- Glory announces deal with CBS Sports Network; Glory 7 Milan to air in US this weekend
This weekend's Glory 7 Milan event featuring Giorgio Petrosyan just got a lot more interesting for US fans. Thanks to a just announced deal, fans will be able to watch the show on CBS Sports Network....
- Mexican police request arrest warrant for Canelo Alvarez in connection with attack on Ulises Solis
Mexican authorities have requested an arrest warrant for Canelo Alvarez just days before he is to meet Austin Trout on Showtime Championship Boxing. The warrant request is in connection with an...
- 7 Superkombat officially ends partnership with K-1
Top kickboxing organization Superkombat has officially announced the end of their relationship with K-1. What does this mean for the future of K-1 and Superkombat? Bloody Elbow has the details. Link
- Bellator's motion to dismiss Eddie Alvarez's claims denied by judge
The legal battle between the former champion and his former employer continues. Bellator attempted to get the crux of Alvarez's counterclaim dismissed, but the motion was rejected by the presiding...
- After 'TUF: Brazil 2' contract dispute, Luis Santos focuses on XFC title
Luis Santos could dwell on the past, including his lost slot on "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2," but instead, he's looking ahead, including his headliner at Friday's "XFC 23: Louisville Slugfest"...
- 'ONE FC 9: Rise to Power' adds Belingon-Ueda grand prix final, Shalorus, Baroni
Next month's "ONE FC 9: Rise to Power" card has three new additions, including the final of the organization's world bantamweight grand prix. Link
- Legacy FC 21 features dual title fights, Riddle-Young on July 19
Legacy FC 21 will feature two title fights for vacant belts, as well as the promotional debut of recent UFC fighter Matthew Riddle, on July 19. Link
- Despite near-tragic weight cut, UFC's Daniel Cormier considering 205
Despite building an undefeated record as a heavyweight, Daniel Cormier is strongly considering a move to the light heavyweight division. It's an astonishing revelation for a man who has long insisted...
- Vladimir Matyushenko Headed to Bellator
The Janitor, Vladimir Matyushenko, at 42 years of age, has signed on to compete for Bellator MMA. Link
- Jon Jones apologizes for accusing Chael Sonnen of being a 'career-long steroid user'
Earlier this week, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones appeared on UFC Tonight to preview his upcoming UFC 159 title defense against fellow Ultimate Fighter...
- Yoshihiro Akiyama’s Manager Jailed For Allegedly Stealing $140K From Him
not so sexy Fan favorite Yoshihiro Akiyama is back in the limelight but this time, it’s not for his fighting career. Instead Akiyama makes headlines today for being the alleged victim of an...
- Nate Diaz likely to change weight classes after UFC on FOX 7
SAN JOSE, Calif. – After this weekend's UFC on FOX 7 bout with Josh Thomson, Nate Diaz doesn't believe the lightweight class is going to be able to offer anything that interests him. Link
- UFC on FOX 7's Chad Mendes says canceled fights cost up to $10K per camp
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Chad Mendes isn't one to complain, but even he admits the past year has been a bit frustrating. And with opponent after opponent dropping out of planned fights with him, Mendes...
- Chael Sonnen recounts almost getting punched by fan at TUF 17 Finale
A quarter-second later, and Chael Sonnen might have been the first UFC fighter to get punched by a fan. Link
- Dana White: Dan Hardy is in extreme denial -- or afraid -- over second opinion on heart condition
It would be much easier if Dan Hardy could just go see the wizard and get a new heart. But I guess "the best cardiologist in the country" isn't a bad second choice. Will he or won't he? Former...
- If Georges St-Pierre Wants Anderson Silva Next, Johny Hendricks Will Have to Wait… Again
All the superfight talk has died down to a dull roar… right? Wrong. Link
- Despite Chael Sonnen's claims to the contrary, bout agreement was filed with NSAC before Anderson Silva fight
Chael Sonnen claims that he never signed any contract or bout agreement to fight Anderson Silva. The Nevada State Athletic Commission says otherwise. Link
- UFC on FOX 7 weigh-in results
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET) -Benson Henderson (155) vs. Gilbert Melendez (154) -Daniel Cormier (235) vs. Frank Mir (257) -Nate Diaz (156) vs. Josh Thomson (155) -Matt Brown (171) vs. Jordan Mein (170)...
