- Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler still on track, according to Dana White
BOSTON – Welterweight Matt Brown probably will get a top-10 opponent in his next fight, according to UFC President Dana White, but it doesn't look like he'll upset one matchup planned for the near...
- UFC boss: Uriah Hall 'not a fighter,' 'TUF 17' finalist's next move uncertain
BOSTON – Saturday night's UFC Fight Night 26 event turned out to be one of the most entertaining fight cards in recent memory, save for one flop of a fight: John Howard vs. Uriah Hall. UFC President...
- After Conor McGregor's UFC 'loss,' Dana White an even bigger fan
BOSTON – Conor McGregor entered UFC Fight Night 26 with absolutely unprecedented hype, to the point that even he admitted a decision win felt more like a loss than anything else. That makes UFC...
- UFN 26 winner Matt Brown here for one thing: 'To beat GSP's ass'
BOSTON – So what do you with Matt Brown, a once-journeyman fighter who's resurrected his career in MMA's most prominent organization while stringing together a staggering six consecutive UFC wins?...
- Bellator 99 Full Fight Card Released; Houston Alexander Steps In to Face Vladimir Matyushenko
A hand injury has forced former Bellator light heavyweight champion Christian M’Pumbu off of the Bellator 99 fight card. Vladimir Matyushenko will now face fellow UFC veteran Houston Alexander. Link
- Michael McDonald: Pickett made me question my KO power
There were times while Michael McDonald was punching the living bejesus out of Brad Pickett that he wondered if his knockout power had mysteriously disappeared. Link
- Shogun vs. Sonnen draws remarkable ratings on FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports 1 got off to an impressive debut Saturday night doing a 1.38 rating and 1.78 million viewers for the three-hour main card headlined by Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Chael Sonnen based on...
- UFC Will Be Back in Boston; Dana White, With a Wink, Thanks the Union and City Council President
Less than a week ago, UFC president Dana White was starting to question why he would bring his show to Boston after all the hoops and hurdles that his company faced in pulling off UFC Fight Night 26:...
- Sarah Kaufman off UFC Fight Night 27 card, will be rescheduled
After losing opponent Sara McMann (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) earlier this month and with a replacement unavailable, Sarah Kaufman (16-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been pulled from next week's UFC Fight Night 27...
- Shogun Rua's brother Ninja blames loss on 'shady' elements in training camp
Shogun Rua got submitted by Chael Sonnen Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 26 and his brother Ninja Rua had some comments to make about Shogun's tactics and training camp. Link
- Brett Cooper replaces Doug Marshall, faces champ Shlemenko at Bellator 98
A broken hand has forced Doug Marshall out of a planned bid for Bellator MMA's middleweight title, and Brett Cooper has stepped in to take his place and now faces champ Alexander Shlemenko. Link
- Despite history, UFC Fight Night 26 winners Faber and McDonald open to matchup
Urijah Faber and Michael MacDonald both are UFC bantamweights who've fallen short to champions. But it's undeniable they belong at the top of the division. The fighters both were victorious at this...
- UFC officially releases Reza Madadi
Swedish lightweight Reza Madadi, already convicted and sentenced on burglary charges, is probably on his way out of the UFC according to Dana White. Link
- Matt Brown: I can outwrestle Georges St-Pierre
It's a snappy quote to say you can beat UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre in the way he's beaten most of his opponents in the past six years: wrestling. Matt Brown knows this. The thing is, he...
- Fortunes changed for five at UFC Fight Night 26
Of all people, it was Brock Lesnar who made one of the most salient points about MMA a few years back. When the discussion came about somebody beating somebody else, and how it showed one fighter was...
- Eddie Alvarez says new Bellator deal is ‘fair enough'
Eight months of anger, resentment and legal roadblocks came to a tidy conclusion last week when former Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez reached a settlement with the promotion that built...
- Ivan Jorge replaces Marcelo Guimaraes at UFC Fight Night 28
Next month's UFC Fight Night 28 event in Brazil has a late change. Link
- Carlos Condit Works with Olympian Jake Herbert to Help Improve His Wrestling for UFC Fight Night 27
Following a loss to Johny Hendricks at UFC 158, former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit decided to make wrestling a priority for his training camps going forward. Link
- Flyweights Dustin Ortiz, Justin Scoggins meet at UFC Fight Night 27
A pair of newly signed flyweights will square off at next month's UFC Fight Night 27 event as Dustin Ortiz meets (11-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) meets Justin Scoggins (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC). UFC officials today...
- Anderson Silva uninterested in bouts with Vitor Belfort and 'Jacare' Souza
Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva speaks out about his future with the UFC. Link
- UFC's Steven Siler credits Manny Gamburyan for shocking knockout of Mike Brown
In the days, weeks and months leading up to this past Saturday night's UFC Fight Night 26, featherweight Steven Siler dreamed of defeating Mike Brown for the most important victory of his MMA career....
- UFC's 'Shogun' Rua 'achieved everything I wanted' but not considering retirement
Despite his loss this past weekend in UFC Fight Night 26's headliner, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua said he's accomplished everything he's wanted to in his career. Link
- Ortiz vs. Scoggins nixed, UFC still targeting another UFC Fight Night 27 bout
Flyweights Dustin Ortiz and Justin Scoggins may soon make their UFC debuts, but it won't be against each other at UFC Fight Night 27. Link
- UFC targets Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson rematch for Nov. 9 event in Brazil
It appears Vitor Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) may finally have settled on an acceptable opponent in a familiar foe: Dan Henderson (29-10 MMA, 6-4 UFC). It was revealed on Tuesday's new edition of...
