- If Rory MacDonald gets past Jake Ellenberger, he faces his toughest decision
Ever since the then 21-year-old Rory MacDonald threw around Nate Diaz before 55,000 fans at the Rogers Centre in Toronto en route to a unanimous decision win, people have labeled him as the next...
- Stephan Bonnar calls out Tito Ortiz for recent remarks
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz recently made some derogatory statements in regards to Stephan Bonnar being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. In this short video just before the induction, Bonnar...
- Renzo Gracie teases potential return to fighting – with UFC or ONE FC
Working out with Frankie Edgar and Roger Gracie has Renzo Gracie thinking about a return to the cage. Link
- Roy Nelson's new UFC contract a long-term deal
If he fulfills it, Roy Nelson's new UFC contract should keep him with the promotion for at least three years. Link
- Rory MacDonald trainer dismisses rumor fighter distancing himself from St-Pierre
Rory MacDonald could find himself on the cusp of a title shot with a win on Saturday – and that could complicate things with his teammate, champ Georges St-Pierre. But their trainer shot down a rumor...
- Brian Melancon replaces Paulo Thiago, meets Kevin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night 27
Less than three weeks after pulling off an upset in his UFC debut, Brian Melancon knows when he'll be going back to work. He'll meet Kevin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night 27 next month in Indianapolis....
- 'King Mo' calls Semmy Schilt the greatest all-around fighter of all time
'King Mo' calls Semmy Schilt the greatest all-around fighter of all time.
- Chael Sonnen reveals new UFC deal, new training home, future at 185
Just a few weeks after letting the world know his UFC deal had expired, Chael Sonnen has a new contract. And a new training base. And perhaps a return to his former weight class. Link
- Recently Retired Fighter Brian Stann Takes Over Joe Rogan’s Duties at UFC 163
Recently retired UFC fighter Brian Stann is already edging his way into the broadcast booth, taking over color commentary duties for Joe Rogan at UFC 163. Link
- Rockhold vs. Boetsch added to Texas event
Luke Rockhold will battle Tim Boetsch at UFC 166 in Houston, Texas. Link
- Davis, Alessio, Clementi among 155 tourney field at Bellator 101 in Portland
Bellator will open its Season 9 lightweight tournament in September with a field of eight fighters who have combined for 172 career victories – and one who will come out of retirement. Link
- Local favorite Shawn Jordan agrees to fight Gabriel Gonzaga in UFC 166
Heavyweight knockout artists Shawn "The Savage" Jordan and Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga have verbally agreed to fight at UFC 166 on Saturday, October 19, at the Toyota Center in Houston. Jordan, a former...
- KJ Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos booked for UFC 166
A potential "loser gets cut" bout between lightweights KJ Noons and George Sotiropoulos is official for UFC 166 in Houston. Link
- Washington commission: No TUEs filed for UFC on FOX 8
None of the 24 fighters competing at Saturday's UFC on FOX 8 card applied for therapeutic use exemptions, MMAjunkie.com has learned. Link
- Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva Expected to Square Off at UFC Fight Night 29 in Brazil
Matt Hamill and Thiago Silva will square off in a light heavyweight bout on Oct. 9 in Brazil. Link
- UFC 163 Fighter Ian McCall: “I’ve Kind of Blown My UFC Career So Far”
When former Tachi Palace Fights flyweight champion Ian McCall inked a deal with the UFC in late 2011, he had high expectations. He entered the 2012 UFC Flyweight Tournament to determine the inaugural...
- Frustrated Costa Philippou still waiting for first fight of 2013: ‘Just give me somebody'
Costa Philippou fought seven times over the past two years, so he's used to keeping a busy schedule. But the middleweight has yet to step foot into the cage in 2013, and despite the UFC's hectic...
