MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Ricardo Funch In To Face Mike Pyle at UFC 142
    Ricardo Funch will get a second chance in the Octagon as he steps up on short notice to face Mike Pyle at UFC 142 in Brazil. UFC officials announced the booking on Saturday. Funch, a training partner...
  2. Jamie Varner signs multi-fight deal with the XFC
    (Tampa, FL) Xtreme Fighting Championships (XFC), the Southeast’s largest Mixed Martial Arts promotion is proud to announce the signing of Jamie Varner. The former WEC lightweight champion has signed...
  3. EXCLUSIVE: Junie Browning Says He is in Hiding, Seeks U.S. Embassy Help
    Former UFC lightweight Junie Browning is in hiding in fear for his life after an altercation in Thailand that left the 26-year-old fighter with multiple injuries. Injured and scared overseas,...
  4. White hints at GSP or Jones farewell for Anderson Silva.
    Dana White has hinted that he would like Anderson Silva's final fight to be against either Jon Jones or Georges St-Pierre. Silva is widely recognised to be heading into the final fights of his...
  5. Travis Marx is final entrant in Bellator's Season 6 Bantamweight tourney
    Veteran fighter Travis Marx is the eighth and final addition to Bellator's season-six bantamweight tournament. Marx (18-3 MMA, 0-0 BFC), a veteran of the Jackson's MMA Series and Jeremy Horn's Elite...
  6. Replacement Caio Magalhaes meets Fabio Maldonado at UFC 142 in Brazil
    UFC newcomer and replacement fighter Caio Magalhaes had been added to next month's UFC 142 event, UFC officials today announced. Magalhaes (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) replaces previously scratched Stanislov...
  7. M-1 Global doesn't want Fedor Emelianenko to fight mediocre fighters ...
    "At this moment, for us, the key thing is the level of the opponent, and not how much we get paid. I can say that if we were unable to agree with Ishii, we wouldn't participate in this tournament. We...
  8. UFC 141: Brock Lesnar promises fans 'the same guy who beat Frank Mir to a pulp' against Alistair Overeem
    Look, I've had a great camp. This is the best I have felt in years and lardy-lardy-da... I could go through all the clichés about how in shape I am but the fact is, I know myself and my own body and...
  9. I Take On Bloody Elbow's Shoddy Journalism About Miesha Tate In An Article Of My Own
    You have to love a journalist that fails to do their due diligence. Bloody Elbow’s Brent Brookhouse recently wrote an article about Gilbert Melendez and Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos being the new...
  10. Frank Mir: Strikeforce heavyweights add much needed depth to UFC roster
    Mir talks to ESPN 1100/98.9 FM's "MMA Insiders" show (via Yahoo Sports): "We don't have the type of depth that the other weight classes have and I think it's only a benefit to move them (Strikeforce...
  11. Gilbert Melendez Says He has Done More Than Ben Henderson to Earn Title Shot
    "I don't feel like I shouldn't be in this position, I'm not crying about my position but I think I've done more than Ben Henderson," told Fighting Famous TV. "You know, these guys were on The...
  12. UFC Cuts Cole Escovedo
    Lost amidst the Strikeforce/Showtime extension and busy weekend in combat sports was the news the UFC has cut bantamweight Cole Escovedo, confirmed by the fighter via Twitter. He made his UFC debut...
  13. Kenny Florian eager to make lightweight return in 2012, eyes one more run at UFC gold
    "Dropping to the featherweight division was way too much for my body to handle. The Diego Nunes fight was the worst I've ever felt on a weigh-in day. Luckily, I felt better on fight day and was able...
  14. Overeem ready for UFC 141 'dream fight,' looks forward to future bout with Dos Santos
    While much of the buildup for next week's year-end UFC 141 event has focused on the health of Brock Lesnar (5-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and the licensing difficulties of Alistair Overeem (35-11 MMA, 0-0 UFC),...
  15. UFC 141's Lesnar relates to Overeem's plight but unconcerned with potential distractions.
    As a massive 6-foot-3 heavyweight who cuts weight to make the 265-pound heavyweight limit, former UFC champion Brock Lesnar (5-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) is no stranger to questions regarding...
  16. Herb Dean hoped Nogueira would submit before break
    In professional mixed martial arts a referee is only trained to react after damage has been done, not to prevent it when a submission is being applied. The thought being that these two professionals...
