- Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson booked for UFC Fight Night event in Manchester
A lightweight matchup and potential slugfest has been added to the UFC's return to England. Link
- Silva still wants superfights with GSP and Jones
Anderson Silva's focus is on Chris Weidman, but the former UFC champion confirms his plans to do the "fight everybody is waiting for." Link
- Jose Aldo hospitalized with kidney stones
UFC’s doctor in Brazil reveals that UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was hospitalized and diagnosed with kidney stones Tuesday. Link
- Barao: Cruz told me he’s returning in February
Dominick Cruz hung out with interim champion Renan Barao in Brazil, revealing to Barao that he plans to fight again in the UFC next year. Link
- Formiga eyes title shot after UFC Fight Night
With the hard work as a hospital courier in the past, Jussier "Formiga" da Silva can now focus only on fighting, and he expects to earn a title shot with a win over Joseph Benavidez in Brazil. Link
- WSOF plans next foe for Fitch
WSOF matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz says Jon Fitch is likely to face the winner of Saturday's Jorge Santiago-Gerald Harris fight. Link
- Indianapolis gets 'TUF 19' tryouts Aug. 27 for middleweights, light heavyweights
Open fighter tryouts for Season 19 of "The Ultimate Fighter" are slated for Aug. 27 in Indianapolis, with 185- and 205-pound fighters invited. Link
- Santiago unhappy with the way the UFC treated him
World Series of Fighting welterweight prospect, Jorge Santiago discusses his desire to be a part of another legendary fight, reminiscent of his battle with Misaki, and speaks out about his treatment...
- Still unlicensed for UFC Fight Night 26, Chael Sonnen awaits commission's ruling
On Thursday, a closed-door meeting of the Massachusetts State Boxing Commission – spurred by a union complaint – will determine whether UFC fighter Chael Sonnen receives a license to fight at UFC...
- After UFC release, Roger Gracie moving stateside, could stay at middleweight
Decorated submission grappler Roger Gracie plans to move from the U.K. to the U.S. to train full-time at Blackhouse MMA in Southern California. Link
- Matt Grice vs. Jeremy Larsen at featherweight added to UFC 166
Matt Grice and Jeremy Larsen are the latest additions to this fall's UFC 166 event. Link
- Josh Rosenthal gets 37 months in federal prison without the possibility of parole
Josh Rosenthal, one of the most recognizable referees in mixed martial arts, was sentenced yesterday to 37 months in federal prison without the possibility of parole after pleading guilty to felony...
- Bellator Inks Three of Rampage Jackson’s Wolfslair Teammates for Season 9
On the heels of MMA icon and Wolfslair alum Quinton “Rampage” Jackson joining Bellator, the promotion announced Wednesday the signing of Gavin Sterritt, Peter Graham, and Linton “The Swarm” Vassell...
- UFC Champ Ronda Rousey in Negotiations to Follow Up Expendables 3 with Fast & Furious 7
When UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey goes after something, she goes full steam ahead. On the heels of Sylvester Stallone’s announcement that Rousey would join the cast of Expendables...
- Erick Silva to face Dong Hyun Kim at UFC Fight Night on October 9 according to coach
Erick Silva and Dong Hyun Kim will meet on October 9 in a bout which will likely launch the winner into the top ten welterweight rankings. Link
- Sicilia out, Edimilson Souza in vs. Felipe Arantes at UFC Fight Night 28
The UFC's next trip to Brazil in a month has seen a change to its preliminary card lineup – again. Sam Sicilia has been forced out against Felipe Arantes at UFC Fight Night 28 and will be replaced by...
- Lyoto Machida and female reporter swap urine samples and drink each other's pee
Former UFC Lyoto Machida went public with his family's practice of drinking their own urine in 2009. In this video he and a female reporter swap urine and both have a taste of each other's pee. Link
- Daniel Cormier: Roy Nelson 'is the most dangerous guy I've ever fought'
Frank Mir, Josh Barnett and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, among others, have got nothing on Roy Nelson. Link
- Korean Zombie also broke orbital bone
Everyone saw Chan Sung Jung dislocate his shoulder in the 4th round of UFC 163 against Jose Aldo, now he's revealed that he also broke his orbital bone. Link
- Jeremy Stephens, Rony Jason agree to fight at UFC Fight Night 29
Jeremy Stephens has a tough challenge ahead as he faces TUF Brazil season 1 winner Rony Jason in "hostile territory" at Brazil’s UFC Fight Night 29, on Oct. 9. Link
- Manager says Chael Sonnen to be licensed for UFC Fight Night 26
Chael Sonnen apparently will be licensed to fight at UFC Fight Night 26, according to his manager Link
- UFC's Mousasi tells Belfort to 'do his job,' offers to fight at multiple weights
Gegard Mousasi believes a matchup with Vitor Belfort is the next logical step in his UFC career. And he says if "The Phenom" isn't willing to take the fight at 185 pounds, then he can pick the weight...
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey says fighting career could be over in two years
UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey does not believe for one second that her upcoming acting roles will distract her from focusing on her fighting career. But Rousey admits she thinks the...
- Urijah Faber: Despite unknown status, Yuri Alcantara 'deserves to fight me'
At one point or another in every fighter's career, they are paired up against a lesser known opponent where they have much more to lose than to gain. Urijah Faber finds himself there now. Link
- Chael Sonnen gets license for UFC Fight Night 26
Chael Sonnen has been cleared to fight against Shogun Rua on Aug. 17 at the TD Garden in Boston, Mass... Link
- Nik Lentz used Fight of the Night bonus money to pay for father's life-saving surgery
The telephone rang on Christmas Eve, as Nik Lentz was headed to a friend's home for a holiday party. He saw the phone number of his manager, Monte Cox, appear on his caller ID. Lentz, a UFC fighter,...
