MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Forrest Griffin: My Jiu Jitsu Is As Good as Nogueira's
    The Nogueira brothers are widely regarded as two of the best Brazilian jiu jitsu practitioners in mixed martial arts. But as Forrest Griffin prepares to fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 114 on...
  2. Marcus Jones announced as second of four bonus characters for "UFC Undisputed 2010"
    Video game retailer GameStop announced this week that former professional footballer Marcus Jones (4-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is the second of four playable bonus characters in the forthcoming "UFC...
  3. After fixing mental game, WEC 47's Jens Pulver knew retirement wasn't the answer
    COLUMBUS, Ohio – Shortly after a swift submission loss to Josh Grispi at WEC 41 this past summer, Jens Pulver was stuck in a four-fight losing skid and hinted at a likely retirement. One of MMA's...
  4. UFC's "Crazy" Tim Credeur yearns for the days of "no hold barred"
    Add UFC middleweight Tim Credeur (12-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) to the list of fighters who'd like to see stomps and knees to a downed opponent back in MMA. Yes, he knows; they're not going to help the sport...
  5. Shane Carwin Talks Frank Mir - "I Will Be Ready for a War"
    "As most of you know my wife and I had our baby girl on the 24th. Lani was due the 11th and was induced on the 22nd and had a long labor. Alexia Carwin (Lexi) was born at 0024 on the 24th. I was...
  6. Rumble At The Rock Disappoints With Suspect DaDa 5000 Win
    FightScoops was in attendance at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Caisno in Hollywood, FL last night to witness Action Fight League’s ‘Rumble at the Rock 2‘, the sequel to their highly successful...
  7. WEC signs "Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung to six fight deal
    Sherdog.com has confirmed the signing of standout Korean prospect Chan Sung Jung to a six-fight deal with the Zuffa-owned promotion. The deal was confirmed with Jun Choi, who is the lead agent for...
  8. Santiago outlasts Khalidov to retain title at Sengoku Raiden Championships 12
    Sengoku middleweight champion Jorge Santiago admitted that he underestimated Polish powerhouse Mamed Khalidov in the pair's first meeting, a non-title fight in November 2009.Khalidov stunned Santiago...
  9. Following WEC 47 loss, Jens Pulver's retirement likely permanent this time
    COLUMBUS, Ohio – Saturday's post-WEC 47 press conference essentially served as a going-away party for Jens Pulver.The MMA trailblazer and superstar returned from a short-lived retirement and dropped...
  10. New champ Dominick Cruz, fellow WEC 47 victor Joseph Benavidez ready for rematch
    COLUMBUS, Ohio – Following Dominick Cruz's upset of Brian Bowles for World Extreme Cagefighting's bantamweight title, WEC General Manager Reed Harris – in all-too-familiar scene – said it's too early...
  11. After "bittersweet" win, Javier Vazquez eyes WEC's best fighters
    Featherweight Javier Vazquez (14-4 MMA, 1-2 WEC) desperately wanted a win in the WEC.After a heartbreaking run of back-to-back split-decision losses to open his WEC career, the 32-year-old "Showtime"...
  12. Fighters Earn $10,000 Bonuses At WEC 47
    With only three of the eleven fights on the card going to a decision at Saturday night’s WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz, World Extreme Cagefighting officials had their work cut out for them in handing out...
  13. Joseph Benavidez called Miguel Torres victory -- and is now calling for a Dominick Cruz rematch
    "This is the fight I've waited for since I got in the WEC. It feels great to get a win off him coming off his (Bowles) loss knowing he was going to come in determined and inspired and bring...
  14. WEC 47 Medical Suspensions
    The Ohio Athletic Commission has announced the medical suspensions from Saturday's WEC 47. 7 fighters in all are suspended, most got 60 days but 2 fighters-Brian Bowles and Miguel Torres-are...
  15. Benavidez Leaves A Friendly Reminder On Miguel Torres's Skull
    If you woke up today with a passionate urge to see inside Miguel Torres' head then this picture will make your day. Apparently if you get elbowed hard enough in the face, it could open a nasty gash...
  16. 'Astra' update: Michihiro Omigawa vs Micah Miller booked for 4/25
    The Sengoku upset artist, Michihiro Omigawa (9-8-1), has been confirmed to face Micah Miller (13-3) at Hidehiko Yoshida's retirement event."Astra" will take place at Nippon Budokan on Sunday, April...
