- Scott Jorgensen drops to flyweight, meets Ian McCall at UFC on FOX 9
Onetime WEC and UFC bantamweight title challenger Scott Jorgensen is dropping to 125 pounds, and he'll meet Ian McCall in his flyweight debut. UFC officials on Tuesday announced the new matchup,...
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Steven Siler joins UFC Fight Night 31 'Troops' lineup
Dennis Bermudez has a new opponent for November's "UFC Fight Night 31: UFC Fight for the Troops 3" event. With original opponent Nik Lentz now slated to fight Chad Mendes at UFC on FOX 9, Bermudez...
- Bellator's Joe Warren cleared to fight, return date not set
After an undisclosed medical issue prompted his removal from a Bellator event earlier this month, Joe Warren (8-3 MMA, 6-2 BMMA) may now compete in the promotion's Season 9 featherweight tournament....
- C.J. Ross, controversial Nevada boxing judge, to take leave of absence
C.J. Ross, the judge who blew two of the biggest fights in recent memory, has elected to take a leave of absence. Link
- Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig Agree to UFC on Fox9 Lightweight Bout
Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig have verbally agreed to square off at UFC on Fox 9 on Dec. 14 at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. Link
- B.J. Penn to train with UFC champ Jose Aldo for Frankie Edgar bout
B.J. Penn will train with current UFC Featherweight champ to prepare for his third bout with Frankie Edgar. Link
- UFC Inks Top Russian Bantamweight Aleksandra 'Stitch' Albu
When you want Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey to defend her 135-pound title at UFC 168, and the only opponent you can find is Miesha Tate, someone...
- Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown added to UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento
Former UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit has gotten his wish: a fight with fellow contender Matt Brown. Link
- Fox Sports apologizes for Chael Sonnen's remarks about Mayweather and Rihanna
UFC announcer Chael Sonnen had to backtrack after some tasteless remarks he made about pop star Rihanna and Floyd Mayweather created a controversy. Link
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Adriano Martins added to UFC Fight Night 32
A lightweight bout between Daron Cruickshank and promotional newcomer Adriano Martins is the latest addition to UFC Fight Night 32. Link
- Joseph Benavidez meets UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson at TUF 18 Finale
Joseph Benavidez said after his most recent win that he wasn't going to bark for a title shot. He didn't, but he's getting one anyway. Benavidez (19-3 MMA, 6-1 UFC) will challenge flyweight champion...
- NSAC chairman apologizes to Nevada governor, has serious questions for Kizer, changes to judging assignments coming
The Nevada State Athletic Commission is about to see some very big changes if NSAC chairman Bill Brady is to be believed. Brady said that they will no longer "rubber stamp" judging assignments as...
- Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau lightweight bout set for UFC 168 in Las Vegas
The UFC's year-end card in Las Vegas continues to shape itself up with the addition of a lightweight fight to the card. Michael Johnson will meet Gleison Tibau at UFC 168 in December. Link
- Luke Rockhold out, C.B. Dollaway meets Tim Boetsch at UFC 166
A knee injury has forced Luke Rockhold out of his fight against Tim Boetsch. Rockhold will be replaced in the bout by C.B. Dollaway at UFC 166 next month in Houston. Link
- Danny Castillo meets Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento
The UFC continues to stack its return to California's state capital with hometown fan favorites. In an intriguing lightweight bout, Danny Castillo will meet Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 9 in December....
- Ali Bagautinov vs. Tim Elliott set for November's UFC 167 in Las Vegas
A flyweight bout has found its way to the UFC's 20th anniversary show in Las Vegas. Ali Bagautinov will take on Tim Elliott at UFC 167 in November. Link
- Anthony Perosh takes on Ryan Bader at December's UFC Fight Night 33 in Australia
Australia has another one of its own on the UFC's return to the country in December. Anthony Perosh (14-7 MMA, 4-4 UFC) will take on Ryan Bader (15-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC), the Season 8 winner of "The...
