MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Rampage Jackson Doesn't Love MMA
    Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will return to the Octagon after more than a year away from mixed martial arts when he takes on Rashad Evans in May at UFC 114. But just because he's coming back doesn't...
  2. Have a Difference in Opinion with Mir? Feel Free to Punch Him in the Face!
    Never one to hold back on his opinion, Frank Mir has proven that getting in your opponent’s head can benefit you when it comes time to fight. Before his UFC 107 match-up against Cheick Kongo, he...
  3. M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card
    After weeks of doubt about the fighter's once-expected participation, Fedor Emelianenko will not, in fact, fight in April during Strikeforce's return to CBS airwaves. According to a report from...
  4. With Poland conquered, teenage prodigy Marcin Held hopes for big-stage MMA offer
    Marcin Held found the beginning of his promising mixed-martial-arts career on a billboard. The then-9-year-old Held was searching for something new to try, and he spotted the advertisement for a gym...
  5. Ricardo Funch Off UFC 111, Greg Soto Faces Riddle
    Ricardo Funch is now off UFC 111 for as-yet-unknown reasons. He was to have faced Matthew Riddle. Greg Soto, a newcomer with a perfect 7-0 career record, will be the replacement and make his UFC...
  6. Joe Brammer vs Aaron Riley agree to UFC 114 meeting in Las Vegas
    Joe Brammer (7-1-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) makes a second attempt at his first Ultimate Fighting Championship victory at UFC 114, where he's likely to meet veteran Aaron Riley (28-12-1 MMA, 2-4 UFC). Both...
  7. SF On CBS April 17, But No Fedor
    Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker on Thursday confirmed recent speculation that his fight promotion would land in Nashville, Tenn., on April 17. Aside from the date and location, he was rather elusive. No...
  8. Emelianenko to Strikeforce champ Overeem: Test clean or we won't fight
    Fedor Emelianenko's manager says his fighter will only face Strikeforce champion Alistair Overeem after Overeem proves he isn't taking performance enhancers commonly banned from competition. Overeem...
  9. Paulo Filho No-Showed Bitetti Combat 6 Because It Didn't Pay What He Deserved
    Apparently "personal reasons" was not the reason Paulo Filho no-showed Bittetti Combat 6 last night, where he was scheduled to face Yuki Sasaki. He told the TATAME website that it was all about the...
  10. Cole Miller vs. Andre Winner Off UFN 21
    The curse just won't quit. The latest victim today is Cole Miller, who has an injury and now can't fight Andre Winner at UFC Fight Night 21. As a result, the fight is off. It's not known if they'll...
  11. Heavyweights Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Pat Barry agree to UFC 115 meeting
    A pair of heavyweight strikers collide in June at UFC 115 now that Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (26-7-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC) and Pat Barry (5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) have agreed to a matchup. Sources close to the...
  12. Gilbert Yvel to meet Ben Rothwell, not Pat Barry, at UFC 115 in Vancouver
    Although initially expected to fight Pat Barry (5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC), heavyweight Gilbert Yvel (36-14-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) instead will fight Ben Rothwell (30-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in June at UFC 115. Sources...
  13. With Olympic judo now fully behind him, Rick Hawn striking his way to MMA success
    Former Olympian Rick Hawn (5-0) reached a conclusion that's well-known to many international competitors: you can't eat gold medals. With that in mind, the 33-year-old Hawn, who faces Tom Gallicchio...
  14. Rob Kimmons Off UFC On Versus, Julio Paulino Faces Pierce
    The body count rises once again-the curse's second victim today is Rob Kimmons. He's now off the upcoming UFC event on Versus with what's believed to be a leg injury. He was to have faced Mike...
  15. MFC 24: Heat XC
    link -Yves Edwards def. Derrick Noble by TKO (Strikes) at 4:44, R1 -Tom Watson def. Travis Galbraith by KO (Kick) -Jesse Juarez def. Nathan Gunn by KO (Kick) at 0:11, R1 -Dwayne Lewis def. Ryan...
  16. Striforce results
    link Main Bouts (On Showtime): -Sarah Kaufman def. Takayo Hashi by Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45), R5 -Trevor Prangley vs. Karl Amoussou ruled a Technical Draw (Accidental Foul) at 4:14,...
