- Mark Munoz: Michael Bisping has 'pillows for fists'
Mark Munoz didn't take long to respond to jabs from Michael Bisping, saying that his October opponent has "pillows for fists" among other things. Link
- WSOF 4 medical suspensions: Potential six-month terms for 'JZ,' Griffin, Harris
Aside from the mandatory seven-day terms, nine fighters from this past weekend's World Series of Fighting 4 event received medical suspensions ranging from 45 to 180 days. Link
- World Series of Fighting 4 salaries: Spong, Sefo and Harris earn top payouts
Winning fighters Tyrone Spong ($31,000) and Gerald Harris ($30,000), as well as losing competitor/company president Ray Sefo ($30,000) were the top earners at this past weekend's World Series of...
- Jason 'Mayhem' Miller released from jail following domestic violence arrest
Jason "Mayhem" Miller is out of jail today after a weekend arrest on charges of domestic violence. Link
- Bibiano Fernandes vs. Soo Chul Kim Unification Bout Headlines ONE FC: Total Domination
A bantamweight unification bout between reigning champion Soo Chul Kim and interim champion Bibiano Fernandes will headline One FC's October event in Singapore. Link
- UFC boss not stressing FOX Sports 1's issues with cable providers
Dana White today said he isn't worried that the UFC's debut on the new FOX Sports 1 cable channel could fall short of its expected broadcast reach. UFC boss not stressing FOX Sports 1's issues with...
- Max Holloway aiming to derail Conor McGregor's hype train at UFC Fight Night 26
UFC featherweight Max Holloway is well aware of the attention his UFC Fight Night 26 opponent Conor McGregor is receiving going into their showdown Saturday night, but he has absolutely no problem...
- Eddie Alvarez and Bellator mend fences, book Michael Chandler rematch for PPV
Former Bellator MMA lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez's contract dispute is over, and he's returning to the California-based promotion to face the man who took his title. The rematch with reigning...
- Invicta FC signs strawweight Felice Herrig
Felice Herrig, one of MMA's more outgoing personalities, has signed a multi-fight deal with Invicta Fighting Championships, company officials today announced. Link
- UFC releases Sheila Gaff following TKO loss to Amanda Nunes
Sheila Gaff becomes the first female UFC fighter released from the promotion following her 2nd loss in as many fights. Link
- Bellator institutes 'tournament champion replacement clause' for title fights
While officials don't expect it to use it very often, Bellator MMA has instituted a new rule to dictate which fighters get title shots if tournament winners aren't available. Link
- Bellator Releases Jessica Aguilar and Jessica Eye
Bellator MMA has released strawweight Jessica Aguilar and flyweight Jessica Eye, effectively killing off the women’s side of the sport in the promotion. Link
- Jake Shields vs. Demian Maia targeted for UFC Fight Night 29 in Brazil
A previously reported fall bout between welterweights Jake Shields and Demian Maia appears to have a date. Link
- With final three females released, Bellator issues statement on women's division
Bellator MMA hasn't officially dissolved its women's division. But with no women left on its roster, there may not be a home for those fighters in the promotion any time soon. Word got out on Tuesday...
- WSOF draws its biggest ratings on Saturday night
Saturday night's World Series of Fighting show on NBC Sports, headlined by Tyrone Spong's decision win over Angel DeAnda, did the company's best numbers to date with a 0.23 rating and 264,000...
- Invicta FC champ Cris 'Cyborg' books muay Thai bout at Lion Fight 11
With plenty of buzz about MMA fighters such as Anderson Silva and Quinton Jackson crossing over to box against Roy Jones Jr., there's another crossover that will happen first. Former Strikeforce...
- Four UFC fighters set to compete at ADCC 2013
One of the most prestigious grappling competitions in the world lands in China for the first time on October, and their list of competitors has four fighters currently on the UFC roster. Abu Dhabi...
- Felipe Arantes vs. Kevin Souza official, UFC Fight Night 28 lineup set
With a featherweight bout between Felipe Arantes and Kevin Souza now official, the fight card is set for next month's UFC Fight Night 28 event. Link
- Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida possible... at middleweight
Vitor Belfort and Lyoto Machida could meet in the co-headliner of November's big UFC 167 event, but there's a twist. Link
- UFC 164 loses Yoel Romero vs. Brian Houston, card finalized with 12 bouts
A late replacement will now be a non-replacement after Brian Houston's medical issue has forced him out of this month's UFC 164 event. Link
- Tito Ortiz’ Return to Fighting Will Not Affect His Management of Fighters
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz’ return to fighting will not interfere with his management of other fighters. Link
- Dillashaw/Assuncao re-booked for October 9th
A bantamweight fight between Raphael Assuncao and T.J. Dillashaw has been re-booked for UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Shields. Link
- Mayhem Miller issues an official apology
Following his arrest Sunday on charges of domestic violence, and his subsequent release on bail, Jason Miller has taken to his personal web page to offer fans and loved ones an apology for his...
- UFC contender Fabricio Werdum willing to wait for Velasquez-JDS winner
With three straight wins since his return to the organization, UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum is apparently willing to wait for a title shot he feels he deserves. Link
- Chael Sonnen will apply to referee Weidman vs. Silva 2
Chael Sonnen talks about his UFC Fight Night 26bout against Shogun Rua, switching camps before the fight, juggling being an analyst and a fighter, why he's moving down to middleweight after this...
- Fox Sports 1 will launch with DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable
Fox Sports 1 has struck agreements with three major distributors that will ensure that the new cable network will be available in the majority of pay-TV homes when the network launches this Saturday,...
- Dana White makes Nick Diaz an offer: Lyoto Machida at 185 pounds
OSTON – For now, Nick Diazremains retired. But if he wants to come back, UFC President Dana White has an offer for him: Lyoto Machida in a middleweight contest."I talked to Diaz today, and I made him...
