- Diego Sanchez vs. Myles Jury set for UFC 171
Diego Sanchez is staying in Texas for his next fight, and it will be against undefeated TUF 15 Lightweight Myles Jury. We're only a couple of months removed from Diego Sanchez's memorable thriller...
- After KO win in debut, Alex Garcia meets Sean Spencer at UFC 171 in Dallas
Right after an impressive win in his UFC debut, Alex Garcia has been booked for his next test – and once again, he’ll be going into an opponent’s backyard. Link
- Cage Warriors 61 has two more fights scrapped, show goes on with eight bouts
It seems that Cage Warriors 61 has been ill-fated almost from the start. Link
- Shane del Rosario’s family to donate his organs and set up foundation for disadvantaged children in his name
Shane del Rosario's family will make sure his legacy lives on as they have announced plans to create a foundation in his name to help disadvantaged children, something that was very dear to Shane's...
- UFC on FOX 9's Mac Danzig forgoes sponsors in must-win fight against Joe Lauzon
Mac Danzig will be fighting in front of a bigger audience when he meets Joe Lauzon on the main card of UFC on FOX 9. He won’t, however, reap the immediate financial rewards of a bigger platform. Link
- Al Iaquinta meets unbeaten newcomer Kevin Lee at UFC 169 in Newark
A lightweight matchup between an unbeaten prospect and a New Yorker is on tap for the UFC’s return to New Jersey for UFC 169. Link
- UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum willing to wait for Cain Velasquez
With Cain Velasquez recovering from shoulder surgery, top contender Fabricio Werdum has a big decision to make. Link
- Dana White: Fabricio Werdum will fight winner of UFC 168 bout Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
While Werdum is saying he'll wait for the Heavyweight champ, the UFC president says he has other plans. Link.
- Chad Mendes, Nik Lentz clash ahead of UFC on FOX 9
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The betting public doesn’t seem to think Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz is a very competitive fight. Lentz doesn’t feel the same, and at Thursday’s pre-UFC on FOX 9 press conference,...
- Dana White and Georges St-Pierre to hold special conference call Friday at 2:20 ET
Thursday evening the UFC announced that there will be an impromptu conference call regarding the future of the Welterweight champ on Friday. Link
- Vitor Belfort gets the winner of Weidman vs. Silva II
There is plenty on the line when Anderson Silva faces Chris Weidman in the main event of UFC 168. Link
- Miriam Nakamoto confirms ACL tear
Invicta FC bantamweight Miriam Nakamoto suffered an ACL tear in her recent bout at Invicta FC 7. This is the second ACL injury she has suffered. Link
- UFC signs Russian lightweight prospect Rashid Magomedov
Another Russian prospect is coming to the UFC. The promotion has signed M-1 Global welterweight champion Rashid Magomedov (15-1), his manager Sam Kardan of Red Fury Fight Team and MVC Management...
- Watch today’s Cage Warriors 61 live on MMAjunkie at 1 p.m. ET
You can watch a live and free video stream of today’s Cage Warriors 61 main card here on MMAjunkie at cagewarriors.mmajunkie.com beginning at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT (9 p.m. AST local time). Link
- Surging Cub Swanson Wants A Crack At Conor McGregor – UFC Brass Says It’s “Unlikely”
Cub Swanson used to be just another brawler. Seemingly cut from the same cloth as Lenard Garcia, both fighters were known for always being ready for a scrap… ready to throw down in the middle of that...
- Chael Sonnen offers Anderson Silva chance to coach on TUF: Brazil 3 against Wanderlei Silva
Only a few weeks before filming, Sonnen has reached out to the former Middleweight king to help him coach his TUF: Brazil 3 team. Link
- EA Sports UFC Live Video Game Cover Vote Reveal
EA Sports UFC video game cover LIVE reveal featuring UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones, top 205-pound contender Alexander Gustafsson and UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre today...
- Georges St-Pierre to drop title, take indefinite leave from MMA
A report from a French Canadian site states that UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre will be relinquishing his title and taking an indefinite leave from MMA. Link
- Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler meet at UFC 171 for GSP’s vacant title
Either Johny Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) or Robbie Lawler (22-9 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will win the belt today vacated by UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC). Link
- UFC on FOX 9 weigh-in results: Johnson, Benavidez official for flyweight title fight
MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC on FOX 9 fighter weigh-ins, where all 22 competitors successfully made weight for Saturday’s card. Link
- Alexander Gustafsson wins vote for ‘EA Sports UFC’ video-game cover
Recent UFC light-heavyweight title challenger Alexander Gustafsson has defeated welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre to earn a spot on the upcoming “EA Sports UFC” video game, officials today...
- Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira title fight moved to UFC 172
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (19-1 MMA, 13-1 UFC) and challenger Glover Teixeira (22-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) can’t seem to hold on to a fight date. Link
- Cage Warriors 61 results: James Brum grinds out Marat Pekov in main event
James Brum made the best of a bad situation on Friday. Link
- George St-Pierre sacrificed belt to breathe easy again
Georges St-Pierre is at least temporarily walking away from the fight game, and just exactly where he’s going nobody truly knows. St-Pierre came to the idea well before his narrow victory over Johny...
- UFC 171: Johny Hendricks opens as betting favorite against Robbie Lawler
The welterweight title fight between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler already has an early line that favors the recently defeated title challenger. Link
- Georges St. Pierre wasn't wanted at UFC 167 post-fight presser, never went to hospital
After a media call was announced from Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to make sure it was the source to break Georges St. Pierre's quasi-retirement plans, "Rush" then answered a few questions...
