- Fallon Fox releases statement regarding UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione
Fallon Fox has responded to Matt Mitrione following his derogatory tirade on "The MMA Hour". Link
- Jon Jones: Chael Sonnen is in the 'promote fight' business, I’m in the 'remain champion' business
Jon Jones spent over a month isolated in Las Vegas filmingThe Ultimate Fighter 17. In that time, daily interactions with Chael Sonnen became the norm. Link
- Frank Mir says Daniel Cormier has a 'false sense of security,' promises to take one of his limbs home
Frank Mirheard Daniel Cormier call him out in front of the world. Mir listened as Cormier plotted his course to the top, a grand plan culminating with a tour at light heavyweight to take Jon Jones'...
- Chael Sonnen time caspsule
The LYRICAL GENIUS circa 2008....... Link ((Click on the play button)) - - you are welcome
- Dave Herman passes drug test, reinstated to fight in UFC
As Matt Mitrione prepares for a forced layoff from the octagon, another UFC heavyweight is set to return. Link
- Twelve-bout TUF 17 Finale lineup set, includes Casey-Samman, Andrews-Quinlan
With the taped content for "The Ultimate Fighter 17" now in the books, the promotion has released the evening's 12-bout lineup. Among the additions are semifinalists Josh Samman (9-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC)...
- Former UFC champ Pat Miletich considering U.S. Senate run
Pat Miletich, a former UFC champion who turned to broadcasting after his MMA retirement in 2008, is reportedly considering a run for the U.S. Senate. Miletich discussed the possibility with the...
- UFC 160 loses Gunnar Nelson to injury; Story steps in
Icelandic welterweight prospect Gunnar Nelson is out of his UFC 160 fight against Mike Pyle. Replacing him is recent UFC 158 winner Rick Story. Link
- Nate Diaz manager now Mike Kogan, not Cesar Gracie
It appears Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz has ended a significant part of his mixed martial arts (MMA) relationship with famed trainer Cesar Gracie....
- UFC 159's Alan Belcher warns Bisping: 'I haven't felt like this in forever'
Alan Belcher sees Michael Bisping, and he knows what he wants. Of course, in order to have a chance at it, it's Bisping he has to go through. Link
- Rousey prefers to coach against Tate but wants to fight undefeated Zingano
Ronda Rousey isn't sure who will win this weekend's title eliminator at The Ultimate Fighter 17, but she see advantages to fighting both Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano. Link
- ONE FC 9 set for May 31 with Banario-Oishi, Fernandes-Okazaki title fights
The Asia-based ONE FC organization has unveiled a championship doubleheader for its next event, "ONE FC 9: Rise to Power." Link
- UFC Joins the Fight to Save Olympic Wrestling, Calls on Bellator and Viacom for Cooperation
When the International Olympic Committee (IOC) voted in February to cut wrestling from the Olympic Games starting in 2020, the decision sent shock waves not only through the wrestling community, but...
- Bellator's 'Summer Series' returns with three four-man tournaments
Bellator MMA will return this summer for another "Summer Series" of tournaments, but it will do so with a twist on its regular format. Instead of eight-fighter tournaments like it has done throughout...
- Alexander Gustaffson camp requests Lyoto Machida or UFC injury fill-in
Taken out of a key fight due to injury, Alexander Gustafsson would like to fill the gap if the UFC later finds itself in a similar jam as an injury replacement – or face former light heavyweight...
- Rory MacDonald vs. Jake Ellenberger confirmed for UFC on Fox 8 in Seattle
A massive welterweight clash is set for UFC on Fox 8 in Seattle on July 27th, as Rory MacDonald fights Jake Ellenberger. Link
- Invicta CEO Shannon Knapp says TV key component for attracting sponsors
Invicta CEO Shannon Knapp believes the promotion could sustain itself by staying an online property. But when it comes to garnering sponsors for events and fighters, she's operating at a disadvantage...