- New "The Ultimate Fighter" cast revealed
The new history-making season of The Ultimate Fighter is only weeks away. But the 32 competitors of the first season to feature women as cast members and coaches have now been revealed in a...
- Faber not just thinking about Alcantara, has sights set on "superfights"
One of the big topics on Urijah Faber's mind right now has nothing to do with his opponent on this weekends UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen card. Link
- King Mo rematches Emanuel Newton for interim light heavyweight title at Bellator PPV event
With Attila Vegh injured, recent light heavyweight tournament winners Muhammed Lawal and Emanuel Newton will fight for the interim LHW championship on the November 2nd PPV. Link
- Dana White: Georges St-Pierre's VADA stance before UFC 167 'a little weird'
BOSTON – Maybe Dana White isn't used to fighters volunteering to foot the bill for things. But he knows one thing when it comes to Georges St-Pierre's insistence on being tested by VADA: "It's a...
- Dana White says UFC won't counter-program Bellator 106 pay-per-view
Don't expect the UFC to cram another show onto its already busy end-of-year schedule to compete with Bellator MMA. Dana White told MMAjunkie.com there will be no counter-programming Bellator 106....
- UFC boss wants to talk to Ben Askren, not pursuing Paul Daley
BOSTON – UFC President Dana White said his promotion may very well be interested in Bellator welterweight champion and current free agent Ben Askren. Controversial British slugger Paul Daley, not so...
- Six fighters removed from UFC roster
With the recent influx of UFC talent it was only a matter of time before a few fighters got released as well. Now it appears that the axe has fallen as six fighters were removed from the UFC.com...
- Dias vs. Damm at UFC Fight Night 29
Hacran Dias and Rodrigo Damm are set to face off in a Brazil vs. Brazil battle at UFC Fight Night 29 in October. Link
- NSAC suspends Brian Bowles nine months, issues $5,700 fine for UFC 160 failure
The Nevada State Athletic Commission today suspended UFC bantamweight Brian Bowles for nine months and fined him 30 percent of his UFC 160 purse for an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E)...
- Dana White on Union and Councilman: “I Don’t Want to Get All into Politics, but It’s Disgusting”
The Culinary Union has been a thorn in UFC president Dana White’s side for quite some time. The Union’s efforts to block the UFC at every turn has been particularly loathsome in New York, where it...
- “Sumo vs. Judo” as Kazuhiro Nakamura Faces Henry Miller in Open Weight Fight at Deep 63 Impact
Deep 63 Impact is set for the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on Aug. 25. It will be headlined by a good old-fashioned “freak show” style match-up, as reigning middleweight champion Kazuhiro Nakamura goes up...
- Reza Madadi Verdict Announced
To Summarize: Reza Madadi is found guilty and sentenced for incarceration for 1 year and 6 months for a “smash and grab” of a luxury storefront in Stockholm. LINK MMAViking.com is at Tingsrätten to...
- UFC event updates: Ireland, South Africa and Maine events in the works
Ireland and South Africa appear to be on the UFC's agenda. And while we're talking far-flung locales, Bangor, Maine, could be in for a show, too. It wouldn't be a Dana White media scrum without a...
- UFC Fight Night 26 weigh-in results: Chael Sonnen, 'Shogun' Rua hit marks
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET) -Mauricio Rua (205) vs. Chael Sonnen (205) -Travis Browne (236) vs. Alistair Overeem (255.5) -Yuri Alcantara (136) vs. Urijah Faber (135.5) -Matt Brown (171) vs....
- Sorry critics: 'Face the Pain' to stay a part of UFC broadcasts
Sorry, nu-metal haters – "Face the Pain" isn't going anywhere. Link
- Ortiz picks Shogun, Varner and others pick Sonnen
Ortiz picks Shogun, Varner and others pick Sonnen - Shamrock quote steals the show! Tito Ortiz (16-11-1, UFC Hall of Fame) - “Chael is a great 185lb fighter but Shogun at 205lbs will out-class him....
- Boston City Council President: 'UFC promotes violence against women, teaches kids how to rape'
Boston City Council President Stephen Murphy isn't a fan of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). In fact, Murphy recently sponsored a petition to have children under age 18 banned from attending any...
- MMA vet Jeff Curran retires following RFA 9 title loss
After 16 years, 41 fights and stints with nearly every major organization of note, Jeff Curran is calling it quits on his MMA career. Link
- If Nick Diaz uninterested, UFC's Tim Kennedy says he'll fight Lyoto Machida
Earlier this week, UFC President Dana White said he offered Nick Diaz a fight against Lyoto Machida. But if Diaz doesn't want to fight the ex-light-heavyweight champ in his middleweight debut, at...
- MFC 38 adds third title fight with Sam Alvey vs. Jason South for 185 belt
Maximum Fighting Championship has added a third title fight to its next card. Sam Alvey will meet unbeaten Jason South for the middleweight strap the same night MFC crowns heavyweight and...
- UFC Fight Night 26 bonuses: Browne, Brown, Sonnen, McDonald, Pickett earn awards
BOSTON – Travis Browne, Matt Brown Chael Sonnen, Michael McDonald and Brad Pickett each earned bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 26 event. Link
- White: UFN 26's Gamburyan vs. Miller bout should've been stopped after first
After a confusing end to the first round, a UFC Fight Night 26 bout between featherweights Manny Gamburyan and Cole Miller went to the scorecards. UFC President Dana White, though, doesn't think it...
- UFC boss says Lyoto Machida vs. Nick Diaz off the table
BOSTON – A proposed fight between ex-light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida and former welterweight champ Nick Diaz isn't happening, contrary to previous indications. Link