- World Series of Fighting signs Brian Foster, Benny Madrid, Bryson Hansen
World Series of Fighting has bolstered its roster with the signing of three new fighters. Link
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares added to UFC Fight Night 35 in Georgia
A middleweight matchup between rugged scrappers Lorenz Larkin (14-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Brad Tavares (11-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) has been added to UFC Fight Night 35. Link
- Askren To Meet With UFC Brass On Monday
Ben Askren may still sign with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). 'Funky' has a meeting with Lorenzo Fertitta at UFC headquarters on Monday to see if a deal can be reached to bring the...
- Bruno Carvalho vs. Matt Inman headlines Cage Warriors 61 in Baghdad
Cage Warriors Fighting Championship’s first event in Iraq has taken solid form with the addition of several fights. Link
- Donald Cerrone meets Adriano Martins at UFC on FOX 10 in Chicago
The UFC’s two most recent “Submission of the Night” winners have been booked to face each other in January. Fresh off his win a week ago against Evan Dunham, Donald Cerrone (21-6 MMA, 8-3 UFC) will...
- Coach: Dana White apologized to Georges-St. Pierre after UFC 167, saying after rewatch he thought the champ won
The past week has been filled with speculation about the future of GSP along with criticism of White for his tirade against the champ at the post-fight presser. According to Georges' coach, White has...
- Next Fight Will Be The Last For Rich Franklin
It's been a year since Rich Franklin last stood in the Octagon. A former Ultimate FIghting Championship (UFC) Middleweight champion, Franklin has always been one of the most well-rounded fighters on...
- GSP mentor : if he doesn't retire, i will no longer be in his corner
Canadian MMA pioneer Kristof Midoux took Georges St-Pierre under his wing when the UFC welterweight champion was only 16, and has served as a mentor since. Immediately after GSP's split decision...
- Bjorn Rebney considering Daniel Straus-Pat Curran 3 for next Bellator 145 title fight
BETHLEHEM, PA. – Daniel Straus avenged one loss earlier this month, and he’s on track for a shot at avenging another one, as well. But that’s only if Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney doesn’t flip the script...
- John Lineker cut 11 pounds in one week with Dolce Diet
John Lineker could have earned a shot at the flyweight title with his fourth consecutive victory inside the Octagon, but the fact that he missed weight in three of his five UFC fights played against...
- Reza Madadi Calls Out Anton Kuivanen at SC9: “I Got the Belt. Come and Get It!”
We might have a proper Nordic super fight coming up in the near future. Sweden’s top lightweight Reza “Mad Dog” Madadi just stormed the cage at Superior Challenge 9 in Gothenburg and announced that...
- Heath Herring starts fight promotion in Argentina
For the last five years, it’s become increasingly hard to tell Heath Herring from a red herring. The "Texas Crazy Horse" spent a dozen years in the cage facing the full scroll of heavyweight giants...
- UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones details intentions to retire by 30
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was entirely serious when he recently stated his desire to leave the sport of MMA behind by 30 years old. Jones (19-1 MMA, 13-1 UFC), 26, believes he will be...
- Kobold Out, Sarah D’Alelio Faces Tonya Evinger At Invicta FC 7
An injury has forced bantamweight veteran Kelly “Blood Red” Kobold out of her planned fight at Invicta Fighting Championships 7 on December 7th in Kansas City, Missouri. In Kobold’s place, Sarah “The...
- Brandon Thatch taking time off to heal, retool fighting style
It happened quickly, that Brandon Thatch took the UFC’s welterweight division by storm. With first-round stoppage wins in his first two fights with the promotion, including a “Knockout of the Night”...
