MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. WEC signs DVD distribution deal; "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber" set for July 20 release
    While DVD sales have long been a profitable venture for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the promotion's sister organization has been noticeably absent from the market. Today, that changed. World...
  2. Buentello To Return In Shark Fights Main Event
    Following his exit from the UFC, Paul Buentello will re-emerge on May 22 at Shark Fights 11 to face undefeated prospect Bryan Humes in the main event at Ector County Coliseum in Odessa, Texas. The...
  3. TUF 11 Stays Steady With 1.8 Million Viewers
    "The Ultimate Fighter" season 12 has some new twists and turns this season in and out of the house, but one thing that's stayed pretty consistent are the ratings for the 11th season of the reality...
  4. Manager Shu Hirata Criticizes Shinya Aoki, Talks State of Japanese MMA
    Shu Hirata is the manager for some of Japan's most successful MMA fighters. Takeya Mizugaki, Yoshiyuki Yoshida and many more Japanese fighters fight under Hirata's management. But since the demise of...
  5. "UFC Primetime: Rampage vs. Evans" highest rated "Countdown" show ever
    Wednesday night's debut of "UFC Primetime: Rampage vs. Evans," which previews the UFC 114 main event on May 29 between former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Rashad...
  6. No CBS talks yet, but Strikeforce "hopeful" for fall return to network TV
    While Strikeforce fighters Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Nick Diaz, Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez await word from the Tennessee Athletic Commission to find out how they will be affected by their...
  7. Andrei Arlovski: 'I just can't lose again'
    "After I lost to Brett Rogers, I had meetings with all my trainers, and they gave me a lot of ultimatums. They said that I had to do it their way, or that I would have to start to look for new...
  8. Rashad Evans Was A TUF 10 Coach Because Lyoto Machida Couldn't Speak English
    And that, says Quinton Jackson, is why he got stuck with Rashad as the opposing coach and apparently he still isn't happy about it. "I would have preferred to have done The Ultimate Fighter (TUF)...
  9. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos official for "Fedor vs. Werdum" event on June 26
    Strikeforce world female middleweight champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (9-1 MMA, 3-0 SF) will put her title on the line against an as-yet-unannounced opponent on June 26. As MMAjunkie.com...
  10. Hague released by the UFC for second time
    "5 mins ago I got a call from my manager saying I've been cut(by ufc) again. Time to get serious. Actions speak louder than words. I am confident i'll be back..." LINK
  11. Josh Thomson Fighting on June 26 Fedor Fight Card
    Former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson is ready to get back in the cage, only he doesn’t quite know against who yet. Thomson on Thursday posted on his facebook page that his next fight...
  12. Bellator 17 ratings up 184 percent from season-two debut event
    Bellator Fighting Championships officials were pleased with the ratings earned by the promotion's Bellator 13 card, the debut event for the group's second season. They're likely downright giddy over...
  13. Bobby Lashley faces Ron Sparks at "Strikeforce: Los Angeles" on June 16
    Heavyweight prospect Bobby Lashley (5-0 MMA, 1-0 SF) got a little more notice this time around. After two scheduling snafus kept him from the Strikeforce cage in April and May, The former TNA and WWE...
  14. Paulo Filho faces Denis Kang at Impact FC
    The promoter of Impact FC, Tom Huggins, just let us know firsthand that Paulo Filho will face Denis Kang in the 3rd edition of his event scheduled for July 17, 2010, in Australia. The fight would be...
  15. Strikeforce Conducting Independent Drug Testing on Main Card Friday
    link All ten athletes scheduled to compete on Saturday’s Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” main card will be tested by the promotion on Friday, Strikeforce matchmaker Rich Chou told Sherdog.com....
  16. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Federico "Kiko" Lopez set for DREAM.14
    A bout between hard-hitting Japanese veteran Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (17-3 MMA, 1-2 DREAM) and Team Quest bantamweight Federico "Kiko" Lopez (4-2 MMA, 0-0 DREAM) is set for DREAM.14. Executives from...
  17. Thomas vs. Mayorga OFF!
    link Don King Productions was granted its motion for injunctive relief Saturday against Shine Fight Promotions and boxer Ricardo Mayorga, who is scheduled to make his MMA debut against former UFC...
