- Ray Longo is the ultimate trainer
Before orchestrating the two greatest upsets in UFC history, trainer Ray Longo cultivated success stories. The type of story he thrives being a part of but rarely touts. Before Matt Serra and Chris...
- World Series of Fighting signs Ashlee Evans-Smith, Emi Fujino to roster
It didn’t take long for Ashlee Evans-Smith to make it to MMA’s next level. Link
- UFC 168 start times, fight card, TV info, fan and media events, video preview
A pair of rematches most of the MMA world has been salivating over finally go down this week at UFC 168, the promotion’s year-end show. Link
- UFC gives glimpse at content plan, pricing for new ‘Fight Pass’ digital network
The UFC’s new digital network won’t be officially unveiled by the promotion until later this week, with a full launch ready for the start of 2014. But while the finer points of the details are still...
- 2013 (Nordic) Fight of the Year : Gustafsson Versus Jones at UFC 165
The Nordic MMA Fight of 2013 goes to Alexander Gustafsson versus Jon Jones at UFC 165 in a bout that captured the MMA world’s attention. The first Nordic fighter to challenge for the UFC belt turned...
- Adlan Amagov to retire due to religious reasons
UFC Welterweight prospect, Adlan Amagov, was set to fight Jason High next month at UFC Fight Night 35. Unfortunately, Amagov was injured in training, and forced to withdraw from the bout. Earlier...
- Ronda Rousey Continues to Make History as First Female to Make UFC Pound-For-Pound Rankings
Ronda Rousey UFC 157 Pre 10UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has already cemented her place in mixed martial arts history. She became the first female fighter signed by Ultimate Fighting...
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 170
A Russian MMA news site is reporting an exciting addition to the February fight card. it looks like UFC 170 just picked up an exciting Lightweight bout. According to the Russian site MMA Boxing,...
- ‘Tanquinho’ Mendes scores 36-second win in MMA debut
Multiple time jiu-jitsu champion Augusto Mendes made quick work of his first opponent in MMA. "Tanquinho" made his amateur MMA debut on Saturday night at Duel for Domination 6 at the Arizona Event...
- Could Phil Davis be fighting Shogun Rua next?
UFC light heavyweight Phil Davis is ready to fight, and his coach said that they'd love it if the opponent was Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Phil Davis is coming off arguably the biggest win of his career,...
- Jessica Eye Fights For Her Father
"We just look at things like this where they tell us that we can’t, and we’re like, all right, we’re going to do everything we can to prove them wrong." - Jessica Eye This year will mark a different...
- World Series of Fighting signs Tyler Stinson, Teddy Holder
World Series of Fighting continues to add talent to its roster, and welterweight Tyler Stinson and light heavyweight Teddy Holder are the latest athletes to sign exclusive multi-fight deals. Link
- Ronda Rousey's corner 'will bet 20 grand on me'
The UFC women's Bantamweight champ brags to Fox News that her corner will bet $20,000 to win $2,500 on her fights. Link
- Rampage threatens to 'Break' man outside nightclub for disrespecting his girlfriend
Quinton Jackson is back in the news and, as is so often the case, it has nothing to do with cage fighting. Link
- Adlan Amagov not retired, dealing with undisclosed personal issues
UFC welterweight rising star Adlan Amagov has not retired, but he is taking some time off. On Sunday, an Instagram account that appeared to be linked to the Red Fury Fight Team announced that Amagov...
- Despite rumors, Barry and Phan still with UFC
There were rumors over the weekend that two fighters had been released from their UFC contracts. Those rumors turned out to be false. Link
- Ben Askren on six-figure ONE FC fights, ‘bald-headed fat man,’ UFC future, Baroni, more
Former Bellator MMA champion, undefeated MMA fighter and recent ONE FC signee Ben Askren admits he’s fighting mostly for a paycheck. Whether he’s OK with that is still an unanswered question. Link.
- UFC 168’s Chris Weidman on first Anderson Silva fight: ‘I don’t think I looked that good’
UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman doesn’t have any answers to the questions about which Anderson Silva will show up to Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena Saturday night in UFC 168’s pay-per-view...
- Rodrigo Damm returns to lightweight after weight-cutting issues
Rodrigo Damm (11-6) is back to the lightweight division. With a 2-1 record under the UFC banner, and coming off a decision victory over Mizuto Hirota, Damm returns to the 155-pound division to face...
- Dana White Promises “A Knockout That Beats Uriah Hall’s” on TUF 19
As MMA fans, it’s safe to say that we can appreciate a good knockout when we see one. The timing, the precision, the simultaneous grace and utter devastation — these are all factors we take into...
- UFC 168’s Travis Browne, Josh Barnett discuss enhanced drug testing experience
Between them, UFC heavyweights Travis Browne and Josh Barnett have been drug-tested at least a dozen times prior to their UFC 168 fight. Link.
- Despite claims that UFC PPV price hike was for UFC 168 only, 169 and 170 both currently listed at $59.95
The UFC.com website is reflecting that the "one event only" price hike for UFC 168 is permanent. Link.
