- Kurt Southern vs. Tom Gallicchio Championship Battle to Co-Headline MFC 39
The Maximum Fighting Championship is thrilled to announce two fights including the first of two title matchups that will headline MFC 39: No Remorse taking place on Friday. Link
- Between insults, Conor McGregor calls for Diego Sanchez fight in Ireland
If Diego Sanchez wants a fight with the Irish fighter, Conor McGregor said he’s willing to oblige – on his terms. Link
- Bellator inks former NCAA champ Darrion Caldwell
Bellator MMA has added a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion to its featherweight roster. Link
- Shane del Rosario in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest
UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario is in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest on Tuesday. "Shane had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning," del Rosario's...
- Report: UFC picks up Russian heavyweight Alexey Oleinik
Superkarate.ru reports the UFC has signed longtime Russian heavyweight, Alexey Oleinik. Oleinik, who has bounced a bit between heavyweight and light heavyweight throughout his career, will enter the...
- Ramiro Hernandez meets Hugo Viana at UFC on FOX 10 in Chicago
A bantamweight bout has been added to the UFC’s January return to Chicago. Link
- Andy Ogle meets Charles Oliveira at UFC Fight Night 36 in Brazil
England will take on Brazil in a featherweight matchup when the UFC heads to Brazil in February. A bout between Andy Ogle (9-3 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Charles Oliveira (16-4 MMA, 4-4 UFC) is the latest...
- Julianna Pena vs. Jessica Rakoczy, Roxanne Modafferi vs. Raquel Pennington completes TUF 18 Finale lineup
The 10-bout lineup for Saturday’s TUF 18 Finale now is complete with the official addition of a pair of women’s bantamweight fights. In the women’s tournament final, Julianna Pena (4-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC)...
- Cyrille Diabate meets Ilir Latifi when UFC returns to London in March
A pair of European light heavyweights will square off when the UFC returns to London in March. Link
- Jesse Ronson vs. Francisco Trinaldo booked for UFC Fight Night 36 in Brazil
A lightweight scrap between a pair of fighters looking to start new winning streaks has been added to the UFC’s return to Brazil. Link
- Heavyweight Del Rosario dies
Heavyweight Shane Del Rosario has died after suffering sudden cardiac arrest at his home on Tuesday morning. Doctors at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, California, modulated Del...
- Jake Ellenberger injured, confirmed to be out of UFC Fight Night 34 main event
A report out of Brazil states that UFC Fight Night 34 headliner Jake Ellenberger is hurt and might have to withdraw from his bout with Tarec Saffiedine. A further report from MMA Fighting confirms...
- Hyun Gyu Lim replaces injured Jake Ellenberger, meets Tarec Saffiedine at UFC Fight Night 34
The UFC’s first trip to Southeast Asia will feature a substitute headliner, as Hyun Gyu Lim is replacing an injured Jake Ellenberger. Link
- Julianna Pena, Jessica Rakoczy have UFC history on line at TUF 18 Finale
In the more than eight-year history of “The Ultimate Fighter,” 29 men have earned a six-figure UFC contract as reward for a tournament victory on the reality competition series. On Saturday night, a...
- Luiz Dutra Jr. tapped to face Kunimoto at UFC Fight Night 34
According to a report from Brazil-based MMA site MMA informativo, stepping in to fill Lim's void on the undercard is Luiz Jorge Dutra Jr. Holding an 11-2 record, Dutra was part of TUF Brazil 2 and...
- ‘Shogun’ Rua wants UFC to go back to PRIDE rules, says elbows are worse than soccer kicks
If Mauricio Rua could have one wish this holiday season, it might be for soccer kicks. Not delivered to him, mind you. But delivered from him. If he had his way, he and all the rest of his UFC...
- Eric Kelly vs. Jianbo Lu, two title fights headline URCC 24: Uprising
URCC hosts their 24th major MMA event in the Philippines on November 30, and it will be headlined by Eric Kelly vs. Jianbo Lu along with 2 title fights. Link
- Hacran Dias out at UFC Fight Night 34, promotion seeking replacement opponent for Tatsuya Kawajiri
Brazilian featherweight Hacran Dias has suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from a planned UFC Fight Night 34 bout with Tatsuya Kawajiri. Link
- Leandro Issa faces off against Russell Doane in a battle of UFC newcomers
The UFC is stacking the deck for their upcoming Singapore show with promotional newcomers. Link
- The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale Weigh-in Results: Main Event and Finalists All Hit the Mark
Main Card Bouts (on Fox Sports 1) -Gray Maynard (156) vs. Nate Diaz (156) -Julianna Peña (134) vs. Jessica Rakoczy (132)† -Chris Holdsworth (136) vs. Davey Grant (135)†† -Jessamyn Duke (135.5) vs....
- UFC president’s suggestion to Ben Askren? Go to WSOF
Former Bellator MMA welterweight champion Ben Askren may fight in the UFC one of these days, but UFC President Dana White just doesn’t believe it’ll happen soon. Link
- UFC boss hasn’t re-watched GSP-Hendricks, has no post-UFC 167 regrets
LAS VEGAS – According to a recent Quebec Journal report, Dana White not only changed his opinion on the winner of UFC 167's Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks headliner but also apologized to the...
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Has A Few Choice Words To Describe Bellator’s Actions: “Slimy”, “Scummy” And “Dirty”
Bellator and the UFC do not get along. I’m not speaking of the fighters themselves, or even the companies as a whole. I’m speaking of the talking heads of the two companies, UFC President Dana White...
- UFC planning ‘closer to 50' events in 2014 – with new online network
According to UFC President Dana White, the organization plans to host 50 worldwide events next year, and a new online/digital network will be the exclusive way to watch some of them. Although White...