- Georges St. Pierre with a message for Johny Hendricks: 'I'm already training'
Hendricks has finally gotten what he's been waiting for - a chance to fight for the welterweight title. He's still got a long way to go before he gets the belt though, and the champion wants him to...
- Joe Proctor injured, scratched from UFC 159; promotion seeking replacement
UFC lightweight Joe Proctor (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) has been injured in training, and promotion officials are currently seeking a replacement opponent forAl Iaquinta (5-2-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at this month's...
- The Ultimate Fighter 17 marathon kicks off today at 11 a.m. ET on FUEL TV
If you missed one (or all) of "The Ultimate Fighter 17: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen," FUEL TV has you covered. Ahead of this weekend's The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale event, FUEL TV today airs a...
- Conor McGregor campaigning for UFC 159's open slot, second fight in three weeks
With Joe Proctor (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) out of this month's UFC 159 event due to an injury, as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported on Wednesday, one potential replacement has thrown his hat...
- Robbie Lawler vs. Tarec Saffiedine targeted for UFC on FOX 8 in Seattle
The final welterweight champion in Strikeforce history will make his UFC debut this summer. Tarec Saffiedine is targeted for a meeting with Robbie Lawler at UFC on FOX 8 on July 27 in Seattle. Link
- Castillo vs. Green, Herman vs. Del Rosario set for UFC on FOX 8
Two more bouts have been added to the UFC's summer return to Seattle for UFC on FOX 8. Danny Castillo and Bobby Green will meet at lightweight, and Shane Del Rosario will welcome back Dave Herman in...
- UFC on FOX 7's Daniel Cormier expects slightly improved Frank Mir under Jackson
Daniel Cormier has been training for Frank Mir for most of seven months. But the unique thing is that the Mir he'll face next week might be a slightly different one than the fighter he started...
- World Series of Fighting: Future Champs Series Furthers WSOF and NBC Sports Partnership
NBC Sports Network and World Series of Fighting on Thursday announced that they will further their partnership by unveiling an all-new television series, World Series of Fighting: Future Champions....
- Anderson Silva pursued by Pelé in Curitiba
José Landi-Jons had harsh words for Anderson Silva after spotting him on the street in Curitiba, Brazil. Link
- Rousey on Fox: 'She can cut her pecker off but...'
UFC women's Bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey commented on transgender women's MMA fighter Fallon Fox and the comments that got UFC Heavyweight Matt Mitrione suspended. Link
- Ludwig: If you don't like me, something is wrong
Former UFC lightweight / welterweight star, Duane Ludwig, discusses his retirement, working with Team Alpha Male, Bas Rutten and Dan Hardy in the conclusion of a two part interview. Link
- Exclusive Interview with the first British woman to make the UFC: Rosi Sexton
Rosi Sexton talks to us about getting the call to the big show and what he means to hear. She tells us how it all came about and what to expect from her when she faces Alexis Davies at UFC 161. LINK
- Conor McGregor: 'Nothing could've stopped me'
Despite several hiccups during fight week, UFC featherweight Conor McGregor says 'absolutely nothing' was going to stop him from having his dream debut against Marcus Brimage at UFC on FUEL TV 9....
- Satoshi Ishii vs. Pedro Rizzo in the Works
Satoshi Ishii was supposed to be the heavyweight star of Japanese MMA. At least that's what Japanese promoters were hoping when they threw him in with Fedor Emelianenko in only his seventh pro fight....
- Bellator MMA 'Spikes' in ratings, goes to 4-man tourneys for next season; summer return for King Mo
Expanding on their successful initial run on Spike TV, Bellator MMA will switch from 8-man to 4-man tournaments for the upcoming "Summer Series 2013" season, which will also feature the return of...
- After UFC on FUEL TV 9 win, Brad Pickett wants a top contender in Boston
Brad Pickett isn't likely pleased his win over Mike Easton this past Saturday in Sweden was a split decision. But it's over and done with, and next he wants a top contender on the UFC's August card...