- Shogun staying put at 205, wants Lil' Nog rematch
Don't expect Shogun to drop to middleweight any time soon. The former UFC Light Heavyweight champion is staying at 205 lbs. Link
- Demetrious Johnson Wants to Clean Out 125 Division, But Would Take Superfight
It wasn’t long after Demetrious Johnson’s second win over Joseph Benavidez that fans began to express their interest in seeing the UFC flyweight champion climb back up to 135 pounds. Link
- Struggling UFC Heavyweight Pat Barry Teases Drop To 205 87
Struggling UFC heavyweight hurter, Pat Barry, may finally be making that drop to light heavyweight. Link
- Alptekin Ozkilic welcomes flyweight Louis Smolka to octagon at UFC Fight Night 35
A flyweight matchup between “The Turkish Delight,” Alptekin Ozkilic, and “Da Last Samurai,” Louis Smolka, is the latest addition to next month’s UFC Fight Night 35 event. Link
- Former Bellator Champ Ben Askren Contemplated Retirement Before Signing with ONE FC
Undefeated former Bellator champion Ben Askren says that he "definitely thought about" retirement before signing a lucrative two-year, six-fight contract with One FC. Link
- Vitor Belfort wants to challenge Weidman-Silva winner after UFC 168
Saturday night’s UFC 168 event features one of the most anticipated title fights in UFC history, but one man sitting cageside in Las Vegas will be watching more intently than just about anyone else:...
- UFC plans to match Barnett-Browne winner at UFC 168 with Werdum
UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez‘s injury layoff will create a title eliminator fight for next year. Link.
- Glory ratings continue to rise: Glory 13 draws 659,000 rating, up 38% from Glory 12
Ratings are in for Glory 13, and once again, it is good news as the company sees a 38% increase in viewership from their last event on Spike. Get all the details right here. Link
- Brock Lesnar returning to the UFC?
LAS VEGAS – With the biggest fight of the year going down on Saturday night at UFC 168, one of the UFC’s biggest draws might be cageside to view it. This week there were rumors that heavyweight...
- UFC 168 Sold Out for Second Biggest United States Gate in UFC History
The rematch between UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva was expected to be one of the biggest mixed martial arts fights of the year, and UFC president Dana White revealed on...
- Anderson Silva says there's a 'great chance' he retires after Saturday night
Anderson Silva talks about whether Saturday night's rematch against Chris Weidman could be his last fight, whether he feels pressure going into the fight, why he isn't sporting Nike for this fight,...
- Dana White says Cat Zingano is still the number one contender for Rousey vs. Tate winner
Who is the next title challenger for the winner of Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate? Dana White says it's still Cat Zingano. Link
- Dana White on Bigfoot Silva’s Elevated Level of Testosterone: “It Destroyed Everything”
Dana White talked to the press about his disappointment in finding out that Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva tested positive after Silva and Mark Hunt‘s UFC Brisbane Fight of the Night performance. White said...
- Anderson Silva suggests in-cage antics will remain: ‘I always have to be me’
LAS VEGAS – In victory and defeat, former UFC middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva remains a mystery. Link
- UFC 168 weigh-ins - Silva/Weidman, Rousey/Tate on weight
Link Chris Weidman now takes his turn as the hunted. Weidman checked in at 184 pounds, as he prepares to defend the Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight crown against former champion Anderson...
- K-1 MAX Grand Prix Quarterfinals live stream and results this Saturday morning
This Saturday morning, K-1 presents the first half of the K-1 World MAX Grand Prix quarterfinals, live from Foshan, China. The card, which features Buakaw among others, is available as a live stream....
- UFC 169 lineup set, lightweights Green and Trujillo open PPV
The lineup is set for February’s “UFC 169: Cruz vs. Barao” event. Twelve bouts are slated for the show, which takes place Super Bowl weekend. LINK
- World Series of Fighting planning first event in Brazil for 2014
World Series of Fighting is heading down to Brazil. WSOF already has five events planned for the first half of 2014, and the promotion had added Brazil to the list of future shows. WSOF’s executive...
- Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Travis Browne take honors
Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate wins Fight of the Night honors with Rousey also taking home Submission of the Night while Travis Browne wins Knockout of the Night for UFC 168. Link
- Silva to undergo immediate surgery for broken leg
Anderson Silva is to undergo surgery immediately after breaking his leg against Chris Weidman at UFC 168. Link
- UFC Fight Pass Launches with Over 150 Live Fights Expected in 2014; Free Two-Month Trial
The Ultimate Fighting Championship organization on Saturday announced the launch of UFC Fight Pass, the new digital subscription service, which is a must-have for mixed martial arts fans. Link
- Ronda Rousey to Make a Quick Return, Headlines UFC 170 Against Sara McMann
UFC president Dana White made that announcement at the UFC 168 post-fight press conference on Saturday night, surprising many, as he doesn’t usually announce fights that quickly. And it does make for...
- Roy Jones Jr. now interested in boxing Nick Diaz
The former boxing champion, who attended UFC 168 in Las Vegas Saturday night, told MMAFighting.com that his top choice has always been to box Silva but now that that's off the table, he's very...
- Dustin Poirier says Diego Brandao threatened to stab him in the neck
Dustin Poirier wasn't happy with Diego Brandao for missing weight by a whopping seven pounds Friday for their planned featherweight fight at UFC 168 on Saturday night. But he was really steamed by...
- Dana White on UFC 168’s Bobby Voelker: ‘He’s 0-3, and he’s not going anywhere’
Bobby Voelker hasn’t won a fight in 27 months, and he’s winless in three UFC tries. But for now, his job is secure. At Saturday’s UFC 168 event, Voelker (24-11 MMA, 0-3 UFC) fought through a leaky...
- Set your alarm clocks for this week’s UFC Fight Night 34 event on UFC Fight Pass
If you’re planning to watch this weekend’s UFC Fight Night 34 event – the debut show on the UFC’s new digital network – and you’re located in North America, be sure to set your alarm clocks. Link
- Brock Lesnar did not attend UFC 168
Despite some media hype about UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar possibly attending UFC 168 on the weekend, the current WWE superstar was nowhere to be seen. Link
- Bob Sapp Defeats Fedor Emelianenko In Japan
Upset! Bob Sapp has defeated Fedor Emelianenko in Japan en route to a championship win at the 17-man celebrity arm wrestling tournament in "The Land of the Rising Sun," one that also included Kevin...