MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Paul Buentello not officially cut from UFC, but camp anticipates release
    Paul Buentello (27-12 MMA, 3-3 UFC) has not received his official UFC release, but his representative is preparing for the worst. "We've had discussions with the UFC about moving forward with Paul,"...
  2. The Thomas Family Should Take Din's Picture-So They Remember What He Looks Like
    And to rub it in even further, Ricardo Mayorga says that he's going to KO Thomas in the first 5 minutes of their fight. The boxer faces Thomas on 5/15 and is very confident going in, even saying he's...
  3. Dan Hardy: I May Have Lost Saturday Night But I Wasn't Beaten
    And no, he was not impressed with GSP's performance either. In fact, Hardy, who was in North Carolina visiting teammates Ross Pearson & Andre Winner ahead of UFN 21, said "[St-Pierre] just convinced...
  4. UFN 21: 1.6 Million Viewers
    Spike TV executives today announced that Wednesday's UFC Fight Night 21 drew an average of 1.6 million viewers over the broadcast, peaking at 2 million for the Kenny Florian-Takanori Gomi main event....
  5. Tyron Woodley and Kerry Vera coming to Strikeforce Challengers VIII
    These are excellent additions for the Portland, OR event. Vera is coming off a TKO victory over Kim Coture, while Woodley is coming off of an excellent first round Arm Triangle over Rudy Bears....
  6. Master P Signs On As Judge At Upcoming MMA Event Benefiting Haiti
    P. Miller, formerly Master P, is always up for supporting a good cause. The latest is a MMA event that is benefiting the people in Haiti. Miller announced this week that he'll be a judge at the...
  7. Thiago Alves targeting UFC 114 return; still wants Jon Fitch rematch
    We prefer 114, but not for sure yet. Nothing is set in stone. Thiago wants to get into the cage as soon as possible. If UFC 114 means fighting someone [other than Fitch] then he’ll fight someone else...
  8. AFTER UFC 111 WIN, PELLEGRINO FOCUSES ON GOLD
    link With four wins in a row, it would be difficult to deny Kurt Pellegrino has developed into a legitimate title contender. Since returning to his native New Jersey and hooking up with fellow UFC...
  9. BRAD PICKETT RACING FOR THE TOP SPOT
    link Brad Pickett is making changes, big changes so that he can give his new lease of life in the WEC its best chance of success. He has been plugging away on the U.K. scene for long enough to know...
  10. RENZO GRACIE ON GSP'S INABILITY TO FINISH HARDY
    Prior to his UFC 111 title defense against Dan Hardy, welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre spent two weeks in Manhattan working at the Renzo Gracie Academy to help sharpen his skills in...
  11. Penn Considering Move To 170 Following UFC 112
    Each time B.J. Penn prepares to defend his Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight belt, the question arises: with a win, will he return to the welterweight division where he once held the title?...
  12. Meet "The Ultimate Fighter 11" cast: Grizzled veteran Kyacey Uscola
    Call him the anti-Amir Sadollah. Where Sadollah was able to claim victory in the seventh season of "The Ultimate Figher" with zero pro fights to his name, Kyacey Uscola will now try his hand at the...
  13. Is WEC Worth the PPV Price Tag?
    Is WEC 48 Worth the PPV Price? On April 24th, 2010 the WEC will broadcast their most stacked card to date. The card will feature two title bouts as well as a possible featherweight number one...
    Pages: 2
  14. UFC president Dana White suggests teammate vs. teammate fights will be required
    The days of Ultimate Fighting Championships competitors saying they won't fight their teammates may be over. Following the recently concluded UFC 111 event, main-card winner Jon Fitch and UFC...
  15. Moosin MMA hosts Tim Sylvia vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski on May 21 in Massachusetts
    As expected former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (25-6) will take on five-time World's Strongest Man champion Mariusz Pudzianowski (1-0) on May 21 in what will be the first event in the newly...
  16. Alves-Fitch 2 Rebooked For UFC 115
    The Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch rematch originally set for UFC 111 has now been rebooked for UFC 115. UFC president Dana White announced the fight via Twitter overnight. While the long-awaited rematch...
