- Maldonado looks to avoid UFC cuts, makes camp changes in preparation for Hollett
Fabio Maldonado is changing up his fight camp in preparation to face Roger Hollett at UFC on FX 8. Link
- Cody McKenzie calls out lightweight contender Josh Thomson
Fresh off a win over Leonard Garcia, UFC featherweight Cody McKenzie says he wants to fight lightweight Josh Thomson. You are not reading that incorrectly. Link
- Cheick Kongo issues statement on potential to resign with UFC
According to Cheick Kongo, anything still could happen. The heavyweight says the UFC didn't let him go – and he still may wind up fighting for the world's biggest promotion. Link
- Despite no UFC 159 bonus, Bryan Caraway looking forward – and wants Brian Bowles
Bryan Caraway thought he might have a $65,000 bonus in his future at UFC 159. Then Pat Healy came along and swiped his "Submission of the Night" check. But even without the bonus, Caraway's looking...
- UFC title shot likely in balance, Ellenberger 'not really sold' on MacDonald
At 8-1 in his past nine fights, Jake Ellenberger has been on a tear, and he's done it against some of the best talent in the UFC's welterweight division. That's why he isn't viewing his July fight...
- Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves announced for UFC on Fox Sports 1 1
Matt Brown looks to continue his unexpected charge towards the top of the welterweight division when he fights Thiago Alves at UFC on Fox Sports 1 1 in August. Link
- Alvarez blames Viacom execs, not 'grunt' Rebney
After a couple months where it seemed a settlement was a possibility, Bellator and Eddie Alvarez have decided that a trial is the only way to settle their dispute. Earlier this week, the promotion's...
- UFC releases middleweight Clifford Starks
Middleweight Clifford Starks is no longer with the UFC following a KO loss to Yoel Romero at UFC on Fox 7. Link
- Brett Rogers appears to have been released from Bellator
It would appear that notable heavyweight Brett 'Da Grim' Rogers has been released from his Bellator contract and will have an upcoming bout in Korea. Link
- Rich Franklin Pondering Retirement, but a Fight with Michael Bisping Peaks His Interest
Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin hopes to fight by year's end, but says it could be the final fight of his career. Link
- Griffin Tops Andrews Over 5 Rounds at WFC 5; Alpha Male Prospects Fili, Avila Shine
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Max Griffin outworked fellow welterweight up-and-comer Kito Andrews over five toe-to-toe rounds in the main event of West Coast Fighting Championship 5 and left Sacramento's...
- Following Bout of Depression, Mark Munoz is Back: “Adversity is the Dust that Polishes the Diamond”
For an athlete the likes UFC middleweight contenderMark Munoz, the worst thing you can do to him is sit him on the sidelines and not allow him to workout like the madman that he is. Link
- Ronda Rousey Among Business Insider’s “50 Women Who Are Changing the World”
UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is breaking new ground every day, and everyone seems to be taking notice. Rousey’s latest honor is landing on the Business Insider list of “50 Women Who...
- Anthony Perosh wants to fight Vinny Magalhaes at UFC 163
Australia's Anthony Perosh hasn't fought since a 7 second KO defeat to Ryan Jimmo, but the light heavyweight wants a summer return against a fellow BJJ black belt. Link
- 'Fight Master: Bellator MMA' cast unveiled with Riggs, Lozano and 30 others
The debut season of "Fight Master: Bellator MMA" debuts June 19 on Spike TV, and the organization has unveiled the cast of 32 welterweights who will compete in the show's tournament. Many familiar...
- Akira Corassani wants Conor McGregor at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston
UFC President Dana White wants Irish featherweight Conor McGregor (13-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) to be part of the UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 card in Boston. And one fighter is campaigning for the matchup. On Sunday...
- UFC returning to Brazil for Fox Sports 1 event on September 4th, likely to be used as TUF 18 lead-in
The UFC has reportedly made plans for yet another card in Brazil, this time in Brasilia, the nation's capital. Brazilian magazine Tatame originally reported the story, although it's not yet been...
- UFC champ Johnson: 25-minute fight 'takes a real man and a man with balls'
Back to training after a serious shoulder injury, Demetrious Johnson (17-2-1 MMA, 5-1-1 UFC) aims to exhaust John Moraga (12-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) when they meet at UFC on FOX 8, which takes place July 27...
- Eddie Alvarez says that Bellator changed the wording in his original contract
Bellator lightweight star, Eddie Alvarez , details how Bellator changed the terms of his original contract to make it appear that they were effectively matching all the terms of his UFC offer. Link
- Rockhold says Belfort 'main culprit' for TRT, calls for universal UFC regulation
Asked about the UFC's recent pledge to increase monitoring of testosterone-replacement therapy among its athletes, Rockhold offered, "They're letting him fight in Brazil and use TRT when Nevada...
- Pablo Garza cut from UFC following loss to Diego Brandao
Blood spilled. UFC will no longer require the services of 145-pound "Scarecrow," Pablo Garza (12-4). The 29 year-old featherweight, who bagged "Knockout of the Night" at TUF 12 Finale as well as...
- UFC cuts Antonio Carvalho following loss to Darren Elkins at UFC 158
Antonio Carvalho has been cut by the UFC following a controversial TKO loss to Darren Elkins at UFC 158. Link
- UFC fines Anderson Silva $50,000 for media-event no-show
LAS VEGAS – The Ultimate Fighting Championship has fined middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva $50,000 for refusing to take part in a planned pre-UFC 162 media event. Link
- UFC announces three-year TV deal with BT Sport in UK and Ireland
The UFC has signed a three-year TV deal with BT Sport that goes into effect Aug. 1, officials today announced. Link
- Spong confirmed for 'GLORY 9' one-night tourney
Tyrone Spong is slated to compete in GLORY's one-night, eight-man light-heavyweight tournament on Jun. 22. Link
- Former UFC interim champ Shane Carwin announces retirement from MMA
Approaching two years since his last fight, former UFC interim heavyweight champion Shane Carwin on Tuesday announced his retirement from MMA. Carwin leaves the sport on a two-fight skid, but more...