- Cole Miller's appeal of loss to Manvel Gamburyan at UFC Fight Night 26 is denied
The Massachusetts State Athletic Commission has denied Cole Miller's appeal of his UFC Fight Night 26 loss to Manny Gamburyan. Miller is not pleased. Link
- Belfort: I'll fight for the belt in Brazil
The controversial UFC Middleweight expects to face the winner of UFC 168's Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva title fight rematch in a Brazilian stadium sometime in 2014. Link
- Jon Jones says his division is ‘healthy,’ but targeting Cain Velasquez fight
Of the UFC’s nine current weight classes, the light heavyweight division is arguably the most lacking when it comes to rising prospects and legitimate title contenders. Link
- UFC Fight Night 35 adds Amagov vs. High, Houston vs. Smith, Edwards vs. Nijem
The UFC’s January return to Georgia was given three new fights with welterweights Adlan Amagov vs. Jason High, middleweights Brian Houston vs. Trevor Smith and lightweights Justin Edwards vs. Ramsey...
- UFC signs Team Quest Thailand fighter Glenn Sparv, more fighters rumored for upcoming Asia cards
With two cards planned for Southeast Asia in early next year, the UFC is splashing out for new fighters to make their debut. Link
- Bellator season 9 review: What worked, what didn't and what to do next
It was perhaps the most pivotal and controversial season in Bellator's history. From an ill-fated moved to pay-per-view to a run-in with their former (and now current) champion to record ratings and...
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira wants Roy Nelson in UFC return
The former UFC and Pride HW champ plans to come back in 2014 and he's got his eyes on the man they call Big Country. Link
- Big plans for ‘Bigslow’ as Luke Barnatt eyes ‘TUF’ coaching gig, potential London slot
As Luke Barnatt tells it, even those closest to him didn’t necessarily like his chances against Andrew Craig. But after a one-sided beatdown in the October bout, “Bigslow” is eyeing big...
- TUF 18 Finale adds Team Rousey teammates Jessamyn Duke vs. Peggy Morgan
The first bout between eliminated “The Ultimate Fighter 18? cast members has been added to the live finale, as Team Rousey fighters Jessamyn Duke vs. Peggy Morgan square off at the event. Link
- Sarah D’Alelio replaces injured Kelly Kobold at Invicta FC 7
Sarah D’Alelio (7-4) has replaced injured Kelly Kobold (18-3-1) and now meets fellow bantamweight Tonya Evinger (11-6) next month at Invicta FC 7. Link
- Nate Diaz: I Beat (Gray Maynard), I’m Gonna Hunt Down Pettis and Thomson and Take Them Out
Nate Diaz believes that he'll defeat Gray Maynard at the TUF 18 Finale, then it's time to "hunt down Pettis and Thomson's ass," and capture the UFC lightweight belt. Link
- Kennedy: Zahabi made GSP dull, not Greg Jackson
The UFC Middleweight and Greg Jackson student says his coach isn't the reason Georges St-Pierre has gotten boring. He says it's Firas Zahabi and he's doing it to Rory MacDonald too. Link
- Ryan Dickson replaces Ryan Chiappe, meets Marcus Vinicius on WSOF 7 prelims
Canadian welterweight Ryan Dickson, a 24-year-old cancer survivor, has replaces and injured Ryan Chiappe and now meets Marcus Vinicius at next month’s “World Series of Fighting 7: Karakhanyan vs....
- Frankie Edgar vs. Phillipe Nover booked for Dec. 1 at Madison Square Garden
UFC STAR FRANKIE EDGAR VS. PHILLIPE NOVER ADDED AS CO-MAIN EVENT FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL GRAPPLE AT THE GARDEN ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013. MONTELL MARION AND KELLEN RUSSELL TO LEAD TOP CLUB TEAMS DUAL...
- Following UFC release, Rousimar Palhares signs with World Series of Fighting
Controversial welterweight free agent Rousimar Palhares has found a new home. Link
- Saturday’s TUF 18 Finale to feature all female cast members except Baszler and Moras
Only two of the eight female cast members from “The Ultimate Fighter 18? won’t compete at Saturday’s live finale. Link
- Cage Warriors 61 moves from Baghdad to Amman on Dec. 13
Cage Warriors’ ambitious plans for a debut in Iraq are now on hold. Link
- Pascal Krauss vs. Adam Khaliev joins UFC on FOX 10 lineup
Welterweight Pascal Krauss (11-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) will welcome the UFC’s latest Chechen standout to the octagon at UFC on FOX 10. Link
- TUF The Smashes Alum Ben Wall Agrees to Face Alex Garcia at UFC Fight Night 33
With less than two weeks until fight time, the UFC has called on The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes alum Ben Wall to help keep a fight on the card. Link
- Matt Grice injury update: UFC featherweight returns home after undergoing brain surgery, expected to make full recovery
Following a horrific car accident on Sept. 8, 2013, UFC Featherweight Matt Grice recently returned home to be with his family after being hospitalized for nearly two months and undergoing emergency...
