- CABMMA suspends Rousimar Palhares 120 days following UFC Fight Night 29
In addition to his UFC release and the loss of a likely $50,000 "Submission of the Night" bonus, Rousimar Palhares will have to deal with a suspension. Link
- Bellator 106's pay-per-view undercard includes Terry Etim, Mike Guymon
Bellator MMA's inaugural pay-per-view event now has seven bouts set for the night's Spike TV and Spike.com preliminary card, and some familiar names are part of the mix. Link
- Invicta FC 7 slated for Dec. 7 with three title fights, Honchak-Smith headliner
Invicta FC will close out its 2013 campaign with a championship tripleheader on Dec. 7, officials today announced. Link
- Yan Cabral robbed at gunpoint two days after first UFC win
Yan Cabral made his UFC debut on Wednesday with a unanimous decision victory over David Mitchell at UFC Fight Night 29 in Barueri, Brazil, but he lost part of the money he made in the fight as soon...
- UFC Fight Night 29 Medical Suspensions: Mike Pierce Out Up To 180 Days
The Brazilian Athletic Commission (CABMMA) on Friday released the UFC Fight Night 29: Maia vs. Shields medical suspensions to MMAWeekly.com. The medical suspensions were issued by Dr. Marcio Tannure,...
- Shields interested in fighting Condit/Brown winner
Following a narrow victory over Demian Maia at UFC Fight Night 29, welterweight Jake Shields is looking at options for his next fight. Link
- Report: Firas Zahabi Says GSP Might Be Done After Hendricks Fight
@arielhelwani Firas just told @tvasports that if GSP does not have the motivation after Hendricks fight, he will retire. link
- Rebney: We don't want Palhares either
Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney makes it clear that he won't be making an offer to the Brazilian heel hook specialist. Link
- Jake Ellenberger-Tarec Saffiedine targeted for UFC's January debut in Singapore
A welterweight matchup between perennial contender Jake Ellenberger and former Strikeforce champ Tarec Saffiedine is expected to headline the UFC's January debut in Singapore. Link
- CFA 12 results: Ashlee Evans-Smith stops Fallon Fox
Underdog Ashlee Evans-Smith put an end to the Fallon Fox hype train, scoring a hard-fought, third-round TKO win over the controversial transgender fighter. Link
- Bustamante: Palhares hurt sparring partners
Murilo Bustamante of the Brazilian Top Team says that Rousimar Palhares routinely hurt his sparring partners and even the services of a sports psychologist didn't help. Link
- Cormier to 205 after next fight, win or lose
Top heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier has talked about a drop to light heavyweight for a while now. According to the man himself, it will happen for sure after his next fight. Link
- 'BAMMA 14: Daley vs. da Silva' set for Dec. 14 in England, on AXS TV
British slugger Paul "Semtex" Daley returns to action on Dec. 14, when he meets Brazilian veteran Romario Manoel da Silva in the main event of BAMMA 14, which takes place at LG Arena in Birmingham,...
- A sponsor opens up about the reality of backing UFC fighters
The biggest check Hans Molenkamp ever wrote as an athlete sponsor was to Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson for a fight with James Thompson in the now-defunct EliteXC organization. Molenkamp won't say how...
- Fitch: I would refuse to fight Palhares
Jon Fitch says that even if the WSOF signed Rousimar Palhares, he would refuse to fight the "dirty" submission master. Link
- Yushin Okami signs with World Series of Fighting
Former UFC middleweight title challenger Yushin Okami has signed with World Series of Fighting and will make his debut in 2014. Link
- Patino vs. Ferreira title fight, Cejudo vs. DeLeon tops Legacy FC 25 lineup
Legacy FC lightweight champion Jorge Patino now has an opponent, and Henry Cejudo has a new foe for next month's Legacy FC 25 event. Link
- Conor McGregor answers Tate or Rousey question with 'One riidin d*ck, one lickin ma toessssss'
Conor McGregor calls for a three-way with Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey. Because that's a thing that one martial artist regularly says about other martial artists. Link
- UFC 166 start time, fight card, TV info, media events and extended video preview
It's fight week again for the UFC, and on Saturday, the organization returns to pay-per-view with UFC 166 and a blockbuster heavyweight headliner. Here's the essential information for the weekend...
- Chael Sonnen: Keep God out of the cage
UFC star Chael Sonnen reminds fighters that God does not care about the outcome of a cage fight. Link
- Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius Queiroz tourney final added to Bellator 106 PPV
Bellator MMA's debut pay-per-view event has a fifth and final fight slated for the night's main card. Link
- UFC Fight Night 29 Drug Test Results Reveal No Illicit Drug Use
The Brazilian Athletic Commission on MMA (CABMMA) on Monday informed MMAWeekly.com that ever fighter on the recent UFC Fight Night 29: Maia vs. Shields fight card was drug tested. All 20 fighters...
- Bellator's November 2 PPV effort has reportedly only sold 1,700 tickets
Bellator's November 2 pay-per-view could be a major bust if a recent report that they've sold less than 2,000 tickets is accurate. Link
- Justin Scoggins meets Richie Vaculik at UFC Fight Night 33 in Australia
The UFC's return to the land Down Under is one step closer to complete with the addition of a flyweight bout to the card. Promotional newcomer Justin Scoggins will meet Richie Vaculik when the UFC...
