- Twelve-bout lineup set for September's 'UFC Fight Night 28: Teixeira vs. Bader'
September's 12-bout lineup for "UFC Fight Night 28: Teixeira vs. Bader" event is complete, and current plans call for a six-fight main card in support of the night's Glover Teixeira (21-2 MMA, 4-0...
- Korean Zombie Was Surprised to Get UFC 163 Title Shot, but Happy He Did
"The Korean Zombie," Chan-Sung Jung, was surprised when he was named Anthony Pettis' replacement to face featherweight champion Jose Aldo at UFC 163, but is happy for the… Link
- Machida: Teixeira is the man to beat Jones
Ex-UFC Light Heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida tells Fight Hub TV that he thinks Glover Teixeira is the man to someday beat Jon Jones. Link
- Flyweight Chad Robichaux signs with WSOF
Former Bellator and Strikeforce fighter Chad Robichaux has signed a multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting. Link
- Francis Carmont meets Constantinos Philippou at UFC 165 in Toronto
Francis Carmont will put his 10-fight win streak at risk against a Top 10 middleweight in September. Carmont (21-7 MMA, 5-0 UFC) will meet Constantinos Philippou (12-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) at UFC 165 this...
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Rustam Khabilov set for November UFC on FOX Sports 1 card
That didn't take long. Jorge Masvidal moved to 2-0 in the UFC on Saturday, and he's already got his next assignment. Masvidal (25-7 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has been booked for a lightweight fight against...
- Demian Maia and Jake Shields Agree to UFC Welterweight Showdown
Brazilian welterweight Demian Maia was supposed to be fighting on this weekend’s UFC 163: Aldo vs. Korean Zombie fight card in Rio de Janeiro, but had the fight yanked out from under him when Josh...
- With Kennedy fight dead, UFC's Belfort interested in Sonnen fight
A potential bout with middleweight contender Vitor Belfort is now dead, according to Tim Kennedy. However, one notable is interested in fighting the Brazilian. Link
- Alan Belcher to move up to light heavyweight
Some 185er's in the UFC like Wanderlei Silva have decided that they don't want to cut that much weight and will fight at 205 instead. The latest middleweight to make that decision is Alan Belcher....
- Ronda Rousey on media attention: 'I word things more colorfully than others'
Even with their media exposure, Ronda Rousey takes pleasure in getting one over on her rival Miesha Tate. The UFC women's bantamweight champion said an ESPN story on female athletes and breasts...
- Tito Ortiz signs with Bellator, meets 'Rampage' Jackson on pay-per-view Nov. 2
It had all the makings of a pro wrestling callout, but regardless of what it looked like, Tito Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has returned from retirement – and will fight Quinton Jackson (32-11 MMA,...
- Dana White wants Rory MacDonald to face Robbie Lawler next
Just a few days following UFC on Fox 8, Dana already has plans for the two main card Welterweights. Link
- Vitor Belfort Declines Any UFC Non-Title Fight at Middleweight; Dana White Offers Rashad Evans
UFC president Dana White is prepared to take Vitor Belfort up on his offer to fight at light heavyweight, offering up Blackzilian teammate Rashad Evans as a candidate. Link
- Bellator 97 Results: Michael Chandler and Ben Askren Defend Belts, King Mo Earns Title Shot
Bellator 97 took place Wednesday night at the Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho, N.M., just outside of Albuquerque. It proved to be one of the biggest nights in the company’s history. Bellator...
- UFC 163's 'Korean Zombie' says nickname a blessing and curse
The posters advertising UFC 163 make it tough to tell if you're about to watch a professional MMA fight or a monster movie. "World Featherweight Championship," it says at the very top. "Aldo vs....
