- 'Babalu' Sobral on retirement: 'My body cannot continue to do this anymore'
If Renato Sobral has one regret about his final MMA fight, it's that he couldn't make his body do what it used to. Link
- Kevin Harvick, Inc. Adds Athlete Management to Its NASCAR Clientele, Signs UFC’s Donald Cerrone
Kevin Harvick, Inc., owned by NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick and wife DeLana, has been a part of NASCAR for a decade and will reach outside of the auto racing industry for the first time to manage...
- Six fights confirmed for WSOF 4 in August, Anthony Johnson vs. Mike Kyle set for WSOF 5 in September
Anthony Johnson is returning to 205 lbs and will go up against Mike Kyle in September, while Tyrone Spong's 2nd MMA fight will come in August. Link
- Paul Kelly Speaks From Behind Bars
The news of Paul Kelly’s court case made it to websites and other media outlets around the world, spreading like wildfire. Now, for the first time, Paul has released a statement to The Fight Lounge,...
- Bellator ratings down significantly
Bellator only pulls in 480,000 viewers for Wednesday night's card, down significantly from last season's average of 809,000. Link
- Seth Petruzelli announces retirement following KO loss at Bellator 96
After nearly 13 years as a professional fighter, Seth Petruzelli will step away from the cage. The 33-year-old Petruzelli made the announcement Friday morning following a knockout loss to Muhammed...
- Dana White says Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey rivalry getting out of hand on Ultimate Fighter set
Dana White tells the media that things are going "bad" on the set of The Ultimate Fighter between old rivals Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey. Link
- Nick Pace’s MMA Comeback Begins with His Pro Kickboxing Debut at Glory 9
At just 26 years of age, Nick Pace has already been to the top of the MMA world and now he's working on a comeback. Link
- Six fighters removed from UFC roster
As has been a theme for much of the year, another six fighters appear to have been trimmed from the UFC's rosters. Link
- Carina Damm suspended for 'invalid' urine sample
For the second time in five years, Women's MMA fighter Carina Damm has been suspended by an athletic commission. This time it was for submitting an invalid urine sample. Link
- Benavidez/Formiga set for Sept. FS1 card
A flyweight fight between Joseph Benavidez and Jussier Formiga is being targeted for the UFC's Fox Sports 1 card in Brazil on September 4th. Link
- Nandor Guelmino meets Derrick Lewis in heavyweight bout at UFC on FOX Sports 1 2
The UFC's August return to Indianapolis now likely has a full dance card thanks to the addition of a fight between a pair of UFC-debuting heavyweights. Nandor Guelmino will meet Derrick Lewis at UFC...
- Women’s MMA Pioneer Megumi Fujii Announces Retirement Bout
Women’s mixed martial arts pioneer Megumi Fujii on Saturday became the latest fighter to announce her retirement. Link
- Bellator "Summer Series" features two events instead of typical three
Instead of three events during its annual "Summer Series," Bellator MMA this year will host just two. Sources close to the promotion confirmed that plan to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) not long...
- To MMA or not to MMA? An Olympic wrestler weighs his options
Dodging puddles in an unpaved parking lot on a rainy June afternoon, Jake Herbert attempted to put his career dilemma in the simplest terms possible. Not an easy task, considering the gravity of the...
- ONE FC lightweight champ, Shinya Aoki makes successful test cut to 145 lbs
ONE FC Lightweight Champion, Shinya Aoki made a successful test cut to 145 lbs, signaling his move to the featherweight division. Link
- Teixeira/Bader & Jacare/Okami targeted for FS1 #3
The UFC reportedly is planning to book Glover Teixeira/Ryan Bader and Jacare Souza/Yushin Okami for their September 4th Fox Sports 1 event in Brazil. Link
- Tito Ortiz Questions Bonnar's Hall of Fame Status
article and I quote: "As far as Stephan, I have nothing against the guy, but you've got to be a world champion, I think, to be in the Hall of Fame ... That's a big honor to be in the Hall of Fame,"...
- Mirko Cro Cop reportedly set to fight Alexander Emelianenko later this year
Mirko Cro Cop will return to MMA again with a fight with Alexander Emelianenko in Moscow according to reports. Link
- Norma Rueda Center replaces Schneider, meets Joanne Calderwood at Invicta FC 6
Norma Rueda Center has replaced injured Sarah Schneider and now meets fellow strawweight Joanne Calderwood at next month's Invicta FC 6 event. Link
- Ex-UFC fighter Tim Credeur surrenders following warrant on gun, drug charges
Former UFC middleweight Tim Creduer today turned himself into authorities two weeks after a warrant was issued for his arrest on drug and firearms charges. Credeur was taken into custody after he...
- Ireland Lands UFC Events on Television with Setana’s New Sports Package Additions
Ireland has waited for the Ultimate Fighting Championship to return to its shores for a long time, and while they’re not getting an event on Irish soil in the near future, Irish sports fans will be...