- Mark Coleman added as B.J. Penn's wrestling coach on TUF 19
UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman has been tabbed by old friend B.J. Penn to be his wrestling coach on The Ultimate Fighter 19. Link
- UFC Featherweight Conor McGregor apologizes to Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey for offensive tweet
Following a tweet over the weekend that sexualized two of WMMA's biggest stars, UFC Featherweight Conor McGregor recanted his statement and apologized. Link
- Stefan Struve Spars for the First Time Since Heart Condition, Hopeful for UFC Return
When diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a leaking aortic valve in August, UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve’s future as a mixed martial artist seemed bleak, but the 7-foot tall Dutchman never wavered...
- Shayna Baszler Talks Strippers, Drunks and more TUF 18
Not sure if this is the right sub forum but here you go.... 1. Did you participate in any of the little princess makeovers or fashion shows that Julianna Pena was organizing? Shayna Baszler - We were...
- Nick Diaz vs. Michael Bisping? 'I love that fight,' UFC boss says
If Nick Diaz is really ready to come out of retirement for the right fight, veteran UFC middleweight Michael Bisping is willing to fight him. While it seems like an unlikely scenario, one pivotal...
- Why UFC 166's Gilbert Melendez finally watched video of controversial title loss
It took some time before Gilbert Melendez could bring himself to watch the video of his failed attempt to capture the UFC's lightweight title. Link
- Tourney finalist Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan joins Bellator 106
Next month's Bellator 106 pay-per-view card has its 13th fight, including the third bout scheduled for the night's Spike TV-televised preliminary card. Link
- Miesha Tate accepts Connor McGregor's apology
The Ultimate Fighter coach says "it's all good" and that she knew the outspoken UFC Featherweight was just joking. Link
- FOX Sports 1 to re-air entire UFC 165 pay-per-view main card on Thursday
You can watch a free replay of one of the year's best events – and perhaps the most debated title fight – on Thursday when FOX Sports 1 re-airs the entire UFC 165 pay-per-view main card. Link
- Former TUF 18 contestant calls Miesha Tate 'disgusting,' threatens to 'knee her in the cooter'
think it's safe to say that veteran female mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, Tonya Evinger, had a rough couple of days as a short-lived contestant on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18. In addition to...
- Alexis Vila vs. Josh Rettinghouse added to next week's WSOF 6 event
A fight card that was already thought to be full now has another bout on its lineup as Cuban Olympic wrestler Alexis Vila meets Josh "The Finisher" Rettinghouse in a bantamweight affair at World...
- Karo Parisyan vs. Cristiano Souza is 14th addition to Bellator 106's PPV event
With a final addition, the card is set for Bellator MMA's debut pay-per-view event, and a hefty 14 fights are now part of the lineup. Link
- MMA loses respected figure with Tuff-N-Uff exec Barry Meyer's unexpected passing
Mixed martial arts today lost one of its finest representatives as Tuff-N-Uff President Barry Meyer passed away. Link
- Raphael Davis signs multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting
Seven-year MMA veteran Raphael Davis is the latest addition to the World Series of Fighting roster. Link
- Zak Cummings vs. Sergio Moraes joins quickly filling TUF 18 Finale lineup
A welterweight bout between Zak Cummings (16-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Sergio Moraes (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) is now official for The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale next month. Link
- Undefeated Holly Holm returns Dec. 6, opponent booked
Undefeated MMA prospect and former boxing champion Holly Holm has booked her next fight. Perhaps amazingly, promoters found a willing opponent. Holm (5-0), who recently scored a knockout of Nikki...
- With Ian Loveland Injured, Jared Papazian to Face Russell Doane at Tachi Palace Fights 17
An ankle injury has forced Tachi Palace Fights bantamweight champion Ian Loveland to withdraw from his scheduled TPF 17 headliner against fellow UFC vet Jared Papazian. Link
- Mike Pierce suffers 'severe MCL sprain' in controversial UFN 29 loss
Mike Pierce suffered a fairly significant knee injury during a recent controversial loss, but for now, it appears he'll be able to avoid surgery. Link
- UFC 166 headliner Junior dos Santos discusses recent cut that required stitches
HOUSTON – UFC 166 apparently came a little too close to losing its heavily promoted headliner. Link
- Mark Hunt explains rationale for Australian flag on UFC Fight Night 33 poster
New Zealander Mark Hunt said there's a simple reason he's digitally draped in an Australian flag on the fight poster for December's UFC Fight Night 33 event: His adoptive home has been far more...
- Nick Newell vs. Sabah Fadai Announced for WSOF 7 in Vancouver
World Series of Fighting has announced that undefeated lightweight and star wrestler Nick Newell has his next fight booked against Canada’s Iranian-born Sabah Fadai at December’s WSOF 7 in Vancouver,...
- Glory 11 rating for Spike debut: 381,000
Get the ratings information here for Glory 11 Chicago live on Spike. How many people tuned in for the big Glory Spike debut? We have the information and what it means right here at Bloody Elbow. Link
- Bellator's three-part 'Rampage4Real' series debuts tonight on Spike TV
Ahead of Bellator 106, the organization's first event on pay-per-view, Spike TV tonight debuts the first of a three-part series focused on event headliner Quinton Jackson. Link
- Aoki makes featherweight limit, Fernandes and Kim make weight for title fight
Shinya Aoki has successfully made the featherweight limit coming in at 144 lbs, and both Bibiano Fernandes and Soo Chul Kim came in within the 135 lbs for their title fight. Check out the full ONE FC...
- Nelson: UFC 166 training was 'crappiest camp ever'
Roy Nelson loses coach and two training partners during preparation for UFC 166 co-main event matchup against Daniel Cormier. Link
- Rockhold and Carmont interested in possible bout 16
Two UFC middleweights looking for their next bout, Luke Rockhold and Francis Carmont, have their eyes set on each other. Link