut. Link
- Jason High Withdraws from UFC Fight Night 35 with Ruptured Appendix
Jason High suffered a ruptured appendix on Wednesday, forcing him into surgery and out his upcoming UFC Fight Night 35 bout. Link
- New main event signed for World Series of Fighting 8
An injury has forced World Series of Fighting to change its main event on Jan. 18. Justin Gaethje will now face Richard Patishnock for the inaugural WSOF lightweight title after Lewis Gonzalez...
- Charlie Brenneman returns to UFC to fight Beneil Dariush at UFC Fight Night 35
Charlie Brenneman was released from the UFC in 2012 after going 4-4 inside of the octagon. Now, after more than a year out of the top promotion in mixed martial arts, Brenneman received the call to...
- Bellator tourney finalist Brent Weedman retires
Brent Weedman, who competed in five Bellator MMA tournaments, has retired from the sport, his management team today announced. The 29-year-old Kentucky native concludes his eight-year pro career with...
- Zingano unhappy about McMann fight, offers to fight Rousey with torn ACL
Less than a week after reaffirming that Cat Zingano was still the number one contender for Ronda Rousey's belt the UFC have announced that Rousey will be making a quick turnaround to face Sara McMann...
- Johnson asks UFC for Diaz fight
Nate Diaz is in Michael Johnson's sights according to his most recent Twitter post. Link
- UFC Asian Expansion plans: 5-7 shows for 2014, China on 2015, TUF South East Asia
Mark Fischer reveals that the UFC targets 5 to 7 shows in Asia on 2014, along with other future plans including how they plan on breaking into Mainland China on 2015, and a possible TUF South East...
- Georges St. Pierre: UFC took my championship belt and left without telling me
Inspector Clouseau and Sergeant Deux-Deux star in the case of the championship caper! Link
- Menjivar Vs. Hioki Booked For TUF 'China' Finale
Ivan Menjivar will be packing on a few pounds and moving back up to featherweight to challenge Hatsu Hioki at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) China live finale on March 1, 2014, from the Cotai Arena in...
- Top 15 Brazilian MMA prospects to watch for in 2014
Don’t be surprised if you see some new Brazilian faces in major mixed martial arts promotions next year. Some Brazilian talents had that chance in 2013, and did the best with it, like UFC fighters...
- Felipe Arantes vs. Maximo Blanco added to February’s UFC Fight Night 36 in Brazil
The UFC’s February return to Brazil continues to build with the addition of another fight between countrymen. Link
- Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort UFC title fight will take place in Las Vegas
Once the dust settled from Chris Weidman‘s first defense of the UFC middleweight title – and the shock wore off a little over what happened to Anderson Silva‘s leg – the questions started about where...
- Jorge Patino vs. Luis Palomino slated for WSOF 8 in Miami
Jorge Patino vs. Jose Landi-Jons is signed for the World Series of Fighting’s first trip to Brazil in 2014, but "Macaco" has another bout before he faces his long-time rival. WSOF’s executive vice...
- UFC Veteran, 15-Year Pro Din Thomas Retires at 37
UFC veteran Din Thomas has retired after 15 years of mixed martial arts competition. Link
- UFC officials encouraged by early response to Fight Pass digital network
SINGAPORE – The UFC’s new digital network, UFC Fight Pass, features its first live event on Saturday with “UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs. Lim,” which streams on the new platform from Singapore’s...
- Glory 14 Zagreb: Nieky Holzken to fight in Welterweight World Title fight March 8
Kickboxing company Glory has already announced that their next card will be held in March, with Glory 14 taking place in Zagreb, Croatia on March 8. Glory 14 will once again air on Spike TV. We...
- Dong Hyun Kim vs John Hathaway headlines TUF: China Finale
UFC welterweights Dong Hyun Kim and John Hathaway set to headline the TUF: China Finale on March 1st in Macau. Link
- Cung Le plans 2014 return, eyes Michael Bisping, Wanderlei Silva
SINGAPORE – Cung Le turns 42 years old this year, but he’s not done fighting. In fact, not only does he see himself returning to the octagon in 2014, but the San Shou expert believes he’ll likely...
- UFC Fight Night 34 weigh-in results: Fighters on weight in Singapore
MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9 a.m. ET) -Tarec Saffiedine (170) vs. Hyun Gyu Lim (171) -Tatsuya Kawajiri (145) vs. Sean Soriano (145) -Luiz Dutra (171) vs. Kiichi Kunimoto (171) -Kyung Ho Kang (136)...
- Chris Weidman opens as 2-to-1 favorite over Vitor Belfort in UFC title defense
After back-to-back stints as a betting underdog, Chris Weidman is again a favorite. Link
- Melendez/Nurmagomedov scrapped from UFC 170
Lightweights Gilbert Melendez and Khabib Nurmagomedov will not be fighting at UFC 170 this February. Link
- Australian newspaper blames MMA for 'string of savage street attacks' tied to 'Knockout Game' in U.S.
An Australian publication released an article this week questioning the popularity of mixed martial arts (MMA) because of deaths tied to the popularity of UFC and the so-called "Knockout Game." Link
- Ronda Rousey's former Judo coach posts how-to video for escaping "Rowdy's" signature armbar
Ronda Rousey's former judo coach Jimmy Pedro joins her former team mate Travis Stevens in an instructional video detailing how to escape "Rowdy's" signature armbar. Link
- Kelvin Gastelum gets wish, meets Rick Story at UFC 171 in Dallas
Kelvin Gastelum‘s Christmas present came a few days late, but it still came. Link
- Watch UFC Fight Night 34 online stream: Live video feed/Fight Pass options, start time for 'Saffiedine vs. Lim' in Singapore
The complete UFC Fight Night 34 fight card will air in the wee hours of Saturday morning (Jan. 4, 2014) on the Fight Pass digital network. Here's how to catch this weekend's "Saffiedine vs. Lim"...
- TUF: China Finale adds Shawn Jordan vs. Matt Mitrione/Yui Chul Nam vs. Kazuki Tokodume
The UFC has added two more bouts to the TUF: China Finale. Link
- Nate Loughran out at UFC Fight Night 36, promotion seeks new opponent for Erick Silva
Welterweight Nate Loughran‘s long-awaited octagon return has been put on hold, and UFC officials are now seeking a new opponent for Erick Silva. Link
- Erik Koch vs. Rafaello Oliveira booked for UFC 170 in Vegas
A lightweight bout between Erik Koch (13-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Rafaello Oliveira (15-6 MMA, 2-5 UFC) is the latest addition to next month’s quickly filling UFC 170 lineup. Link
- UFC Fight Night 34 bonuses: Saffiedine, Lim, Holloway, Doane earn $50,000
SINGAPORE – Tarec Saffiedine, Hyun Gyu Lim, Max Holloway and Russell Doane each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 34 event. Link
- AKA's Bob Cook: Aaron Pico is greatest MMA prospect I've ever seen
When looking back at historical figures when it comes to those who may have been champions in mixed martial arts, if such a sport existed in another generation, one name many people will always bring...
- Hyun Gyu Lim considered quitting after fourth round vs. Saffiedine at UFC Fight Night 34
SINGAPORE – After 20 minutes, Hyun Gyu Lim nearly quit during his five-round battle with Tarec Saffiedine. Link