- Next UFC Fight for the Troops Event Targeted for November 6
The Ultimate Fighting Championship will likely promote its next UFC Fight for the Troops event in November.. Link
- UFC 162 Weigh In Results - Silva vs Weidman
UFC 162 ‘Silva vs. Weidman’ Weigh-In Results: Anderson Silva (184) vs. Chris Weidman (185) Frankie Edgar (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (144) Tim Kennedy (186) vs. Roger Gracie (186) Mark Munoz (185) vs....
- UFC 162 bonuses: Weidman, Swanson, Siver, Edgar, Oliveira earn honors
LAS VEGAS – Chris Weidman, Cub Swanson, Dennis Siver, Frankie Edgar and Charles Oliveira each earned bonuses, believed to be $50,000 each, for their performances at Saturday's UFC 162 event. Link
- GSP invites Hendricks to do VADA drug testing
UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says he is willing to subscribe to Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) drug testing in order to clean up the sport of mixed martial arts and send a message...
- Anderson Silva Pulls Back on Declining Rematch, Wants Time to Ponder Future
Although Anderson Silva shunned initial ideas of an immediate rematch after losing his belt to Chris Weidman at UFC 162, he now wants to take a step back. Link
- With superfights now scrapped, UFC boss insists Weidman vs. Silva II up next
LAS VEGAS – Chris Weidman promised to ruin the UFC's plans for a superfight, and he made good on his end of the bargain. And while Anderson Silva doesn't seem interested in a rematch, UFC President...
- Even in defeat, ex-UFC champ Anderson Silva still holds all the card
The way it normally works in the fight business, the person who gets knocked out shows up at the press conference later, trying to convince the promoter, the media and the fans that he deserves a...
- UFC 162 salaries: Chris Weidman gets $48K, ex-champ Anderson Silva paid $600K
It pays to be the champ. Or at least, it used to. New UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman earned a disclosed payday of $48,000 for his weekend win over Anderson Silva. The ex-champ, meanwhile,...
- Ex UFC and current Bellator fighter involved in altercation, friend hospitalised
Link (to liveleak, so nsfw) According to Band Santa Catarina, Renovacao Fight Team featherweight prospect and training partner to former Bellator tournament champion Maiquel Falcao, Kaue Mena, is in...
- Dana wants Silva-Weidman 2 at UFC 168
The UFC president is considering moving Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate to Super Bowl weekend so he can feature the year's biggest rematch on New Year's Eve weekend at UFC 168. Link
- Leben granted TUE for painkiller substitute
The Nevada State Athletic Commission granted UFC Middleweight Chris Leben a therapeutic use exemption for a prescription opioid medication for his UFC 162 bout with Andrew Craig. Link
- Ref Herb Dean was unsure if Anderson Silva was faking or unconscious at UFC 162
Veteran referee Herb Dean had refereed four Anderson Silva fights prior to UFC 162 and seen others cageside. So when Silva began to clown Chris Weidman in the main event of this past Saturday's...
- UFC 162 medical suspensions: Tokudome, Siver, Mitchell draw longest terms
Following a hard-fought, three-round affair with Norman Parke, Japanese lightweight Kazuki Tokudome drew a six-month medical suspension, making him the lone fighter to draw such a term at this past...
- UFC featherweight Jeremy Stephens reaches plea on assault, burglary charges
UFC featherweight Jeremy Stephens can continue with his MMA career after making a plea bargain on charges of felony assault and burglary. Link
- Paul Buentello headlines Legacy FC 22 in Lubbock, Texas
Texas native Paul Buentello will try to make it four straight when he headlines Legacy FC 22 in front of his home crowd later this summer. Buentello (32-15) meets Marcus Sursa (12-8) in a light...
- Signal to Noise: UFC 162's best and worst
There was much to love and hate about UFC 162. The successful return of Frankie Edgar was a welcome sight, but the languid performance of Chris Leben and the odd reaction of some Anderson Silva fans...
- Fortunes changed for five at UFC 162
When Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche headlined UFC 157 on Feb. 23, the feeling in the building going in is that we were going to see one of the most historically significant nights in MMA history. The...
