MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. "UFC Prelims" To Return For 111, 2 Fights To Air
    After a break of sorts for last weekend's UFC 110, Spike's "UFC Prelims" series will return next month for UFC 111. The 3rd of 10 planned shows this year will feature Matt Brown vs. Ricardo Almeida...
  2. Hashi Wants To Crush Kaufman To Win Title
    "I've had a dream of fighting in the world title fight for a long, long time, and finally, I can be in that stage. So what I have to do now is to use my own strength to get my dream, that belt,...
  3. Dan Hardy: Koscheck and Fitch had their chance against GSP -- and they got beat up
    "[Koscheck's] just bitching because I’m in this position and he’s not. There are a lot of guys out there and I know Jon Fitch said a few things the other day as well. Everyone’s entitled to their...
  4. Wanderlei Says Preparation Key To His Rebirth
    "This victory is very, very important for me at this point in my career," Silva said when talking about the importance of the fight. "The UFC is the best event in the world, every fight here is...
  5. Life as champ much the same for WEC 47 headliner Brian Bowles
    Despite winning World Extreme Cagefighting's bantamweight title and dethroning a former champ who was also the world's top-ranked 135-pounder, life hasn't changed much for Brian Bowles. Link
  6. Frank Mir Wants Brock Lesnar to Die in the Octagon
    *this is a follow up to what i posted a lil bit back..this is the full story unlike before where i had only one line of the interview. Link
  7. ROthwell Sick With Traveler's Flu, Hopeful For Cro Cop Rematch At 115
    One of Ben Rothwell's trainers revealed today that the fighter is still in Australia due to "traveler's flu", the illness that forced him off UFC 110, where he was to have faced Mirko Cro Cop....
  8. THQ VP: There’s Nothing In EA Sports MMA To Entice You To Buy It
    EA, which is a very well known company and who makes big sports games, they couldn’t get our license. They were not fans of the UFC, they were not fans of mixed-martial arts–and they decided to...
  9. Bonnar & Soszynski Want Rematch
    Stephan Bonnar (11-7) and Krzysztof Soszynski (19-9-1) were locked in a closely contested fight at UFC 110 when an accidental collision of heads opened up a cut on Bonnar that forced an end to the...
  10. Rumors About Fedor Emelianenko Fighting Alistair Overeem Mounting As Strikeforce Does Nothing to Clarify
    One report states that Strikeforce will run an event in Nashville, Tennessee on 4/17 with Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson as the main event, along with Bobby Lashley (and Herschel Walker?) on the...
  11. Barnett CSAC Appeal Delayed Yet Again
    Josh Barnett's appeal to the CSAC of a failed drug test last year-take 4-scheduled for today was delayed for a 4th time because Barnett no-showed. The reason was that Barnett was in Japan to work a...
  12. VARNER LIKELY TO MEET SHALORUS AT WEC PPV
    link The upcoming WEC pay-per-view card will look to add some more fire to the lightweight contender's race as former champion, Jamie Varner, is expected to meet Kamal Shalorus in a bout on the...
  13. UFC Debuts Live on Big Screen in HD with UFC 111
    For the first time in UFC® history, UFC fans can head to their local movie theater and take in all the action in the Octagon™, live and broadcast in high definition on the big screen starting with...
  14. Corey Hill Returns To Action On 3/20
    Corey Hill's comeback trail continues on March 20 at Xtreme Combat League: Evolution in Michigan, where he'll face Mark Hoist in a 5-round fight for the XCL Lightweight Championship. Hill said he...
  15. Kaufman vs. Hashi Now SF 2/26 Main Event
    Step aside boys, it's Ladies' Night once again in Strikeforce. Although SF originally announced Karl Amoussou vs. Trevor Prangley as the main event for Friday's SF Challengers event, they've now been...
  16. Paulo Filho back to Bitetti Combat 6
    In one week Bitetti Combat changes its main event for the second time. After revealing that Thales Leites would replace Paulo Filho in the fight against Yuki Sasaki, the promoters now confirm that...