  17. DARREN ELKINS IN AFTER FISHER SUFFERS INJURY
    link Spencer Fisher has been forced out of the upcoming UFC on Versus 1 card in March due to an undisclosed injury. Octagon newcomer Darren Elkins has been tapped as a replacement to face hometown...
  18. Report: Fisher out, Ludwig faces newcomer Elkins at UFC on Versus 1 in March
    While the UFC took a week off from conducting an event, matchmaker Joe Silva didn't get to enjoy the vacation. According to The Wrestling Observer Spencer Fisher has been forced to withdraw from the...
  19. “Rampage Jackson” and Rashad Evans Confirm May 29th Bout
    Twitter can be a wonderful or damn annoying thing. In fact, it’s just like the internet; at times providing unfettered access to vitally important knowledge, or an opportunity for morons to drone on...
    Pages: 2
  20. BJ Penn braces for a possible tsunami in Hilo, Hawaii **Updated**
    http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/27/1329226/bj-penn-braces-for-a-possible Created by the "massive" 8.8-magnitude earthquake earlier today in Chile: Damn, I'd be scared if I was in BJ's position. Let's...
  21. Tim Sylvia vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski
    Like a 59 car pile up plus a train and helicopter up on the highway.You know you should not look but how can you not when something this awsome comes along. A matchup between former UFC heavyweight...
  22. BJ Penn Unlikely Source of Info for Hawaii Tsunami News Coverage
    As the world watched the terrible news of another horrific earthquake -- this one epicentered in central Chile, and waited for news of a follow-up tsunami expected to hit Hawaii, UFC lightweight...
  23. Arona Recovering, Hoping to Fight in U.S.
    Arona Recovering, Hoping to Fight in U.S. Saturday, February 27, 2010 by Marcelo Alonso Ricardo Arona is recovering from surgery and hopes to fight again this year, the Brazilian recently told...
  24. Jose Canseco admits he was ill-prepared for MMA debut, still angling for second chance
    Former Major League Baseball great Jose Canseco (0-1) has often found himself as the center of a controversy. And from steroid-use tell-all novels to "Celebrity Boxing" appearances, the 45-year-old...
  25. Rob Emerson vs. Nik Lentz targeted for "UFC Fight Night 21: Florian vs. Gomi"
    A lightweight contest pitting Rob Emerson (9-8 MMA, 3-2-1 UFC) against Nik Lentz (17-3-2 MMA, 1-0-1 UFC) is targeted for UFC Fight Night 21, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from...
  26. Alistair Overeem's Management Says, "Look for an Announcement From Strikeforce"
    After discussing Alistair Overeem's future again with his management, the only comment was that the next announcement we will hear about Alistair Overeem will come from Strikeforce. This is...
  27. Mariusz Pudzianowski Announced For 5/7 KSW 13 Event
    "The World's Strongest MMA Fighter" is ready for an encore performance. 5-time World's Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski, coming off his successful MMA debut in December, will return to action on...
  28. Martin Kampmann Healing Up To Defend Against Smurf Kicks
    No, not kicks from those little blue cartoon characters. In comments made to the Las Vegas Sun, Martin Kampmann tlaked about the cut that forced him off UFC 111 and will likely keep him out past a...
  29. Kendall Grove Ready To "Make History" Against Mark Munoz
    But there are no bad words between the Middleweight fighters facing each other, and both are looking forward to their UFC 112 fight in Abu Dhabi-and perhaps a few rounds at the bar afterwards....
  30. Dream 13: Nakahara ready for Ryo Chonan
    Andrews Nakahara, one of the new promises of Brazilian MMA, is ready to another challenge on Japanese rings. After to debut with loss to the legend Kazushi Sakuraba and two knockout victories, the...
  31. NCAA Champion Cole Konrad Signs With Bellator
    The signing spree of Bellator Fighting Championships continued on Saturday as former NCAA wrestling champion, Cole Konrad, announced that he would be joining the organization following his latest win...
  32. Ultimate Fighter International Coming Soon
    Over the last three years, the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s plan for global domination has been in full swing, hosting events on three continents and in five different countries, six if you...
  33. Varner Hungry To Prove That He's Still The Best
    Sitting out for a year definitely lit the fire inside former WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner, who is more determined than ever to prove he belongs among the top 155-pounders in the sport. Link
  34. Bowles Earning His Respect... One Fight At A Time
    Taking headlining duties for the second consecutive time, newly minted WEC bantamweight champion Brian Bowles is set to make his first title defense against the surging Dominick Cruz at WEC 47 in...
