- Mike Goldberg Returns to Broadcast Booth at UFC on Fox 6
After a brief absence due to illness, Mike Goldberg will be back in his regular broadcast duties alongside Joe Rogan at UFC on Fox 6. Link
- Ronda Rousey: Georges St. Pierre is popular because he's 'good-looking' and Canadian
UFC women's bantamweight champion has a well-deserved reputation for just saying what she thinks, and that trend continued recently. In a recent interview with the Las Vegas Review Journal, Rousey...
- Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez, Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir Confirmed For UFC On Fox 7
A pair of highly-interesting bouts have been confirmed for UFC on Fox 7, as Benson Henderson will defend his UFC lightweight title against Gilbert Melendez in the main event. Also, Frank Mir and...
- Rampage can't bring Reebok sponsorship into UFC
"My reasons for wanting to leave the UFC are still the same. Matchmaking is just one of the reasons. It's nothing about money. I've done this interview several times before and don't want to go into...
- Rampage blasts UFC, doesn't respect Teixiera
On todays Press Conference Call Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson blasted the UFC for there unfair treatment and lack of respect for fighters. Rampage was asked why he was leaving the UFC. When asked his...
- UFC on FOX 6 lineup finalized with Rafael Natal vs. Sean Spencer
Magnus Cedenblad has been forced out of next week's UFC on FOX 6 event, and Legacy FC veteran and promotional newcomer Sean Spencer has taken his spot. Link
- Fists Will Fly as Matt Brown Takes On Dan Hardy at UFC on Fox 7
UFC on Fox 7 is filling up fast and the latest addition is a welterweight contest with "Fight of the Night" written all over it. Link
- Free agent Josh Barnett: The right deal is needed to make me exclusive to the UFC
Entering into a free-agency period before his next contract, Josh Barnett wants to mix fighting with other pursuits. "It would take the right kind of deal to get me to be locked into some place...
- Number Of Strikeforce Fighters Headed For The UFC
A number of fighters were mentioned during Tuesday night's episode of UFC Tonight as signing UFC contracts from Strikeforce. The promotion folded after its last show this past Saturday night....
- Chael Sonnen Joins UFC Tonight Line-Up
Many people were surprised when Chael Sonnen was granted a UFC light heavyweight title shot, but his latest career move shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Link
- The Ultimate Fighter Brazil Draws NFL-Type Numbers
UFC president Dana White recently said in a keynote speech at a new media expo that The Ultimate Fighter Brazil is drawing NFL-type numbers. Link
- UFC announces list of Strikeforce fighters added to its roster (so far)
The confirmed list of Strikeforce fighters signed to UFC (so far) courtesy of UFC Tonight on FUEL TV: Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier (11-0) Light Heavyweight: Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2) Gian Villante...
- Ortiz: 'Going to be tough,' but Santos might make UFC's 135-pound limit
With his own fighting career over, UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz is instead focused on his management career and first client, who could soon be heading to the UFC's 135-pound women's division. Ortiz...
- FAO UK Fans - ESPN TO SHOW THE NEW SERIES OF THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER
The series will kick off with a two hour special airing on Tuesday 22nd January at 1am on ESPN London, UK – ESPN is set to air the 17th series of the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s long-running...
- UFC on FX 7 co-headliner C.B. Dollaway surprised by Brazil's hospitality
SAO PAULO – Middleweight C.B. Dollaway spent a good chunk of this past year wrestling not on the mats, but against a hip injury. But beginning with Saturday's UFC on FX 7 co-headliner, he said he's...
- UFC on FX 7's Michael Bisping says he's perplexed by Vitor Belfort's hypocrisy
SAO PAULO – Michael Bisping expected to walk into hostile territory when he arrived in Sao Paulo for Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event. But shockingly, he said, many Brazilians say they're rooting for...
- UFC on FX 7's Ben Rothwell: 'I'm a gringo, but I'm trained by Brazilians'
SAO PAULO – Ben Rothwell doesn't see Saturday's fight with fellow heavyweight Gabriel Gonzaga as a U.S. vs. Brazil matchup. In fact, after enduring a year of disappointments, he said his Brazilian...