- UFC heavyweight Shane Del Rosario clings to life, possibly with rare heart condition
After collapsing and going into full cardiac arrest, UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario remains in a Newport Beach, Calif. hospital, UFC officials and the fighter’s manager announced on Friday....
- Miesha Tate on ‘TUF 18' and Ronda Rousey: I’m no longer misunderstood
As the 18th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” wraps up tonight, UFC women’s bantamweight contender and “TUF 18? head coach Miesha Tate is already assured the show has served a great purpose. Link
- Mike Florio's gross injury
This is nasty...look if you dare picture
- TUF 18 Finale bonuses: Benoit makes 100k
The UFC's usual performance bonuses were a little different than usual this time as a fighter that lost his bout was awarded 100,000 dollars. Link
- TUF 18 Finale draws reported 4,346 attendance for $322,742.50 live gate
LAS VEGAS – Saturday night’s TUF 18 Finale event drew an announced attendance of 4,346 and a live gate of $322,742.50. Link
- ‘TUF: Nations’ to air Wednesdays on FOX Sports 1, debuts Jan. 15
The upcoming international edition of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series, “TUF: Nations,” will air Wednesdays on FOX Sports 1. Link
- All of The Ultimate Fighter 18 Season Bonuses Go to the Ladies
The Ultimate Fighting Championship revealed The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate $25,000 season bonuses on Saturday following the season’s finale at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Link
- Shane Del Rosario Taken Off Life Support, Shows Signs of Brain Activity
Hospitalized UFC heavyweight Shane Del Rosario showed signs of brain activity and was taken off life support this weekend, according to his teammate and friend Erik Apple. Link
- URCC 24: Eric Kelly gets quick Armbar
Check out full results from URCC 24 last night, including video of the main event bout between Filipino star Eric Kelly and Chinese prospect Jianbo Lu. Link
- Akira Corassani’s nose broken in five places due to illegal knee
Akira Corassani has silenced any doubts that he was truly unable to continue after eating an illegal knee on Saturday at The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale. Link
- Julianna Pena unloads on opposing coach Ronda Rousey after TUF 18 Finale
If you thought winning “The Ultimate Fighter 18? and securing a UFC contract would prompt Julianna Pena to leave some things – like her disdain for Ronda Rousey – in the past, think again. Link
- Following TKO win, Nate Diaz plans to ‘sit on the sidelines until somebody gets injured’
LAS VEGAS – Say this for Nate Diaz: When it comes to the workings of the UFC’s lightweight division, he’s clearly been paying attention. Link
- Dana White gives WSOF brass red carpet treatment
UFC president, Dana White keeping close, friendly relationship with World Series of Fighting, while both organizations are very very critical of Bellator. Link
- Ben Askren joins Evolve MMA
Ben Askren has yet to announce signing with a new promotion, but he has already finalized details to join top Asian team, Evolve MMA. Link
- Visa Issues Force Postponement of Gagnon-Caceres Bout
Visa issues for Canadian bantamweight Mitch Gagnon have caused his UFC Fight Night 33 bout against Alex Caceres to be postponed. Link
- New UFC network to stream UFC Fight Night 34, UFC European Tour in London
The new year will bring a new online distribution platform for the UFC. Officials from the largest MMA promotion soon will announce a new subscription-based digital network. UFC officials confirmed...
- Ronda Rousey doesn’t give a damn about her bad reputation
What happened to Ronda Rousey, the person of multitudes? Before she took the coaching stint on The Ultimate Fighter 18, it felt as though she could literally do no wrong. Rousey was the first women’s...
- Maximo Blanco feels shamed about illegal knee to Akira Corassani, explains back flip
Maximo Blanco apologizes for illegal knee that resulted in his disqualification loss to Akari Corassani at The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale. Link
- Abdel-Aziz says WSOF not a feeder league for UFC
WSOF matchmaker, Ali Abdel-Aziz discusses his distaste for the way Bellator conducts business, why they changed their mind about Palhares and denies being a feeder league for the UFC. Link
- Ben Askren on if he'd be willing to participate in a season of The Ultimate Fighter: 'Not a chance'
Former Bellator champion and current free agent Ben Askren says that he wouldn't be willing to take part in a season of The Ultimate Fighter to gain entry into the UFC. Link
- Conor McGregor willing to go to welterweight to fight Diego Sanchez
Conor McGregor apparently is pretty serious about fighting UFC vet Diego Sanchez. Link
- Rematch between Melvin Guillard and Ross Pearson now official for March 8th in London
Following their no contest at UFC Fight Night 30, lightweights Melvin Guillard and Ross Pearson will have their rematch at the UFC fight card in London on March 8th. Link
- Roxanne Modafferi 'depressed' by fan reaction to her UFC debut
MMA veteran Roxanne Modafferi was thrilled to make her UFC debut at the Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale but depressed when she saw the fan reaction online. Link
- Herb Dean to ref UFC 168's Weidman-Silva II main event, judges assigned
Veteran referee Herb Dean will officiate next month’s UFC 168 headliner and rematch between middleweight champion Chris Weidman (10-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) and Anderson Silva (33-5 MMA, 16-1 UFC). Link
- Rafael Dos Anjos Vs. Rustam Khailov Added To UFC 170
According to a report from MMA Boxing in Russia, lightweight contenders Rafael dos Anjos and Rustham Khabilov will meet at UFC 170 in February. Link
- TUF 18 Finale medical suspensions: Gray Maynard out 60 days
Lightweight headliner Gray Maynard received a 60-day medical suspension following his first-round TKO loss to Nate Diaz at Saturday's TUF 18 Finale, according to information released to...