- Korean Zombie also suffered fractured foot during UFC 163 title fight against Jose Aldo
What a trooper. At this point, it would probably be surprising to find out what bones Chan Sung Jung didn't break in his featherweight title fight last weekend (Aug. 3, 2013) against Jose Aldo for...
- Charles Oliveira vs. Estevan Payan added to UFC 166
Featherweights Charles Oliveira and Estevan Payan are the latest additions to this fall's UFC 166 lineup. Link
- Vitor Belfort says TRT makes it fair against his opponent
Belfort has faced heavy criticism since it was revealed that he's been undergoing TRT treatment. Belfort addressed the criticism, saying he's only trying to compete on equal footing. Link
- Paul Taylor returns, meets Anthony Njokuani at UFC Fight Night 30 in Manchester
After what will be a layoff of nearly 33 months, England's Paul Taylor will return to the octagon this October – and will be hoping the third time is the charm for a meeting with Anthony Njokuani....
- NSAC to present Brian Bowles' UFC 160 complaint uncontested at next meeting
The Nevada State Athletic Commission is proceeding with a disciplinary complaint against bantamweight Brian Bowles despite not hearing back from the fighter on his failed drug test. Link
- John Lineker vs. Phil Harris set for October's UFC Fight Night 30 in Manchester
Fresh off his third straight UFC victory, John Lineker has his next flyweight test in front of him, and it's one he already had been preparing for. Link
- Cat Zingano expects to be cleared to return to fighting in February
Undefeated UFC women's bantamweight contender "Alpha" Cat Zingano expects to return to the octagon in six months. Link
- Andrei Arlovski in for injured Anthony Johnson vs. Mike Kyle at WSOF 5
A training injury has forced Anthony Johnson (15-4) to withdraw from World Series of Fighting 5. Johnson's scheduled opponent, Mike Kyle (20-9-1), will now meet ex-UFC champ Andrei Arlovski (30-10)...
- Nelson vs. Mein added to UFC Fight Night in Manchester
Two likely main card fights have been added to UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Munoz, including the return of Icelandic welterweight prospect Gunnar Nelson. Link
- UFC 163 drug tests come back clean
Drug tests at UFC 163 came back clean, according to the Brazilian Athletic Commission (CABMMA), which oversaw the event. Link
- Kenny Robertson out, Elias Silverio in vs. Joao Zeferino at UFC Fight Night 28
Welterweight Kenny Robertson has been forced to withdraw from UFC Fight Night 28 and Elias Silverio has been tapped to meet Joao Zeferino on the event's preliminary card on Sept. 4 in Brazil. Link
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa added to UFC Fight Night 30
A light heavyweight matchup that should provide fireworks is on tap for UFC Fight Night 30. Jimi Manuwa (13-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Ryan Jimmo (18-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) are the latest additions to the card,...
- Lew Polley just misses Light Heavyweight limit ... by 32 pounds
Lew Polley is a self-described personal cook and trainer. That didn't help him as he came in 32 pounds overweight for his World Series of Fight 4 bout against Hans Stringer. Link
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira bashes Chael Sonnen, wants rematch with Shogun Rua
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira was set to rematch Shogun Rua on June 15, but he was pulled out of UFC 161 with a back injury. Slowly returning to training, he eyes the winner of the main event for next...
- Jimy Hettes vs. Mike Wilkinson added to UFC Fight Night 30 in Manchester
The UFC's October return to England now has a featherweight fight as part of the lineup with both fighters looking to rebound from their first losses. Link
- John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague signed for UFC 166
A big flyweight bout is lined up for UFC 166, as John Dodson welcomes Darrell Montague to the big time. Link
- Bellator's War Machine apologizes for rape tweets
Bellator welterweight War Machine took to twitter to apologize for tweets he made earlier in the day inferring that he 'raped' his girlfriend Christy Mack. Link
- Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney issues statement on War Machine's 'real men rape' tweet
Bellator's CEO issues a statement following War Machine's tweets joking about "raping" his girlfriend and stating that "real men rape." Link
- After UFC release, Tim Means to fight Pete Spratt in Legacy FC 23 headliner
Following a pair of losses to notable lightweights and his subsequent UFC release, Tim Means has agreed to fight Pete Spratt next month at Legacy FC 23. Link
- Jose Aldo doubts Randy Couture was 'always clean'
UFC's featherweight kingpin Jose Aldo believes testosterone replacement therapy is fair, and he would use it if needed. Link
- Georges St. Pierre paying for Vada testing out of pocket
Georges St. Pierre has revealed that he will be paying for VADA testing for the UFC 167 main event out of his own pocket, in an attempt to silence critics and maintain the integrity of the sport....
- After WSOF weigh-in debacle, Lew Polley heads to heavyweight for Friday's RFA 9
After badly missing weight for World Series of Fighting 4 this past weekend and ultimately being cut from the promotion, Lew Polley will be back in action this week – as a heavyweight. Polley (12-4)...
- Adidas targets MMA, teams up with RFA feeder league
Adidas, one of the world's largest sporting apparel and accessories companies, is entering the world of mixed martial arts. Link
- As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, so do serious carriage problems
As Speed's move to Fox Sports 1 looms, so do serious carriage problems It's a NASCAR article, the title caught my eye though, it's relevant to people looking to actually watch Fox Sports One on...