- Miesha Tate and ‘Cyborg’ may unite ahead of Ronda Rousey bout
Although the holidays and travel schedules may nix the plans, Miesha Tate is hoping to work with “Cyborg,” aka Cristiane Justino, ahead of her rematch with UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda...
- UFC signs Tony Martin and Pawel Pawlak
MOAR FIGHTERS!!! The UFC has dipped the signing bucket back in to international waters and pulled out another bevy of new fighters. Link
- With Matt Brown ruled out, Tyron Woodley wants Carlos Condit at UFC 171
UFC President Dana White expects Carlos Condit to fight at UFC 171, most likely in a No. 1 contender’s bout, and Matt Brown has been ruled out of a possible opponent. As a result, Tyron Woodley sees...
- Legacy FC signs Cosmo Alexandre, will allow kickboxing bouts
After a six-fight run in Bellator MMA, including consecutive wins in his five most recent bouts, Cosmo Alexandre has signed with Legacy FC. Link
- UFC welterweight Jake Ellenberger says he wants to rematch Carlos Condit
Welterweight contender Jake Ellenberger wants another crack at Carlos Condit, this time with a full training camp. Link
- UFC on FOX 9 bonuses: Johnson, Faber, Barboza, Castillo win $50,000
SACRAMENTO – Demetrious Johnson, Urijah Faber, Edson Barboza and Danny Castillo each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 9 event. Johnson earned the “Knockout of...
- Dana White 'very, very embarrassed' by Cody McKenzie's fight attire
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- When Cody McKenzie showed up for his UFC on FOX 9 fight against Sam Stout wearing basketball shorts, his boss was not amused. But while Dana White wasn't happy with McKenzie's...
- Dana White: Nick Diaz turned down rematch with Carlos Condit for UFC 171
With Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler booked for a shot at the UFC’s newly vacated welterweight title, UFC President Dana White on Saturday said he thought he had another high-profile fight booked...
- Once a critic, Dana White now a fan of veteran ref John McCarthy
There was a time when UFC President Dana White and John McCarthy weren’t on each other’s Christmas lists, to put it nicely. Link
- UFC 168 PPV Price Increase is a One-Time Deal
Not to worry, fiscally concerned MMA fan. The price hike for UFC 168 is a one-time deal. Link.
- UFC signs TUF 17 contestant Andy Enz
The UFC has picked up another man for the roster and this time it's not a lightweight or a welterweight. It's former Ultimate Fighter contestant Andy Enz. Link
- MMA fighter Joe Camacho Dies
Link Kind of crazy, but this is going to start happening as our sports fighter's age. Not that 43 is a reasonable age for a heart attack mind you. Guy was a true journeyman of the sport. Launched...
- John Lineker vs. Ali Bagautinov targeted for UFC 169
The UFC is looking for title challengers in the Flyweight division after Demetrious Johnson destroyed Joseph Benavidez last Saturday, and the winner of this reported fight is probably next in line to...
- UFC’s Mexico debut delayed until champ Cain Velasquez is healthy
UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez recently underwent surgery that will not only push back his next fight, but also the UFC’s expansion efforts in Mexico. Prior to Velasquez (13-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC)...
- White: No interim UFC belts when champ’s recovery timetable is set
Earlier this year, No. 1 UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum chose to wait for champion Cain Velasquez rather than accept another fight and potentially lose his spot in line. Link
- TUF 19 cast revealed
Here's the complete cast for season 19 of the Ultimate Fighter, which should be on the air sometime this spring. Link
- Due To Low Ratings UFC Pulls ‘Primetime’ Series
The Ultimate Fighting Championship has seen its share of ratings struggles in 2013. Link
- Doug Marshall positive for banned substance, suspended by Pennsylvania commission
Bellator MMA middleweight Doug Marshall (18-7 MMA, 4-1 BMMA) failed a post-fight drug test following a knockout loss to champ Alexander Shlemenko (49-7 MMA, 10-1 BMMA) at this past month’s Bellator...
- Julie Kedzie named matchmaker for Invicta Fighting Championship
Julie Kedzie didn’t wait long to figure out what she would do in retirement. The women’s MMA pioneer has her new gig. Link
- Dana White confident Georges St-Pierre will return after 'one or two' UFC welterweight title fights
During an impromptu conference call last week, Georges St-Pierre made the official decision to take a break from mixed martial arts (MMA) and vacate his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)...
- UFC vet Riki Fukuda to headline Road FC's first monthly league event on January
Korea's top promotion Road FC has big things planned for the Asian MMA scene. They've announced monthly 'league' events, and the first one will be headlined by UFC veteran Riki Fukuda on January....
- UFC on Fox 9 milestones and footnotes
Excluding TUF Finales, UFC on Fox 9 was the first event in UFC history to feature zero fights above 170 pounds. It also came precariously close to matching UFC 161 (9 decisions, 2 finishes) for the...
- Signal to Noise: UFC on FOX 9's best and worst
Saturday's UFC on Fox 9 offered fight fans much to love. There were excellent fights, superb finishes by respected veterans, the showing of a dominant champion and much more. Yet, there was also a...
- UFC on Fox 9 Medical Suspensions: Urijah Faber Heads Trio of Possible Six-Month Suspensions
UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson retained his title on Saturday night at UFC on Fox 9: Johnson vs. Benavidez II, wielding the power that many thought a 125-pound man didn’t have in his...