- Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome added to UFC 162 in Las Vegas
A lightweight matchup between Northern Irish fighter Norman Parke (17-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Japanese import Kazuki Tokudome (12-3-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to UFC 162. UFC officials today...
- Win or lose at UFC 159, Chael Sonnen would prefer to stay at light heavyweight
At this weekend's UFC 159 event, Chael Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) returns to the UFC's light heavyweight division for the first time since 2005. If all goes according to plan, it will be his home...
- Frank Trevino signs three-fight deal with Legacy FC, expected to debut in May
Undefeated prospect Frank Trevino (10-0) has signed a three-fight deal with the Texas-based Legacy Fighting Championships and is expected to debut for the promotion next month. MMAjunkie.com...
- Champ Johnson vs. Moraga headlines UFC on FOX 8; Carmouche vs. Tate added
UFC on FOX 8 finally has a headliner, as UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson (17-2-1 MMA, 5-1-1 UFC) meets challenger John Moraga (12-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC). Additionally, a women's bout between Liz...
- Jon Jones tells ESPN he had heard through the grapevine that Chael Sonnen has 'secretly done steroids throughout his career'
Jon Jones tells Dan LeBatard why he apologized for accusing Chael Sonnen of being a steroid user, but then expands on his statement by saying that he'd heard from others that Sonnen abused steroids...
- Cormier wants a fight that advances his career
Daniel Cormier isn't sure if he'll move to light heavyweight or remain with the big boys following his win over Frank Mir at UFC on Fox 7. Cormier says that his decision will be based on whichever...
- Vinny Magalhaes says they'll need two referees for his UFC 159 bout with Phil Davis
Vinny Magalhaes and Phil Davis have traded taunts over the Internet for months. They're finally about to get into the Octagon and settle their differences, as the light heavyweight contenders will...
- Matt Mitrione no longer suspended, meets Brendan Schaub at UFC on FOX 8
Sixteen days after he was suspended by the UFC for transphobic comments directed toward transgender fighter Fallon Fox, Matt Mitrione has been booked for his next fight. Link
- Dana White issues challenge to boxer Tyson Fury: 'You will get smashed'
NEW YORK CITY – Heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has an open invitation to step in the octagon and fight MMA. Link
- GSP: Get Rid of Rounds in MMA
link There’s a lot of things I would change in the sport. First of all, the time, there’s no time, no round. Seriously, I believe it is stupid, the round. If you want to see who’s the best man, let...
- Jason High replaces John Hathaway, meets Erick Silva at UFC on FUEL TV 10
Jason High has replaced John Hathaway and now meets fellow welterweight Erick Silva at UFC on FUEL TV 10. Link
- Jeff Curran hopes drop to flyweight can lead to one more crack at UFC
Some would say what Jeff Curran is embarking on is ambitious. Others might call it downright nuts. Link
- Georges St-Pierre All But Closes the Door on Anderson Silva Superfight
The idea of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre moving up a division to face middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva in a superfight has been kicked around for years. It’s a promotional...
- Jon Jones: 'People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags'
Ahead of his UFC 159 bout with Chael Sonnen, Jon Jones calls Matt Mitrione a "scumbag" for his comments on transgender fighter Fallon Fox. Link
- Chael Sonnen would have sued Jon Jones for 'reckless' steroid accusations
MMA Fighting caught up with the Light Heavyweight contender to get his response to Jones' resent statement that he'd been taking steroids throughout his career. Link
- UFC champ Jones wants fight with Gustafsson, eyes spot on future FOX card
If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday's UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card. Link
- Barring another injury, UFC champ Dominick Cruz won't be stripped of title
UFC President Dana White said he recently spoke to injured UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and that things are looking good for an upcoming return. Link
- UFC 159's Cheick Kongo takes 'skinny and small' mental approach for Roy Nelson
Cheick Kongo isn't a small man, but before every fight, he imagines himself as one. The UFC heavyweight, who's more gentle giant than towering bruiser, said it's his way of rising to a challenge...