  17. WEC 47 Fighter Payouts
    The Ohio Athletic Commission has released the official fighter payouts from WEC 47. The total disclosed payouts were $236,500 with the biggest share-$29,000-going to Joseph Benavidez. Article
  18. UFC Quick Quote: 'Everything is new' for Shogun vs Dragon II
    “Another battle and another Lyoto. Everything is new, the focus, the strategy ... it's my big dream. I'll concentrate and go and fight with even more desire. I´ll be even hungrier this time – to...
  19. Anderson Silva: 'Vitor Belfort was never my friend'
    “First thing, he (Belfort) was never my friend. Second, a fight is fight. I’m here to fight and whoever is better prepared will win and one of us will lose. I’d be upset if I had to face Rodrigo,...
  20. Despite Toney Rumors, Kimbo vs. Mitrione Is Now Official For UFC 113
    Although it was announced back at UFC 110 as being part of UFC 113, it wasn't until just yesterday that UFC officially confirmed Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione for the upcoming PPV in Canada. UFC...
  21. Rampage: Pride cheated me
    Fighters Only: Do you miss Pride? Rampage: I tell you what, I had some good times over in Pride. The UFC treats me better than Pride but the fans, the whole atmosphere… I remember after the fights in...
  22. After tough promotional debut, UFC 111's Jared Hamman relieved to fight on U.S. soil
    Light heavyweight Jared Hamman (11-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) can laugh about it now, but prior to his octagon debut against Alexander Gustaffson at UFC 105 this past November, he was in a world of hurt. Link
  23. James McSweeney vs. Travis Browne set for The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale
    UFC newcomer Travis Browne (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will meet "Ultimate Fighter 10" veteran James McSweeney (4-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) on the live finale of "The Ultimate Fighter 11." Link
  24. After brutal WEC 47 win, Scott Jorgensen believes he's at top of 135-pound division
    At this past weekend's WEC 47 event in Columbus, Ohio, Joseph Benavidez (12-1 MMA, 4-1 WEC) stunned Torres with a one-sided submission win and likely earned himself a shot at the 135-pound title. But...
  25. UFC announces Asian broadcast deal with Hong Kong-based All Sports Network
    As other fight promotions scramble for relevance in the U.S., the Ultimate Fighting Championship continues its own worldwide expansion. The UFC today announced a new long-term distribution agreement...
  26. Toby Imada In Bellator's Lightweight Tourney
    Toby Imada, whose “Submission of the Year” helped put Bellator Fighting Championships on the map during its debut season, will return to the promotion for its upcoming Season 2 lightweight...
  27. Cung Le Angling For Scott Smith Rematch
    “I’m hoping to get a rematch with Scott Smith as soon as possible,” he said in a video interview released by Strikeforce on Monday, although he still hasn’t been given word if that is his next fight...
  28. Who's On First For Shot At Dominick Cruz?
    When Dominick Cruz defeated Brian Bowles to win the WEC bantamweight title on Saturday night, the new champion didn't have long to celebrate before the questions started coming about who he might...
  29. Randy Couture: 'Fedor's going to have to step up and be willing to fight top level guys again'
    "At some point Fedor's going to have to step up and be willing to fight top level guys again. I don't know what's going on with him or why he's not willing to do that and certainly (Fabricio) Werdum...
    Pages: 2
  30. M-1 Director: Fedor Emelianenko (and Strikeforce relationship) healthy and ready to return
    "I think June, July is realistic (for Emelianenko's return). It's not 100 percent. Don't take this as a fight announcement, but I think during the summer. After the CBS show, we thought that the...
  31. Matt Wiman vs. Mac Danzig expected for UFC 115 in Vancouver
    A lightweight match-up between Matt Wiman (11-5 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and Mac Danzig (19-7-1 MMA, 3-3 UFC) is expected for UFC 115. Sources close to the bout told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Tuesday...
  32. Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago in the works for UFC 115 in June
    A welterweight matchup between Martin Kampmann and Paulo Thiago is currently in the works for UFC 115. The potential bout was first reported by The Las Vegas Sun, and MMAjunkie.com...
  33. Bonnar Loses Appeal, Possibly Gets K-Sos Rematch
    The Combat Sports Authority of New South Wales, Australia, which was tasked with regulating UFC 110 in Sydney, has ruled against Stephan Bonnar with regards to his appeal of his 110 loss to Krzyzstof...