  18. BREAKING: Tonight's Shine Fights Event CANCELLED
    Just hours after Shine Fights broadcaster Karyn Bryant informed the world that Ricardo Mayorga had been officially pulled from tonight's Shine Fights pay-per-view event, the entire event has been...
  19. Jan Finney To Face Cristiane Santos At 6/26 Strikeforce
    Just a few days after it was announced that she would defend her Srikeforce Women's Middleweight Title on 6/26, Cristiane Santos now has her challenger: Jan Finney. The fight will likely be the...
  20. Shine Fights exec still unsure why card was canceled, vows to return in summer
    While the North Carolina Boxing Authority's decision to cancel Saturday night's Shine Fights event is just hours old, the levity of the situation has already been fully realized by the promotion's...
  21. Middleweight Tim Kennedy returns June 16 at "Strikeforce: Los Angeles"
    link Kennedy rose to fame partially for an early-career victory over Jason "Mayhem" Miller, as well as his military service. The 30-year-old IFL vet served in the U.S. Army, toured the Middle East...
  22. Bellator Wants To Make Gilbert Melendez Vs. Eddie Alvarez Happen
    Link CHICAGO, Ill. (May 15, 2010) – Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney responded today to Strikeforce Lightweight Champion Gilbert Melendez’s call-out of reigning Bellator Lightweight Champion...
  23. Coker: Even With Fedor Win, Overeem Fight No Guarantee
    Scott Coker has a little bit of advice for those assuming Fedor Emelianenko vs. Alistair Overeem for the Strikeforce Heavyweight Title will happen if Fedor beats Fabricio Werdum next month: Don't....
  24. M-1 Global: Fedor not looking past Werdum, but open to fight with Overeem
    Link YEAH...I guess time will tell
  25. Joe Lauzon "Disgusted" That Brother Dan "Dragged His Name Through The Mud"
    UFC lightweight and former TUF competitor Joe Lauzon responds to a Boston Herald post (via his official blog) that accused him and the rest of his team of abandoning his brother Dan two weeks prior...
  26. Gina Carano Always Has Home With Strikeforce, But No Return Date In Sight
    Once one of the most-followed mixed-martial-arts fighters of any gender, Gina Carano has all but disappeared from the public eye following her August 2009 Strikeforce title loss to Cristiane "Cyborg"...
  27. Andrei Arlovski: 'I'm 15-8 right now and it's horrible'
    I feel kind of upset because I put down my trainers. We had a great camp. I don't know, after 11 months (out of action) it's kind of hard to come back, but I think I did okay. I took his couple of...
  28. DREAM 14 To Air Live On HDNet
    Get ready for some Saturday morning MMA to get you ready for UFC 114. This month's DREAM event will air live in North America on HDNet. DREAM.14, which takes place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama,...
  29. Shine Fights Cancellation Explained - Matchmaker Resigns
    The fallout from the Shine Fights cancellation from the weekend continues into the new week as matchmaker Ron Foster has now resigned from the promotion amidst speculation of disorder and...
  30. Will Campuzano Now Meets Eddie Wineland At WEC 49
    WEC is in the process of making more changes to WEC 49, the most notable is that Will Campuzano has been pulled from his scheduled fight with Rafael Rebello and will now face Eddie Wineland. Wineland...
  31. GSP: From Ultimate Champion to Ultimate Coach
    Every season of “The Ultimate Fighter" has brought a different style of coach, and some of the best fighters in the world have taken a turn at the head of a team on the powerhouse reality show. For...
  32. UFC Extends Reach with Roku Set Top Streaming
    For the first time ever, just as UFC light heavyweight rivals Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans enter the Octagon and touch gloves, Roku users all over the country will be able to see what happens...
  33. Alistair Overeem: There Is Nobody Else Out There With The Speed & Technical Ability To Beat Fedor But Me
    So he says. "I surround myself with people who have the same attitude, intelligent people which you can learn from and develop yourself. In the gym my sparring partners don't really like me. There's...
  34. Kang vs. Usuda, Osawa vs. Toida Added To Sengoku 13
    World Victory Road today added another 2 fights to the upcoming Sengoku/SRC 13 event. The two new bouts include Kyung Ho Kang facing Ikuo Usuda and Shegeki Osawa, who had already been announced for...