  35. B.J. Kojima Relinquishes Shooto Belt
    Shooto Bantamweight (123 lbs.) Champion Shinichi "B.J." Kojima today announced his decision to vacate the title, citing a slowly-healing ACL in his right knee. Kojima - who has held the belt since...
  36. Quote of the Day: Miguel Torres Says "I'm Looking to Put Joseph Benavidez Away"
    "When I come into a fight, it's never about being on top, it's just about being where I'm supposed to be. What people say don't really bother me. People talk and say I don't deserve where I'm at and...
  37. TUF Alum Dean Amasinger Dealt A Bad Break
    Injuries are the bane of a fighter’s life, going from continually training with a goal in mind to being out of action with progress halted. It’s frustrating and leads to introspection on why the...
  38. B.J. Penn, Tito, Kimbo Head Next Round 5 Series
    Like most sports today, mixed martial arts has its fair share of fans that also fancy themselves collectors. One of the first companies to really fill that niche for MMA aficionados was Round 5, a...
  39. Jon Fitch: 'Thiago Alves is a fight I need to prove I deserve a rematch against GSP'
    "I’ve made huge improvements in my last year of training. I think I’m at the point where I can technically matchup with [Georges St. Pierre] and I think I can beat him. I think right now I’m a better...
  40. Cain Velasquez: I'm ready for a shot at Brock Lesnar
    "Yes. I'm ready. I think I've been ready for a while. The way this sport works is you've just got to prove yourself when you get the chance. I want to fight the best so I can be the best ... I don't...
  41. Help My MMA Career Has Fallen and I Can't Get Up: The Travails of Josh Barnett and Tim Sylvia
    After reports surfaced that Barnett had agreed to fight for Dream but that two potential opponents -- Tim Sylvia and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva -- had turned down the chance to fight him,Barnett...
  42. Introducing The Ultimate Fighter 11 Cast - All 28 Middleweights
    For the first time Spike TV has officially announced the full cast of the 28 middleweights fighting for a chance to become the next Ultimate Fighter. TUF 11 premieres March 31. Nick Ring (10-0),...
  43. UFC targeting Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller for UFC 114 in Las Vegas
    A middleweight bout between Michael Bisping (18-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and Dan Miller (11-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC), established contenders both desperately in need of a win, is likely to take place in May at UFC...
  44. Chris Lytle: UFC's All-Time Bonus Winner
    A handful of the UFC's biggest stars get six-figure guarantees for all their fights and a cut of the pay-per-view revenue. Those guys are the promotion's highest-paid fighters. For the majority of...
  45. SportsBusiness Journal: UFC Sets Company Merchandise Sales Record in Australia
    UFC 110, headlined by the Antonio "Minotauro" Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez heavyweight bout, grossed $540,000 in merchandise sales at Acer Arena in Sydney, breaking the previous record of $498,000...
  46. Arlovski Signs with Strikeforce *Update* meets Antonio Silva May 15 in St. Louis
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (15-7 MMA, 0-1 SF) has signed a multi-fight, 16-month deal with Strikeforce and is expected to fight former EliteXC title-holder Antonio Silva (13-2...
  47. Champ Alistair Overeem confirms May 15 Strikeforce fight with Brett Rogers
    Alistair Overeem (32-11 MMA, 2-0 SF) wants American fans to get ready. There are no more obstacles in the way of his American MMA career; Strikeforce is the priority for 2010. In an exclusive...
  48. Jeff Curran headed to Bellator
    After announcing a pair of opening-round featherweight matchups, Bellator Fighting Championships officials have set three additional bouts for the second event of its upcoming second season, Bellator...
  49. Dana White Unexpectedly Gives Donation To Brain Tumor-Stricken Girl
    While he might look and talk like a typical foul-mouthed coprorate head honcho, UFC President Dana White indeed has a gentler side to him. That became more evident recently when White donated 5000...
    Pages: 2
  50. Josh Barnett To DREAM, Could Debut 3/22
    While he waits for the CSAC to eventually hear his drug test results appeal, Josh Barnett is headed back to Japan. He has signed with DREAM and could debut in the promotion on 3/22 at DREAM 13. No...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580