MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Fitch Isn't Improving, Kos Has Too Many One-Sided Losses & Swick Will Never Fight For A Title
    That's the latest trash talk/rebuttal directed partly at AKA from Dan Hardy, lashing out at his critics (and AKA) who feel he doesn't deserve the next shot at GSP. And he even makes sure to get in a...
  2. Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki could be third title fight on April 17 Strikeforce-CBS card
    With Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields meeting Dan Henderson in the headliner and light heavyweight title-holder Gegard Mousasi expected to meet Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal on the same...
  3. Bellator announces open tryouts this week in Kansas City for April 29 fight-card slot
    Bellator Fighting Championships is hitting the streets to find the next up-and-coming mixed martial artist.The Chicago-based promotion on Monday announced it's sponsoring an open tryout for fighters...
  4. UFC 111: Rodney Wallace 'doesn't feel like he can be beat' by Jared Hamman
    "I love [Hamman's approach]. I love people that go for knockouts in the first round. That’s my favorite type of person to fight, somebody that is confident to come in with their hands. I don’t ever...
  5. Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon official for UFC 113 preliminary card
    A long-rumored welterweight matchup between Yoshiyuki Yoshida (11-4 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Mike Guymon (11-3-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is now official for May's UFC 113 event. The fight is part of the night's...
  6. Grappling ace Ricardo Almeida welcomes Matt Brown's striking aggression at UFC 111
    UFC welterweight Matt Brown (11-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) quickly turned heads as one scary, aggressive guy on "The Ultimate Fighter 7" and has kept that reputation intact since the show. He's shrugged off a...
  7. Brock Lesnar Rooting for Frank Mir Over Shane Carwin
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir drew a lot of attention for comments about wanting to break current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar's neck and see him die in the Octagon. Lesnar says...
  8. CBS Hoping for Herschel; 3 Title Fights Could Cause Problems
    If things go right for Strikeforce and CBS over the next six weeks, their April 17 MMA show will feature Herschel Walker returning to the cage in addition to a lightweight title fight of Gilbert...
  9. Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers Will be for The Strikeforce Heavyweight Title
    Link
  10. Matchmaker says WEC 155-pound class isn't going anywhere
    WEC matchmaker Sean Shelby shares a portfolio of fighters looking to fight in the 155-pound division with UFC matchmaker Joe Silva. Since this past March, the lightweight division remains the only...
  11. "Strikeforce: Nashville" on CBS officially announced for April 17
    Strikeforce's second trip to network television is finally a done deal. CBS on Tuesday officially announced its broadcast of "Strikeforce: Nashville," which takes place April 17 at Bridgestone Arena...
  12. Strikeforce Fighters to Appear on 'NCIS: L.A.'
    Synergy was the word of the day when Strikeforce lightweight champion Gil Melendez, former titleholders Josh Thomson and Cung Le, and others joined the cast of CBS’s “NCIS: Los Angeles,” shooting...
  13. Report: UFC 115 In Vancouver In Jeopardy
    MM-Eh in May could wind up becoming MM-Nay, at least for UFC. Former fighter-turned-analyst Paul "The Mauler" Lazenby, a Vancouver resident, was on hand at yesterday's meeting of the Vancouver...
  14. Shinya Aoki Will Take Off His Tights, Submit Gilbert Melendez & Restore PRIDE's Heyday To Dream
    In recent comments posted by DREAM, DREAM LW Champion Shinya Aoki discussed his fight with SF LW Champion Gilbert Melendez, plans to bring the belt back to Japan, and even fighting without his famed...
  15. Quinton Jackson Has To Get In Shape Just To Get Into Shape
    And according to the latest smack talk from UFC 114 foe Rashad Evans, it's not just any camp. "He's in the UK right now training. He's doing a Forrest camp, so that's how fat he is. Rampage gotta get...
  16. Georges St-Pierre on Dan Hardy: I want to take him out as quickly as I can
    While UFC welterweight title challenger Dan Hardy (23-6 MMA, 4-0 UFC) continues to remain in the headlines due to ongoing verbal conflicts with some of his past opponents, the British slugger's date...
  17. UFC Signs Boxing Champion James Toney, Debut Date Uncertain
    After a long period of off-again, on-again courtship, the UFC has pulled the trigger and signed 41-year-old boxing champion James Toney. UFC President Dana White confirmed the signing to MMA...