- Brown, Mein, Thomson, and Romero receive $50,000 extra
See who went home $50,000 richer following tonight's wild and memorable UFC on Fox 7 card in San Jose, California. Link
- T.J. Grant-Gray Maynard winner at UFC 160 gets title shot vs. Benson Henderson
In a bit of a surprise announcement, Dana White booked the next lightweight title fight shortly after the most recent one. T.J. Grant and Gray Maynard's fight at UFC 160 next month will determine...
- Dana White pledges financial support to Boston Marathon bombing victims
As a former Boston resident, Dana White admits it's a struggle for him to not talk about this past week's Boston Marathon bombings. But the UFC president is sure of one thing: He's going to try and...
- Following UFC on FOX 7 loss, UFC boss wants Nate Diaz to stay at lightweight
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Earlier this week Nate Diaz said he planned to move from lightweight to welterweight regardless of what happened at Saturday's UFC on FOX 7 event. Don't count UFC President Dana...
- UFC on FOX 7 salaries: Benson Henderson, Frank Mir earn biggest fight purses
Main-event winner Benson Henderson and co-main-event loser Frank Mir were the top earners at Saturday's UFC on FOX 7 event and each earned $200,000. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) obtained the...
- Judge who scored for Gil a Gracie affiliate
Wade Vierra, the one judge who scored last night's UFC on Fox 7 Lightweight title fight for challenger Gilbert Melendez is a business associate of Melendez' coach Cesar Gracie. Link
- Michel dos Prazeres in for Lance Benoist against Paulo Thiago at UFC on FX 8
Lance Benoist has been forced out of his welterweight fight against Paulo Thiago at UFC on FX 8. The UFC has signed undefeated Michel dos Prazeres to step in. Link
- Erik Perez out, Johnny Bedford now meets Bryan Caraway at UFC 159
An injury has knocked Erik Perez (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC) out of Saturday's bantamweight bout against Johnny Bedford (19-9-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC 159, and Bryan Caraway (17-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will step in to...
- UFC on FOX 7 medical suspensions: Cormier, Diaz, Mein among long terms
All 24 competitors from this past Saturday's UFC on FOX 7 received medical suspensions. Of those, main-card fighters Daniel Cormier, Nate Diaz and Jordan Mein were given longer terms. Link
- UFC on FX 8 an immediate sellout, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta says
Brazil shows no signs of cooling on the UFC. UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta told MMAjunkie.com Radio that the promotion's next event in the country, UFC on FX 8, "sold out immediately." Link
- Audio: UFC 159 Conference Call
Come and listen to the full call featuring Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen, Michael Bisping and Alan Belcher. Complete Call
- CSAC head defends judges' selection at UFC on FOX 7
California State Athletic Commission Executive Officer Andy Foster insists he hired the right people to judge at this past Saturday's UFC on FOX 7 event. Link
- Jon Jones targets superfights after breaking Tito Ortiz's title-defense record
Provided he gets past Chael Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) this Saturday at UFC 159, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) plans to fight again in November. And if successful...
- Chael Sonnen says Jon Jones is 'considerably better' than Anderson Silva
For the better part of two years, Chael Sonnen went out of his way to denigrate Anderson Silva. In the process of twice challenging the UFC middleweight champion and twice coming up short, Sonnen...
- Signal to Noise: UFC on FOX 7's best and worst
There was much to love about UFC on FOX 7. The card itself delivered in almost every way possible. The less than meaningful UFC vs. Strikeforce rivalry was nevertheless fun to hang onto. The San Jose...
