- John Moraga meets Darren Uyenoyama at UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento
The most recent UFC flyweight title challenger will try to get back on track this December. John Moraga (13-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will meet Darren Uyenoyama (8-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) when the UFC returns to...
- Anderson Silva Says to Expect a ‘New’ Anderson in Rematch with Chris Weidman at UFC 168
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s longest title reign in UFC history came crashing down as a result of a well-placed left hand by Chris Weidman on July 6 at UFC 162. The way the fight...
- Dana White would never buy Bellator: ‘There’s no value’
The Ultimate Fighting Championship is the biggest MMA organization in the world today, and Dana White doesn’t see Bellator as a competitor. During UFC 168 media day Sunday, the UFC president said...
- UFC plans 13 events in Brazil on 2014
With the upcoming events in Barueri and Goiania, Brazil will end 2013 with seven UFC events. And Dana White wants more next year. During UFC 168 media day, the UFC president revealed his plans for...
- Where Jones vs. Gustafsson ranks with the greatest fights ever
There's a reason some sayings get to be old sayings, and that's because they're probably true. So after my fifth viewing this week of the Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson fight, my conclusion is...
- Urijah Faber: Time to 'have the conversation' about stripping Dominick Cruz of title
While the top of the UFC bantamweight division is in a state of flux, Urijah Faber has been going about his business. Champion Dominick Cruz has been out nearly two years with a knee injury. In his...
- Renzo Gracie, Eugenio Tadeu and the riot that got MMA banned in Rio de Janeiro
MMA is a popular sport in Brazil today, but that wasn’t the scenario back after Pentagon Combat in 1997. The sport was still growing, and the events basically matched fighters to defend their martial...
- White: B.J. Penn wanted Henderson as stepping stone to Frankie Edgar trilogy
RIO DE JANEIRO – B.J. Penn has his trilogy fight set up with Frankie Edgar, and he didn't have to take any extra steps to get there after originally thinking maybe he'd have to fight Benson Henderson...
- Bellator 104 lineup set, features Hawn vs. Weedman, Keslar vs. War Machine
The nine-bout lineup for next month's Bellator 104 lineup is now official, and the evening features the semifinal bouts of Bellator's Season 9 welterweight tournament with Rick Hawn vs. Brent Weedman...
- Bellator's Rebney noncommittal about signing former UFC title challenger Okami
For now, it appears Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney isn't jumping out of his promoter's chair to sign Yushin Okami – though he isn't completely dismissing the potential to sign the former UFC title...
- UFC champ Anthony Pettis took Benson Henderson's title with a separated shoulder
UFC Lightweight champion Anthony Pettis revealed today on the MMA Hour that he fought and beat Benson Henderson at UFC 164 with a separated shoulder. Link
- UFC signs Krzysztof Jotko
After a week of fighter cuts, the UFC is doing a little business in the other direction with the reported signing of Polish Middleweight Krzystof Jotko. Link
- 'Fight Master' not yet renewed for second season, says Bellator boss
Despite reports stating otherwise, Bellator and Spike TV have yet to decide if the promotion's first foray into reality TV, "Fight Master," will get a second season. Link
- UFC signs unbeaten Brazilian Bethe 'Pitbull' Correia to women's roster
The UFC has added another unbeaten bantamweight to its women's roster. Bethe Correia has signed a deal with the UFC and becomes the third Brazilian in the promotion's women's ranks. Link
- 'UFC 166 Primetime: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III' premieres Wednesday
This month's UFC 166, which features a heavyweight title trilogy bout, gets a three-part "UFC Primetime: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III" series, which debuts Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1....
