- White: Dos Santos gets title shot with UFC 160 win
It appears that Junior Dos Santos will need just one victory to get back into a title fight, and he'll get that chance on May 25th. Link
- Tito threatens to unretire & beat Jon Jones
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz tweeted Saturday that "I may have to come out of retirement to beat @JonnyBones I can't let (him) beat my record' of consecutive UFC Light Heavyweight title defenses....
- UFC's Marc Ratner to request changes to Unified Rules at ABC's summer convention
Following this past weekend's bizarre UFC 159 event, Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White urged the Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) to take a hard look at a few of its current...
- Despite tabloid trashing, Phil Davis retains UFC's full support
Phil Davis was the subject of a bizarre TMZ.com report this past weekend, and the timing of the story couldn't have been worse. But UFC President Dana White said he's not buying the complaints...
- Jacob Volkmann says he's fighting Lyle Beerbohm at WSOF 3
In his first post-UFC fight, Jacob Volkmann will meet Strikeforce vet Lyle Beerbohm in a lightweight bout at World Series of Fighting 3 in June, Volkmann today announced via Twitter. Link
- Sara McMann agreed with UFC 159 boos, ref's standup
Sara McMann prepared herself to be miserable at UFC 159. From the schedule to the weight cut to the crowd itself, the UFC newcomer told herself this past weekend's event would be a nightmare. Link
- Rockhold: 'I'm more of a man than Vitor'
Luke Rockhold says that he had advantages over Vitor Belfort in every aspect of the fight, but also says that he's "more of a man" than the former UFC champion. In addition, Rockhold took a shot at...
- Greg Jackson ready to coach Jones at HW
The coach of the UFC's top Light Heavyweight says he looks forward to training Jon Jones for the challenges presented by a move up to the Heavyweight class and for the remaining challenges left at...
- Lovato Jr First American to Win Absolute in Brazil
Rafeal Lovtao Jr traveled to São Paulo, Brazil to take part in the IBJJF Brazilian Championships, and became the first American to ever win a major open-weight title in the gi. Link
- UFC denies report that 'The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil' won't be renewed
The UFC has refuted a report that the "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" reality series won't be renewed for a third season. Link
- Frankie Edgar discusses marketability, thinks UFC 162 win could net title shot
As Frankie Edgar attended UFC 159 this past weekend in his home state, the New Jersey native was reminded how much a fighter's marketability factors into matchmaking. Link
- After split-second heart flutter, Pat Healy ready to pay taxes, face UFC's best
For just a split-second, Pat Healy admits he had to second guess his concept of reality. After all, it felt like he had just submitted Jim Miller, but that's not what longtime UFC announcer Bruce...
- Diego Sanchez returns at UFC 164 in Milwaukee
Following a narrow split-decision win over Takanori Gomi in March, veteran UFC lightweight Diego Sanchez will return in August at UFC 164. Link
- UFC on FOX 7 drug tests come back clean, six tested
Six fighters from this month's UFC on FOX 7 event tested clean for performance-enhancing drugs and recreational drugs/drugs of abuse. Link
- UFC vet Tyson Griffin signs with WSOF
Former UFC fighter Tyson Griffin has signed a multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting. Link
- Nevada denies Gabriel Gonzaga's appeal of TUF 17 Finale loss
An appeal filed earlier this month by Gabriel Gonzaga has been denied, according to his manager. Marco Alvan, who trains and manages the onetime UFC heavyweight title challenger, today said he and...
- Ratings Report: TV shows supporting UFC 159 pull good numbers
The television programming surrounding UFC 159, headlined by Jon Jones' light heavyweight title defense against Chael Sonnen on Saturday, did generally good ratings particularly the weigh-ins and...
- Aaron Riley vs. Justin Salas added to July's UFC on FOX 8 event
A lightweight matchup between Aaron Riley (30-13-1 MMA, 3-5 UFC) and Justin Salas (10-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is the latest addition to the UFC on FOX 8 lineup. The new booking was revealed during Tuesday's...
- UFC's Chael Sonnen will fight on at 205 pounds, wants Wanderlei Silva
Despite suffering a devastating loss to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones at this past weekend's UFC 159 event, Chael Sonnen will continue his fighting career – and he'll do it at 205 pounds....
- Veteran cutman 'Stitch' Duran recounts triage of Jon Jones' 'hitchhiking' toe
Jacob "Stitch" Duran was already walking down the stairs leading out of the octagon and planned to catch a bus to UFC 159's host hotel when he heard UFC commentator Joe Rogan say Jon Jones' toe was...
- Tyrone Spong pulled from WSOF 3 due to visa issues
Tyrone Spong reportedly will not be able to compete at WSOF 3 in June due to visa issues. His bout with Angel DeAnda was set to be the night's co-main event. Link
- UFC Releases 7 fighters
Make no mistake about it, just because you receive a UFC contract doesn’t mean the promotion is going to keep you around if you under-perform. Such is the case with many fighters, be them fan...
- UFC's Robbie Peralta suspended for marijuana, must undergo treatment
All competitors at UFC on FUEL TV 9 were tested for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse, and one failed for the latter. The UFC confirmed Tuesday night that featherweight Robbie Peralta...
- Demian Maia vs. Josh Koscheck announced for UFC 163
The next step has been laid in Demian Maia's quest for a welterweight title shot. The phenom-grappler, and former middleweight title contender, is scheduled to face Josh Koscheck at UFC 163 in...