- Jon Jones on Anderson Silva: 'He got disrespectful, war gods made him pay'
Jon Jones on Anderson Silva: 'He got disrespectful, war gods made him pay' UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones was openly critical of recently deposed middleweight champ Anderson Silva during a...
- Ronda Rousey: Other WMMA fighters 'haven't really given me very many props' for growth in the sport
Ronda Rousey thinks that it would be nice if the current crop of WMMA fighters would give her props for her role in their being able to make a money by fighting in the UFC. Link
- Bellator 96 fighter Steven Artoff tests positive for marijuana
This past month's Bellator 96 in Thackerville, Okla., appears to have produced the tournament-based promotion's first positive drug test. Link
- With Siver dispatched, UFC 162's Cub Swanson wants title shot – or Lamas rematch
Cub Swanson just keeps on doing work, and not he wouldn't mind a little reward. He's got a couple in mind, in case the UFC is listening. Why not give him the next title shot? And in lieu of that, how...
- Silva opens as favorite over Weidman for rematch
The bout hasn't been booked yet, but Anderson Silva has already opened as a small favorite over the man that just took his UFC middleweight title, Chris Weidman. Link
- Bellator 97 fight card set with Chandler vs. Rickels and Askren vs. Koreschkov
Bellator returns Jul. 31 with a pair of title fights as Michael Chandler faces David Rickels while Ben Askren takes on Andrey Koreschkov. Link
- Anderson Silva wants to rematch Chris Weidman in February 2014
In the post-fight interview following his first ever UFC loss Anderson Silva said he wasn't looking to redeem himself against the man who took his belt. Only a few days later, it looks like he's...
- Pete Spratt-Danny Salinas, Leonard Garcia-Nick Gonzalez top Legacy FC 23 card
A pair of UFC veterans will headline Legacy Fighting Championship's September return to San Antonio. Pete Spratt meets Danny Salinas in a welterweight bout, at Legacy FC 23, while Leonard Garcia...
- Anderson Silva already 2-to-1 favorite over Chris Weidman in potential rematch
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva already is a 2-to-1 favorite over the man who just took his title, Chris Weidman, should a potential rematch happen. Link
- Liddell: 'Don't complain to me about fighter pay'
Chuck Liddell talks about his job and the recent complaints of low pay from current UFC fighters. Link
- WSOF 4 card now complete with five prelims, including Lew Polley-Hans Stringer
With the official addition of four fights to the preliminary card, the next World Series of Fighting lineup is complete. Included among the fights is a new bout between Reign MMA's Lew Polley and...
- Bellator's Maiquel Falcao, Kaue Mena kicked off Renovacao Fight Team
Following a public brawl caught on tape, Bellator middleweight Maiquel Falcao and undefeated featherweight Kaue Mena have been kicked off their MMA team. Link
- Pettis vs Thomson?
Anthony Pettis was supposed to be dropping to featherweight to challenge champion Jose Aldo for his title, but an injury put a stop to that. It appears now that Pettis will be staying at lightweight,...
- Andy Ogle out, Conor McGregor fights Max Holloway at UFC on Fox Sports 1 in Boston
Another change has been made to the UFC's debut card on Fox Sports 1, as featherweight Conor McGregor now fights Max Holloway on August 17th. Link
- After knockout win at UFC 162, Mike Pierce targets Jake Shields
Mike Pierce said he drew motivation from a meeting at UFC 162 where fighters were told they should wow fans if they wanted to be paid and placed better in the promotion. He believes he did just that...
- UFC's Brian Stann added to FOX Sports South's ACC football crew
UFC middleweight Brian Stann has been spending plenty of time in television studios lately, and his on-camera work will continue this fall – just not breaking down fights. Stann will be part of the...
- Chael Sonnen says contract expired, offers list of demands for new UFC deal
We've heard this bit from Chael Sonnen (27-13-1 MMA, 6-6 UFC) before, but if the self-proclaimed "Gangster from West Linn, Oregon" is to be believed, he's waiting to sign a new contract before his...
- Tito Ortiz Comeback??