- Bellator 102 loses prelim bout following last-minute injury
A middleweight bout between Kenny Ento (13-12 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and British fighter Michael Page (5-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) has been scratched for Bellator 102 following an injury to Page. Link
- Dana White says everybody turned on Anderson Silva after KO loss to Chris Weidman
The Brazilian fanbase has turned on Anderson Silva after he lost to Chris Weidman according to UFC president Dana White. Link
- Anderson Silva Would Give Up Fighting Before Fighting Teammate Lyoto Machida
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva says he'd give up fighting if necessary if he had to fight teammate Lyoto Machida. Link
- Right Knee Healing Well, Cat Zingano May Now Have a Tear in Her Left Knee
While Cat Zingano's right knee is healing on schedule, she may now have tear in the meniscus of her left knee that would require another surgery. Link
- Anthony Pettis sees Josh Thomson as worthy challenger at UFC on FOX 9
Only one month removed from winning the UFC's lightweight title, Anthony Pettis already is slated to return to the cage. Josh Thomson isn't the man he was expecting to face, but Pettis says he is...
- All in the family: Sergio Pettis makes octagon debut at UFC 167
It was only this past week that Sergio Pettis told MMAjunkie.com Radio that he believed he was "ready to step up to the next level." That next level came quickly. Pettis (8-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the...
- Mike Pierce on Rousimar Palhares: 'This guy is definitely a cheat'
UFC Welterweight Pierce doesn't hold back when asked for his thoughts on his UFC Fight Night 29 opponent. Link
- Tim Kennedy gets Rafael Natal at UFC's 'Fight for the Troops 3'
Middleweight Rafael "Sapo" Natal is the winner of the Tim Kennedy opponent sweepstakes at "UFC Fight Night 31: UFC Fight for the Troops 3." Link
- Vaughan Lee vs. Sergio Pettis in the works for UFC 167
While UFC execs have yet to officially announce the signing of top prospect Sergio Pettis, it appears they are already planning his octagon debut. Link
- WSOF 6 lineup adds Firmino vs. Volkmann, LoBosco vs. Mello, Pimentel vs. Porter
A trio of preliminary contests has been added to next month's World Series of Fighting 6 event with lightweights Luiz Firmino vs. Jacob Volkmann, as well as a pair of featherweight matchups in Nick...
- Roger Bowling and Abel Trujillo book rematch for December's UFC on FOX 9 event
After their first bout ended in a controversial no-contest result, Roger Bowling and Abel Trujillo will meet for a second time. UFC officials today announced the lightweights will rematch at...
- Uriah Hall Faces UFC Release if He Loses His Next Fight
The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finalist Uriah Hall faces being released by the UFC if he doesn't win his next fight according to UFC president Dana White. Link
- Champ Alexander Shlemenko vs. Doug Marshall slated for Bellator 108 on Nov. 15
After a delay, Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko will now meet recent tournament winner Doug Marshall on Bellator 108 on Nov. 15. Link
- Ian McCall hates the homeless
Popular UFC flyweight has decided to take a stand on homelessness, but his views are less than cheritable. Link
- Dana White: 'for all intents and purposes Renan Barao is the real champion'
UFC president gives offers his take on interim UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao. Link
- Joe Rogan Blasts 10 Point Must System In MMA
“Scoring is very flawed. It’s flawed in a bunch of different ways. The biggest reason it’s flawed is because of the 10-Point Must system which was adopted from boxing. That might work in a 12-round...
- Thales Leites replaces Rafael Natal, faces Ed Herman at UFC 167
In the wake of a middleweight shuffle that left Ed Herman without an opponent at UFC 167, Thales Leites has stepped up to fight. Link
- WSOF launches Canadian arm, heads to Vancouver for 'WSOF 7: Johnson vs. Kyle'
World Series of Fighting has acquired Canadian promotion Aggression Fighting Championship, and the company hosts its first event under the World Series of Fighting Canada banner on Dec. 7. Link
- Bellator's Joe Warren may go on TRT, commissioner says he applied for exemption
Before an MRI abnormality prompted his scratch from Bellator 98, ex-champ Joe Warren applied for and received a therapeutic-use exemption for testosterone-replacement therapy, according to the head...
