- Former UFC Lightweight Champ Frankie Edgar Earns a New Belt
Although he lost his UFC lightweight belt, Frankie Edgar has earned a new one. Link
- The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale drug testing results announced
All 20 fighters were drug tested at The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale this past month. Link
- The BANG Effect: A Statistical Look at 2013's Most Improved MMA Team - DATABOMB
An unlikely new coaching star, Duane “Bang” Ludwig has surged to the forefront of the competitive MMA coaching landscape after a fortuitous change of scenery. Ludwig is the obvious candidate for...
- Shane Del Rosario Passes Away Following Nearly Two-Week Battle
After nearly two-weeks of hospitalization UFC heavyweight fighter and former kickboxing world champion, Shane Del Rosario has passed away. Link
- Anthony Hamilton to Defend Heavyweight Title Against Darrill Schoonover at MFC 39
Recently crowned Maximum Fighting Championship heavyweight ruler Anthony Hamilton will attempt to add to his five-fight winning streak when he defends his belt against Darrill Schoonover at MFC 39....
- Ben Askren lands two-year, six-fight contract with ONE FC, blames 'immature' Dana White for not signing with UFC
Ben Askren wanted to sign with UFC, but Dana White's "immaturity" and beef with Bjorn Rebney prevented that from happening, which ultimately sent "Funky" to fight in Asia. Link
- Rodrigo Damm vs. Ivan Jorge added to UFC Fight Night 36 in Brazil
There will be a Damm-Batman sighting in Brazil in February. Brazilians Rodrigo Damm (11-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Ivan Jorge (25-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC), better known as “Batman,” have been booked for a...
- Danny Mitchell vs. Igor Araujo slated for UFC Fight Night card in England
England’s own Danny Mitchell is set to make his UFC debut in 2014. Five years after his professional MMA debut, Mitchell has signed a deal with the UFC and is set to enter the Octagon for the first...
- Card finalized for Saturday’s BAMMA 14 in England with Paul Daley headlining
The card is complete for Saturday’s BAMMA 14 show in England. Link
- Keoni Koch meets Brian Ortega for featherweight title at RFA 12
Resurrection Fighting Alliance will crown its first featherweight champion next month in Los Angeles. Link
- Nick Ring suffered knee injury in second round
Nick Ring details the knee injury he suffered in the second round of his UFC Fight Night 33 bout with Caio Magalhaes. Link
- UFC Fight Night 36 will feature the return of Erick Silva against Nate Loughran
UFC Fight Night 36 will feature the return of Erick Silva against Nate Loughran in Jaragua do Sul on Feb. 15. Silva (14-4, 1 no-contest), who has fought five of his six UFC bouts in his native...
- Takedown: The DNA of GSP (Documentay)
Take a look at the human being behind the legend. What separates the merely skilled from the true champion? And the true champion from the living legend? Find the answers in this intimate portrait of...
- MMA community remembers UFC, Strikeforce veteran Shane Del Rosario
Despite tragically passing away at just 30 years old, Shane del Rosario had time to make an impact on those around him, as was evidenced by the outpouring of support following the UFC and Strikeforce...
- Sixth annual Fighters Only World MMA Awards scheduled for Feb. 7 at Las Vegas’ The Venetian Theatre
The Fighters Only World MMA Awards return in February, and for the first time in the history of the annual ceremony, The Venetian Las Vegas plays host. Link
- UFC champ to hold press conference on Friday in Quebec to announce future plans
We only have a few days left of speculation, fight fans, so we might as well go for broke. Is this the end of Georges St-Pierre's mixed martial arts (MMA) career, or a new beginning? Link
- UFC Officials Confirm All UFC Fight Night 30: Machida vs. Munoz Drug Test Results Clean
It has been six weeks since UFC Fight Night 30: Machida vs. Munoz took place at Phones 4u Arena in Manchester, England, but we now know the drug test results for the Oct. 26 event. Link
- Lightweights John Makdessi and Alan Patrick meet at UFC 169 in February
A lightweight matchup between Canadian knockout artist John Makdessi (12-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and undefeated Brazilian prospect Alan Patrick (11-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will take place at UFC 169. Link
- John McCarthy draws main event assignment at UFC on FOX 9
Veteran referee John McCarthy will oversee Saturday’s flyweight title bout between champion Demetrious Johnson (18-2-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC) and Joseph Benavidez (19-3 MMA, 6-1 UFC) at UFC on FOX 9. Link
- UFC Fight Night 33 ratings down from TUF 18 Finale
The recent UFC Fight Night 33 event drew average ratings, but they were well down from the last event. Link
- Legacy FC signs UFC vet Aaron Rosa, targets Paul Buentello matchup
Big-show vet Aaron Rosa, a recent UFC competitor, has signed with Legacy FC and has already been targeted for a matchup with another familiar name. Link
- Brad Pickett heads to flyweight, meets Ian McCall at UFC European Tour in London
Former bantamweight contender Brad Pickett (23-8 MMA, 3-3 UFC) is headed to flyweight for an early 2014 meeting with Ian McCall (12-4-1 MMA, 1-2-1 UFC). Link
- UFC European Tour in London adds Gunnar Nelson-Omari Akhmedov
March’s UFC European Tour in London event has two new additions, including the long-awaited return of unbeaten Gunnar Nelson. Link
- Holly Holm wants 'six figures' to fight with Ronda Rousey
Holly Holm's manager and promoter Lenny Fresquez stood up with Sherdog, and discussed what their team wants with the UFC. Holm, 32, is wildy popular in her home state of New Mexico, and has won...
