MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. White confirms two-hour broadcast, four fights for UFC on FOX 2; says Sonnen possible
    As expected, the UFC returns to Chicago for the company's second FOX-broadcast event. UFC president Dana White confirmed the plans following Saturday night's UFC 139 post-event press conference. And...
  2. MFC 3 Wilson Gouveia eager for comeback battle with Dwayne Lewis
    Despite more than a year away from action, it took Wilson Gouveia nothing more than a quick instant to agree to face his upcoming opponent at MFC 32: Bitter Rivals. With a wholly healed body and a...
  3. Report: Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo at UFC 144 in Japan
    More fight news coming in for the UFC's return to Japan at UFC 144 next February, and once again, it involves a name very familiar to Japanese MMA fans. MMAWeekly is reporting that it will be Pride...
  4. Illness, sprained thumb, Rua no match for UFC 139 winner Henderson
    Dan Henderson (29-8 MMA, 5-2 UFC) had prepared himself for a five-round fight against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (20-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC). But a bug he'd caught the week prior to UFC 139 sapped his strength...
  5. Fedor Emelianenko explains why he didn't try to finish Jeff Monson In Russia (Video)
    Thank God I have no injuries ... I'm very grateful to God for losses and for wins, so I feel very good. I was very happy with [the outcome] because everything we planned before with my coaches, I did...
  6. UFC 139 Results: Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua Wants to Rematch Dan Henderson
    MMA fans were treated to something special when Dan Henderson and Mauricio Rua met in the main event of UFC 139. Both men had moments where it appeared they were about to be finished, but displayed...
  7. Fabricio Werdum Still Campaigning For Octagon Return
    MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant talks with Fabricio Werdum backstage at UFC 139 and hears what he has to say about Wanderlei Silva’s win over Cung Le. Fabricio and Wand train together at Kings MMA, and...
  8. Chael Sonnen Accepts Anderson Silva's Challenge to Fight in Brazil
    Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva is a rivalry that clearly isn't going to calm down any until the two men have their rematch. Sonnen gave Silva everything he could handle for the majority of their...
  9. Carlos Condit to Face Josh Koscheck at UFC 143
    As expected, Carlos Condit won't sit around and wait for Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz to decide the direction of the UFC welterweight division. Instead, Condit will face former No. 1 contender...
  10. Wanderlei Silva Thinks Cung Le Should Thank Him for New Hollywood Look
    Wanderlei Silva is one of the UFC's most beloved fighters, an honor he has earned through a long career filled with memorable fights and an easy to appreciate desire to put on thrilling fights. At...
  11. SPOILER: Alvarez vs Chandler + Bellator 58 results
    In one of the best fights the Bellator cage has ever hosted, undefeated lightweight Michael Chandler fulfilled his dream of becoming a world champion at Bellator 58 with a fourth round submission...
  12. Fedor in talks with UFC again
    There has been talk speculating that Fedor Emelianenko's next opponent is going to be Olympian Satoshi Ishii on New Years. However, a source from Emelianenko's camp has informed us that they are...
    Pages: 2
  13. Strikeforce Challengers 20 medical suspensions: Three fighters face long layoffs
    Three fighters from this past weekend's Strikeforce Challengers 20 event face potential layoffs of six months. The list includes main-card fighters Lumumba Sayers and Julia Budd, as well as...
  14. UFC 139 payouts: Cung Le earns event-high $350,000 in defeat
    Dan Henderson -- $250,000 Mauricio Rua -- $165,000 Henderson defeated Rua via unanimous decision Wanderlei Silva -- $200,000 Cung Le -- $350,000 Silva defeated Le via technical knockout (strikes) in...
  15. Dana White unsure if Cung Le will return to the UFC
    "I don't know, I don't know we'll see. You know he's up there, his dream was to fight in the UFC. He got to the fight in the UFC and fight Wanderlie Silva. You think about it, Cung Le is one of these...
  16. Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka In the Works for NYE, DREAM and ONE FC Finalize Partnership
    After Shinya Aoki hinted that his opponent for DREAM's NYE event has already been selected, BloodyElbow.com reached out, and has exclusively confirmed DREAM's plans for their lightweight champion's...
  17. UFC 144: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso In The Works For Japan Event
    A bantamweight bout is being reported for UFC 144, as Takeya Mizugaki (15-6-2) and Chris ‘Kamikaze’ Cariaso have reportedly made verbal agreements for the Japanese event. The report comes from...
