MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Champ Dominick Cruz suffers broken hand, Faber-Bowles winner likely on deck
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz may have a next opponent on deck, but his timetable for a return remains a question mark. Following a decisive decision victory over...
  2. Anthony Johnson, Dana White have no problem with UFC on Versus 6 stoppage
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – It was a dominant performance for Anthony Johnson – one that moves him a big step toward a potential title fight with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. But it also came with...
  3. Flyweights are coming, but UFC on Versus 6's Demetrious Johnson not ready to drop
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – The flyweights are coming. Demetrious Johnson, though, isn't quite ready to join the pack. Johnson failed in his attempt to take UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz's title in...
  4. UFC boss denies pay-per-view plans for Kurt Angle, offered him 'TUF 10' slot
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – UFC president Dana White was willing to give Kurt Angle an opportunity in the UFC. However, the 1996 Olympic gold-medal wrestler and WWE/TNA wrestling performer wasn't being...
  5. February's simultaneous Japan and Las Vegas shows both will air live on TV
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – MMA fans should get ready for a double dose of the UFC in February. As expected, the UFC will, in fact, hold shows in Japan and Las Vegas on the same day in February. So how would...
  6. UFC 136's 'appreciative' Chael Sonnen willing to tip hat to Anderson Silva
    Right about now, Chael Sonnen is kicking back on his couch with a couple of movies ("Road to Perdition" and "The Bounty Hunter") and a couple of magazines ("Soldier of Fortune," probably). Usually,...
  7. UFC 141 headliner Brock Lesnar not ailing, 'actually quite pleasant'
    Ever since his camp began for a UFC 141 bout with Alistair Overeem, ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar has been dogged by rumors. Countless sources have speculated to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that...
  8. After Cage Warriors 44 win, Brian Foster heads to CCCW 7 on Oct. 15
    After returning from a near-year-long layoff and scoring an impressive victory over Jack Mason at this past weekend's Cage Warriors 44 event, UFC vet Brian Foster is set for his next bout. Foster...
  9. UFC champ Jon Jones suffered no serious injuries, but UFC giving him a rest
    Jon Jones entered UFC 135's post-fight press conference with as many ice packs as bruises. Despite a fourth-submission victory over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in his first title defense, Jones was...
  10. Bisping vs. 'Mayhem' slated for five rounds at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale
    As expected, Michael Bisping (21-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC) and Jason "Mayhem" Miller (24-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will meet in a season-ending coaches' fight at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale. And raising the stakes,...
  11. Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson added to December's UFC 141 event
    A welterweight contest between two fighters looking to rebound from their first octagon losses has been added to UFC 141, as Dong Hyun Kim meets Sean Pierson. UFC officials today announced the new...
  12. Charlie Brenneman camp takes no issue with stoppage at UFC on Versus 6
    Many MMA observers felt referee Mario Yamasaki prematurely stopped a fight between Charlie Brenneman (14-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Anthony Johnson (10-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) on the main card of UFC on Versus 6....
  13. Bellator Fighting Championships releases Dan Hornbuckle, Wilson Reis
    After each suffering back-to-back losses, Dan Hornbuckle (22-5 MMA, 3-3 UFC) and Wilson Reis (12-4 MMA, 5-4 BFC) have each been released from their Bellator Fighting Championships' contracts....
  14. Bellator heavyweight Hayes' tourney spot in jeopardy with medical suspension
    Mike Hayes passed the first gauntlet of Bellator's season-five heavyweight tournament, but he may have taken too much damage to continue. Hayes (16-4 MMA, 2-1 BFC) has been issued a preliminary...
  15. Dominick Cruz to have finger surgery
    UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz ignored the pain, clenched his right hand, and fought for 25 minutes Saturday night. The result: his fourth consecutive title defense and a badly damaged hand...
  16. Relaxed Ron Sparks believes Bellator tourney finally his time to shine
    Bellator heavyweight Ron Sparks (8-0 MMA, 3-0 BFC) felt a strange sensation leading into his fight with Mark Holata (11-3 MMA, 2-1 BFC). His usual pre-fight nerves were replaced by complete calm –...
  17. Brian Stann: Sonnen 'very difficult to overcome'
    Q: Chael Sonnen will be the highest-ranked opponent you've fought so far. What does it say about your development as a fighter? Stann: I definitely take it as a compliment. It's a great challenge. I...