    Pages: 2
  18. Trainer Juanito Ibarra to coach UFC signee James Toney in transition to MMA
    Boxing champion James Toney (72-6-3 Boxing, 0-0 MMA) already has a trainer to shepherd him into the world of mixed martial arts. Juanito Ibarra, a 30-year veteran of boxing and MMA who once trained...
  19. Kamal Shalorus injured, bout with Varner postponed
    Kamal Shalorus injured, bout with Varner postponed Looks as if the bout is off until June, or Varner could possibly be used if Cerrone or Henderson get injured.
  20. Report: WEC In Calgary On June 20 (Updated)
    "We're going to go up to Canada, and we're hoping to do that in the next few months," WEC general manager Reed Harris said recently on MMAWeekly Radio. According to one news article, "the next few...
  21. Is James Toney An MMA Freak Show?
    Believe it or not, many UFC Heavyweights say no. Most, in fact, had more positive things to say than negative-including Pat Barry, Paul Buentello, Brendan Schaub and Todd Duffee. In fact, Barry even...
    Pages: 2
  22. Marcus Davis Needs To Chill Out
    That's the response from Davis's (and maybe every UFC Welterweight's) latest trash talk target, Dan Hardy. "Yeah I saw [the AIDS tweet]. I laughed. I think he needs to chill out a bit. I think more...
  23. Kamal Shalorus not cleared for WEC 48 fight, Jamie Varner likely off pay-per-view event
    A proposed WEC 48 lightweight matchup between former champion Jamie Varner (16-3 MMA, 4-1 WEC) and intriguing prospect Kamal Shalorus (6-0-1 MMA, 2-0 WEC) has been nixed. Varner first posted news of...
  24. Randy Couture Wants James Toney First
    While we still don't know who James Toney will face in his Octagon debut, UFC legend Randy Couture has let it be known that he wants to be the one to introduce the former boxing champion to the...
  25. Kenny Florian Talks Takanori Gomi, Diego Sanchez and BJ Penn
    Link w/ Video
  26. James Toney's Coach, Juanito Ibarra: "He says he wanted Kimbo Slice"
    The MMA world was rocked yesterday with the announcement of a former world champion boxer, James Toney , being signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. With a professional boxing record of...
  27. Vadim Finkelstein clears the air on Mousasi leaving M1 and Fedor's contract negotiations
    If you can sit there and pretend like the name 'Vadim Finkelstein' doesn't sound like some end boss on Castlevania, then you need to reevaluate your childhood. A few weeks ago, Gegard Mousasi left...
  28. "Kimbo Slice" manager welcomes James Toney fight but says nothing currently in works
    Hold your horses. Amid rabid speculation this morning that Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (5-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) may be James Toney's first octagon opponent, his manager told MMAjunkie.com...
  29. Stephan Bonnar steps in for Frank Mir in WEC 47 commentator role
    Cast member of "The Ultimate Fighter" and 11-time UFC veteran Stephan Bonnar will take over for former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir in the the "WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz" commentating booth this...
  30. Zack Micklewright Off WEC 48
    The curse has arrived in WEC. For the second time in less than 2 days a fighter has been forced off an upcoming card, this time it's Zack Micklewright, who is off WEC 48 due to an undisclosed injury...
  31. SF: 4/17 Event Has "Some Fluidity", Though Future UFC Conflicts Unavoidable
    New fans of MMA are tasked with learning a daunting list of jargon when first approaching the sport, but in recent years, a new term has made its way to the fighting lexicon: counter-programming....
  32. Bellator Vet Travis Browne To UFC, To Face McSweeney In Debut
    Undefeated Heavyweight Travis Browne, a veteran of the Bellator Fighting Championships' first season, has signed with UFC. The 9-0 Browne is expected to face James McSweeney in his UFC debut, which...
  33. Coker declines comment on title talk, says Overeem vs. Rogers news might provide surprise
    While the California-based Strikeforce organization has spent the past year building its roster of athletes, one of the most burning questions on MMA fans' minds regarding the promotion has been,...