- Tate: No way in hell I'd let Winslow ref me again
Ultimate Fighter coach and UFC title contender Miesha Tate is still angry about what Kim Winslow's quick stoppage of her fight against Cat Zingano and she rips the ref in a new interview. Link
- 'ONE FC 10: Kojima vs. Leone' adds Vincent Latoel vs. Willy Ni, other bouts
Next month's "ONE FC 10: Kojima vs. Leone" event has three new additions. Link
- Trying to Avoid Gym Politics, Nate Marquardt, Cat Zingano, Others Form Elevation Fight Team
Some of Colorado’s top fighters such as Cat Zingano, Brandon Thatch, and Nate Marquardt recently joined with TUF 16 Team Carwin coach Liester Bowling to form the Elevation Fight Team. Link
- 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Roy Jones Jr. boxing bout targeted for year-end PPV
'Rampage' Jackson vs. Roy Jones Jr. boxing bout targeted for year-end PPV.
- Ready for this? Rampage vs Roy Jones Jr Boxing PPV planned to go head to head with UFC 168
Viacom is expected to announce plans to go head-to-head with pay-per-view juggernaut Zuffa LLC and its UFC 168 offering at next week's Bellator 97 event on Spike TV. An unveiling of Bellator fighter...
- Aldo vs Jung Interviews
Chan Sung Jung... Good interview with the Korean Zombie http://cormma.com/korean-zombie-im-not-planning-to-be-defensive-standing-or-on-the-ground-my-goal-is-to-finish-jose-aldo/...
- Paul Daley, Maiquel Falcao released by Bellator MMA
Paul Daley and Maiquel Falcao are no longer under contract with Bellator. Today, the promotion suddenly announced a decision to release the welterweight and middleweight fighters, who've both landed...
- UFC Lightweight Jorge Masvidal plans to complain to the commission about Michael Chiesa's beard
UFC Lightweight Jorge Masvidal plans to file a complaint objecting to his opponent Micheal Chiesa's beard. Link
- Tim Kennedy says he's fighting Vitor Belfort on upcoming UFC show in Brazil
Tim Kennedy says he's fighting Vitor Belfort on upcoming UFC show in Brazil.
- Brazilian phenom Goiti Yamauchi debuts at Bellator 99
Brazilian phenom Goiti Yamauchi, a 20-year-old who already boasts a 14-1 pro MMA record, will make his Bellator debut on Sept. 13 at Bellator 99. Link
- Referee Herb Dean draws double duty in UFC on FOX 8 main and co-main events
SEATTLE – Veteran referee Herb Dean will oversee the two top-billed fights at UFC on FOX 8 and has been tapped to handle both Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga and Jake Ellenberger vs. Rory...
- Report: Vitor refuses to fight Kennedy (or anyone) at 185 Pounds.
The UFC plans to schedule a fight between Vitor Belfort and American Tim Kennedy for the middleweight (84kg) went downhill. The wife and manager of Brazilian Joana Prado, who on Thursday received a...
- UFC prez on Tito Ortiz's rumored comeback: 'Obviously, Tito needs money'
UFC President Dana White isn't exactly waiting with open arms if Tito Ortiz decides to come out of retirement. In fact, he's pretty much the opposite of a cheerleader when it comes to the UFC Hall of...
- Nine-time UFC veteran Aaron Riley retires following UFC on FOX 8 loss
After 16 years as a professional mixed martial artist, Aaron Riley (30-14-1 MMA, 3-6 UFC) has decided to call it a career. The 32-year-old announced his intentions via Twitter following a UFC on FOX...
- Dana White rips Viacom/Bellator: 'They have no f--- clue what they're doing'
With Bellator's ratings on Spike TV taking a dip in recent weeks, UFC president Dana White is responding like a shark smelling blood. The recent news that Bellator is considering having Quinton...