  18. Frankie Edgar Says Going for Featherweight Title "Interesting Possibility"
    Edgar almost suffered a knockout loss against Maynard to begin 2011 at UFC 125. Edgar rallied back from what seemed like a definite loss and somehow salvaged a draw to retain his belt for a little...
  19. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 5 (Nik "The Carny" Lentz)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  20. Dana White: 'I always thought Melvin Guillard was the biggest waste of talent'
    "I like Melvin and I like how he’s training hard. I always thought he was the biggest waste of talent and he really turned that around and I’m happy to see it. There’s so many good guys in that 155...
  21. Peralta vs. Semerzier, Bradley vs. Pierce, Lucas vs. Rosa added to UFC on FOX 1
    A trio of new bouts has been added to UFC on FOX 1. UFC brass today announced that Robert Peralta vs. Mackens Semerzier, Paul Bradley vs. Mike Pierce and Matt Lucas vs. Aaron Rosa will all take place...
  22. Bellator 58 sees champ Hector Lombard face Trevor Prangley in non-title affair
    Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight champ Hector Lombard returns to action on Nov. 19, when he'll face longtime vet Trevor Prangley in a 195-pound non-title matchup. Bellator officials today...
  23. Clay Harvison vs. DaMarques Johnson targeted for UFC on FOX 1
    After bowing out of a fight with Clay Harvison (9-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) due to injury, DaMarques Johnson's next opponent will be: Clay Harvison. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that Harvison...
  24. Lyoto Machida Will Likely Not Return Until 2012, Doesn't Know If He Is Being Punished
    Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida hasn't competed since UFC 129 when he knocked out Randy Couture in spectacular fashion, and people have been wondering when he's going to fight...
  25. UFC Live 6 ‘Cruz vs. Johnson’ Nets 789,000 Viewers on Versus
    The UFC felt a slight increase in ratings on Saturday from its previous effort on cable network Versus, as UFC Live 6 earned 789,000 viewers on average. Sherdog
  26. Bellator 52 Ratings on MTV2 Are Up
    Like the UFC this past weekend, Bellator 52 also experienced an upswing in ratings. The card was the quarterfinals of the heavyweight tournament. The ratings for Bellator has appeared to be...
  27. Bobby Lashley Returns to MMA in November
    Former pro wrestler turned MMA fighter Bobby Lashley has his next fight set. The former Strikeforce fighter will face Darrill Schoonover in the main event of a Shark Fights show on November 11....
  28. Chael Sonnen: I don’t talk trash
    Chael Sonnen was recently interviewed on Mauro Ranallo's The MMA Show. Mauro Ranallo: Why has there been so little trash talk for the Brain Stann fight? Chael Sonnen: “Look, I don’t try to get under...
  29. Mike Swick and Roger Huerta's Thailand gym meets resistance, but venture continues
    Mike Swick is fulfilling a longtime dream, and with fellow UFC vet Roger Huerta, he's opening an MMA gym in Phuket, Thailand. MMAjunkie.com Radio recently caught up with Swick while he's in the U.S....
  30. John Hackleman and Chuck Liddell Open The Pit Las Vegas
    UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell, longtime trainer John Hackleman, and TUF 11 winner Court McGee, were on hand recently to open up a new Pit affiliate gym. LINK
  31. UFC boss says no to Edgar vs. Maynard IV regardless of UFC 136 outcome
    If champ Frankie Edgar (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) beats challenger Gray Maynard (10-0-1 MMA, 8-0-1 UFC) at Saturday's UFC 136 event, that will give each a win to accompany a frustrating draw in their...
  32. UFC prez on Strikeforce champ Melendez: "If I have to yank him over here, I'll do it"
    There have been strong indications that Gilbert Melendez's run in Strikeforce is over and that his UFC run is just beginning. Following Saturday's UFC on Versus 6 event, UFC president Dana White said...
  33. Sonnen-Stann winner not guaranteed UFC title shot, Henderson could make bid with win
    While this weekend's UFC 136 event is headlined by a pair of title fights, the middleweight contest between Chael Sonnen (25-11-1 MMA, 5-4 UFC) and Brian Stann (11-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) is also rife with...
  34. UFC Targeting Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans for UFC 140 Main Event
    HOUSTON -- Get ready for the grudge match. The UFC is targeting December's UFC 140 for the long-awaited Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans light-heavyweight title bout, MMA Fighting has learned from sources...