  18. Sonnen vs. Munoz | Sanchez vs. Ellenberger likely to headline UFC on FOX 2
    According to sources close to the fighters, Mark Munoz and Chael Sonnen will meet in a number one middleweight contender bout early next year. It looks to be the headliner of UFC on FOX 2 with rumors...
  19. UFC 139 Medical Suspensions – Shogun & Hendo Receive 180-Day Sentences
    On Monday, the medical suspensions for this past weekends UFC 139: Shogun vs. Rua event were released by the California State Athletic Commission, which handed down sentences to twelve of the nights...
  20. Maynard details departure from Xtreme Couture
    “The Bully” spoke exclusively with HeavyMMA about the decision and what comes next. “Leaving Xtreme Couture is something that has been going through my head for awhile,” Maynard said. “I know people...
  21. TUF Brazil tryouts 12/14 in Sao Paulo
    Brazilian prospects, get ready. "The Ultimate Fighter" is coming your way. UFC executives recently announced that Brazilian middleweight and lightweight fighters are invited to an open tryout session...
  22. ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson vs. Eddie Wineland Reported For UFC on FOX 2
    Bantamweights Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson (9-2) and Eddie Wineland (18-8-1) appear set to clash in the new year as part of the UFC’s second trip to FOX television, on the UFC on FOX 2 card....
  23. Wanderlei Silva ready to fight 'whoever the UFC wants' following UFC 139 destruction of Cung Le (Video)
    "I love to fight, I'm fighting because I love it. My motivation is my fans. I don't do this for money. I love to make my fans happy. I'm so glad to be working for the UFC, whatever the boss wants for...
  24. UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos Eyeing Olympic Boxing Run
    Junior dos Santos has had a pretty impressive run int he UFC. It kicked off with him getting a shocking knockout win over heavy favorite Fabricio Werdum in 2008 which his most recent fight being a...
  25. Rampage Jackson Says He Won't Be Fighting on UFC Japan Card
    One of the big stories in the UFC's decision to go to Japan in 2012 has been the sense of need for them to not treat it like "just another card" and instead put on stars and fights that appeal to the...
  26. UFC 142: Paulo Thiago vs Mike Pyle in the works for Jan. 14 in Rio
    Brazilian supercop Paulo Thiago is expected to face off against Mike Pyle when the promotion returns to Rio de Janeiro for UFC 142, currently scheduled for the HSBC Arena on Jan. 14, 2012. Tatame.com...
  27. ProElite 3 scheduled for Jan. 21 at Blaisdell Arena; Grove vs. Minowa targeted
    The promotion has targeted Jan. 21 for an event to take place at Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu, Hawaii, sources today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). HDNet is expected to broadcast the event's...
  28. Legacy Fighting Championships 9 fight card set for December 16th on HDNet
    Houston, TX. – November 22, 2011 – Texas-based mixed martial arts fight promotion company, Legacy Fighting Championship, returns to the Houston Arena Theater on December 16 with Legacy Fighting...
  29. Junior dos Santos thinks Velasquez may have had knowledge of his pre-fight injury:
    Yes, (I did) have an injury in my left knee 10 days before the fight. We knew his strategy would be to take me down. I don’t know if he had knowledge of my injury but in a minute and four seconds he...
  30. Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva Undergoes Shoulder Surgery
    Tatame is reporting that Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva has gone under the knife. His manager told the site that it was an arthroscopic surgery to correct an injury suffered in his Strikeforce Heavyweight...
  31. UFC Quick Quote: Jon Jones expecting to fight the best Lyoto Machida ever
    "We're going to have to watch Machida's speed, and his distancing is key. He's also a very creative fighter. He's very quick on the in and out. He's going to try to get past Jon's length, I'm sure,...
  32. Rafael Cordiero: 'Shogun' Rua needs to train harder if he wants to get back to the top
    Mauricio Rua's long time friend and former head trainer, Rafael Cordiero, has been speaking about his former students performance this past weekend (Nov. 19) at the UFC 139: "Shogun vs. Henderson"...
  33. Devin Cole vs. Gabriel Salinas-Jones added to 'Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal'
    A heavyweight matchup between Devin Cole (19-9-1 MMA, 1-2 SF) and Gabriel Salinas-Jones (5-0-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) has been added to December's "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal." MMAjunkie.com...