- UFC signs alleged neo-Nazi Benjamin Brinsa
The UFC's signing of undefeated German fighter Benjamin Brinsa has created controversy due to Brinsa's alleged neo-nazi activities and affiliations. Link
- Welterweights Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger added to UFC 166
A welterweight matchup between Adlan Amagov and T.J. Waldburger has been added to the UFC 166 fight card. Link
- Geronimo dos Santos medically cleared of hep B, still under UFC contract
RIO DE JANEIRO – Geronimo dos Santos has been medically cleared and is expected to soon return to the UFC. Link
- Cain Velasquez skips out on final leg of UFC World Tour 2013
RIO DE JANEIRO – The UFC's ambitious World Tour 2013 wraps up Friday in Rio de Janeiro, but one famous face will be missing from the announced lineup. Link
- Rashad Evans won't fight Vitor Belfort
Former UFC light heavyweight championRashad Evans told ESPN.com on Thursday that he will not fight middleweight contender Vitor Belfort or any other teammate. Link
- Tim Kennedy wants Wanderlei, apprehensive about fighting Belfort in Brazil
After a dominating performance over Roger Gracie at UFC 162, Tim Kennedy is looking to put his Strikeforce past behind him in favor of more well-established MMA veterans. Link
- Tito Ortiz Makes Surprise TNA Wrestling Appearance, Joins Rampage Jackson on Impact
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz followed friend and former trainer partner Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s footsteps all the way to Bellator MMA, but he didn’t stop there. Just like Rampage, Ortiz also made...
- In a nation of legends, UFC 163's Jose Aldo is the people's champion
It takes a small army of security personnel to usher Jose Aldo into the van that awaits the UFC's featherweight titleholder. Along the way, he answers as many reporters' questions as possible, smiles...
- UFC 163 to feature Jhenny Andrade as newest Brazilian octagon girl
RIO DE JANEIRO – Twenty-five-year-old Sao Paulo native Jhenny Andrade is the newest addition to the UFC's roster of octagon girls. Link
- ONE FC 10 lineup finalized with Caros Fodor vs. Yang Seung Ho
The fight card is set for next month's "ONE FC 10: Champions and Warriors" event, and a former Strikeforce contender has joined the lineup. Link
- Machida: UFC pressured Silva into Weidman rematch
Lyoto Machida believes the UFC pressured his training partner and friend Anderson Silva into rematching Chris Weidman at UFC 168. Link
- Boston Official Wants Ban on Anyone Under 18 Attending UFC Matches
On August 14, Boston will have an “Ultimate Fighting Champion Homecoming,” and celebrate the return of the sport to the city. But a team of parents, doctors, and city officials are trying to put the...
- UFC 163's Bristol Marunde: Full training camp is a luxury I can only now afford
There are certain risks involved with taking a fight on short notice, and UFC middleweight Bristol Marunde knows them as well as anyone. Over the past two years, Marunde has had the opportunity to...
- Ben Askren Officially a Restricted Free Agent
It looks like another Bellator champion is on the market after completing his contract, following in the footsteps of Hector Lombard and Eddie Alvarez. According to CEO Bjorn Rebney, welterweight...
- BT Sport launches to customer complaints, UFC loses 3.8 million UK Virgin TV customer base
BT Sport launched in the UK yesterday with a one day Freeview event to give potential new customers a taste of what they can expect with a full subscription. The day peaked with a 1.21% share (some...