  34. Tim Sylvia Off DREAM.13 Card, Looking at Pudzianowski, Sims Fights
    With a fight falling through for the DREAM.13 event on March 22, former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia is next looking to fight against Mariusz Pudzianowski on April 23 and Wes Sims on June 5,...
  35. ‘Morango’ controls the mind to fight ‘Batman’
    Fabrício “Morango” Camões debuted in the UFC with a draw against Caol Uno. Scheduled to return against Kurt “Batman” Pellegrino at UFC 111, the black belt under Royler Gracie is excited to win his...
  36. Arona "hibernating to come back hunting"
    Ricardo Arona was considered one of the best light heavyweight fighters of the world. But, when Pride ended, in 2007, Arona decided to stop competing for a while. Since then, the “Brazilian Tiger”...
  37. Interview: Clay Guida on His Renewed Motivation, RV Living, and More
    Clay Guida has twice been on the cusp of getting a title shot in the UFC’s ultra-competitive lightweight division, only to come up a little short. On the heels of back-to-back losses against Diego...
  38. UFC Looking to Counter-Program Strikeforce in April; Strikeforce Could Retaliate Against WEC Pay-Per-View
    What, you thought that Strikeforce could put together a stacked card on CBS featuring three title fights, one involving former UFC star Dan Henderson, and Dana White would just stand there and take...
  39. Couture, Kimbo, Forrest? Who's First For Toney?
    Who gets the first shot at James Toney? That is the million-dollar question... or likely somewhere near the million-dollar mark considering that Toney signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC. It’s...
  40. Kiuma Kunioku Ready For Rebirth At 155 Pounds
    With wins over Nate Marquardt, Frank Shamrock, Genki Sudo, and Yuki Kondo, you'd think that Kiuma Kunioku would be a household name to hardcore MMA fans, but truth be told the Japanese fighter has...
  41. Ben Askren: 'My wrestling and my grappling are good enough to beat anybody'
    "I chose Bellator for a number of reasons. They offered me the best contract, I can get three fights done in three months, and on top of that I really think that they will do a good job of promoting...
  42. Miguel Torres: I'm training to be more like Lyoto Machida and less like Wanderlei Silva
    "They wanted me to pick an opponent, I didn’t want to. I told (WEC matchmaker) Sean Shelby to give me the toughest guy he could find a match against, and that was Benavidez. He's one of those guys...
  43. Chan Sung Jung Likely Headed To WEC
    Japanese MMA veteran Chan Sung Jung, a Korean fighter with a 10-1 career mark, appears headed to WEC. Nicknamed "The Korean Zombie", Jung is in negotiations with WEC and a deal is expected to be done...
  44. Mike Swick offered fight with Matt Serra on April 17, won't fight due to arm injury
    Mike Swick (14-4 MMA, 9-3 UFC) can't straighten his left arm, much less train or fight. The UFC welterweight spoke to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Friday after rumors surfaced of his...
  45. Claude Patrick signs four-fight UFC deal, expected to make debut in Vancouver
    It didn't take long for Claude Patrick (11-1) to take that next step in his career. The Toronto, Ontario, Canada-based welterweight recently signed a four-fight deal with the UFC and is expected to...
  46. KOTC champ Bobby Green promises exciting fights as he targets UFC contract
    Bobby "King" Green (13-3) got his start fighting in backyards with no thought of YouTube stardom. Green sized up who he wanted to fight that day and put socks on his hands to protect them while 100...
  47. Bellator vet Travis Browne signs with UFC, faces James McSweeney in debut
    Undefeated heavyweight Travis Browne (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has signed a multi-fight deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship and is expected to make his octagon debut against "The Ultimate Fighter...
  48. Coker: Relationship with M-1 Global strong, Emelianenko news "in a couple days"
    When it became apparent that Strikeforce's second show on network television would be held without the presence of heavyweight superstar Fedor Emelianenko, numerous theories were put together by a...
  49. Seth Petruzelli vs. Houston Alexander Allegedly Set for April 23
    A bout between Seth Petruzelli and Houston Alexander is reportedly set for the April 23 mixed martial arts card at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts -- the same card on which former UFC...
  50. Alistair Overeem K-1 Fight Set for April 3
    Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem is scheduled to fight a K-1 kickboxing match against Dzevad Poturak on April 3, just six weeks before he is supposed to defend his title against...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540