- Cheick Kongo removed from UFC's roster
Another fighter appears to have been removed from the UFC's rosters. Cheick Kongo no longer appears among the active fighters on UFC.com. Link
- Dana White visited Boston after UFC 159, 'wrote checks', as promised
UFC president, Dana White, visited Boston to make good on his promise to 'write checks' to the victims' families in wake of Boston bombings tragedy. Link
- Kogan: Roy Nelson gains nothing from Cormier fight
Shortly after Nelson KOd Kongo at UFC 159, UFC newcomer Daniel Cormier called him out. However, it doesn't look like Nelson's management is keen on the idea. Link
- Hours before UFC 159 win, Steven Siler's wife dropped a bombshell
Just hours before Steven Siler's rousing win at UFC 159 that moved him to 4-1 in the organization, his wife dropped a bombshell. After eight months of trying, the 26-year-old learned he and his...
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey again lands cover of 'ESPN The Magazine'
UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has landed the cover of "ESPN The Magazine" for the second time. Link
- Jon Jones toe wasn't actually broken, Champ will be ready for action in 6-8 weeks
Despite initial assumptions that Jon Jones suffered a compound fracture of his left big toe during his UFC 159title defense against Chael Sonnen, the injury was later determined to be a dislocation....
- Cheick Kongo turned down four fight contract before UFC 159
Cheick Kongo's manager Anthony McGann has revealed that Kongo turned down a four fight contract extension shortly before his UFC 159 loss. Link
- Move from Hawaii to San Diego has UFC 162's Chris Leben re-energized
Chris Leben is no stranger to new beginnings. In July, he'll put his latest one to the test and so far, it seems to be working out just fine with a change in scenery at Alliance MMA in San Diego....
- Constantinos Philippou not worried about Souza's ground game at UFC on FX 8
Constantinos Philippou has had a nice five-fight run in the UFC. But even he knows that it's time for a step up in competition. Enter Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza. Link
- White believes Sonnen's non-fighting future will one day be with UFC
Now that the world knows Chael Sonnen's decision, his boss apparently won't have to worry about creating a new job for him just yet. But one day, that moment may come. Link
- Leslie Smith Inks Multi-Fight Deal with Invicta FC, Dropping to Flyweight for No. 1 Contender Bout
Leslie Smith has signed a new, multi-fight deal with Invicta Fighting Championships and will drop down to the 125-pound division to face Jennifer Maia in a top contender match-up. Link
- Pennsylvania Athletic Commission Denies UFC Vet Donny Walker
Link The great state of Pa's athletic commission, and more specifically Greg Sirb, is apparently so impressed by Mark Cherico's skills that he won't approve a recent UFC veteran and experienced...
- UK UFC fans - TV deal likely to be BT Sports
Source Hello guys, I truly hope this is not where the UFC are heading. With ESPN already messing up UFC time slots and interrupting many broadcasts over the past few months not to mention missing...
- UFC on FX 8's Nik Lentz has no problem beating up Brazilians in Brazil
For the second straight fight, Nik Lentz will head into the lion's den – and it doesn't bother him a bit. Lentz fights Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 8 looking to stay unbeaten at 145 pounds and unbeaten...
- Vitor Belfort's surprising response to Luke Rockhold's UFC on FX 8 callout
Luke Rockhold created a bit of a stir when the final Strikeforce middleweight champion said he wanted a "warmup fight" before a potential UFC title fight and mentioned Vitor Belfort as his preferred...
- Diego Sanchez says champ Benson Henderson's title 'there for the taking'
Diego Sanchez is slated to fight at the upcoming UFC 164 event in Milwaukee, but he's not just looking for an exciting fight. Sanchez wants to take one last run at the UFC lightweight belt, and he...
- Still struggling with Boston bombings, UFC's White bolstered by American spirit
UFC President Dana White arrived in Boston some time between 3:30 and 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, slept a couple hours and awoke with the goal of giving back to the city where he'd done a lot of growing up....
- T.J. Waldburger out, Sean Pierson meets Kenny Robertson at UFC 161
With T.J. Waldburger forced off the card, Sean Pierson now will face Kenny Robertson at next month's UFC 161 event in Canada. Link
- Eddie Alvarez promises courtroom trial in case against Bellator
Eddie Alvarez plans to fight Bellator to the finish in a courtroom. The ex-Bellator lightweight champ on Thursday posted on Twitter that he won't settle with the tournament-based promotion and wants...
- Newly re-signed Patrick Cote would love to coach Canada vs. Australia 'TUF'
Patrick Cote thinks he has the experience and knowledge to guide the careers of up-and-coming Canadian fighters. Cote said he would be honored to accept a job as coach if a rumored Canada vs....
- Move from Brazil to States paying off for UFC on FX 8's Rafael dos Anjos
It's a bit ironic that Rafael dos Anjos believes the best thing for his career was moving from Brazil to the United States – yet now one of the biggest sources of motivation for him is the chance to...
- UFC Programming Again Lifts Fuel TV to Record Setting Month in April
Ultimate Fighting Championship coverage continues to propel Fuel TV to record numbers. Link
- Leading into trial with Bellator, Eddie Alvarez forced to sell house and contemplates unsantionced fights
Throughout 2013, Alvarez has been stuck in a legal battle with Bellator over the matching clause in his contract. While the parties had tried to reach a settlement, talks turned sour and a trial is...
- Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva being considered to headline first UFC event on Fox Sports 1
Saturday night following his UFC 159 loss to Jon Jones UFC star Chael Sonnen was talking retirement. By Tuesday he was digging up an old rivalry with Wanderlei Silva. There may be method to the...
- UFC on FX 8: Costa Philippou suffers facial cut, out of fight with 'Jacare' Souza
UFC on FX 8 has lost its co-main event, as middleweight contender Costa Philippou is out of his scheduled clash with Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza due to a facial cut. No word just yet who, if anyone, will...
- Camozzi in against 'Jacre'
Chris Camozzi, who himself was an injury replacement for C.B. Dollaway on this card, has agreed to fill in for Philippou. Camozzi was previously scheduled to face Rafael Natal on the main card. Natal...