- Jim Miller targets Gray Maynard rematch following triumphant UFC 155 win
Now that he's dispatched Joe Lauzon, Jim Miller would like to fight the man who was supposed to be in his shoes at UFC 155. That's Gray Maynard, who previously handed Miller his first loss in the UFC...
- Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi added to UFC 158 in Montreal
A lightweight matchup that seems sure to provide fireworks has been added to UFC 158 as Daron Cruickshank (12-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) meets John Makdessi (10-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC). UFC officials on Friday evening...
- Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring joins UFC 158 lineup
Middleweights Chris Camozzi (18-5 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Nick Ring (13-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will meet in March at UFC 158. Officials today announced the matchup between "The Ultimate Fighter" alumni. Featuring...
- Strikeforce's Hirota vs. Yahya, Guimares vs. Lim added to UFC on FUEL TV 8
The UFC's return to Japan has two new fights, including the promotional debut of a fighter imported from the soon-to-close Strikeforce organization. Japanese fighter and onetime Strikeforce...
- Mike Goldberg denies rehab rumors, hopes to return for UFC On Fox 6
I'm doing well," he said. "Those rumors out there are not true. I'm dealing with a complicated health issue but feeling better and hoping to be back to 100 percent by Jan. 26 (UFC on FOX 6 in...
- All UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 fighters pass post-fight drug tests
After a slow start to the pay-per-view, UFC 155 delivered two of the most dramatic fights in recent memory. In the co-main event Lightweight Joe Lauzon poured blood out of his forehead for 13 minutes...
- Bellator announces Rad Martinez vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev tournament final February 21
Bellator is full speed ahead on their upcoming debut season on Spike TV, with a constant stream of quality fight announcements. The latest is a bit of unfinished business from the recently completed...
- Chandler: No thankyou to rematch with Alvarez
Michael Chandler has sent the following message out to his fans: Link
- Corassani turns down fight with Peralta
Akira Corassani has turned down a fight at UFC 156 with Robert Peralta. He tweeted the following messages to his fans: Link
- UFC 155's Jamie Varner anticipates April return, four opponents on radar
Jamie Varner said Rafael Dos Anjos, Ross Pearson, Matt Wiman and T.J. Grant are among the fighters he's looking at for his next octagon appearance. The former WEC champ anticipates an injured thumb...
- UK MMA responds: Paul 'The Titan' Taylor talks Tyson Fury
- Ricci dropping to LW, wants fight at UFC 158
Mike Ricci feel he has paid his dues, its now his time to shine. He has sent out the following tweet to the UFC: link
- Nick Diaz isn't returning Dana White's calls or texts
Since being signed in mid 2011, Nick Diaz has been a bit of a problem child for UFC president Dana White. After being granted an immediate title shot at UFC 137, Diaz blew off the first round of...
- Knapp: "If you're truly a fan of mixed martial arts, you can't be gender biased"
"If you're truly a fan of mixed martial arts, you can't be gender biased," Invicta Fighting Championship president Shannon Knapp said in a recent telephone interview. "If MMA is about fighters...
- Strikeforce's Anthony Smith called out Roger Gracie, plans win on way to UFC
Strikeforce middleweight Anthony Smith will soon face the biggest challenge of his MMA career for one simple reason: He asked for it. Link
- Pedro Nobre replaces George Roop, meets Yuri Alcantara at UFC on FX 7
It appears Brazilian bantamweight Yuri Alcantara now has his third different opponent for his appearance at this month's UFC on FX 7 event. Link
- UFC 157, Rousey and Carmouche get 'UFC Primetime' treatment
Next month's UFC 157 event and the first-ever UFC women's bout and title fight will get the "UFC Primetime" treatment on FX and FUEL TV. Link
- Francis Carmont is Looking to Pick a Fight with Either Mark Munoz or Yushin Okami
Francis Carmont has been on a tear since he emerged in the Octagon. Now he's ready to take another step up, so he's calling for a fight with either Mark Munoz or Yushin Okami. Link
- TUF Smashes runner up Brad Scott on Tyson Fury
Bradley Scott gives his views on Tyson Fury's outburst Link
- UFC 2012 Stats: AKA as most successful camp in 2012
The guys over at StudioMMA.com and MMAnytt.se have collaborated to put together this awesome infographic of UFC 2012 stats. No wonder they topped our top 10 fight camps of 2012. Also of note, the...
- Ronda Rousey to make $75K/$75K at UFC 157, Liz Carmouche $12K/12K
A rumor has surfaced that the UFC's first women's champion will be making her debut with a very impressive fight purse. Link
- Edson Barboza Found a Team in New Jersey and a Mentor in Frankie Edgar
Edson Barboza talks about the friendship he's built with former UFC champion Frankie Edgar, and how his new approach to training makes him feel like he's learning everything. Link
- Dan Henderson open to UFC fight against teammate Chael Sonnen
Two MMA stars from Team Quest in Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen are now competing at light heavyweight, and Hendo says a bout against his teammate is "quite possible". Link
- UFC buys LA Boxing gym chain
The Ultimate Fighting Championship, which launched their own line of UFC gyms a couple of years back, announced today they have purchased the LA Boxing gym chain. Link
- Bellator sues 'betrayed' Eddie Alvarez, fight future in limbo pending lawsuit
When Eddie Alvarez fulfilled the final fight on his Bellator contract last October, he did so in impressive fashion by disposing of Patricky Freire in the very first round via knockout. The...
- Yves Jabouin vs. Johnny Eduardo official for UFC 158
UFC 158 is shaping up nicely as more fights pour in for the Montreal, QC show set for March 16th. Today UFC Canada made the first bantamweight booking of this card official, as Yves Jabouin fights...