- Ahead of TUF 17 Finale, Kelvin Gastelum tiring of Uriah Hall hype train
Kelvin Gastelum has nothing against Uriah Hall. In fact, he's actually quite fond of his Team Sonnen teammate. But Gastelum admits he's getting sick and tired of listening to the hype. Link
- Meet Mac Engel, who wants to know when the UFC is coming to Cowboys Stadium
Mac Engel asks everyone the same question. The gas-station attendant. The daycare workers. His friends. The mailman. And yes, especially UFC President Dana White. Link
- WSOF adds prospects-driven 'Future Champs' show to NBC Sports Network lineup
NBC Sports Network has expanded its World Series of Fighting programming beyond live events. Officials from the cable channel and rookie fight promotion today announced the debut of "World Series of...
- Mike Pierce vs. David Mitchell targeted for UFC 162
A welterweight bout between Mike Pierce (16-5 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and David Mitchell (12-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) is the latest fight targeted for July's UFC 162 event. Sources close to the event confirmed the...
- Al Iaquinta withdraws from UFC 159 following leg injury
Not even a day after Al Iaquinta's opponent Joe Proctor was forced off of UFC 159 with an injury, Iaquinta himself is off the card with an injured leg. Link
- GSP: I believe I weighed-in at 170.4 lbs
UFC Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre told the French language Canadian newspaper La Presse that he believes he weighed in at 170.4 pounds before his UFC 158 title fight with Nick Diaz....
- Nick Diaz weigh in video returns to Youtube after copyright claim is reversed
Following a complaint from the Nick Diaz camp over numerical fudging, video of a conversation between Nick Diaz and UFC exec. Mike Mersch was pulled, with Zuffa citing a DMCA copyright infringement....
- Swedish MMA Federation Explains Decision to Stop Alexander Gustafsson from Fighting
The Swedish Mixed Martial Arts Federation came under fire, particularly from UFC president Dana White, when its Medical Committee determined that a cut suffered in training by UFC on Fuel TV 9 main...
- UFC on Fuel TV 9 Medical Suspensions: Four Fighters Suspended 30 Days
The Swedish MMA Federation on Friday released the UFC on Fuel TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi medical suspensions to MMAWeekly.com. The list was short with just four fighters. Link
- Weidman wants to make beating Silva 'look easy'
Even though he'll be coming off almost a year long layoff and surgery on his elbow, Weidman is supremely confident heading into his first ever UFC championship fight. Link
- Allan 'Just Bones' Nascimento looks to nab Legacy FC flyweight title tonight
As a fighter nicknamed "Just Bones" by his early training partners, it seems fitting that Allan Nascimento is dropping down to flyweight for tonight's Legacy FC 19 title fight. Link
- UFC 162 adds lightweights Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi
A lightweight bout between strikers Edson Barboza and John Makdessi is the latest addition to July's UFC 162 event. Link
- Glenn Robinson: Other teams & coaches are jealous
Blackzilians team owner, Glenn Robinson, discusses Melvin Guillard's departure from the team, the win/loss ratio, and the inner workings of the team in this exclusive interview. Link
- UFC 161: Woodley favored over Shields
In a battle of grapplers, Tyron Woodley was set as an early favorite over former Strikeforce champ Jake Shields. Link
- Uriah Hall willing to fight top 10 opponent
Uriah Hall discusses his upcoming fight against Kevin Gastelum, his coach Chael Sonnen, the pressure he's facing, taking a bout with a top 10 opponent if offered and much more at TUF workouts. Link
- Flashy Page stays perfect with another quick win
Just three weeks after making his Bellator debut, talented striker Michael Page fought again, capturing another first-round victory, although in an unexpected way. Link
- The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale weigh-in results
MAIN CARD (FX, 9 p.m. ET) -Urijah Faber (136) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135.5) -Kelvin Gastelum (186) vs. Uriah Hall (185) - "TUF 17" tournament final -Miesha Tate (135.5) vs. Cat Zingano (136) -Travis...