- Munoz vs. Bisping confirmed for Oct. 26 UFC Fight Night event in Manchester
A previously reported middleweight headliner between Michael Bisping and Mark Munoz is now official for an Oct. 26 UFC event. Link
- Perosh, Moraes, McCall, and Santos take home $50K bonuses
These four fighters took home the Fight Night bonuses from UFC 163 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Link
- Glover Teixeira gets next 205 title shot with win
With Lyoto Machida out of the light heavyweight title picture, a path has been cleared for Glover Teixeira. Link
- Aldo injured foot in win over Jung
There was a reason why Jose Aldo Jr.'s win over Chan Sung Jung lacked his trademark low kicks: Aldo suffered a foot injury early in the fight. Link
- Brandon Vera: 'F*** you Brian Stann'
UFC fighter Brandon Vera was not impressed with Brian Stann's color commentary during the UFC 163 co-main event bout featuring Vera's teammate Phil Davis. Link
- Vinny reportedly leaves gloves behind in octagon
UFC light heavyweight, Vinny Magalhaes was reported to have left his gloves behind in the octagon immediately following his upset loss to Anthony Perosh. Link
- George Roop vs. Francisco Rivera joins stacked UFC 166 lineup
One of the year's deepest cards has another solid addition as bantamweight George Roop meets Francisco Rivera at UFC 166. Link
- Brian Houston replaces Derek Brunson, meets Yoel Romero at UFC 164
This month's UFC 164 fight card has a late change as UFC newcomer Brian Houston has replaced injured middleweight Derek Brunson. Link
- Mills-Petrescu, Long-Maguire, among additions to Cage Warriors 59
Cage Warriors continues to fill out the card for its September return to Wales with the addition of four fights, including UFC vet Che Mills vs. Valentino Petrescu and Lewis Long vs. "TUF" vet Tommy...
- Roland Delorme vs. Alex Caceres joins UFC 165 as event's 13th fight
Bantamweights Roland Delorme and Alex Caceres will meet at next month's UFC 165 event in the show's 13th matchup. Link
- UFC decides not to renew Roger Gracie's contract, making him a free agent
Roger Gracie's first UFC fight doubles as his last. The middleweight's contract was not renewed after his loss to Tim Kennedy at UFC 162. Link
- Paul Daley Signs A multifight Deal with BAMMA
Paul Daley will be fighting for a familiar promotion in the near future, but it won't be the UFC. "Semtex" has signed a new three-fight contract with the European-based BAMMA, Daley's manager Wad...
- Sara McMann out vs. Sarah Kaufman at UFC Fight Night 27, replacement sought
UFC women's bantamweight Sara McMann has withdrawn from UFC Fight Night 27 and the UFC currently is seeking a replacement opponent for Sarah Kaufman for the Aug. 28 show in Indianapolis. Link
- Keon Caldwell camp worried WSOF favoring Nick Newell for spot in tournament
A press release issued this past week by World Series of Fighting announced an upcoming lightweight tournament to crown its first champion at 155 pounds. Nick Newell's name was mentioned. Keon...
- Concerned by dull fights, promoter offers finish bonuses at CFA 12
Championship Fighting Alliance is giving fighters an extra check to finish their bouts at his next event. Promoter Jorge de la Noval believes MMA has gotten too safe and said fighters who finish will...
- UFC 163 Medical Suspensions: Jose Aldo and Chan Sung Jung Get Extensive Suspensions
The Brazilian Athletic Commission (CABMMA) on Monday released the UFC 163: Aldo vs. Korean Zombie medical suspensions to MMAWeekly.com. Link
- Bellator boss Bjorn Rebney gets wish with 'Rampage'-Ortiz pay-per-view
Bjorn Rebney had a holy grail of MMA. He went after it, and in November he'll make it a reality. That's when the Bellator MMA CEO will cross two things off his bucket list: Seeing a fight between...
- Bellator plans multiple title fights as undercard of 'Rampage'-Ortiz pay-per-view
With Bellator MMA's first pay-per-view venture featuring a pair of headliners who never have fought for the promotion before, its champions apparently don't need to worry about being left out in the...
- Florida stops MMA bout between fighters with Down's syndrome and cerebral palsy
Aspiring MMA fighters Garrett Holeve, who has Down's syndrome, and David Steffin, who's got cerebral palsy, were set to fight Friday on an Indian Casino but the state of Florida stepped in and...
- Fuel TV Re-Brands as Fox Sports 2, Launches Alongside Fox Sports 1; Will Still Feature UFC
It’s been one of the worst kept secrets in TV land, but Fuel TV is officially going to get the re-branding treatment on Aug. 17. Link