MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Franklin expected to be out of action until late summer
    According to a press release from Franklin’s representatives, “Ace” underwent surgery yesterday to repair the damage and things went successfully meaning the 37-year old is expected to make a full...
  2. Myself and Gartface's Complete Interview with Miesha Tate (Bryan Caraway, too)
    Here you guys go if you want to listen. We apologize for the background noise she was at a Soccer game and sent me an apology. Hopefully you guys like it. Interview
  3. Ed Soares: Anderson Silva Only Has Around Four Fights Left, Sonnen Should Be Back of the Line
    Anderson Silva's manager, Ed Soares, recently spoke to SporTV in Brazil and made it clear that Silva is reaching the end of his career. He also stated that Chael Sonnen shouldn't get the next shot....
    Pages: 2
  4. Brazilian Shooto champ Carlos Alexandre Pereira signs with Bellator
    Brazilian prospect Carlos Alexandre Pereira, who has scored 22 of his 33 career wins via knockout, is heading to Bellator Fighting Championships. MMAjunkie.com today confirmed that verbal agreements...
  5. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 8 (DaMarques "Darkness" Johnson)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  6. UFC's Dana White Has No Problem With Bellator...Yet
    Dana White is a ruthless competitor and that's certainly not a bad thing. The world of combat sports promotion has always been cutthroat and always will be. Dana and the rest of the management at the...
  7. Vinny Magalhaes to Help Train Fedor Emelianenko? Not Unless M-1 Pays
    Earlier this week I shared the word that M-1 was planning to bring grappling champion Vinny Magalhaes in to help train Fedor Emelianenko for his bout with Jeff Monson. MMA Mania's Brian Hemminger...
  8. Anthony Pettis Wants a Major UFC Fight Before the End of the Year
    Anthony Pettis won his fight with Jeremy Stephens at UFC 136, but he didn't win over too many new fans. Despite fighting a smart and safe fight, winning through the use primarily of wrestling, many...
  9. UFC's 'Mayhem' Miller prepping Michael Bisping lullaby, wants shot at Anderson Silva
    Recent Strikeforce import Jason "Mayhem" Miller (24-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) hasn't set foot in the UFC octagon in more than six years, but with a win over rival "The Ultimate Fighter 14" coach Michael...
  10. Brazilian Beat: Yan Cabral eyes UFC chance, hopes to lead European MMA charge
    It's quite possible you've never actually heard of Yan Cabral (10-0). A resident of Spain, the undefeated Nova Uniao black belt and Brazilian native began fighting professionally in 2007, and he's...
  11. After surviving Iron Ring debacle, Bellator 54's Brian Rogers happy in new role
    It only takes one Iron Ring to make you appreciate a Bellator. Middleweight Brian Rogers (8-2 MMA, 1-0 BFC) passed the quarterfinals of the promotion's season-five tournament with flying colors,...
  12. Public invited to Oct. 28 Las Vegas memorial for Shawn Tompkins
    Noted MMA trainer Shawn Tompkins, who earlier this year passed away at just 37 years old, will be remembered at an Oct. 28 celebration in Las Vegas. Longtime Team Tompkins fighters Sam Stout and Mark...
  13. Vancouver is Unlikely to Host a UFC Event in 2012
    And the disappointing thing for our sport is that after a two-year test period, they've had two tests -- ours," Wright said Wednesday. "Because no other promotion could afford the indemnification or...
  14. Matt Lindland Says Anderson Silva Trying to Weasel Out of Chael Sonnen Rematch
    When Chael Sonnen called out Anderson Silva for a rematch after Sonnen destroyed Brian Stann at UFC 136 it seemed like the only smart fight to make for Silva. In the days since we've seen Silva's...
  15. VFC 36 results: Salas tops Ellenberger, begs for a UFC shot nex
    Justin Salas and Joe Ellenberger are seen by many as the two best 155-pound fighters not yet signed to a major mixed martial arts (MMA) organization. That may have changed for one of them last night...
  16. Antonio McKee: 'I'd Like to Vote Dana White Out of the UFC'
    "I'm here for the sport. I've been getting a lot of static about the stuff I've been saying about the UFC, and how I've been blasting them, but, at the end of the day, everyone, whether they like me...