- Fresh off sweep, Team Alpha Male's Duane Ludwig enjoying life more as trainer than fighter
It should have been a given that Duane Ludwig would get quick results. His nickname, after all, is "Bang," a moniker he earned even before his record-setting, six-second knockout in 2006. As a...
- Strawweight Bec Hyatt had a "run in" with Fallon Fox before Invicta 5 fight
Only hours before her submission win on April 8, Hyatt had a altercation with transgender Featherweight Fallon Fox in the hotel lobby. Link
- Joanne Calderwood would be pleased to fight anyone, even the best MMA fighter in the world
Joanne Calderwood's been in the news a lot recently with her latest fight announcement and her signing a 6 fight contract to Invicta and earlier on today, MMA Mental were able to get her thoughts in...
- Mauricio Rua cuts ties with André Dida; Cezer Ferreira joins Blackzilians
Two notable Brazilian fighters have announced changes to their training camps for their upcoming fights. Link
- Yves Edwards vs. Spencer Fisher added to July's UFC on FOX 8 event
A lightweight matchup between two of the more experienced 155-pounders in the UFC is set for July's UFC on FOX 8 event as Yves Edwards meets Spencer Fisher. Link
- Michael Bisping ramps up fight with Alan Belcher ahead of UFC 159
With all kinds of focus on the UFC 159 main event between Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, Michael Bisping steered attention toward the co-feature in a big way. Link
- UFC 159's Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones could beat up Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali
In recent years, Chael Sonnen has proven himself as a master of self-promotion. So why is it that in advance of his UFC 159 clash with Jon Jones, he seems more interesting in hyping his opponent than...
- Benson Henderson Addresses The Fans On Finishing Rate
I know I’m not the best (yet, ;-D), I was never the fastest, or strongest, or most athletic, or most technical or anything like that. Go ahead and ask any of my high school or college wrestling...
- TUF 17 Interview: Zak Cummings tells us why he didn't get the wild card slot
Zak gives us all the inside info from the TUF 17 house, he also tells us the reason Chael didn't give him the wild card slot. LINK
- Michael Chiesa vs. Reza Madadi added to UFC on FOX 8 in Seattle
Another lightweight fight has been added to July's UFC on FOX 8 event, as Michael Chiesa (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) meets Reza Madadi (13-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC). FOXSports.com first reported the booking, and UFC...
- UFC champ Georges St-Pierre: Lightweight move likely easier than middleweight
For years, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has teased the idea of moving up to 185 pounds. While he's not ruling out such a change, he believes a cut to lightweight would be much easier....
- Miesha Tate vs. Liz Carmouche for UFC on FOX 8? Depends on doctor's clearance
A high-stakes women's bantamweight bout is in the making for UFC on FOX 8 on July 27 -- provided one of the potential participants gets a doctor's note first. Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche are in...
- Recent UFC fighter Pat Schilling, 24, announces MMA retirement
Recent UFC competitor "Thrilling" Pat Schilling today announced his MMA retirement at the rather youthful age of 24. Schilling (5-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC) today made the announcement via social media....
- 'The Ultimate Fighter: Canada vs. Australia' reportedly in the works
After splitting a pair of tournaments with the U.K. on "The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes," it appears Australia will next tangle with Canada on an upcoming international edition of the UFC's...
- Manager: Gegard Mousasi considering drop to 185, wants top 5 opponent
Only a few short weeks after his UFC debut, Mousasi is already thinking about what he wants to do next with the promotion. His manager told UFC Tonight that he'd be open to a move to Middleweight if...
- UFC's T.J. Dillashaw wants short rest, open to fight with 'name' Brad Pickett
Following a weekend win at UFC on FOX 7, T.J. Dillashaw is looking at the bantamweight division's rankings and hoping to fight one of the names listed above him. Dillashaw (8-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) picked...
- Exclusive Interview: Going old school: Enson Inoue
MMA Mental go old school chatting with a true MMA veteran, Enson Inoue fought in the UFC and Pride FC and was know for his heart and his never say die attitude. He talks to us about his career...