- UFC jacks up pay-per-view (PPV) price for UFC 168: 'Weidman vs. Silva 2'
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is set to raise its pay-per-view (PPV) price by $5 for this month's UFC 168 event. Link
- Sefo: Nick Newell among potential ‘JZ’ replacements for WSOF 8 lightweight title fight
VANCOUVER – With a spot open in the inaugural World Series of Fighting lightweight title bout next month, the stakes of Saturday’s WSOF 7 fight against Sabah Fadai (7-2) just dramatically increased...
- Lewis Gonzalez in for ‘JZ,’ meets Justin Gaethje for lightweight title at WSOF 8
World Series of Fighting will crown its inaugural lightweight champion at WSOF 8 on Jan. 18, and after a brief switch of opponents, Justin Gaethje (10-0) will take on Lewis Gonzalez (9-0) for the...
- UFC Fight Night 33 weigh-in results: Hunt, Silva official for heavyweight main event
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 9 p.m. ET) -Mark Hunt (262) vs. Antonio Silva (264) -Mauricio Rua (205) vs. James Te Huna (205) -Ryan Bader (205) vs. Anthony Perosh (204) -Pat Barry (237) vs. Soa Palelei...
- World Series of Fighting Canada Signs Top Welterweight Ryan Ford
The World Series of Fighting continues its expansion into Canada with the signing of Ryan Ford. Considered one of the top Canadian welterweights, Ford (21-4) signed a multi-fight deal with WSOF...
- Bantamweight newcomers Russell Doane, Leandro Issa meet at UFC Fight Night 34
A pair of bantamweights have been signed to make their promotional debuts next month at the UFC’s first event in Singapore. Link
- Ulysses Gomez hospitalized while cutting weight, Cage Warriors 62 headliner off
Saturday’s Cage Warriors 62 headliner has been called off after title challenger and UFC vet Ulysses Gomez collapsed and was taken to a hospital while trying to cut weight for the fight. Link
- John Dodson: Partial MCL and ACL tears will keep him out of action eight to 10 weeks
No. 2 ranked UFC flyweight contender John Dodson does not expect knee injury to keep him out long term. Link
- World Series of Fighting 7 Weigh-in Streaming at 5:30 p.m. ET on MMAWeekly.com
Watch the World Series of Fighting 7 weigh-ins LIVE on Friday at 5:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. PT on MMAWeekly.com. Link
- Watch the Invicta FC 7 Weigh-ins Live at 6 PM ET on MMAWeekly.com
Watch the Invicta FC 7: Honchak vs. Smith official weigh-ins, live from Kansas City on Friday, December 6, at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on MMAWeekly.com. Link
- Fabricio Werdum to train with Steve Mocco at American Top Team (ATT) for Cain Velasquez title fight
But will be enough to dethrone the current UFC heavyweight champion? Link
- Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier slated for UFC 170 headliner in Las Vegas
Daniel Cormier will make his light-heavyweight debut against former champion Rashad Evans as the headliner of UFC 170. Link
- WSOF 7 weigh-in results: Karakhanyan, Palmer on mark for 145-pound title fight
The WSOF 7 fighter weigh-ins are in the books, and all 18 competitors on Saturday’s card hit their marks. Link
- UFC’s Ronda Rousey named to Time’s list of ’30 People Under 30 Changing the World’
Chalk up another one for the ol’ resume for Ronda Rousey. Link
- UFC on FOX 9 lineup set with 12 bouts, main card official with four fights
The four-fight main card for next week’s UFC on FOX 9 event is official, and the full card is set with 12 bouts. Link
- Rory MacDonald meets Demian Maia in welterweight bout at UFC 170 in February
Just a couple hours after booking the main event for UFC 170, the promotion has another big fight on tap for the card. Link
- Elias Silverio meets Isaac Vallie-Flagg at UFC Fight Night 35 in Georgia
The UFC’s return to the Peach State is one step closer to complete with the addition of a lightweight fight to the card. Link
- Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva ‘TUF: Brazil 3' coaches fight will be at light heavyweight
When Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva meet following their coaching stint on “TUF: Brazil 3,” it will be at light heavyweight. Link
- Invicta FC 7 Weigh-in Results: All Three Title Fights Get the Green Light
All three title fights got the green light on Friday at the Invicta FC 7: Honchak vs. Smith weigh-ins. Link
- UFC Fight Night 33 bonuses: Rua, Silva and Hunt pick up $50,000 awards
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Friday’s UFC Fight Night 33 event. Link
- Eight fighters transported to hospital following UFC Fight Night 33
If you attended the post-event press conference for UFC Fight Night 33, you might have noticed the dais was a little light on fighters. Link
- Watch tonight’s WSOF 7 event live on MMAjunkie at 6 p.m. ET
VANCOUVER – World Series of Fighting returns tonight for WSOF 7 from PNE Agrodome in Vancouver. Link
- Watch today’s Cage Warriors 62 live on MMAjunkie at 4 p.m. ET
You can watch a live and free video stream of today’s Cage Warriors 62 main card here on MMAjunkie at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT (9 p.m. BST local time). Link
- ‘Shogun’ Rua won’t immediately drop to 185, but doesn’t rule out future trip
As soon as the number 205 was spoken, ex-champ Mauricio Rua smiled. Link
- Mateusz Strzelczyk fails medicals, today’s Cage Warriors 62 bout with Danny Roberts off
The card-shuffling for today’s Cage Warriors 62 has continued, just hours before the event. Link
- Holly Holm Decisions Angela Hayes at Fresquez Productions ‘Havoc,’ Improves to 6-0
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- For the first time in her brief mixed martial arts career, Holly Holm saw the judges’ scorecards in a fight. Judging by the results, she liked the deeper waters just fine. Link
- Eduardo Dantas vs. Rafael Silva title fight set for March 7
Bellator's bantamweight champion has a date to return to the cage. Eduardo Dantas, whose last title defense took place on February against teammate Marcos Galvao, is set to defend his title against...