- Roy Nelson believes impressive UFC 159 win over Kongo could lead to title shot
Know that classic MMA fighter adage of "Whoever the UFC puts in front of me"? Yeah, well not Roy Nelson. Not Roy Nelson at all. "I say, 'Whoever has the gold!" Nelson told MMAjunkie.com. Link
- UFC 159's Alan Belcher 'kind of bored' with Bisping antics, 'ready to fight'
"You're getting your ass kicked on Saturday night, bro," Michael Bisping spat at Alan Belcher after squaring off following a pre-event media day for UFC 159. "You're getting knocked out," Belcher...
- DDP, Sinosic, Shamrock, Baroni, Varner and more give UFC 159 Predictions
Muhsin Corbbrey (15-7-2 MMA, Pro Boxer, Kickboxer and ESPN Asia Veteran) - “Jon Jones wins this fight via superior athletics and skill, I think it’ll make it to the third round and Sonnen may even...
- Mother of Phil Davis' child claims Davis choked her during sex as she plead for him to stop; threatened to kill her
Top ten UFC fighter Phil Davis is being accused of violent sex against the wishes of his baby's mother who also claims Davis threatened to kill her numerous times. Link
- 'ONE FC 9: Rise to Power' main card adds Docyogen-Urushitani, Eustaquio-Leone
The main card is set for next month's "ONE FC 9: Rise to Power" event with the recent addition of two flyweight bouts. Link
- Roy Nelson: “I Could Probably Lose and Still Get a Title Shot”
UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson has become a bastion for the overweight bearded man since winning the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter reality show. Known for his propensity to pick up a box of donuts...
- Ed Herman vs. Trevor Smith added to July's UFC on FOX 8 event
A middleweight matchup between four-time Strikeforce veteran Trevor Smith and "The Ultimate Fighter 3" finalist Ed Herman is the latest edition to July' UFC on FOX 8 event. Link
- UFC 159 Weigh In Results
The official UFC 159 weigh-in results include: MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET) Champ Jon Jones (205) vs. Chael Sonnen (205) - for light-heavyweight title Alan Belcher (185) vs. Michael Bisping...
- Spang & De Fries removed from active roster, scythe swings on TUF 17 cast
The UFC's active roster got seven fighters shorter today. It appears that Phil De Fries and Chris Spang have been released, as well as the TUF losers from the season 17 finale. Link
- After recent UFC win, Myles Jury calls out Takanori Gomi for next fight
Fresh off a devastating knockout of "The Ultimate Fighter 13" finalist Ramsey Nijem at this past weekend's UFC on FOX 7 event, Myles Jury is setting his sets high for his next fight. Link
- BREAKING: Nick Catone vs. James Head pulled from UFC 159
Following a trip to the hospital for dehydration, Nick Catone has been scratched from his UFC 159 bout with James Head, scheduled for tonight at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The event...
- Weidman says he got UFC 162 title fight with Silva only because Evans lost
Had Rashad Evans beaten Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 156 this past February, it appears that he would have been making a division change and going after Anderson Silva. Instead, it's Chris...
- Jon Jones suspended indefinetly after breaking toe
Shortly after the conclusion of UFC 159, the New Jersey SAC released the full medical suspensions for all 24 fighters that appeared on the card. Most notably, headliner Jon Jones will be suspended...
- Sonnen ready to retire after loss to Jon Jones?
In Sonnen's post fight interview, he seemingly retired from the sport of MMA. Check out the quotes below to see what he had to say about his future with the UFC. Link
- UFC 159 bonuses: Roy Nelson, Pat Healy and Jim Miller score $65,000 awards
NEWARK, N.J. – Roy Nelson, Pat Healy and Jim Miller each earned $65,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen" event. Link
- UFC boss advises Matt Mitrione to forget Jon Jones beef and focus on heavyweight
NEWARK, N.J. – If recently suspended heavyweight Matt Mitrione (6-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) thinks he's talking his way into a fight with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC), he...
