- Bang Ludwig lights up reefer to watch fight tape
Duane "Bang" Ludwig, the new head coach for Urijah Faber's Team Alpha Male, says he likes to break down fight videos in various states of consciousness including straight, high and on a nutritional...
- Albert vs Meza Rounds Out July Fox Event
The UFC on FOX card is now complete, with TUF 14 alum John "Prince" Albert facing Yaotzin Meza in an exciting bantamweight scrap. Albert most recently fought on last December's FOX event, while Meza,...
- Av bet for UFC on FX8
I got Vitor
- Manhoef/Khalidov set for June 8th in Poland
Middleweights Melvin Manhoef and Mamed Khalidov are scheduled to compete in the main event of KSW 23 in Gdansk, Poland later this month. Link
- UFC to become one of the first YouTube pay channels
After word came out that YouTube would be allowing channels to charge for their videos, it's been revealed that the largest MMA promotion in the business will be among the first to to take advantage...
- John Albert vs. Yaotzin Meza added to July's UFC on FOX 8 event
A bantamweight contest between John Albert and Yaotzin Meza is the latest addition to July's UFC on FOX 8 event. Link
- Nick Newell refuses to defend his title
Nick Newell has refused to defend his title at XFC 24 against Scott Holtzman. Here is an interview with XFC President John Prisco. Link
- Nick Newell says he's not under contract with XFC & never agreed to fight Holtzman
Former XFC undefeated lightweight champion, Nick Newell discusses his side of the story on why he doesn't want to fight for the promotion. Link
- Leonard Garcia signs with Legacy FC, expected to face Rey Trujillo on July 19
Nine-time UFC veteran Leonard Garcia has a new fighting home. Garcia has signed a multi-fight deal with the Texas-based Legacy Fighting Championship promotion and is expected to debut for the company...
- Valentijn Overeem injured, Travis Wiuff meets Mike Kyle in CFA 11 main event
A rib injury has knocked Valentijn Overeem from a main event heavyweight fight later this month against Mike Kyle, and Travis Wiuff will step up in his place at Championship Fighting Alliance 11 in...
- Leonard Garcia's team bashes Bellator, questions claim of 'phantom' rep
Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney claims his promotion never once contacted Leonard Garcia (15-11-1) about a potential deal with the tournament-based promotion. Garcia's team isn't buying it. "In light of...
- UFC returns to Indianapolis on Wednesday, Aug. 28 for UFC on FOX Sports 1 event
The UFC returns to Indianapolis for the first time since 2010 for the promotion's second-ever Wednesday night event on FOX Sports 1. UFC and Bankers Life Fieldhouse officials on Saturday night...
- Chris Lytle open to another UFC fight, but only on short notice
Chris Lytle says that he would come back for one more UFC fight, but only if it was on short notice so that he wouldn't have to spend time away from his family. Link
- Bellator champ Pat Curran expects fall return – after making pro boxing debut
Pat Curran is big on keeping busy. Now he'll try something new to do it. The Bellator featherweight champion got two title defenses this past season. But with a title fight not likely till the fall,...
- UFC plans second 'International Fight Week' around UFC 162 in Las Vegas
The UFC returns to Indianapolis for the first time since 2010 for the promotion's second-ever Wednesday night event on FOX Sports 1. Link
- Josh Thomson says Nate Diaz didn't make weight for UFC on Fox 7 bout
Nate Diaz had some less than flattering things to say about UFC on Fox 7 opponent Josh Thomson a couple of weeks ago. Now Thomson has fired back with an accusation that Diaz didn't even make weight...
- Mayorga "suspended", MMA win changed to No Contest
Ricardo Mayorga's controversial win during his MMA debut has been overturned, and he has also been "suspended". Link
- Pregnancy scratches Laura Sanko; Invicta FC 6 lineup again set with 13 bouts
It wasn't an injury or illness or contract dispute that scratched Laura Sanko from Invicta FC 6. Instead, a pregnancy has forced the mother-to-be from the July card. Link
- UFC on FX 8 headliner Luke Rockhold: 'Black belts don't mean s--t to me'
Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold said Vitor Belfort won't be knocking him out with any flashy kicks, and if their fight hits the ground, he'll come out on top. Link
- Eddie Wineland plans to change next to nothing if he wins UFC title
For most fighters, holding down a full-time job while trying to train and compete at the UFC level is something done out of necessity. For Eddie Wineland, he plans on keeping his job as a...
- Vitor Belfort not ashamed of TRT use, 'I'm not doing anything illegal'
Heading into his UFC on FX 8 bout against Luke Rockhold, Vitor Belfort tells Mike Chiappetta that he's not ashamed to be using testosterone replacement therapy. Link
- Dana: 'Hunt proved everyone wrong'
After originally trying to refuse the Samoan entry to the UFC, president Dana White gives his thoughts on Mark Hunt's current success. Link
- Joe Lauzon meets Michael Johnson at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston
The UFC's return to Boston continues to come together with the addition of a lightweight bout featuring one of the area's own. Joe Lauzon (22-8 MMA, 9-5 UFC), a native of Boston's south suburbs, will...