  35. UFC 136's Jeremy Stephens on Anthony Pettis: 'I'm going to destroy him'
    Here at MMAjunkie.com, we largely avoid the typical pre-fight banter and promises of destruction when it comes to headlines and story intros. But with Jeremy Stephens, an ultra-confident lightweight...
  36. Alex Caceres drops to bantamweight, fights Cole Escovedo at UFC on FOX 1
    Since featherweight apparently wasn't the answer, "Bruce Leroy" is going to give bantamweight a go. UFC officials today announced that "The Ultimate Fighter 12" cast member Alex Caceres (5-4 MMA, 0-2...
  37. MMAPlayground Interview Series - Vol. 6 (Brian "Bad Boy" Ebersole)
    As with any successful professional, mixed martial artists eat, sleep and breathe their craft. They put everything on the line when they wake up, hit the gym and pour their blood, sweat and tears...
  38. Chael Sonnen: Tell Anderson Silva I will pat his wife on the ass and have her make me a steak
    I get the feeling Chael Sonnen really wants to fight Anderson Silva (again). That could explain his obsession with calling out the reigning 185-pound champion, who survived four-and-a-half rounds of...
    Pages: 2
  39. Spike TV's UFC 139 'UFC Prelims' special gets Bader-Brilz, Lawlor-Weidman
    Two fights have been chosen for UFC 139's "UFC Prelims" special. As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) previously reported, the Nov. 19 event will get a one-hour Spike TV special prior to the night's...
  40. After comeback fight failed, UFC 136's Jorge Santiago ready to show the real him
    Jorge Santiago quickly realized he'd messed up in his return to the octagon. "It took me like a half-hour," he today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Soon as I left the ring, I...
  41. Despite losing skid, UFC 136's Mike Massenzio out to prove he's UFC caliber
    In his heart, Mike Massenzio knows Saturday's UFC 136 bout could be his final opportunity in the octagon. But in his heart, he also knows that he belongs in the world's top MMA organization, and...
  42. UFC 140 headliner features champ Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida
    UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones (14-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) will fight in UFC 140's headliner, but it won't be against Rashad Evans (16-1-1 MMA, 11-1-1 UFC). Injuries have cost Evans another...
    Pages: 2
  43. King Mo: I'm gonna put Rampage's b---- ass on the B-team
    Rampage has seen a fair share of beef in his twelve-year-long career. If these fighting words from King Mo are anything to go by, a slow-boiling feud could well boil over into one last rivalry:...
  44. No weighty concerns as champ Jose Aldo readies for UFC 136
    For a guy hoping to defend his 145-pound championship, UFC 136 co-headliner Jose Aldo finds himself answering a lot of questions about 155 pounds. Will the champ eventually move to the heavier weight...
  45. Paul Daley to train with champ GSP, wants Nick Diaz rematch in UFC
    It's been longer than you think since Paul Daley (28-11-2) was dismissed from the UFC following his post-fight incident with Josh Koscheck at UFC 113. His post-fight "swipe" at Koscheck was 16 months...
  46. Rashad Evans 'fully understands' decision to book Jones-Machida UFC 140 headliner
    He may not like the decision, but he understands it. While Rashad Evans was next in line for a shot at UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones' title, he wouldn't be healed in time for a planned UFC...
  47. Thiago Santos vs. Josh Burns tourney-reserve fight added to Bellator 53
    Saturday's Bellator 53 main card has a late addition. With heavyweight-tournament semifinalist Mike Hayes potentially facing a scratch due to a medical suspension, officials have booked a...
  48. As with Rolles Gracie, UFC 136's Joey Beltran eager to ruin Stipe Miocic's debut
    Joey Beltran admits that if fights were fought on paper, he would have lost them all. And to look at him, you might agree with that statement. Physically, he's not particularly an impressive...
  49. 'The Ultimate Fighter 14' ratings: Episode No. 3 scores 1.3 million Spike TV viewers
    Ratings for the third episode of "The Ultimate Fighter 14" slipped compared to the first two installments. Overall, episode No. 3 of the Spike TV reality series scored a 1.0 household rating and...
  50. UFC 136's Lauzon wary of foe's striking but thinks he's bad matchup for Guillard
    Gone are the days of true "striker vs. grappler" affairs at the UFC level, and UFC 136's Joe Lauzon (20-6 MMA, 7-3 UFC) is quite aware of that fact. But his main-card matchup with Melvin Guillard...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551