- After controversial UFC 159 call, Dana White calls on commissions for reform
NEWARK, N.J. – Saturday night's UFC 159 event in Newark, N.J., will always be remembered as a card full off odd happenings. But it was a controversial call in one of the evening's preliminary bouts...
- UFC 159 headliner Chael Sonnen not ready to decide on retirement
NEWARK, N.J. – With his third attempt at winning a UFC title his yet, Chael Sonnen hinted in the octagon with announcer Joe Rogan he might be done fighting... LINK
- Cody McKenzie plans MMA layoff following UFC 159 win over Leonard Garcia
NEWARK, N.J. – Following a unanimous-decision win over Leonard Garcia (15-11-1 MMA, 1-5 UFC) at UFC 159, Cody McKenzie (14-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC) said he's stepping away from the sport for at least six...
- Anderson Silva calls Dana White for a fight – post-Weidman
NEWARK, N.J. – Chael Sonnen had just finished a characteristic rant on the fickle competitive appetites of champion fighters – Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) and Jon Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC)...
- Jon Jones requests Alexander Gustafsson, but with injury, future uncertain
NEWARK, N.J. – With his foot in a makeshift boot from a gruesome toe injury suffered at UFC 159, light heavyweight champ Jon Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC) said Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC)...
- Dana White: UFC could be on cusp of major sponsorship deal with Reebok
NEWARK, N.J. – UFC 159 main event winner and light heavyweight champion Jon Jones broke some major ground in 2012 when he signed a sponsorship deal with Nike. But Nike soon could have some in-octagon...
- Michael Bisping may need surgery for neck issue
NEWARK, NJ -- About six weeks before he was to fight Alan Belcher at UFC 159, Michael Bisping was informed that he should undergo surgery to correct a case of spinal stenosis that has compromised his...
- Roy Nelson likely to face Daniel Cormier or Mark Hunt next
NEWARK, NJ -- Next time out will be a big fight for "Big Country." After notching his third straight first-round knockout, Roy Nelson will be matched up with either Daniel Cormier or Mark Hunt, UFC...
- Alan Belcher gets eight eyelid stitches following UFC 159 loss
The gruesome injury that halted his UFC 159 bout with Michael Bisping left Alan Belcher with eight stitches in his eyelid. Link
- Leonard Garcia's future 'not looking good' after UFC 159 loss
Despite some slugfests, a handful of bonuses, and UFC executives' obvious soft spot for him, Leonard Garcia's days in the organization may be numbered. Link
- Machida still wants to stay busy, targets Gustafsson if Jones' time off lengthy
As it currently stands, UFC President Dana White has declared Lyoto Machida the promotion's current No. 1 contender at light heavyweight. But if the division's champ isn't cleared to fight until the...
- While Jones takes another step toward greatness, Sonnen again wonders 'what if?'
It just wouldn't be a Chael Sonnen title fight with a couple what-ifs sprinkled about, now would it? Despite nearly finding the belt wrapped around his waist on a technicality, Sonnen hinted he may...
- Cub Swanson thinks MMA gloves are 'crap'
After last nights glove debacles, I revisited an interview I did with UFC featherweight contender, Cub Swanson, who detailed the problems he found with MMA gloves. Link
- Gian Villante on controversial UFC 159 eye poke: 'All I needed was 10 seconds'
Gian Villante needed just 10 seconds – just 10 seconds to shake off an accidental eye poke and get back into his fight at Saturday's UFC 159 event. Instead, Villante (10-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) honestly...
- Sergio Pettis vs. Jeff Curran headlines RFA 8 on June 21, airs on AXS TV
Sergio Pettis could take a big step up the flyweight rankings when he meets recent UFC bantamweight Jeff Curran in the championship headliner of Resurrection Fighting Alliance 8 on June 21. Link
- Michael Bisping speculates that Alan Belcher was looking for 'a way out' following eye poke
UFC MW Michael Bisping continues to charm by alleging that his opponent Alan Belcher was acting and 'looking for a way out' following the vicious eye poke that ended their UFC 159 bout in the 3rd...