Tito is dropping some hints.... full article For example, from Twitter: Fighting is starting to sound fun again. ??????#Peopleschamp #comeback #Positive body is almost healed. @Punishment99 @ufc...
- Matt Mitrione injured, Mitrione vs. Schaub off UFC on FOX 8 card
The heavyweight fight, which was scheduled to take place July 27 at UFC on FOX 8, has been pulled from the card after Mitrione suffered an injury in training, according to sources close to the fight....
- Chael Sonnen Says His UFC 159 Fight with Jon Jones Was Stopped Early
UFC fighter Chael Sonnen says his UFC 159 fight with light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was stopped early. Link
- With Charmaine Tweet out, Ediane Gomes meets Tamikka Brents at Invicta FC 6
Just three days before its next event, Invicta Fighting Championships has seen another change to its card. Visa issues will force Canadian fighter Charmaine Tweet (4-3) out of her featherweight fight...
- Nick Diaz pays final installment of UFC 143 fine, CSAC awaits WAR MMA paperwork
Nick Diaz is settled up with the Nevada State Athletic Commission but still owes California following his first venture as an MMA promoter. Diaz recently paid $19,500 to the NSAC in the third and...
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura added to September's UFC 165 event
A bantamweight matchup between top Canadian prospect Mitch Gagnon and undefeated American Dustin Kimura has been added to September's UFC 165 event. Link
- UFC veteran Brian Stann announces his retirement from MMA
Longtime middleweight and light heavyweight Brian Stann has announced his retirement from MMA today. Link
- Siyar Bahadurzada injured, Lawler vs. Voelker set for UFC on FOX 8
UFC Tonight ?@UFCTonight 16m #BREAKING: FOX 8 main card WW fighter @SiyarTheGreat is injured. @MMA_Voelker will step in to fight @Ruthless_RL on July 27th in Seattle. https://twitter.com/UFCTonight
- 3rd Injury in One Day for the UFC on FOX 8 Card. Green out, Means in against Castillo
Mitrione out Bahadurzada out Now Greens UFC Tonight ?@UFCTonight 10m #BREAKING: We've got another injury on our hands. @BobbyKGreen is out of his FOX 8 fight. @MeansTim will step in to fight...
- Bobby Green injured, Tim Means vs. Danny Castillo set for UFC on Fox 8
(duplicate please delete) Today's third change to this month's UFC on FOX 8 event sees a shake-up in a lightweight fight, as Tim Means replaces an injured Bobby Green and now meets Danny Castillo....
- Josh Thomson And Anthony Pettis Bicker On Twitter
Things are starting to get heated between Josh Thomson and Anthony Pettis. Thomson tweeted that he was hoping to get a fight against Pettis after speaking with UFC President Dana White, the two then...
- Daron Cruickshank replaces Spencer Fisher, meets Yves Edwards at UFC on FOX 8
"The Ultimate Fighter 15" cast member Daron Cruickshank (12-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has stepped in to replace and injured Spencer Fisher (24-9 MMA, 9-8 UFC) and now meets Yves Edwards (42-19-1 MMA, 10-7 UFC)...
- Gaming board shoots down rumored $1M bet on Weidman
A rumor of a suspicious bet that has proliferated since the hours after Anderson Silva's knockout loss has been shot down by the agency tasked with investigating gaming activity in Las Vegas. Link
- Invicta FC 6's Bec Hyatt: Fight with Mizuki Inoue hard to promote
If you read MMA websites and forums, you know who Invicta FC strawweight Bec Hyatt is. Normally, she's at the forefront of promotion for her fights, but she's stuggling a bit with her next Invicta FC...
- Sean Spencer vs. Yuri Villefort added to UFC on FOX Sports 1 3 in Brazil
A welterweight contest between two fighters looking for their first UFC win is the latest addition to September's UFC on FOX Sports 1 3 event, as Sean Spencer meets Yuri Villefort. Link
- Cung Le favors 'TUF' coaching over fighting, but Bisping still on his radar
Cung Le said he's waiting to hear whether his next career move involves fighting or coaching. At the moment, he doesn't know which one it will be. Le (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC), who his past November knocked...