- Ryan Bader to Undergo Surgery on Friday for Broken Hand
UFC light heavyweight Ryan Bader will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a broken right hand suffered in his UFC Fight Night 33 unanimous decision win over Anthony Perosh. Link
- Junior dos Santos: Travis Browne or Josh Barnett UFC fight possibly up next
Junior dos Santos won't have a shortage of potential opponents once he returns to the Octagon; however, "Cigano" has a feeling he'll next fight either Travis Browne or Josh Barnett, the two men who...
- T.J. Waldburger vs. Mike Pyle joins UFC 170 lineup
After a four-fight winning streak came to an end at the hands of surging contender Matt Brown, Mike Pyle looks to get back on track at UFC 170. Link
- Dana says GSP presser is 'just a mall opening'
UFC president Dana White says that Georges St-Pierre's much hyped press event this Friday is nothing but a mall opening although he admits GSP "might have something to say." Link
- Duane Ludwig predicts a clean sweep for four Team Alpha Male fighters at UFC on Fox 9
Team Alpha Male head coach, Duane 'Bang' Ludwig predicts wins for Danny Castillo, Chad Mendes, Urijah Faber and UFC gold for Joseph Benavidez at UFC on Fox 9 on Saturday. Link
- Myles Jury Promoted to BJJ Black Belt
Unbeaten as a pro, a stint that includes four UFC victories, top lightweight prospect Myles Jury added another accolade to his trophy case when he was awarded his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt....
- WSOF 9 Headed to San Jose in March, David Branch vs. Jesse Taylor Likely to Headline
The World Series of Fighting organization is planning to head to San Jose, California this Spring according to President Ray Sefo following Vancouver’s WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Lance Palmer...
- UFC Headed to Quebec City for April 16 Event
Quebec City, Quebec will be the latest city in Canada to hold a UFC event as it will host The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale on April 16, 2014, according to a UFC source. The Quebec capital will...
- Paul Walker awarded BJJ black belt
Paul Walker, star of The Fast and The Furious, who died recently, was posthumously awarded his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In addition to his acting credits and charity work, Walker was an...
- Holly Holm discusses UFC, contract demands and Ronda Rousey
Former boxing champ and undefeated MMA fighter Holly Holm won’t consider her cage career a failure if she doesn’t make it to the UFC. Link.
- UFC scoops up another three fighters, including prospects Tumenov and Lee
The UFC is scooping up more Russians, including the highly touted prospect Albert Tumenov. They've also grabbed one of the top lightweight prospects on the American scene in Kevin Lee. Link
- White: No Hunt/Bigfoot immediate rematch 75
According to UFC president Dana White, you won't be seeing a rematch of the epic UFC Fight Night 33 main event anytime soon. Link
- Cain recovering from shoulder surgery
The Baddest Man on the Planet is flat on his back today recovering from surgery to repair an injured shoulder. Link
- Legacy FC owner Mick Maynard ‘happy and proud’ to groom UFC talent – for now
Legacy FC owner Mick Maynard is all about opening doors for his fighters. If the UFC happens to be on the other side of one of them, then Maynard will encourage people to step through, even if it...
- Endocrinologist: Chael Sonnen’s initial diagnosis of hypogonadism not definitive
Just prior to his rematch with now-former middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen dramatically declared that he needed to undergo testosterone-replacement therapy, or he would die. Link
- Friday’s Cage Warriors 61 event loses headliner, will get a new one
Friday’s Cage Warriors 61 event has lost its main event just days before the event. Link
- Ryan Bader on broken hand, 10-8 rounds, and desire to fight ‘Shogun’ or Davis
On Friday, Ryan Bader will undergo surgery to repair a broken hand he suffered in a dominant decision victory over Anthony Perosh at UFC Fight Night 33. Link
- UFC Signs 11 Invicta Strawweights for ‘TUF 20’ Title Tournament Next Year
The Ultimate Fighting Championship has acquired 11 of the world’s best strawweights, whom the organization will showcase during the 20th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” to crown an inaugural...
- ROAD FC champion Nam Yui Chul signs with UFC
After initially declining to sign with the UFC it seems Nam Yui Chul has had a change of heart. Link
- No cheeseburgers or pizza, but Scott Jorgensen says weight cut’s been ‘easy’
Scott Jorgensen‘s move from bantamweight down to flyweight has been pretty easy. Then again, when you make weight at 135 pounds despite sneaking cheeseburgers into your diet, 125 pounds isn’t too...
- Mark Hunt doesn’t mind drawing with ‘Bigfoot,’ but sees no need for rematch
As he lay on his back getting pummeled by Antonio Silva’s enormous fists near the end of the fourth round of the UFC Fight Night 33 main event, Mark Hunt had one very clear thought running through...
- Joe Martinez to handle UFC Fight Night 34 ring announcing duties in place of Bruce Buffer
Former WEC ring announcer Joe Martinez will make his 2nd appearance in the UFC early next year. Link
- UFC wants Fabricio Werdum to face Travis Browne or Josh Barnett
With his title shot against UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez on hold, the UFC wants No. 2 ranked Fabricio Werdum to face the winner of UFC 168's fight between Travis Browne and Josh Barnett....
- Sanchez Extends UFC Contract, Wants Lauzon Next
Not only did Diego Sanchez earn "Fight of the Night" honors for his role in the Lightweight classic between himself and Gilbert Melendez at UFC 166, but according to a report from "UFC Tonight"...
- TUF 20: New UFC strawweight fighters getting paid up to $40k prior to Octagon debut
By now, most mixed martial arts (MMA) fans have heard of the newest weight class in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). A women's strawweight division has been created with the acquisition of 11...
- Jacare Souza: 'I have the style to beat anyone, including UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman'
"I have the perfect style to beat anyone, including Chris Weidman. Many people don't believe in my potential yet, but that's how I like it. I still have much to prove, I've fought only twice in the...