  35. Mu Bae Choi Off Moosin MMA, Josh Barnes In
    Just three days before its "God of Martial Arts" pay-per-view event, Moosin USA has been forced to make a late-notice switch to its main card. Mu Bae Choi is now off the event for undisclosed...
  36. Tim Sylvia: I Think I Ruined Andrei Arlovski-Since I KO'd Him He Hasn't Been The Same
    Yes, that's the former UFC Heavyweight Champion taking credit for his fellow ex-champ's recent downfall and proving that apparently there's still some heat between them. "I would imagine Strikeforce...
  37. UFC Ultimate Fights: 894,000 Viewers
    This past weekend's "UFC's Ultimate Fights" special, which featured some of the top Ultimate Fighting Championship fights from 2010, averaged 894,000 viewers. "UFC's Ultimate Fights" drew a 0.8...
  38. Phil Baroni Returns At UFC 118
    Love him or hate him, Phil Baroni is back for one more try in UFC. Reports are he's verbally agreed to fight at UFC 118 although an opponent has yet to be named. Baroni is 0-1 in his latest UFC...
  39. Rousimar Palhares: It's Time To Test Myself-Let The Best Fighters Come
    Going for his 4th straight win but also coming off a 90 day suspension for not releasing a heel hook after the tapout in his last fight, Rousimar Palhares feels like he's ready to face the likes of...
  40. SF Heavy Artillery: 308,000 Viewers
    This past weekend's "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" event, which featured the long-awaited return of heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem to the U.S., drew an average of 308,000 viewers on...
  41. To Fans, You've Either Saved America Or You're The Scum Of The World
    That's the view of UFC Heavyweight Todd Duffee on the hype or hate he's received since his last fight, as he explained on last night's episode of Pro MMA Radio. Duffee told host Larry Pepe that hype...
  42. UFC Announces 4 Grappling Superfights For 2010 UFC Fan Expo
    As UFC 114: "Rampage vs. Evans" and the coinciding 2010 UFC Fan Expo quickly approaches, the world's leading mixed martial arts promotion has announced their plans for the second annual grappling...
  43. Dan Henderson Wants Another Crack At Shields, Would Fight Mousasi
    link Dan Henderson is looking to get back into the cage following a tough loss to Jake Shields in his Strikeforce debut, and Hendo knows who he wants:
  44. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson says roots of feud with Rashad Evans go back to 2004
    While "The Ultimate Fighter 10" showcased a pair of rival coaches, the root of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's beef with Rashad Evans stretches back almost six years. After 11 months of verbal warfare,...
  45. Mission Impossible? Fabricio Werdum Has A Secret That He Doesn't Want Fedor To Hear...
    And he's not telling us either. "This is my life fight, a very good opportunity. I'm training every day for six months because my last fight was in November. I want this fight. I have a lot of...
  46. Grappling ace Robert Drysdale set for professional mixed martial arts debut in July
    Brazilian jiu-jitsu superstar Robert Drysdale will soon test the waters of mixed martial arts. The Canadian-based Armageddon Fighting Championship today announced that Drysdale has signed a...
  47. UFC's Chael Sonnen claims victory in Oregon's Republican primary election
    UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen has passed the first test in his bid for a spot in the Oregon House of Representatives. Sonnen claimed a landslide victory in Tuesday's Republican Party...
  48. Lindland: No union because fighters are whores, cowards...
    “Unless you can get the top athletes and you’re not going to do that. I mean the fighters, they’re all whores, they just fight for the biggest purse and it’s going to be tough unless you could...
  49. Takanori Gomi vs. Shane Roller Added To UFC Fan Expo Grappling Tournament
    The UFC Fan Expo just added another bit of star power, as former PRIDE and Shooto champion Takanori Gomi and current WEC lightweight title contender Shane Roller will face off in a superfight at the...
  50. Manager: Vitor Belfort Will Get UFC Middleweight Title Shot In November
    According to his manager, Vitor Belfort will return to UFC in November and get his shot at the UFC Middleweight Title immediately. "Vitor will be in (the best) absolute physical condition to return...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580