  34. BAMMA 8 final fight card set for December 10th in United Kingdom
    Europe’s leading Mixed Martial Arts promotion, BAMMA, is proud to announce the final fight card for its Nottingham event taking place at the Capital FM Arena on 10th December. Bamma 8 boasts a...
  35. Jeff Monson suffers broken leg thanks to Fedor Emelianenko kick in M-1 main event (Video)
    "It was just an unlucky break. Obviously, it affected my mobility, but it was a good kick by him…. He didn't let me do my game plan, which was put him against the ropes and get him on the ground…. He...
  36. Mayhem Miller on Bisping: “Dan Henderson took his soul, I’m going to take the rest”(video)
    TUF 14 coach Jason “Mayhem” Miller is preparing to return to the UFC Octagon for the first time in over 6 years when he faces opposing Ultimate Fighter coach Michael Bisping at the TUF 14 Finale on...
  37. Dean: Officiating Needs to Match MMA’s Growth
    There’s no shortage of complaints when it comes to the judging and refereeing of MMA. Herb Dean is widely considered one of the best officials, though, and he’s trying to improve the situation...
  38. Why Women's MMA Needs Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey To Happen Now
    Women's MMA can be a strange thing sometimes. It's a mix of some great talents, some inexperienced fighters, an internal conflict of selling sex vs. athleticism and a constant self-evaluation of...
  39. Despite Not Being In The UFC Gilbert Melendez Thankfull For The Extra Attention(video)
    Strikeforce lightweight champ Gilbert ‘El Niño’ Melendez (19-2) has campaigned for a shot in the Octagon like some of his former Strikeforce compatriots such as Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Cung Le, and...
  40. Maiquel Falcao Suffers Heart Attack, Hospitalized in Brazil
    Former UFC fighter Maiquel Falcao, who is just 30 years old, has suffered a heart attack and remains hospitalized in Brazil, according to Tatame. Falcao apparently suffered the heart attack while...
  41. Report: UFC Signs Reza Madadi, Debut Against Rafaello Oliveira
    According to a report from Swedish-based MMA website MMAnytt.se, the #6-ranked lightweight on the World MMA Scouting Report, Reza Madadi (11-2), has signed with the UFC. The 31-year-old...
  42. Jon Fitch plans on giving his fans another 30 fights in the UFC (Video)
    "I go out there and I bust my ass and I win fights in a professional sport. If it wasn't about winning they wouldn't pay us more for winning. I'm just doing what I do best, I win fights. I have a big...
  43. XFC announces 10-bout lineup for December's "XFC 15: Tribute" on HDNet
    Featuring a headliner of lightweights Eric Reynolds (13-5) vs. Jonatas Novaes (9-3) and a female co-feature of Felice Herrig (5-3) vs. Bellator vet Carla Esparza (5-2), "XFC 15: Tribute" takes place...
  44. Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann in the works for UFC event in March
    link A key welterweight matchup is in the works between Thiago Alves (19-8 MMA, 11-5 UFC) and Martin Kampmann (18-5 MMA, 9-4 UFC). MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed with sources close...
  45. Costa Injured, Bout with Good Scratched from Bellator 59 Card
    I just found this on sherdog, If your doing the secondary league this is one of the fights for this weekend's combo card. fight scrapped
  46. Steve Cantwell vs. Riki Fukuda targeted for UFC 144
    It may be last chance time for two light-heavyweights on the ropes. Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that a bout pitting Steve Cantwell (7-5 MMA, 1-4 UFC)...
  47. UFC on FX: Lightweight bout between Kamal Shalorus and newcomer Khabib Nurmagomedov set
    The UFC on FX event is set for January 28th in Nashville, Tennessee, and is quickly taking shape with another fight being added to the card. The UFC announced a lightweight bout between WEC veteran...
  48. UFC 142: Alcantara vs. Omigawa, Arantes vs. Carvalho set for Brazil
    The UFC 142 event set to take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is taking shape and almost finalized. The UFC announced two featherweight fights that will take place on January 14th. Featherweights...
  49. Edson Barboza Talks Terry Etim, Possible Drop to Featherweight
    Lightweight Edson Barboza has looked very good in his three UFC fights so far, and he's scheduled to face Terry Etim at UFC 142 in Brazil. But despite the success at 155, it seems that Edson might be...
  50. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Ryan Bader Set for UFC 144 in Japan
    I guess Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's tweet about not fighting in Japan was a little premature. It turns out the former Pride star will indeed be headed back to the Saitama Super Arena one more time,...
    Pages: 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558