  34. Jones, Vera focused on 205-pound division now, but heavyweight may be in future
    Jon Jones (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Brandon Vera (11-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) could be headed up a division around the same time. The light heavyweight headliners of UFC on Versus 1 spoke Tuesday to media about...
  35. Emerson vs. Lentz official; UFC Fight Night 21 complete with 11 bouts
    In a bout first reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), Rob Emerson (9-8 MMA, 3-2-1 UFC) meets Nik Lentz (17-3-2 MMA, 1-0-1 UFC) on the UFC Fight Night 21 preliminary card. The UFC today...
  36. Mike Swick: Dan Hardy Deserves Title Shot Against GSP, Can 'Definitely Win'
    Mike Swick and Dan Hardy have never appeared to be the best of friends. Of course, Hardy beat Swick to earn a welterweight title shot in November and then Swick talked publicly about how he didn't...
  37. Alessio Wins At Ring Of Fire, Steps Up For W-1
    With his win at Ring of Fire last week, former UFC welterweight John Alessio has indeed put himself on the right path following his decision to make major life changes. No longer part of the Las...
  38. James Toney is a 'lose-lose' fight for Randy Couture
    "Randy Couture, he respects my game like I respect his game. He's the best at what he do in his sport; I'm the best at what I do in my sport. We gonna see who has the better style and everybody know...
  39. Every Welterweight On The Planet Is The Underdog Against GSP
    And according to Michael Bisping, that's a good thing for Dan Hardy. "Dan's in a great position. All the pressure is on GSP for this fight. I know Dan's a consummate professional and I know from the...
  40. WEC 47: 373K Viewers, 2nd Smallest In 2 Years
    The ratings are out for Saturday's WEC 47 event, and the numbers are not good. Only 373,000 viewers tuned in, down 42% from WEC 46 (which, it should be noted, had the promotion's top draw-Urijah...
  41. One Year Later, "Mask" Leaves Positive Imprint With Those Who Knew Him
    Be better than you think you can be. Don't quit two minutes before the miracle. Believe. Charles "Mask" Lewis, the co-founder of TapouT, passed away a year ago today in a car accident and continues...
  42. One Year After The Passing Of "Mask", The Family Still Waits For Justice
    Charles ‘Mask’ Lewis Jr., founder of the popular multi-million dollar MMA clothing line and television show TapouT, was killed on the morning of March 11, 2009, when his Ferrari collided with a...
  43. double-weigh-ins gets provisional approval in Massachusetts
    Mass. Approves Double Weigh-ins, Could Change Wednesday, March 10, 2010 by Jack Encarnacao (jencarnacao@sherdog.com) The newly formed Massachusetts State Athletic Commission has approved placeholder...
  44. Roger Gracie Slated For 5/15 SF, Could Meet Randleman
    It appears that Roger Gracie's much-anticipated Strikeforce debut is finally set. Again. After a couple prior rumored debuts didn't quite work out, Gracie is now set to debut at the SF event on 5/15....
  45. Fistic Medicine: Becoming Superhuman
    Diego's "Yes! Yes! Yes!" battle chant. Guida's pre-fight leaping and face slapping. The fighters staring into the distance, bobbing their heads to music only they can hear. Regardless of the...
  46. Athletes and Knowing When To Say Goodbye
    Athletes and Knowing When To Say Goodbye Here's an article I wrote about the need for athletes to know when to hang up the gloves.It takes a look at Muhammed Ali and Chuck Liddell and compares their...
  47. An in depth look at Cigano vs Napao
    An in depth look at Cigano vs Napao In this article,I take an in depth look at the careers of Cigano and Napao,along with clips of their fights,and analyze how their fight will go down on Sunday the...
  48. Yoshiro Maeda vs. Cole Escovedo Announced For DREAM 13
    FEG held a press conference today in Japan to announce an additional fight for DREAM 13 on 3/22: Former WEC fighters Yoshiro Maeda and Cole Escovedo will face off in a match of a former WEC...
  49. James Toney Wants Brock Lesnar
    That's what he says on tonight's "Inside MMA" on HDNet. "I want Brock Lesnar. I'm the heavyweight champion of the world vs. the UFC champion. That'd be a hell of a match ... Chuck Liddell, Brock...
  50. Hess, Loeffler Join Bellator Middleweights
    Jared Hess and Sean Loeffler have signed on for Bellator Fighting Championships’ second season middleweight tournament, the promotion announced Wednesday. Link
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541