  17. Werdum: “Wanderlei is more mature”
    Former UFC heavyweight fighter, Fabricio Werdum helped on Wanderlei Silva’s training to fight Michael Bisping at UFC 110. In an exclusive interview to TATAME.com, the Strikeforce fighter commenter...
  18. Lyoto Machida: “It wasn’t Minotauro’s day”
    UFC light heavyweight champion, Lyoto Machida usually trains with Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira at Black House gym in the US. But the karate fighter wasn’t happy at all with the UFC 110 main event,...
  19. Bellator sets brackets for season-two featherweight tournament's opening round
    After announcing all eight competitors for their upcoming season-two featherweight tournament, Bellator Fighting Championship officials today unveiled the brackets for the opening round of the...
  20. Anthony Perosh Scores Four-Fight Deal With the UFC
    After being soundly thrashed by Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic on two days' notice at UFC 110, Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh has been signed to a four-fight deal by the UFC, according to a report on...
  21. Bisping Hopes For Rematch With Wanderlei
    “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 3 winner Michael Bisping and former Pride Fighting Championships titleholder Wanderlei Silva had a back and forth battle at UFC 110 with Silva earning a unanimous...
  22. Modafferi Hopes To Enter StrikeForce Tourney
    Women's MMA is starting to build new stars with names like Cris “Cyborg” Santos and Sarah Kaufman. One name that has been overlooked that could dart out quickly in 2010 is Roxanne Modafferi, who made...
  23. Marlon Sandro vs Tomonari Kanomata In Sengoku
    Fast rising star, Marlon Sandro, will return to action at the upcoming Sengoku show to face Tomonari Kanomata in a featherweight bout for their show slated for March 7 in Japan and will be shown in...
  24. UFC Quick Quote: Paulo Thiago 'not ready yet' to face Georges St. Pierre
    Up-and-coming UFC welterweight Paulo Thiago talks to Tatame.com about his place in the 170-pound weight class. While many of the division's top fighters are arguing over who should be the next man to...
  25. High Expectations and History Plague Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic's Future
    One of the storylines that some of the major MMA media have been focusing on in the aftermath of UFC 110 has been the poor performance that Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic displayed in his beatdown of...
  26. Sinosic: I Will Most Likely Need A Complete Shoulder Reconstruction
    The King isn't dead, but he's likely not fighting again for a while. Australian MMA pioneer Elvis Sinosic, who had to miss his scheduled UFC 110 fight due to a shoulder injury, now says he'll likely...
  27. Tim Sylvia: The Hinkle Fight Is Off
    Seems Tim Sylvia can't get a fight these days. The former UFC Heavyweight Champion was to have faced Wes Sims at Adrenaline 4 on 3/20, but the Ohio Athletic Commission said no. "Non-competitive"....
  28. UFC 111's Rory Markham implements fight-camp trash talk
    UFC Rory Markham isn't just training to fight – he's training to fight trash talk. At UFC 111, Markham (16-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) faces a dynasty in the world of trash talking: a Diaz brother. Although...
  29. CRO COP back in Croatia, says Rothwell at 112 is a maybe
    I'm very sorry Ben had to pull out few days before the fight, but Dana said we might fight on UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi. I admire Perosh for taking the fight. There were much better fighters there who...
  30. Adrenaline 3/20 Event Cancelled
    And no, it has nothing to do with Tim Sylvia. Monte Cox has cancelled his planned Adrenaline MMA event on 3/20, but the reson is a concert scheduled in conjunction with the event was cancelled over...
  31. Anthony Njokuani vs. Shane Roller targeted for "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber" in April
    Two of the WEC's brightest lightweight stars will likely meet in an intriguing contest with title-shot implications undoubtedly on the line. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from...
  32. Frank Mir issues apology after Brock Lesnar death comments
    Frank Mir today issued an apology following an interview in which he said he wanted rival and UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to be "the first person that dies due to octagon-related...
  33. Ed Soares praises Cain Velasquez, blasts critics who say "Big Nog" is done
    While manager Ed Soares is heartbroken that his friend and client Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) got knocked out at this past weekend's UFC 110, he has nothing but respect for...