- Brandao-Poirier, Leben-Hall added to UFC 168 in Las Vegas
The UFC has two more bouts to its year-end card – one that could wind up being an important featherweight battle, and one that could be a middleweight slugfest. Diego Brandao (18-8 MMA, 4-1 UFC), the...
- Gatorade debuts as sponsor of light heavyweight champ Jon Jones at UFC 165
He already has blue-chip sponsor Nike in the fold, and now Jon Jones will add the world's foremost sports drink company to his roster. Jones will include Gatorade among his sponsors when he fights...
- Injured UFC Featherweight Matt Grice Breathing on His Own, Responding to Verbal Cues
Injured UFC featherweight Matt Grice is showing signs of improvement from a recent auto accident, breathing on his own and responding to verbal cues.… Link
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Court McGee added to UFC on FOX 9 in December
A welterweight matchup between a pair of "The Ultimate Fighter" winners is the latest addition to the lineup for UFC on FOX 9, as Kelvin Gastelum meets Court McGee. The placement of the Gastelum (7-0...
- Al Iaquinta replaces Paul Taylor, faces Anthony Njokuani at UFC Fight Night 30
Three times Anthony Njokuani and Paul Taylor have been scheduled to fight. Three times the fight has not happened. UFC officials today announced that Al Iaquinta (6-2-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will replace an...
- Dana White on Chael Sonnen's Fox Sports Live domestic violence joke: 'He's got to knock that s**t off'
Chael Sonnen's joke about Rihanna being the victim of domestic violence first fell flat with Fox -- who had to issue an apology -- and now has Dana White telling Chael to 'knock that s**t off.' Link
- Jared Rosholt signs with UFC, debuts at TUF 18 Finale in November
Another member of Team Takedown has joined the UFC's ranks. Heavyweight Jared Rosholt (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the younger brother of UFC vet Jake Rosholt, today announced his signing with the promotion...
- After injury withdrawal, Paul Taylor announces retirement
After an injury spoiled a planned return from a 32-month layoff, UFC veteran Paul Taylor has announced his MMA retirement. Link
- Holly Holm gets new opponent for Legacy FC 24
Former pro boxing champion Holly Holm has a new opponent for next month's Legacy FC 24 event. Following an injury withdrawal by Erica Paes (2-1), Holm (4-0) is now slated to fight fellow bantamweight...
- UFC 165 Weigh In Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET) Champ Jon Jones (204.5) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (204.5) Champ Renan Barao (135) vs. Eddie Wineland (135) Matt Mitrione (260.5) vs. Brendan Schaub (237) Francis...
- Oritz, Miletich, Varner, Boon and more Predict Jones vs Gustafsson
Shayna Baszler (15-8, FCF Women’s Bantamweight Grand Prix Champion) - “Gustafsson is a badass but I’m taking Jones.” Bas Boon (Head of Business Development at Glory Sports, Manager Golden Glory) -...
- Leonard Garcia fights for title at Legacy FC 26
Free-swinging UFC and WEC veteran Leonard Garcia will fight for the vacant Legacy FC featherweight title on Dec. 6. Link
- Joe Warren meets Nick Kirk in Bellator 101 headliner, Kongo-Godbeer moved
Joe Warren was cleared to fight earlier this week, and Bellator will waste no time getting the former champion back to work. Warren will meet Nick Kirk in a bantamweight tournament semifinal fight to...
- Bellator adds Bronzoulis-Riggs 'Fight Master' final to PPV prelims
The delayed tournament final of Bellator MMA's first reality show season has a home on the promotion's first pay-per-view. Mike Bronzoulis will meet Joe Riggs on the Spike TV preliminary card of...