- UFC on FOX 8 bonus winner Melvin Guillard wants to fight in Houston at UFC 166
SEATTLE – UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard wanted to send a message by beating Mac Danzig at UFC on FOX 8. That done, now he wants to fight in his former hometown of Houston in October. Link
- Mayhem wants UFC boycott, says Dana has killed MMA
Jason "Mayhem" Miller wants MMA fans to boycott the UFC, saying that the promotion -- and Dana White -- has killed the sport. Link
- With a win over Rousey, UFC's Miesha Tate would want 'Cyborg' to drop to 135
Miesha Tate must first see whether she's able to avenge a gruesome submission loss to now-UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who took her Strikeforce belt and set the stage for for her rise to...
- Michael Bisping 'I know I'd definitely take care of Dan Henderson now'
UFC middleweight star, Michael Bisping discusses the rumors of a fight with Mark Munoz, avenging losses, the severity of his injury, commentary deal and much more in this interview exclusive. Link
- Paul Daley open to UFC return after president Dana White expresses doubts
Paul Daley is ready and willing to return to the UFC. Whether Dana White is on the same page is another matter. Link
- ABC to recommend new MMA language for downed fighters
The concept of what constitutes a downed fighter could change following this week's meeting of the Association of Boxing Commissions. Link
- Russian Rumour: Edson Barboza's camp have refused the proposed fight with Rustam Khabilov and have asked for a new opponent.
Multiple Russian sites are reporting that Edson Barboza's camp have refused the proposed fight with Rustam Khabilov and have asked the UFC for a new opponent. LINK
- Brock Lesnar: Very Close To Resigning With UFC
According to this article, Dana intentionally mislead media and the WWE, about Brock and his last meeting regarding rejoining the UFC. Link
- Biogenesis PED scandal brings dread for UFC brass
UFC President Dana White is hoping none of the fighters under contract with the promotion is linked to the Biogenesis scandal. "It's just another f---king headache I don't need," he said. Link
- Dana White lauds 'more grown-up' Robbie Lawler after UFC on FOX 8 head-kick win
It's only been two fights, but it's hard to argue when Dana White talks about the old Robbie Lawler vs. the new Robbie Lawler. Link
- Rory MacDonald Would Fight Georges St-Pierre, and St-Pierre Knows It Says Dana White
There’s no questioning that Rory MacDonald andJake Ellenberger are two of the top welterweight fighters in the world. They’re also the top two UFC 170-pounders that haven’t fought or aren’t scheduled...
- Larceny charges against UFC fighter Reza Madadi approved, trial date set
Our friends at Swedish combat sports portal Kimura.se have reported that prosecutors in the Scandinavian nation have officially charged UFC fighter Reza Madadi with larceny. This is related to his...
- Commissions to consider allowing some knees & kicks to downed opponents
The Association of Boxing Commissions will consider a revision of the unified rules of mixed martial arts that would give referees the discretion to allow knees and kicks to the head of a downed...
- Ronda Rousey says only diehard fans care about a Cyborg bout
UFC Women's Bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey isn't putting a bout against Cris Cyborg at the top of her to-do list. Link
- Jared Papazian replaces Joe Murphy, fights friend John Robles at WSOF 4
Former UFC fighter Jared Papazian has replaced injured bantamweight Joe Murphy and now fights his friend John Robles next week at World Series of Fighting 4. Link
- Georges St. Pierre: MacDonald 'fought a great fight', Ellenberger to blame for not opening up
UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, who is teammates with UFC on Fox 8 victor Rory MacDonald, praised his performance while panning his opponent, Jake Ellenberger. Link
- UFC 167's Johny Hendricks: When I'm in there, my goal is to break someone's jaw
Johny Hendricks has a very simple plan for upsettingGeorges St-Pierre and earning the UFC's welterweight title. The challenger plans on walking through the champ's vaunted jab before launching a...
- Jan Blachowicz explains WSOF split, says promotion reneged on initial contract
Polish fighter Jan Blachowicz says that he had a one fight deal to face Anthony Johnson, but after signing the deal, the promotion "changed their mind" and attempted to force him to sign a four-fight...