  17. Bobby Lashley Not On 4/17 SF Event
    According to Strikeforce fighter Bobby Lashley, he will not be fighting at the 4/17 Strikeforce event as had previously been expected. Lashley made the announcement on his Facebook page. No word on...
  18. Spike Announces UFC Counterprogramming For 4/17
    To probably nobody's surprise, Spike & UFC are once again scheduling counter-programming opposite Strikeforce, this time for SF's 4/17 event on CBS. Spike announced today that they will air a replay...
  19. Does Maia Have A Chance?
    Does Maia Have A Chance? Anderson Silva. The Spider carries a perfect 10-0 octagon record with him to his middleweight title defense this Saturday at UFC 112. He also has a 25-4 record overall, with...
  20. UFC 112 Video Blog with Frankie Edgar: Heading out to Abu Dhabi
    In this first UFC 112 video blog top lightweight contender Frankie ‘The Answer’ Edgar spends his last day out in his home of Toms River, New Jersey where he prepares himself to fly out to the United...
  21. Report: Leben vs. SImpson Now At TUF 11 Finale, Not UFC 114
    UFC appears to be doing some upcoming card-shuffling as there's a report that Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson, originally planned for UFC 114, is now being moved to the TUF 11 Finale. That would push...
  22. Jason Miller vs. Tim Stout Added to SF Nashville
    If approved by the Tennessee Athletic Commission, Jason Miller vs. Tim Stout will be a late addition to Strikeforce: Nashville on 4/17. Both sides have agreed to the fight, paperwork pending. This...
  23. UFC Theater Partnership Pays Dividends
    UFC 111 marked the debut of the organization on the big screen as it partnered with NCM Fathom to broadcast the PPV live and in high definition across 309 theaters in the United States. We won’t...
  24. Roy Nelson says Kimbo Slice has a better ground game then Matt Mitrione
    “It’s kind of hard to say. Matt has quick hands, Kimbo has power in his hands. It’s going to be a fun fight to watch. Personally you know it’s not a fight that’s going to go to the ground. I think...
  25. Matt Hughes: No Prediction, But I Think I Will Win
    Matt Hughes: No Prediction, But I Think I Will Win Matt Hughes is set to square off with his second Gracie family opponent at UFC 112. Hughes, who defeated hall of famer Royce Gracie at UFC 60 back...
  26. Forrest Griffin Versus Antonio Rogerio Nogueira In May Bout
    Forrest Griffen Versus Lil' Nog In May Bout Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffen has announced a potential matchup with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira could take place as early as May....
  27. Mariusz Pudzianowski Is The World's "Scardest" Man
    At least in the eyes of upcoming opponent Tim Sylvia. On his upcoming fight with the multi-time World's Strongest Man, Sylvia said "He's a big boy, but I can tell he's scared. He wouldn't stare at me...
  28. Ohio Institutes Cruiserweight Division On Trial Basis
    A progressive state known for their longtime support of mixed martial arts, Ohio has taken another step to level the playing field in amateur mixed martial arts. Ohio will institute a cruiserweight...
  29. Undisputed 2010 Demo details
    Responding to fan queries about the demo, the publisher stated it will include four fighters from the light heavyweight division: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida, Rashad "Sugar"...
  30. Strikeforce's Shinya Aoki doesn't regret arm-break incident, says it could happen again
    Shinya Aoki is not sorry he broke Mizuto Hirota's arm this past New Year's Eve, nor is he sorry about his actions afterward. Aoki (23-4 MMA, 0-0 SF) caught Hirota's right arm in a ghastly hammerlock...
  31. Andrei Arlovski Talks Lessons Learned and Future Goals in Strikeforce
    With his new Strikeforce deal completed, it seems like “The Pitbull” might soon be barking up a couple of old trees. Popular Strikeforce heavyweight Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (15-7) is set to...
  32. Syntax Records featured in April issue of Fight Magazine
    It’s not uncommon for those familiar with the Syntax Records brand to find hints of MMA intertwined both with the staff, and artists. In fact, some of the Syntax affiliates have been closely...
  33. As deadline looms, Josh Barnett not sure if he'll appeal CSAC license denial
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett has four days to add his name to the agenda for an upcoming meeting of the California State Athletic Commission and is unsure whether he wants to do so....