  17. Brock: I've had the same PED accusations as Overeem my whole life
    As a massive heavyweight who cuts weight to make the 265-pound heavyweight limit, Brock Lesnar is no stranger to questions regarding performance-enhancing substance use. But as he prepares for his...
  18. Ronnie Mann joins Bellator's season-six featherweight tourney
    Ronnie Mann (21-4-1 MMA, 3-1 BFC) is joining a second Bellator tournament. The English fighter, who posted a semifinal finish during the "Summer Series" tournament earlier this year, has joined the...
  19. UFC 141's Alistair Overeem passes drug test, cleared for PPV headliner
    Next week's UFC 141 main event will remain intact. After issues with a recent Nevada State Athletic Commission-mandated drug test, Alistair Overeem (35-11 MMA, 0-0 UFC) finally has taken and passed a...
  20. Koch Out of UFC 143 Showdown with Poirier Due to Injury
    Erik Koch has suffered an unspecified injury and will be unable to compete at UFC 143, promotion officials announced Tuesday. Koch was scheduled to lock horns with fellow featherweight prospect...
  21. Strikeforce import Lavar Johnson meets Joey Beltran at UFC on FOX 2
    The Strikeforce heavyweights are coming. Less than one week after UFC president Dana White announced that Strikeforce would no longer be promoting heavyweight contests, UFC executives today announced...
  22. Spike Counter-Programming UFC, Bellator With Friday TUF Marathons
    The UFC/Spike relationship continued its jilted lover getting revenge feel as the network announced Tuesday they will air marathons of The Ultimate Fighter on Friday nights starting on Friday, March...
  23. Wagnney Fabiano, Marlon Sandro Set For Bellator Featherweight Tournament
    Former IFL featherweight champion and prominent WEC fighter Wagnney Fabiano has been added to Bellator's season six featherweight tournament along with Summer Series featherweight tournament finalist...
  24. UFC 145 official for Montreal in March, gets MacDonald vs. Mills
    As expected, the Ultimate Fighting Championship will return to Montreal in March for UFC 145. And while the fight card is expected to take place on March 24 at Bell Centre, UFC executives have to...
  25. 'Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal' salaries: Melendez, Mousasi top $580K list
    Gilbert Melendez: $150,000 (no win bonus) def. Jorge Masvidal: $23,000 Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus) def. Hiroko Yamanaka: $8,000 Gegard Mousasi: $150,000 (no win...
  26. As Strikeforce nixes heavyweights, recovering Antonio Silva eyes move to UFC
    With consecutive wins over Fedor Emelianenko, Mike Kyle and Andrei Arlovski, former EliteXC champ Antonio Silva (16-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) looked well on his way to establishing himself as one of MMA's top...
  27. Lamas replaces Koch, set to fight Dustin Poirer at UFC 143
    An injury has forced Erik Koch out of his UFC 143 contenders' match against Dustin Poirier, UFC president Dana White confirmed today. Fellow rising 145er Ricardo Lamas, has stepped up to fill the...
  28. Report: Lesnar made $5.3 million from fighting in 2010
    ESPN the Magazine is reporting that UFC heavyweight fighter Brock Lesnar made $5.3 million from fighting in 2010. Lesnar is getting paid huge money to crush his opponents in the ring – and that’s...
  29. Mayhem: Dana White was right, I displayed the worst of everything
    As someone who goes to my website, you are well aware that I lost my recent fight. I am very disappointed about it, but have used the past couple weeks to reflect on everything and have come to some...
  30. Mousasi, Melendez top Strikeforce payroll with $150k
    Gilbert Melendez: $150,000 (no win bonus) Jorge Masvidal: $23,000 Melendez defeated Masvidal via unanimous decision Cristiane Santos: $66,000 ($33,000 to show, $33,000 to win) Hiroko Yamanaka: $8,000...
  31. The Outlaw and The Losing Streak
    If Dan Hardy had his way he would have shaved the mohawk by now. Five minutes with some clippers, one quick swoop down the middle of his head, and the signature hairstyle that makes him so...
  32. Chad Griggs Set to Make UFC Debut in 2012
    MMA's most famous mutton chops are heading to the Octagon. Heavyweight, Chad Griggs, is among several fighters to jump ship to the UFC as Strikeforce phases out its heavyweight division, as MMA...