- Five Strikeforce Fighters Drug Tested in Oklahoma, Including Nate Marquardt and Josh Barnett
Five Strikeforce fighters were drug tested in Oklahoma over the weekend, including past transgressors Nate Marquardt and Josh Barnett. Link
- Jon Jones Wishes Daniel Cormier Would Just Drop Weight Classes and Stop Talking About It
Jon Jones is open to a potential fight against Daniel Cormier but at this point he'd rather the former Olympian just drop weight and get in the fight. Link
- Rampage Jackson May Follow Kimbo Slice into Boxing, “Let the UFC Be My Past”
The days of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson being a UFC fighter have almost come to an end. Link
- Barnett not on Bellator's radar, Rampage may be
After the closing of Strikeforce last weekend and UFC On FX 7 this weekend there will be two notable free agents on the market, namely Barnett and Rampage. Bellator's CEO Bjorn Rebney explains his...
- Nick Newell responds to Dana White saying he'd 'never' be in the UFC, asks for his 'equal opportunity'
Nick Newell, an MMA fighter with only one hand, thinks that he deserves a chance to prove himself in the UFC, even if Dana White doesn't think so. Link
- BETA Academy ends association with Team Lloyd Irvin in wake of rape scandal
One of Team Lloyd Irvin's largest affiliate schools, BETA Academy, has cut ties with TLI in the wake of the rape scandal that has rocked the local BJJ scene. Link
- Ronda Rousey tweets 'interesting' video claiming Sandy Hook shootings were government conspiracy
UFC Women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is known for her rather strong opinions on just about any topic, and this one is no different. Today Rousey tweeted what she stated to be an...
- Manager: UFC champ Ronda Rousey meant no disrespect with Sandy Hook video
Ronda Rousey's manager today said the UFC women's bantamweight champ meant no disrespect when she retweeted a video linked to the Sandy Hook Truther Movement. Link
- Luke Rockhold wants to fight Costa Philippou at UFC on FOX 7
Luke Rockhold watches Strikeforce's biggest names receive their UFC debut fights and wonders when his number will be called. The last Strikeforce middleweight champion told MMAFighting.com recently...
- UFC's Marc Ratner says bonuses won't be paid out until return of drug tests
Link The UFC still is considering more changes to its existing policies regarding drug testing, but in advance of UFC on FX 7, the promotion has instituted two new rules to act as deterrents. All...
- Bellator 85 Weigh-in Results: Twin Title Fights Set
MAIN CARD: Pat Curran (144.8) vs. Patricio Pitbull (144.5) - FW Championship fight Michael Chandler (154.6) vs. Rick Hawn (155) - LW Championship fight Mikhail Zayats (205.7) vs. Babalu Sobral...
- 'Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine' drug tests come back clean
The five fighters who underwent drug testing at this past weekend's "Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine" event tested clean for performance-enhancing drugs and recreational/drugs of abuse. Link
- Siver out, Poirier in
The UFC have just tweeted that Dennis Siver is out of his fight in London against Cub Swanson. The good news is that even though Siver is out, Dustin Poirier will replace. LINK
- As with UFC, Spike TV predicting big success for new partner Bellator
The way Spike TV President Kevin Kay described it, Bellator MMA has spent the past year "off-Broadway" on MTV2, which might have been a good thing. But tonight, with Bellator's Spike TV premiere,...
- Video: Belfort and Bisping get heated at UFC on FX 7 press conference
What had been a rather cordial buildup to Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event took a stark turn in a different direction at Thursday's pre-event press conference. Link
- UFC on FX 7's Thiago Tavares seeking rebound year, whether he admits it or not
If you listen to Thiago Tavares tell it, 2012 wasn't one of the worst years of his professional life. But in truth, it was. Link
- After layoff, champ Pat Curran could be the aggressor at Bellator 85
Patricio Freire hasn't fought in 20 months. His opponent tonight, Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran, has been on the shelf for more than nine months. But things could quickly become...