- Reebok extends deal with Johny Hendricks in advance of UFC 167 title fight
UFC welterweight Johny Hendricks will bring a big brand into his corner for his upcoming fight with champion Georges St-Pierre. Link
- Court says UFC lawsuit against New York state can proceed
A small defeat by way of the dismissal of their claim that New York's ban on MMA violate's the UFC's first amendment rights was followed by a victory as the court ruled that the case can proceed...
- Chuck Liddell doesn't want to watch Georges St. Pierre 'playing it safe'
UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell understands why some UFC champions are "playing it safe", but it's not something he wants to watch. Link
- Robert Whittaker vs. Brian Melancon added to UFC Fight Night 33 in Australia
"The Ultimate Fighter: Team Australia vs. Team U.K." winner Robert Whittaker will soon attempt to get back on the winning track on home turf. Link
- UFC 168 Fight Card Continues to Grow with Addition of Jim Miller vs. Fabricio Camoes
The UFC 168 fight card continues to fill up with Wednesday’s addition of a lightweight bout pitting Jim Miller vs. Fabricio Camoes. UFC officials announced the bout... Link
- UFC Contender Cat Zingano Will Undergo Stem Cell Procedure for Left Knee
Top ranked UFC bantamweight challenger Cat Zingano has been out of action for several months due to an injury to her right knee. That injury is on the mend, but it has led to issues with her left...
- Bjorn Rebney responds to Dana White's 'no value' Bellator slam
It may have been the case for years there was no war of words between UFC President Dana White and Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney, those days are seemingly long since over. During a recent press scrum in...
- Efrain Escudero vs. Luis Palomino added to next week's CFA 12 event in Florida
A lightweight matchup between "The Ultimate Fighter 8" winner Efrain Escudero and former Championship Fighting Alliance featherweight champ Luis Palomino has been added to next week's CFA 12 event....
- Bobby Voelker vs. William 'Patolino' Macario added to UFC 168 in Vegas
The UFC's year-end fight card continues to fill up following the addition of a welterweight bout between Bobby Voelker (24-10 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and William Macario (6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC). UFC officials today...
- Trainer Eric Del Fierro weighs in on Alexander Gustafsson's split from Alliance
Less than two weeks after his impressive performance at UFC 165, light heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson said he'll conduct future training camps in his native Sweden. Alliance MMA head trainer Eric...
- Cody McKenzie returns to lightweight, meets Sam Stout at UFC on FOX 9
The card for the UFC's return to Sacramento is one step closer to being complete with the addition of a lightweight bout to the card. Cody McKenzie (14-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC) will return to 155 pounds after...
- Ben Rothwell suspended nine months by UFC for elevated testosterone levels following UFC 164 victory
UFC heavyweight Ben Rothwell may have defeated Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in August by TKO, but his victory isn't now without a blemish. UFC has suspended Rothwell nine months following word via written...
- Matt Riddle Ends Short-Lived Retirement, Makes Nov. 22 Debut at Bellator 108
Matt Riddle’s retirement did not last long. The fighter Thursday announced his intention to return to the cage on Nov. 22 at Bellator 108, which takes place in Riddle’s home state of Pennsylvania....
- Robert Drysdale meets Cody Donovan at UFC 167 in Las Vegas
After a delay, Robert Drysdale finally is re-set for his UFC debut. Drysdale, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu standout, will meet Cody Donovan in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 167. Link
- Bellator 102 weigh-in results: All 10 tourney fighters make weight
Bellator 102 weigh-ins are in the books, and all 10 of the card's tournament competitors today successfully made weight. Link
- Jon Jones-Glover Teixeira, Mir-Overeem top UFC 169 on Super Bowl weekend
It was the hot likelihood, and now it's a done deal: Jon Jones will defend his light heavyweight title on Super Bowl weekend against Glover Teixeira. The title fight between Jones (19-1 MMA, 13-1...