  33. Philip De Fries vs. Stipe Miocic added to UFC on FUEL TV 1
    A pair of undefeated heavyweights will clash in Nebraska as Phil De Fries (8-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) faces Stipe Miocic (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at UFC on FUEL TV 1. UFC officials today announced the contest....
  34. Rousey: 'Cyborg' fight needs to happen
    "I think it's just too soon marketing-wise," Rousey told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I know that I'm capable of beating any woman in the world at any moment, but I think that if me and Cris...
  35. Junie Browning turns himself in to Phuket police
    Junie Allen Browning visited a police station on Phuket late today in the latest twist to the American fugitive fighter's battle to tell his side of a brawl that started in a bar and continued at a...
  36. Ishii, Monson Fights Represent the Last Phase of Fedor's Career
    The best heavyweight in MMA history will make his return to the ring on New Year's Eve in Japan, when Fedor Emelianenko faces the former Olympic judo gold medalist Satoshi Ishii, and the fan reaction...
  37. Think Brock Lesnar Can't Take a Punch? He Begs to Differ
    As isolated as Brock Lesnar is in his Minnesota training camp, and as successfully as he manages to avoid the internet most of the time, some criticisms still find their way out of the petri dish of...
  38. 'Superior Cage Combat 4: Grove vs. Silva' set for Feb. 16 in Las Vegas
    The Las Vegas-based Superior Cage Combat promotion returns to action in February, and UFC veterans Kendall Grove (13-9) and Jay Silva (7-4) headline the event. Promotion officials recently announced...
  39. UFC signs undefeated Azamat Gashimov
    MMADieHards.com has learned that russian prospect Azamat Gashimov to the UFC Azamat has a record of 7-0 with six impressive finishes with his latest being an armbar submission victory over Azay...
  40. Dan Hardy wants to 'smash' Matt Hughes
    The Brit currently does not have an opponent nor date, but he is targeting late Spring for his next fight. Top of his list of opponents would be the legendary Matt Hughes, and Hardy revealed he has...
  41. ‘Tractor’ Oliveira Injured, Out of UFC on FX 1
    Despite originally receiving clearance to compete at UFC on FX 1, it appears Rafaello Oliveira has withdrawn from his bout with Reza Madadi due to a nagging hand injury. Oliveira revealed his...
  42. James Te Huna Meets Aaron Rosa at UFC on FX 2
    James Te Huna will return home to Australia for his next bout as he faces Aaron Rosa at UFC on FX 2 on March 3. LINK
  43. Rankings: Jones’ stunning rise in 2011.
    At this time last year, Jon Jones was considered a bright prospect, but one who still had a ways to go before he could be considered a truly elite fighter. In the December 2010 Yahoo! Sports...
  44. UFC on FOX 2's Munoz: Cancel security detail, Sonnen won't be fighting in Brazil.
    It should have happened. It hasn't happened. It'll eventually happen. The rematch between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen is fait accompli in the eyes of many fans and...
  45. Nogueira explains why he didn’t knock Mir out.
    After having the wino n his hands and wasting it trying to choke Frank Mira t UFC 140, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira had to pay a high price, since he was submitted with a kimura and broke his arm. The...
  46. Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope slated for UFC 143 in Las Vegas
    A welterweight bout between Matt Brown (12-11 MMA, 5-5 UFC) and Chris Cope (5-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) has been added to February's UFC 143 event. UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in...
  47. Justin Edwards vs. Mike Stumpf added to UFC 143 in Las Vegas
    A welterweight fight between Justin Edwards (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Mike Stumpf (11-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has been added to February's UFC 143 lineup. UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements...
  48. Cowboy Cerrone breaks down his beeef with Nate Diaz
    LINK During Steve Cofield’s Vegas-based ESPN Radio show today, Donald Cerrone recalled an incident he had recently with Nate Diaz, and to put it lightly, he isn’t impressed with the level of...
  49. Glover Teixeira visa issues fixed
    Glover Teixeira finally got a visa to fight in the U.S.. After months of waiting, the light heavyweight granted permission to enter the country and its destination should be the UFC. "I knew that the...
  50. Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next
    On Friday, Chael Sonnen returns to the program he walked off last month, claiming he is done with Anderson Silva and after his fight on January 28th with Mark Munoz, he wants either Georges St....
    Pages: 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580