  34. Frank Mir Not the Only One to Talk Death in UFC
    Frank Mir may have crossed the line when he said he'd like Brock Lesnar "to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries." But in fairness to Mir, it should be pointed out that he's...
  35. UFC Undisputed 2010 First Footage
    Link
  36. Stratus Media Group assumes control of ProElite Inc., plans to relaunch MMA promotion
    More than 15 months since the company that housed fight promotions EliteXC and ShoXC closed its doors, the live entertainment company Stratus Media Group, Inc. has assumed control of its operations...
  37. Report: Bully Beatdown Gets 3rd Season
    MMA fighter Jason Miller's reality series "Bully Beatdown", which has been airing on the cable network MTV, has reportedly been renewed for a 3rd season by the network. While details about the third...
  38. It's Official: Shields vs. Hendo In April For SF MW Title
    At long last it's on. Dan Henderson and Jake Shields have agreed to meet in Strikeforce with the Middleweight Title on the line in April. Shields confirmed the bout when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio...
  39. Stephan Bonnar to appeal UFC 110 loss, claims headbutt should lead to draw
    UFC 110 competitor Stephan Bonnar, who suffered a TKO loss to Krzysztof Soszynsk at UFC 110i due to a deep facial cut, plans to appeal the loss and hopes to have it overturned to a draw. Bonnar...
  40. With Dream contract obligations fulfilled, Alvarez focuses on Bellator
    As Bellator Fighting Championships readies to make its Season 2 debut in 2010, one of the marquee names on its roster happens to be lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez. The Philadelphia native was...
  41. Keith Kizer Explains Legality of George Sotiropoulos' Fight Gear
    During last weekend's UFC 110, George Sotiropoulos turned in a star-making performance in a win over Joe Stevenson, but the victory also caused a minor controversy by some who questioned Sotirpoulos'...
  42. Denis & Sandro Added To SRC 12
    World Victory Road today announced more matches for their upcoming SRC 12 event on 3/7. Breakout star and Featherweight King Of Pancrase Marlon Sandro will return to the promotion to face Tomonari...
  43. Lift The Ban Watch: MMA Now Legal In Alabama
    Welcome to the club, Alabama. According to Dana White, Alabama is the latest state to adopt MMA legislation. The MMA regulation actually comes less than a year after Alabama passed a bill to create a...
  44. Silva suspended just 30 days, free for potential UFC 115 bout with Akiyama
    While the New South Wales Combat Sports Authority (the commission in charge of regulating this past weekend's UFC 110 event) has yet to release an official list of medical suspensions from the UFC's...
  45. STRIKEFORCE: ROCKHOLD ON VERGE OF STARDOM
    Expectations have always been high for Rockhold, but now more so than ever he’s hearing from followers that it is his time to step up. “I’ve heard that quite a bit,” he stated. “Everyone’s asking me...
  46. Shine Fight III takes shape with Rua, Vitale, Thompson, Pamplona, Estima, others
    While the details regarding Shine Fight Promotions' long-rumored third event have been hard to come by in recent months, the upcoming event is quickly taking shape. Promotion officials today...
  47. Shane Carwin: 'Frank Mir is either a terrible human being or unfit to fight'
    "I can tell you that ANY athlete wishing death upon a competitor is either a terrible human being or mentally unfit to fight. That type of talk and if it ever happened will take this sport backwards....
  48. Trevor Prangley: I love the UFC - but lose a fight and you might lose your spot
    "My goal has always been to hold a legitimate world championship before I retire. I have a bunch of titles with some smaller organizations but I want to hold a title in one of the bigger...
  49. Frankie Edgar's UFC 112 prediction? Plenty of sweat...
    "His flexibility, balance, all that stuff, he's going to be a tough nut to crack. I'm going to have my hands full for sure. I definitely watch video. I don't get too caught up in it though because I...
  50. Dream Press conference announces 4 fights among other things
    Minowaman vs. Jimmy Ambriz Andre Dida vs. KJ Noons (really happy to see kj knocked out again) Ryo Chonan vs. Andrews Nakahara Katsunori Kikuno vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka In 2010 they will crown...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575