- Bjorn Rebney on dispute over matching Eddie Alvarez's UFC offer: 'We didn't alter a word'
When Bjorn Rebney launched Bellator in 2008, Eddie Alvarez was his first big splash. Rebney gave the lightweight star a $100,000 signing bonus and made him a building block for the organization, and...
- Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg added to February's UFC 156 fight card
A lightweight bout between Strikeforce import Isaac Vallie-Flagg and "Thugjitsu Master" Yves Edwards is the latest addition to February's UFC 156 event. Link
- One FC Announces Malaysian National Featherweight Championship Tournament
ONE Fighting Championship announced on Monday the launch of its Malaysian National Featherweight Championship Tournament. Link
- Okami vs Lombard Added to March 3 Japan Show
Japanese middleweight contender Yushin “Thunder” Okami has been added to the Ultimate Fighting Championship® card scheduled for Mar. 3 at the Saitama Super Arena. The UFC® announced that the...
- Gegard Mousasi says he would drop to 185 if offered Anderson Silva
Strikeforce light heavyweight star, Gegard Mousasi, discusses upcoming fight with Mike Kyle and future options. Link
- NSAC to Overeem: "License Granted"
Today, Alistair Overeem is meeting with the NSAC to apply for his license as an MMA athlete. He will be asked to present evidence that he has been clean during his suspension and will find out if he...
- Chico Camus vs. Dustin Kimura joins UFC 156 Super Bowl show
A bantamweight bout between Chico Camus and undefeated promotional newcomer Dustin Kimura is the newest addition to next month's UFC 156 card. Link
- Sean Pierson vs. Rick Story added to UFC 158 in Montreal
The quickly filling UFC 158 fight card has a new welterweight addition: Sean Pierson (13-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC) vs. Rick Story (14-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC). Officials today announced the bout. UFC 158 takes place...
- Roger Hollett out, Wagner Prado meets Ildemar Alcantara at UFC on FX 7
A torn bicep has forced Canadian Roger Hollett out of a planned appearance at next week's UFC on FX 7 event, and Wagner Prado now reportedly meets UFC newcomer Ildemar Alcantara. Link
- Buddy Roberts out of UFC on FOX 6 due to illness, mouth injury
A bad case of the flu and an injury sustained in training will keep Buddy Roberts out of UFC on FOX 6, sources close to the fighter today told MMAjunkie.com. Link
- Bellator fighter Paul Daley scheduled for fight in Ireland on February 23
After some trials and tribulations, it appears that Daley has finally been approved for a fight outside the Bellator umbrella. Bellator Welterweight Paul Daley was expected to fight on the...
- Ed Herman feels that Jake Shields tested positive for performance enhancing drug
UFC middleweight, Ed Herman, discusses being on the last Strikeforce card, and his suspicions that Jake Shields tested positive for PEDs. Saturday night, the bell tolls for Strikeforce, with the...
- UFC draws more than 100 fighters to scouting session in Mexico City
While in Mexico City showing off its new heavyweight champion, the UFC got a taste of Latino talent, as an informal scouting session drew 115 fighters. Link
- UFC featherweight contender Diego Nunes has left Nova Uniao
UFC featherweight contender Diego Nunes (18-3) has left the Nova Uniao camp in Brazil after (understandably) playing second fiddle to reigning division champion Jose Aldo, according to SporTV. "The...
- BELLATOR VET ALEXIS VILA RETURNS TO FLYWEIGHT, MEETS JOSHUA SAMPO FOR CFA BELT ON JAN. 19
Bellator tournament veteran Alexis Vila will return to 125 pounds on Jan. 19, when “The Exorcist” takes on Joshua Sampo for the Championship Fighting Alliance flyweight title at CFA 9. “I decided to...
- With cast announced, 'The Ultimate Fighter 17' could prove volatile
More than two dozen middleweight fighters have been selected for the upcoming 17th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," and one of them is apparently capable of reducing his opponents to nervous...
- After Rough Start, Jussier Formiga Wants Louis Gaudinot for Second Trip to the Octagon
Former top ranked flyweight Jussier Formiga says he learned a valuable lesson about Octagon jitters in his first fight but now he's ready for redemption and he's targeting Louis Gaudinot. Link
- Strikeforce odds: Daniel Cormier opens as 20-1 favorite over Dion Staring
Take those few bucks you were going to spend on coffee and a doughnut and plunk it down on Dion Staring. Link
- UFC 156 main card set, McCall vs. Benavidez takes final PPV slot
The main card is set for UFC 156, the newest and upcoming edition of the UFC's annual Super Bowl weekend card. As previously announced, the event takes place Feb. 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in...
- Mousasi's New Start Coincides with Strikeforce's Swan Song
It wouldn’t be accurate to say Gegard Mousasi had a charmed mixed martial arts life from 2003 to 2011, but in a sport where practically everyone has had to deal with the reality of a serious injury...
- More than 16 Years Later, Belfort is Still Relevant and Dangerous
It’s February 7, 1997, a little over three years since the first UFC. It’s before the current regulations, and competitors are still permitted to fight more than once a night. Link
- Brothers Get New Opponents at Brazil Event
Next Saturday's Belfort vs. Bisping fight card continues to be reshuffled as injuries have forced two more replacements on the Sao Paulo card. Light heavyweight prospect Wagner Prado will now face...
- Fletcher: I would like to fight Ricci
In MMA Mental's interview with Colin ' The Freakshow' Fletcher we asked him who he would like to fight next. He said he was happy to face who ever the UFC placed in front og him but if he could...
- Sam Alvey signs with MFC
'Smilin' Sam Alvey has confirmed that his first fight after leaving the house will be with Maximum Fighting Championship against Elvis Mutapcic for the Middleweight Title. LINK