- Illness knocks Claudia Gadelha from tonight’s Invicta FC 7 strawweight title fight
Something must be in the MMA air lately. Invicta Fighting Championships is the latest promotion to suffer a title-fight loss within hours of the card. Link
- Jared Rosholt meets newcomer Oleksiy Oliynyk at UFC on FOX 10 in Chicago
Just a week after winning his UFC debut, Jared Rosholt has his next assignment. Rosholt (9-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will meet newly signed Russian Oleksiy Oliynyk (48-9-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in a heavyweight bout...
- Silva-St. Preux, McDaniel-Troeng booked for UFC 171 in Dallas
A pair of fights has been booked for the UFC’s March return to Dallas, including one that is a rescheduling. H Link
- Report: Matt Brown injured, elects to withdraw from UFC on Fox 9 fight
Reports are coming out that The Immortal has suffered a training injury and won't be able to face Carlos Condit next week. Link.
- Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig Moved to Main Card as Part of UFC on Fox 9 Fight Card Shuffle
After Matt Brown was forced to withdraw from next week’s UFC on Fox 9 bout with Carlos Condit due to suffering two herniated discs in his lower back, that fight was cancelled and a preliminary bout...
- UFC Light Heavyweight Ryan Bader Donates $10,000 to Benefit Families of Navy SEALs
Prior to his dominant victory over Anthony Perosh last night at UFC Fight Night 33, light heavyweight Ryan Bader decided to give back to members of the United States military. Link
- Cage Warriors 62 results: UFC vet Curt Warburton taps out Murch in 49 seconds
If UFC veteran Curt Warburton was looking to send a message to the lightweights in his new home at Cage Warriors Fighting Championship, he might have done it. Link
- WSOF 7 results: Georgi Karakhanyan submits Lance Palmer for inaugural featherweight title
MAIN CARD -Georgi Karakhanyan def. Lance Palmer via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 4:40 -Jesse Taylor def. Elvis Mutapcic via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) -Nick Newell def....
- Georgi Karakhanyan ‘really close’ to quitting after Lance Palmer eye-poke at WSOF 7
A first-round eye poke nearly prevented Georgi Karakhanyan from competing in a fight that would eventually crown him World Series of Fighting’s inaugural featherweight champion. Link
- White: Silva motivated for Weidman, but UFC will ‘talk about’ Roy Jones Jr. fight
The questions started immediately after Anderson Silva was knocked out by Chris Weidman in July. The longtime champ and pound-for-pound king had barely hit the canvas when critics were dogging him...
- Six years after near-fatal crash, Will Ribeiro finds peace with MMA judging and coaching
Will Ribeiro was a bantamweight prospect back in 2008, but his MMA career was prematurely stopped days after his second fight at World Extreme Cagefighting. Six years later, he still battles to live...
- Jake Shields vs. Hector Lombard Added to UFC 171
A welterweight bout between Hector Lombard and Jakes Shields has been added to the UFC 171 card in Dallas. Link
- ‘TUF 15' alums Daron Cruickshank, Mike Rio meet at UFC on FOX 10 in Chicago
The UFC’s January dance card in Chicago continues to fill up with the addition of the show’s 11th fight – a battle of alums from Season 15 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” Link
- Knapp Wants TV Deal Following Invicta 7
For the second time in its seven-event history, Invicta FC had a night filled with technical difficulties. Promotion president Shannon Knapp was a guest on MMAmania's "Darce Side Radio" podcast this...
- Dana White: UFC Fight Night 33 headliner Mark Hunt broke hand in two places
Just when you thought there were no more superlatives to throw out there for Saturday’s crazy five-round bloodbath between Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva, the fight that has fans already lauding it as...
- WSOF’s Sefo critical of Taylor’s style, but title fight with Branch expected for March
While Jesse Taylor punched his ticket into the inaugural World Series of Fighting middleweight championship bout, company President Ray Sefo isn’t particularly impressed with how “JT Money” earned...
- Joe Silva’s Shoes: What’s next for the UFC Fight Night 33 winners?
UFC Fight Night 33 is an event that will be etched in history for quite some time due to the dramatic main event between Mark Hunt (9-8-1 MMA, 4-2-1 UFC) and Antonio Silva (18-5-1 MMA, 2-2-1 UFC)...
- What can be done with MMA scoring?
In the three weeks since UFC 167, things went from irrational to pretty rational when it comes to talking about the judging, and if anything, the recent controversy opened a lot of eyes to the fact...
- Dana White: Sports Innovator of The Year
UFC President Dana White, for all his brash utterances and bullish attitudes as the driving front man of the Ultimate Fighting Championship organisation, is modest when it comes to personal success....
- WSOF aiming for 8-10 events in 2014, two to be broadcast on NBC
With the final WSOF event of the year in the books, take a look at the big plans president Ray Sefo has for the new year. "Next year we're gonna have two shows that are gonna be on the mothership of...
- Fortunes changed for five at UFC Fight Night 33
In the wake of Saturday's (well, Friday in North America) Mark Hunt vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva fight and multiple viewings, there are a lot of thoughts in looking back. Hunt (9-8-1) and Silva...
- UFC 168 card official with 11 bouts, Chris Leben vs. Uriah Hall as featured prelim
The card for the UFC’s year-end show is official, and the full card is set with 11 bouts. Link
- Dana White and Australian sports writer go back and forth
After Phil "Buzz" Rothfield, Sports Editor-At-Large of Australia's Daily Telegraph, watched UFC Fight Night 33 he came away shocked and appalled and wrote an editorial. The reaction of UFC president...