- Nick Diaz is starting his own MMA promotion
Rumors are surfacing that Nick Diaz is starting his own Stockton based MMA promotion. Link
- Daniel Cormier planning to continue as heavyweight while slowly cutting to make 205
Daniel Cormier is planning to make the move to light heavyweight but will be taking the long road, slowly dieting his way down to 205 while competing as a heavyweight. Link
- Bellator headed for fall time change
Bellator will yet again change time slots this fall, continuing the promotion's wild ride that has seen it appear on four networks and at numerous times since 2009. Link
- Alistair Overeem targeted for UFC 164, opponent uncertain
Top-tier heavyweight Alistair Overeem's return to the octagon is targeted for late summer, multiple sources close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com. Link
- UFC Fan Expo in July to feature first ever MMA Combine
UFC fighters Urijah Faber and Phil Davis have worked together to set up the first ever MMA Combine. The event will coincide with the UFC Fan Expo and take place the same day as UFC 162. LINK
- Welterweight champ Ben Askren only drug tested once as Bellator fighter
Despite going undefeated in 8 fights with Bellator, including 5 of them being headlining bouts with the Welterweight title on the line, champion Ben Askren revealed that he's only been tested once...
- Tim Sylvia wants to fight Frank Mir or Pat Barry
"The Maine-iac" has once again expressed his desire to return to the UFC, where the former heavyweight champion hasn't competed since 2008. Link
- Josh Barnett still looking for UFC deal
Josh Barnett appeared on the MMA Hour on Monday and he had some interesting things to say on his fighting future and where he wants to finish his career. Link
- Showtime targeting return to MMA
The dissolution of Strikeforce marked an end of an era for Showtime, however according to Showtime Sports executive Stephen Espinoza, the network's absence from MMA will only be temporary. Link
- Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera heavyweight bout targeted for UFC 164 in Milwaukee
Two UFC veterans are targeted to meet in a fight that could very well send the loser packing from the octagon. Multiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that...
- UFC signs European heavyweights Daniel Omielanczuk and Nikita Krylov
Always on the search for new talent, the UFC has added depth to it's heavyweight division by picking up two new, unheralded heavyweights. LINK
- Paul Daley confident for Bellator return this year, wants War Machine fight
Fresh off another knockout win overseas, heavy hitter Paul Daley believes he will have a visa issue cleared up this year to pave his return to fight in the States under the Bellator MMA banner. LINK
- Despite visa issues, officials 'confident' Mark Hunt will keep UFC 160 slot
Despite visa issues that still have him stuck at home in Australia, heavyweight Mark Hunt is still expected to headline next week's UFC 160 event. LINK
- Jessamyn Duke successfully appeals KO loss to Miriam Nakamoto at Invicta FC 5
The Missouri Office of Athletics today overturned Jessamyn Duke's loss at Invicta FC 5, changing the result of her bout against Miriam Nakamoto to a no contest. Nakamoto originally was ruled the...
- Pat Healy releases statement admitting positive test for marijuana post-UFC 159
UFC lightweight Pat Healy (30-16 MMA, 1-0 UFC) today issued a statement to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) in which he apologized for testing positive for marijuana following an upset win over Jim...
- UFC 165 heads to Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Sept. 21
The UFC will return to Toronto in September for a pay-per-view that will be UFC 165. UFC officials on Tuesday made the announcement on FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight." UFC 165 will take place Sept. 21 at Air...
- Reza Madadi out of UFC on FOX 8, Jorge Masvidal now meets Michael Chiesa
Reza Madadi (13-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has been forced out of his lightweight fight against Michael Chiesa (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC on FOX 8, and Jorge Masvidal (24-7 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will step in to take his...
- Sanchez wants Thomson, Diaz, or Melendez at 164
With his first win in his return to Lightweight under his belt, The Dream is calling out three top-10 fighters for his next fight. He's hoping to return to the Octagon in August at UFC 164. Link
- Wrestling getting an MMA-inspired makeover
NEW YORK – In its push to keep their sport in the Olympics, wrestling will get a makeover, the acting president of the sport's world governing body said Tuesday. So say goodbye to singlets and hello...
- Bryan Caraway awarded Pat Healy's $65K 'Submission of the Night' bonus
Pat Healy's loss is Bryan Caraway's gain; a $65,000 "Submission of the Night" bonus initially awarded to Healy instead will go to Caraway. UFC President Dana White today confirmed the change via...
- Bellator 96 main card adds heavyweight tourney, expands to three hours
The first event of Bellator's upcoming "Summer Series" will have a super-sized main card with today's addition of a four-man heavyweight tournament. The event, Bellator 96, takes place June 19 at...
- WSOF 3 adds Gruetzemacher-Sanders, Beebe-Murphy to prelims
World Series of Fighting continues to fill out the card for its next show, WSOF 3 next month in Las Vegas. Chris Gruetzemacher (11-1) will meet Jerrod Sanders (11-1) in a featherweight bout, while...
- South Florida mayors to fight MMA bout for charity, Italian dinner
Carlos Hernandez and Michael Pizzi are mayors of neighboring South Florida cities. After trading rhetorical jabs, they've decided to trade real ones this summer in an MMA bout for charity. Link
- Ken Shamrock: MMA forcing better boxing matchups – except with Floyd Mayweather
Ken Shamrock is a pretty rabid boxing fan these days, especially now that the sport's bigger names are actually boxing other top guys. Everyone but Floyd Mayweather Jr., that is. Link
- Antonio Silva says forget superheroes – he's taking Velasquez's title at UFC 160
The summer movie season is officially underway: Iron Man. Superman. Wolverine. But as far as Antonio Silva is concerned, you can forget about superheroes in MMA. And if you think the UFC heavyweight...
- UFC 159's Bryan Caraway ecstatic with new bonus, blasts marijuana usage in MMA
UFC 159 is actually the second time marijuana has impacted Bryan Caraway's professional MMA career, but the first in which it's actually paid off. Link
- WSOF to hold MW tourney to determine first champ
World Series of Fighting has announced a four man tournament, with the winner crowned the first ever WSOF 185 lbs champion. Link