- Jessice Eye signs with UFC, could face Sarah Kaufman at UFC 166
Former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champ Sarah Kaufman (16-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) could soon have a new opponent and a new date for her UFC debut. After being forced out of next week's UFC Fight Night...
- Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald targeted for UFC 167
A planned welterweight matchup with big implications for the division's title picture is set for this fall. Several days after UFC President Dana White confirmed that the promotion would book a fight...
- With Johnny Bedford out at UFC Fight Night 28, Hugo Viana awaits new opponent
Bantamweight Johnny Bedford (19-10 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has withdrawn from a planned UFC Fight Night 28 appearance, and opponent Hugo Viana (7-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) now awaits a new foe. Bedford suffered a...
- Mike Pierce vs. Rousimar Palhares added to UFN 29
It’s a wrestilng vs. jiu-jitsu match in Barueri, Brazil. Mike Pierce looks to extend his winning streak to five when he faces dangerous grappler Rousimar Palhares at UFC Fight Night 29 on Oct. 9....
- Statement regarding Stefan Struve's heart condition
On Tuesday's episode of UFC Tonight, it was reported that Stefan Struve has been diagnosed with a leaking aortic valve, as well an enlarged heart. Struve is currently in good spirits but is still...
- Conor McGregor knee injury 'not serious,' wants UFC 168 return against Diego Brandao
Top featherweight prospect Conor McGregor done messed up his knee in the second round of his UFC Fight Night 26 battle against Max Holloway, which took place just last weekend (Aug. 17, 2013) as part...
- Batman makes octagon debut September 4th
Ivan "Batman" Jorge has been signed by the UFC as an injury replacement for Marcelo Guimaraes. He'll meet Keith Wisneiwski at UFC Fight Night 28 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Link
- Eddie Ng vs. Peter Davis among additions to 'ONE FC 11: Total Domination'
A lightweight bout between Eddie Ng and Peter Davis has been named the co-headliner of October's "ONE FC 11: Total Domination" event. Link
- Alessio Sakara vs. Tom Watson joins UFC Fight Night 30 lineup
Two fighters in need of a win will clash in October at UFC Fight Night 30 when Alessio Sakara takes on Tom Watson. Link
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez promoted to Indy's UFC Fight Night 27 main card
Two bouts from next week's UFC Fight Night 27 event have been promoted to higher-profile spots on the fight card. Link
- Rebney not interested in re-signing Askren
Bellator CEO, Bjorn Rebney, states the company doesn't plan to stand in the way of their welterweight champion, Ben Askren, should he decide to move on to the UFC. Link
- Cerrone charged with assault in Colorado boat rage
UFC Lightweight contender Donald Cerrone has been charged with misdemeanor assault in a Colorado "boating rage" incident. Link
- Wilson Reis replaces Johnny Bedford, meets Hugo Viana at UFC Fight Night 28
Promotional newcomer Wilson Reis reportedly has replaced injured Johnny Bedford and meets fellow bantamweight Hugo Viana at UFC Fight Night 28. Link
- Boston City Council passes ordinance to ban minors from MMA events
Four days after UFC Fight Night 26, the Boston city council has banned minors from attending MMA events. Link
- Rolles Gracie, Gregor Gracie, Neiman Gracie added to World Series of Fighting 5
The World Series of Fighting 5 card next month in New Jersey will have a decidedly Gracie feel to it with three members of the famed founding family of MMA added to the show. Link
- Lyoto Machida drops to 185, meets Tim Kennedy at UFC Fight for the Troops 3
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida will make a long-discussed drop to middleweight, and his first test will be a military hero – on a military base. Link
- Barnatt vs. Craig, Kuiper vs. Scott joins Manchester's UFC Fight Night 30 lineup
October's UFC Fight Night 30 event has two new middleweight bouts on the fight card. They include Luke Barnatt (6-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) vs. Andrew Craig (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC), as well as Michael Kuiper (12-2...
- If Wanderlei Silva is Healthy, Dana White Would Make Sonnen vs. Silva UFC 167 Co-Main Event
Chael Sonnen on Wednesday night continued his quest to get a fight with former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva. UFC president Dana White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday night’s edition of Fox...
- Optimistic about knee injury, UFC's Conor McGregor insults top featherweights
While fans have quickly taken to UFC prospect Conor McGregor, his fellow featherweights probably won't be so eager. Especially after the Irish fighter's latest tweets. Link
- Invicta FC signs Bellator vet Munah Holland
With Bellator officially out of the women's MMA game, another fighter has found a new home. Link
- Frank Mir and Ben Rothwell receive TRT exemptions for UFC 164
A new fighter has been added to the list of MMA competitors with permission to use testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT). Link
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Waylon Lowe completes WSOF 5 main card
A featherweight bout between Georgi Karakhanyan and Waylon Lowe is the final addition to next month's World Series of Fighting 5 main card. Link
- Bellator 100 prelims include Jenkins, Starks, Siliga, Marx and Escudero
The fight card is set for next month's Bellator 100 event, and a host of notables are now part of the night's preliminary card. Link
- Tom Lawlor tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus against Michael Kuiper in April
Following his April 6 win over Michael Kuiper, Tom Lawlor said Kuiper hurt his knee in the early minutes of the fight. Did he ever. Lawlor told MMAFighting.com on Thursday that when Kuiper landed a...
- Josh Koscheck Faces Tyron Woodley at UFC 167
On Thursday afternoon, a welterweight scrap between veteran Josh Koscheck (pictured) and Tyron Woodley was added to the UFC 167 lineup. The event takes place November 16 inside MGM Grand Garden Arena...
- Dana White: Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points
Hold your horses on a possible Wanderlei Silva/Chael Sonnen fight this fall. Link