- Bader/Teixeira confirmed as FS1 #3 main event
UFC light heavyweight and TUF 8 winner Ryan Bader confirmed today that he will be getting the main event spot against Glover Teixeira this September. Link
- World Series of Fighting 3 drug tests come back clean
All 18 fighters who competed at this month's World Series of Fighting 3 card tested clean for performance-enhancing drugs and recreational drugs/drugs of abuse. Link
- Mayhem: White is the reason MMA isn't legal in NY
Ex-UFC fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller went on a twitter tirade, blaming MMA's ban in New York on the ego of UFC president Dana White. Link
- Tweets of the Day: Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub clash
Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub apparently used to be friends, but that's been put aside ahead of their UFC on Fox 8 matchup. And now they're ratcheting up the rhetoric on twitter. Link
- "Kid" Yamamoto faces Ivan Menjivar at UFC 165 in Toronto
Should be a easy win for Menjivar imo. Link
- UFC's Miesha Tate to appear nude in ESPN magazine's 'Body Issue' coming July 12
UFC star Miesha Tate will join champs Ronda Rousey and Jon Jones among the ranks of those featured nude in ESPN's annual 'Body Issue.' Link
- Chris Weidman coach Matt Serra won't be able to corner him at title fight
Chris Weidman faces the biggest fight of his life against Anderson Silva at UFC 162 and he'll have to do it without his long-time coach Matt Serra. Link
- UFC's Dana White: I don't know why Anderson Silva likes to f--- with the media
Middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva claims he doesn't even have Dana White's digits, let alone the desire to lobby for a fight with Jon Jones. During a media teleconference today in support of UFC...
- Former UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin takes executive role with Colorado's PFC
Former UFC interim heavyweight titleholder Shane Carwin walked away from fighting earlier this year, but he'll remain involved in MMA. Link
- Junior Dos Santos- "Cain hits like a girl"
Link In an interview with the Brazilian Portuguese language radio show “Pânico” former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos (16-2 MMA, 10-1 UFC) had the following to say about his UFC 166...
- UFC welterweight Mike Pierce eyes potential fights with Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger
Mike Pierce is opening UFC 162 with a preliminary card fight against David Mitchell. He is favored to win, and if he can make it 4 straight wins he wants to take aim at the top of the 170 lbs...
- Cage Warriors reaches broadcast deal with Premier Sports and Setanta Sports
Cage Warriors Fighting Championship will continue to expand its reach in 2013 with a pair of broadcast deals. The England-based promotion has reached broadcast deals with Setanta Sports in Ireland...
- Ronnie Mann meets Jose Luis Zapater at Cage Warriors 57
Ronnie Mann's Cage Warriors debut has been set for a while, but he now has his opponent. Mann will meet Spain's Jose Luis Zapater next month at Cage Warriors 57 in Liverpool, England. Link
- Bas Rutten Undergoes Successful Neck Surgery, but Still Dealing with Health Issues
Former UFC champion Bas Rutten recently underwent a successful neck surgery, but is still having some health issues, while he continues numerous other ventures. Link
- Rampage wants to 'f---- up' Roy Nelson
Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Rampage Jackson is now with Bellator MMA and is already calling out opponents. It just so happens that some are in different weight classes and different...
- Joanne Calderwood sees second opponent change for Invicta FC 6
Only three weeks out from her Invicta FC 6 bout, Joanne Calderwood is getting her second change of opponents in promotional newcomer Norma Rueda Center. Link
- Kickboxing great Semmy Schilt retires
Semmy Schilt has reportedly retired. The kickboxing great is no longer going to be fighting. Get all the details right here at Bloody Elbow. Link
- Matt Brown: 'I know I'd destroy GSP'
UFC welterweight Matt Brown is very confident that he could beat George St. Pierre. He even says that Thiago Alves is a tougher matchup for him than GSP. Link
- Bobby Lashley draws Matthew Larson at Saturday's Global Warrior Challenge event
Fighting for the second time in just three weeks, heavyweight Bobby Lashley meets Brad Kohler-trained Matthew Larson. Link
- Facing lengthy injury rehab, Marcus Brimage plans drop to 135 upon UFC return
When the UFC's Marcus Brimage returns from an Achilles tendon injury that will keep him down likely into 2014, he will do so with a drop from featherweight to bantamweight. Link
- Barring settlement, Eddie Alvarez vs. Bellator MMA will stretch well into 2014
Eddie Alvarez won't be fighting any time soon if his case with Bellator MMA goes to trial. According to documents filed Monday in U.S. district court, the two parties aren't required to see each...
- Anderson Silva Says BJ Penn is the Greatest Mixed Martial Artist of All Time
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is widely considered the greatest mixed martial artist of all time, but he believes BJ Penn is the best. Link
- Joe Warren says 'Fight Master' is 'the most educational fight show there is'
Joe Warren literally had a front-row seat for the unscripted reactions of the welterweight contestants on "Bellator MMA: Fight Master," and his suspicion that he'd lose the show's popularity contest...
- Mark Hunt claims skin graph failed, may have to return to hospital for more surgery
UFC Heavyweight Mark Hunt just got out of the hospital following multiple surgeries and may have to return because of a failed skin graph placed over a wound from a staph infection. Link
- Charmaine Tweet replaces Julia Budd vs. Ediane Gomes at Invicta FC 6
Invicta Fighting Championships' next show has taken another injury hit. Julia Budd has suffered a neck injury that will knock her out of her featherweight bout against Ediane Gomes at Invicta FC 6....
- T.J. Grant says Anthony Pettis' trying to steal his title shot was 'low class' and 'dirty'
T.J. Grant didn't think too highly of Anthony Pettis trying to steal his UFC 164 title shot against Ben Henderson, calling Pettis' actions "low class" and "dirty." Link
- Spike TV adds GLORY kickboxing to its combat sports programming lineup
Spike TV, which has been in the MMA business since 2005, now will add kickboxing to its arsenal. The cable channel on Thursday announced a deal with kickboxing promotion GLORY Sports International to...
- Kennedy says he'd make more money as garbageman
Ahead of his UFC debut at UFC 162, Tim Kennedy rips UFC fighter pay, claiming that he has to work another job because he makes so little fighting on the world's biggest stage. Link