- Rick Hawn having trouble finding sponsors
Bellator lightweight contender, Rick Hawn, discusses difficulty landing sponsors, despite being the headliner on the promotion's first Spike TV broadcast. Link
- GSP TAKES ON NICK DIAZ AT UFC 158 ON MARCH 16 IN MONTREAL?
UFC® WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONGEORGES ST-PIERRE TAKES ON BITTER RIVAL NICK DIAZ IN HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED MATCHUP ON MARCH 16 SIX OF UFC®’S TOP 10 WELTERWEIGHTS IN ACTION AT UFC® 158: ST-PIERRE vs. DIAZ–...
- ONE FC 7 to be aired live in Canada on Fight Network, Plans 12 shows for 2013
ONE Fighting Championship's 7th event will happen on Feb 2, and Canadian fans are lucky as the show will be aired live on the Fight Network. Link
- Bellator 85 results: Michael Chandler, Pat Curran defend titles
One had a thrilling finish, and the other was 25 minutes of back-and-forth striking. In the end, both lightweight champion Michael Chandler and featherweight champ Pat Curran defended their belts at...
- Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission joins IMMAF regulatory group
The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) today welcomed the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission, or Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA), to its list of member commissions. "This...
- UFC releases nine fighters from their roster, including Chad Griggs, Jeff Hougland, and Marcus LeVesseur
With the Strikeforce migration underway, the UFC was forced to make some room for their newest signings. The news of fighter releases had been relatively quiet over the last several weeks, but the...
- UFC on FX 7 Weigh-In Results
oday’s official UFC on FX 7 Weigh-in ceremony took place from the Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil. All but one fighter made the contracted weight for tomorrow night’s event on FX...
- Bellator 85 draws close to 1 million viewers in Spike TV debut
The ratings are in and Bellator's Spike TV debut featuring two title fights drew 938,000 viewers, a very strong showing. Link
- JDS' 'personal issue' was divorce
Former UFC Heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos was dealing with the collapse of his 10-year marriage heading into the fight Brazilian reporter Guilherme Cruz has revealed. Link
- Eddie Alvarez Heads to Court On Jan 25 Seeking Injunction To Allow Him to Sign with UFC
Former Bellator champion Eddie Alvarez will head to court on Jan 25 to seek an injunction that would allow him to sign and fight for the UFC. Link
- Bellator MMA Brings $100,000 Lightweight Tournament Finals to California’s Pechanga Resort & Casino March 7th
Newport Beach, CA. (January 18, 2013) – The stage is set for a Bellator MMA Lightweight Tournament Finals showdown as Dave “The Fugitive” Jansen battles submission ace Marcin Held on March 7th from...
- Manager Ortiz: Since Rousey got tuneup fight, only fair Santos gets one too
The dance of contract negotiation continues between the UFC and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, said her manager, UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz. Their desire for a tuneup fight could be a sticking point....
- Bellator boss: Division too stacked for immediate Curran-Freire rematch
Bellator MMA kicked off its run on Spike TV with a highly technical and entertaining title fight, but given the depth of the featherweight division, Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney ruled out...
- Bellator 85 medical suspensions: Tourney winner Noe out indefinitely
Jacob Noe may have earned his biggest career win over Seth Petruzelli, but didn't get out unscathed. Noe has drawn an indefinite suspension for a possible orbital fracture following Bellator 85 in...
- UFC adds Camila Oliveira and Aline Franzoi as UFC on FX 7 octagon girls
SAO PAULO – For the first time in UFC history, Brazilian octagon girls will grace the promotion's famed octagon. Camila Oliveira and Aline Franzoi, both Sao Paulo natives, have cage duties for...
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi likely for UFC on FUEL TV 9
A light-heavyweight between Alexander Gustafsson and former Strikeforce champion Gegard Mousasi is targeted as the headliner of an April 6 event in Sweden, likely to be UFC on FUEL TV 9. Link