  17. Gilbert Melendez Thinking About Eventual Jump to Welterweight
    It would appear that Gilbert Melendez will be making the move to the UFC once he defends his Strikeforce lightweight championship against Jorge Masvidal. While there are plenty of intriguing fights...
  18. Bellator announces signing of UFC veteran Maiquel Falcao
    "Big Rig" is apparently trucking on back to the U.S. Bellator Fighting Championships CEO Bjorn Rebney today announced that Brazilian middleweight slugger Maiquel Falcao will soon make his debut for...
  19. Former UFC fighter Joe Stevenson signs with W-1, set to make debut in Feb.
    "Daddy's" back. After losing four fights in a row, Joe Stevenson was cut from the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) roster earlier this year. Tonight (Oct. 15, 2011), during the W-1 MMA:...
  20. Alexander Shlemenko vs. Vitor Vianna meet in tourney final at Bellator 58
    An already impressive Bellator 58 just got a little more stacked as the promotion's season-five middleweight tournament bout will also be contested on the card. Bellator officials announced that...
  21. Longtime UFC announcer Bruce Buffer to release autobiography in 2012
    With mixed-martial-arts autobiographies currently among the most popular book titles in the sports category, the "Veteran Voice of the Octagon" is getting in on the action. Bruce Buffer, the longtime...
  22. Back injury sidelines Shane Carwin again, heavyweight seeks 2012 return to UFC
    Onetime UFC title challenger Shane Carwin (12-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) will have to wait a little longer to return to the win column. The injury bug has struck yet again, and an ailing back has forced Carwin...
  23. Bellator ring girl Mercedes Terrell making name for herself in ascending promotion
    Chances are if you've ever seen a Bellator Fighting Championships event you know who Mercedes Terrell is. The striking 27-year-old is a cageside fixture as one of the promotion's ring girls and never...
  24. Bjorn Rebney: Anderson Silva is the only man on Earth that could beat Hector Lombard
    "We have an incredibly dominant champion. It's not easy. I think, right now, when you look at Vitor Vianna and Alexander Shlemenko, we could provide a good test for Hector Lombard. I think he's one...
  25. Anthony Pettis: 'Joe Lauzon would be a great fight for me'
    "I don't know who my next opponent is but I'm going for that title shot, that title shot run, so anybody who's a top five guy, I'm ready for them. Joe Lauzon beat Melvin Guillard, I think that would...
  26. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 9 (Rich "The Raging Bull" Attonito)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  27. Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney says events could move to new night in sixth season
    With Bellator Fighting Championships' fifth season in full swing, many things are going right for the promotion. Bellator's tournament format continues to produce intrigue, some major title fights...
  28. HDNet's 'Inside MMA' moves to live Monday-night time slot beginning tonight
    HDNet's weekly MMA news show, "Inside MMA," makes a permanent move to a Monday time slot starting tonight. Additionally, the long-running program now airs live. Tonight's first Monday episode airs at...
  29. New York Jets Call on Frankie Edgar for Inspiration Ahead of Monday Night Football
    I'm a lifelong Buffal Bills fan, so writing an article about the New York Jets needing to look for inspiration is only fun for me because they need inspiration. Still, the Jets are turning to Frankie...
  30. Injured Pedro Rizzo out of ProElite 2 main event with Tim Sylvia
    An arm injury has forced Pedro Rizzo out of next month's ProElite 2 headliner with fellow ex-UFC heavyweight Tim Sylvia. Rizzo today announced via Twitter that he recently suffered a partial tear of...
  31. Though focused on Masvidal, Strikeforce champ Melendez thinks Edgar is beatable
    At a press conference in support of "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal," Gilbert Melendez notes Frankie Edgar did a good job defending his belt at UFC 136. But he scrunches his face a bit in a way...
  32. Matt Hamill biopic film 'The Hammer' set for limited nationwide release
    The story of Matt Hamill is coming to theaters across the country. The biopic "The Hammer," a critically acclaimed film about the recently retired UFC fighter's life, is set for a limited nationwide...
  33. Five UFC 137 prelim fights to stream on Facebook
    he five UFC 137 fights not chosen for the night's television broadcasts will stream for free on Facebook, officials recently confirmed. UFC 137 takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center...