  34. UFC 111 drug test results come back clean
    All competitors from this past month's UFC 111 event tested negative for performance-enhancing drugs as well as recreations drugs/drugs of abuse. The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board's Nick...
  35. Shinya Aoki: It Is Certain That If I Lose, Japan Will Become A Colony Of US MMA
    That's one way he's looking at his 4/17 Strikeforce fight against Gilbert Melendez. "Japan’s best comes to USA. This is amazing ... my technical side is evidenced by my long career. It is the same as...
  36. Full UFC 114 fight card released, Duffee and Sanchez on PPV main card
    The full fight card for next month's UFC 114 event, including a five-fight main card, is now set. UFC officials today released the lineup for the May 29 event, which takes place at the MGM Grand...
  37. CBS to air Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. Tim Stout on "Strikeforce: Nashville" broadcast
    A middleweight bout between Jason "Mayhem" Miller (22-7 MMA, 0-1 SF) and Tim Stout (9-7 MMA, 0-0 SF) first reported Monday by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) will air "in some form" during the CBS...
  38. Strikeforce reserves June 26 for San Jose's HP Pavilion, Fedor-Werdum talks ongoing
    Strikeforce has reserved June 26 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., for a potential fight card, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from multiple sources close to the promotion....
  39. Mariusz Pudzianowski Likes To Hit Big, Soft People Like Tim Sylvia
    And he sure doesn't sound like the "World's Scaredest Man" as Sylvia claimed the other day. Although once he's past Sylvia, he does have his eyes on a certain other Heavyweight. Just not right away....
  40. Mackens Semerzier Off WEC 48, Replacement Search On
    There will be no "Mack" to go with "Cheesesteak" at WEC 48. Mackens Semerzier is now off the event due to an undisclosed injury. He was to have faced Anthony Morrison. A replacement search is...
  41. Nick Diaz vs. Hayato Sakurai Set For DREAM 15
    Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz is set to head for Japan to face Japanese star Hayato Sakurai in a Welterweight matchup at DREAM 15, likely to be scheduled for May 30. Strikeforce has...
  42. Janne Tulirinta Off Bellator 13, Joe Duarte Last-Minute Replacement
    Janne Turinta, a participant in Bellator's season 2 Lightweight Tournament set to begin tomorrow, has been forced off at almost the last minute due to visa issues and won't be able to fight tomorrow....
  43. Vince McMahon Trying To Get the UFC Banned
    Sometimes the most intriguing wrestling news stories are broken or teased on the Wrestling Observer / Figure Four Online message boards. This is one such case, as UFC.com writer/German UFC...
  44. Phil Davis to Unmask Alter-ego "Dave" at UFC 112
    I don't even know what my style is to tell you the truth,” said Davis. “I definitely have a couple of different looks. The one you saw against Brian Stann, I call that ‘Phil.’ It's very hard to...
  45. Santos & Le To Return To SF In June
    Although the date and fight card are not yet official, Strikeforce announced yesterday that Women's Middleweight Champion Cristiane Santos and former Middleweight Champion Cung Le will both return to...
  46. Dan Hardy: Georges St. Pierre plays it safe to keep his belt
    I wouldn't change it for the world. Even the result now. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and obviously I'm not ready to be the champion just yet. But there are a lot of...
  47. Ortiz vs. Liddell "Definitely" UFC 115 Main Event
    So says Dana White. He recently sat down with Joe Ferraro on Sportsnet's MMA Connected and once again confirmed that Chuck Liddell will face Tito Ortiz in the main event of UFC 115 in Vancouver,...
  48. Thiago Alves Brain Surgery Nothing More Than A Groin Shot & Superglue
    Silly-sounding but true according to the man himself. In describing his recent brain surgery, Alves said "So what they do with the angiogram is they make a small incision on my groin, and they put a...
  49. UFC 112 Weigh-Ins Results
    The weigh-ins for tomorrow's UFC 112 event were just completed. Everyone made weight so the entire card is now official. Article
  50. UFC terminates Lucio Linhares' contract following back-to-back losses
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship has terminated the contract of middleweight fighter and M-1 Challenge veteran Lucio Linhares. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today learned of the termination...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566