- Tyson Fury says he would fight Cain Velasquez in the UFC – for the right price
Tyson Fury said he would compete once in the octagon to beat UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez, then go back to boxing. "I'm definitely interested but the money would have to be right," Fury...
- Connecticut gets one step closer to legalizing MMA
MMA may be struggling to become legal in New York, but neighboring Connecticut is one step closer. The state on Tuesday saw a bill to legalize the sport pass its House of Representatives by a...
- Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones almost fought at 2011 award show according to sponsor
For months now, Cormier has been teasing a drop to LHW to fight champion Jon Jones. While at first glance it looked like he was just trying to hype a big fight opportunity, a former sponsor says...
- Chris Barnett Out, MFC 37 Main Event Title Fight Cancelled; MFC President Blames Manager
Chris Barnett has been pulled from Friday’s MFC 37 main event due to failing to gain medical clearance. Link
- Leonard Garcia released from UFC?
Several UFC fighters at featherweight and bantamweight have apparently been cut by the promotion, including Leonard Garcia. Link
- Final One FC 9 Bouts Announced, Including Tim Sylvia vs. Tony Johnson
One Fighting Championship on Wednesday announced the three final bouts for One FC: Rise to Power, which includes former UFC champion Tim Sylvia vs. Tony Johnson. Link
- Jones vs Sonnen PPV estimates come in at 520-550,000 buys
Jon Jones' title defense against Chael Sonnen appears to have done numbers almost perfectly in line with Jones' career average. Link
- UFC 162's Chris Weidman: 'I already believe, and I can feel that belt'
Chris Weidman is unbeaten and heads into a title shot with the greatest fighter in history having never had a truly focused training camp. It's almost hard to believe, isn't it? Link
- Despite summer move to Wednesdays, Spike unsure of Bellator Season 9 time slot
The second event of Bellator's upcoming "Summer Series" is expected to take place Wednesday in July, a Spike TV official today told MMAjunkie.com, but the remainder of the promotion's live-event...
- Dan Hardy: I want to get cleared to fight again
Dan Hardy discusses talking trash, his fighting future, his travels, driving with Mayhem Miller and much more on the Joe Rogan Experience on Wednesday. Link
- Jake Shields: I will win by knockout or submission
Jake Shields discusses his UFC 161 welterweight bout with former Strikeforce title challenger Tyron Woodley. Link
- UFC signs Colorado-based welterweight Brandon Thatch to multi-fight deal
Turns out he was right. The Colorado-based welterweight has signed a multi-fight deal with the promotion. Sources close to the fighter on Wednesday confirmed his signing to MMAjunkie.com...
- White says the UFC is working on new MMA gloves
The gloves used in MMA have never been a perfect fit for the sport and have led to a lot of eyepokes over the years. To try and change this, UFC president Dana White says they're working on making a...
- Silva: I was unaware of media event that cost $50K
On Tuesday, Silva was supposed to be in LA for a media event for his upcoming fight at UFC 162. When Silva skipped out the UFC responded by fining him $50K, but Silva says he never knew about media...
- Sonnen issues twitter challenge to Wanderlei Silva
Chael Sonnen's not retiring, and he has made it clear who he wants to fight next. Now the challenge is official, but he has apparently given Wanderlei Silva a time limit to accept. Link
- Weight cutting & head trauma threaten MMA
How safe is MMA? Recent articles point out the serious risks to fighters from head trauma and improper weight cutting. Link
- Chuck Liddell speaks out against UFC fighters avoiding the finish just to secure a win
Remember when Chuck Liddell knocked out Renato Sobral with a head kick back in 2002? That set off a string of winning performances where "The Iceman" was able to win nine straight mixed martial arts...
- Mark Hunt denied boarding on US-bound flights due to visa issues, recent arrest
Mark Hunt has been unable to fly to the US to prepare for his upcoming UFC 160 bout with Junior dos Santos. He has been keeping a running commentary on twitter as to the reasons why, which involve...
- Jon Jones vs. Floyd Mayweather? If it was all hands, 'Bones' said it would 'probably be a pretty competitive match'
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones thinks he could hang on the feet with Floyd Mayweather Jr., the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world. It helps that Jones...
- Leonard Garcia heading to Team Alpha Male
Former UFC featherweight star, Leonard Garcia details his plans for the future, what went wrong in the McKenzie fight, and flirting with a possible weight change. Link
- Shogun: My appendix burst before 2nd Machida fight
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua meets Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 161 in a rematch of one of the best fights of all time. Shogun discusses his motivation entering this bout, and how a serious medical...
- EA Sports UFC game delayed until post-March 2014
EA Games acquired the rights to produce a UFC video game in June, 2012. Yesterday it acknowledged that it will not be producing the UFC game in fiscal year 2014 which ends in March of next year. Link
- Early programming details for UFC on FS1 announced
With just 100 days to go before launch, Fox Sports 1 unveiled their opening day schedule as well as a look ahead to some future UFC cards. Link
- No UFC for Cung unless it's TUF or a title shot
Former Strikeforce champ Cung Le is still rehabbing two injured elbows and shooting a movie but he'd consider returning to the UFC to coach The Ultimate Fighter or for "something ginormous." Link