- UFC 165 bonuses: Jones, Gustafsson, Barao, Gagnon earn $50,000 honors
TORONTO – Jon Jones, Alexander Gustafsson, Renan Barao and Mitch Gagnon each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 165 event. Link
- UFC 165 winner Brendan Schaub likely due for quick return
TORONTO – It wasn't long ago that heavyweight Brendan Schaub was in desperate need of a win. Now it sounds as if the UFC may be in desperate need of him. Link
- UFC 165's Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson released from hospital
TORONTO – Following the most grueling fight of his UFC career, light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been released from a Toronto hospital with no broken bones or serious injuries. Link
- After UFC 165 win, Stephen Thompson still pining for Matt Brown rematch
TORONTO – Stephen Thompson picked up what is likely the biggest win of his career on Saturday at UFC 165, but rather than looking ahead, the welterweight prospect can't help but dwell on the past....
- Eddie Wineland on UFC 165 loss to Barao: 'Personal opinion – I think bulls--t'
Eddie Wineland said he was not finished when referee Yves Lavigne jumped in to save him during his fight with interim UFC bantamweight champ Renan Barao. Link
- Caio Magalhaes vs. Nick Ring added to UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane
A middleweight bout between Caio Magalhaes and Nick Ring is the latest addition to December's UFC Fight Night 33 event. Link
- Benny Alloway vs. Rick Alchin Confirmed for BRACE 23 in Townsville, Australia
Australian Benny Alloway will fight for the first time since being cut from the UFC when he faces Rick Alchin at BRACE 23 in Townsville, Australia, on Oct. 26. Link
- UFC releases Mizuto Hirota and Azamat Gashimov, signs Bruno Santos and Alexandra Albu
A few UFC roster moves flew under the radar in the after the cool down from the Mayweather vs. Alvarez fight and the build up to the Jones vs. Gustafsson fight. So here are a few recent roster moves...
- Two questionable scorecards from preliminary card came from same judge
It wasn't the greatest of UFC judging debuts for Brian Beauchamp. Link
- Dana White: Jon Jones and John McCarthy begged and pleaded with doctor not to stop fight
UFC president Dana White claims the doctor was ready to step in and stop UFC 165's main event between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson. Link
- Quality over quantity at today's 'TUF: Nations' tryouts in Toronto
TORONTO – Today's tryouts for "The Ultimate Fighter: Nations" produced a wide array of personalities. But the theme of the day was quality over quantity. Link
- Mike Winkeljohn: Jon Jones' foot injured, 'possibly shattered'
Jon Jones successfully defended his UFC Light Heavyweight title against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, but the hard-fought win did come at a cost, including a possible foot injury. Link
- Arthur Jones says UFC champ Jon Jones makes more than both NFL star brothers combined
Arthur Jones says that Jon Jones makes more than Arthur, a defensive end for the Ravens, and Chandler Jones (a defensive end for the Patriots) combined. Link
- Flyweights Jose Maria, Dustin Ortiz added to UFC Fight Night 32 in Brazil
The UFC's November return to Brazil has added a flyweight bout between a nine-year veteran and a promotional newcomer. Brazil's Jose Maria will meet Dustin Ortiz at UFC Fight Night 32. Link
- Nate Diaz: Sorry UFC, can't do Nov 30
The UFC has announced that old Ultimate Fighter rivals Nate Diaz and Gray Maynard would be rematching at the TUF 18 Finale. Now Nate Diaz has tweeted he'll be attending his high school reunion...
- John McCarthy on Keith Kizer: 'If he's in charge, if he's the executive director, I want nothing to do with it'
"Big" John McCarthy has a lot to say about NSAC executive director Keith Kizer, none of it particularly positive in the wake of Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez's judging controversy. Link
- Silva looking for Sonnen fight in Brazil or Oregon 18
Wanderlei Silva looking to fight Chael Sonnen no matter the outcome of Sonnen's UFC 167 bout against Rashad Evans. Link
- Only staples in the head for Gustafsson after 165 29
Alexander Gustafsson is healthy coming out of UFC 165 and his thrilling loss to Jon Jones. Link
- Bellator 102 lineup includes heavyweights Lavar Johnson vs. Vinicius Queiroz
The 12-bout lineup for next week's Bellator 102 lineup is complete, and it includes a heavyweight tournament bout between Lavar "Big" Johnson and Vinicius "Spartan" Queiroz. Link