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua Considering a Move to Middleweight Following UFC Fight Night 33
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will consider a move to middleweight following his fight with James Te Huna at UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane, Australia, on Dec. 7 (Dec. 6 in the U.S.). The 31-year-old...
- Rory MacDonald: 'I needed to lose'
The Rory MacDonald of 2013 is a very different specimen from the youngster who ran roughshod over the welterweight division throughout his first few years inside the UFC. His ferocity replaced by a...
- Cristiano Marcello vs. Joe Proctor slated for UFC Fight Night 36
A lightweight bout between Joe Proctor (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Cristiano Marcello (13-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC) is the latest addition to February’s UFC Fight Night 36 event. Link
- Gray Maynard willing to go to 145 for fourth Frankie Edgar fight
As UFC lightweight Gray Maynard prepares to complete the second trilogy series of his career, you might think more rematches are the last thing on his mind. But “The Bully” insists it’s quite the...
- Next week’s ‘ONE FC 13: Moment of Truth’ lineup finalized with 10 bouts
With the addition of two preliminary-card bouts, the nine-fight lineup is set for next week’s “ONE FC 13: Moment of Truth” lineup. Link
- UFC signs bantamweight prospects Dave Galera, Royston Wee, and Leandro Issa for UFN 34 in Singapore
The UFC has signed three bantamweight prospects based in South East Asia. Filipino fighter Dave Galera will make his debut against Singapore's Royston Wee, and Evolve MMA's Leandro Issa has been...
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson on Jon Jones: 'One of the dirtiest opponents I have fought'
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rampage Jackson says he would like to break the knee of current UFC champ Jon Jones Link
- Manny Pacquiao's bank accounts frozen following allegations of tax evasion
Looks like Manny Pacquiao's next fight won't be inside a boxing ring ... and the cash-strapped "Pac Man" may not have the money to hire an attorney. Link
- Viscardi Andrade vs. Nicholas Musoke joins UFC Fight Night 36 fight card in Brazil
A welterweight bout between Viscardi Andrade (17-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Nicholas Musoke (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to February’s UFC Fight Night 36 fight card. Link
- Flyweight newcomer Alp Ozkilic replaces John Moraga at UFC on FOX 9
Promotional newcomer Alp Ozkilic (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has replaced injured John Moraga (13-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and now meets fellow flyweight Darren Uyenoyama (8-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at next month’s UFC on FOX...
- UFC Fight Night 35 Lands Romero vs. Brunson and Pichel vs. Whiteley for Atlanta
As the days go by, the UFC‘s Atlanta card is filling up. Link
- Glory 12 ratings on Spike: Glory 12 draws 476K, up 25% from Spike debut
Ratings are in for Glory 12, and the news is good. Get the full breakdown right here at Bloody Elbow. Link
- WSOF acquisitions continue with Razak Al-Hassan, Luis Palomino, Kelvin Tiller
World Series of Fighting’s athlete roster continues to grow, as the Las Vegas-based promotion has added light heavyweight Razak Al-Hassan (12-4), lightweight Luis Palomino (21-9) and middleweight...
- Shinya Aoki and Eddie Ng turn down UFC contracts to compete for ONE FC
Brazilian bantamweight Leandro Issa is now officially on the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) roster but two of his Evolve MMA teammates won't be joining him with Shinya Aoki and Eddie Ng both...
- UFC Fight Night 34 card continues to fill with Kimura vs. Reyes, Holloway vs. Chope, Bang vs. Taisumov, Galera vs. Wee
The UFC’s first trip to Southeast Asia has a fight card nearing completion, as the company today announced the addition of bantamweights Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes, featherweights Max Holloway...