  34. Vinny Magalhaes Upset With M-1 Global, Looking for Way Back to UFC
    "After rewatching the whole fight, i just realized that everytime i fought for M-1 against a Russian fighter, i was the hand picked guy... i mean, i am assuming that after seeing one of the M-1...
  35. Matt Brown says UFC 138 opponent John Hathaway injured, awaits replacemen
    Next month's UFC 138 event apparently has lost a main-card bout. Welterweight Matt Brown today tweeted that his scheduled opponent, John Hathaway, is injured, and he's currently awaiting word on a...
  36. Brown, De Fries Receive New Opponents for UFC 138, 139
    Injuries suffered by Englishmen John Hathaway and Oli Thompson have altered the card of UFC 138, the promotion’s Nov. 5 event at LG Arena in Birmingham, England. An undisclosed injury forced Thompson...
  37. Sylvia to Meet Germany’s Kraniotakes in ProElite Headliner
    German heavyweight Andreas Kraniotakes has agreed to replace three-time UFC heavyweight title contender Pedro Rizzo as the opponent for former UFC champion Tim Sylvia in the headliner of ProElite’s...
  38. Koscheck: I'm about making money
    “I don’t have much longer in this career and at this point I want to take big fights, big names, and sell the hell out of the fight and go in there and perform and win,” Koscheck told MMAWeekly.com...
  39. Lindland: I've got the gameplan for Chael to finish Silva in 3 rounds
    JS: Haha, sounds sensible. Now you’ve gone on record as stating that Anderson is already attempting to shirk Chael. If the fight eventually materialises, how would Chael fare in the rematch? ML: I...
  40. ProElite signs broadcast deal with HDNet
    ProElite is back on cable television. The organization announced late Monday night that it had signed a multi-fight broadcast deal with HDNet to air its events live on the cable network. As a result,...
  41. Jorge Santiago Released by the UFC
    Jorge Santiago has been released by the UFC. The Middleweight fighter is coming off a loss to Demian Maia at UFC 136. Santiago made his return to the UFC earlier this year, losing to Brian Stann at...
  42. Danny Castillo vs. Shamar Bailey Set for UFC 139 in San Jose
    It appears that the fight card for UFC 139 in San Jose, California is now full with the addition of a lightweight match-up between Danny Castillo and Shamar Bailey. The UFC announced the bout via...
  43. Tito Ortiz Names Himself 'The People's Champ'
    Tito Ortiz may be 1-5-1 in his last seven bouts, but his shocking win over Ryan Bader at UFC 132 was enough to keep Tito in the UFC and just relevant enough. Tito is now set to face Antonio Rogerio...
  44. St. Pierre Out of UFC 137
    An injury has forced UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC)out of next weekend's UFC 137 event and a title fight with Carlos Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC). LINK
  45. Rich Franklin: 'Sometimes The UFC Doesn't Really Have My Back'
    Former UFC middleweight champion, Rich Franklin, has always been portrayed as the UFC's ultimate company man. Whether it's moving between weight classes to make way for younger, more talented...
  46. Sonnen hints loser-leaves-town offer off table, but promises to push for Silva rematch
    Chael Sonnen made a limited-time offer to Anderson Silva. The loser-leaves-town fight he presented the middleweight champ is apparently off the table. "That offer was good when I made it, but it's...
  47. UFC champ St-Pierre out of UFC 137 with injury, Diaz vs. Penn named new headliner
    An injury has forced UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) out of next weekend's UFC 137 event and a title fight with Carlos Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC). UFC president Dana...
  48. Cesar Gracie on B.J. Penn vs. Nick Diaz - 'Let's Make it Five Rounds'
    It looks like Nick Diaz wants to go five rounds with B.J. Penn in the new main event of UFC 137, despite Dana White stating it would only be a three-rounder on twitter earlier today. Of course, they...
  49. Dustin Jacoby vs. Brad Tavares promoted to UFC 137 main card
    Georges St-Pierre's misfortune is a gain for Dustin Jacoby Brad Tavares. The middleweights, who had been relegated to the Facebook-streamed preliminary card for next week's UFC 137 event, have been...
  50. Friday's XFC 14 fight card finalized, HDNet lineup undergoes two changes
    With Friday's XFC 14 event quickly approaching, the promotion has announced a few late changes to the lineup. Welterweight Nicolae Cury (5-2) replaces Charles Blanchard and now faces Elijah...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556