MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Quick Quote: Dana White ready for MMA to come (back) to the Olympics
    UFC President Dana White is all for the return of mixed martial arts to the Olympic Games, International sport's most hallowed ground. MMA existed under the Olympic banner back in Ancient Greece in...
  2. UFC 110: Is it the end of PRIDE -- or a new beginning?
    Nostradumbass here. I was taking a closer look at the significance of the UFC 110 fight card as it pertains to the careers of three PRIDE FC greats: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Wanderlei "The Axe...
  3. UFC 110 Preview: Will Ryan Bader Capitalize on Keith Jardine's Weaknesses?
    In light heavyweight action, rising star and The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 winner Ryan Bader (10-0, 3-0 UFC) will battle long-time UFC veteran Keith Jardine (15-6-1, 6-5 UFC) in a very important...
  4. Dana White Details Selection of Anderson Silva's UFC 112 Opponent
    In the wake of Vitor Belfort's shoulder injury, UFC President Dana White and matchmaker Joe Silva were left with a decision regarding the status of middleweight champion Anderson Silva. They could...
  5. Dollaway Prepared For The Unknown In Reljic
    You've got to prepare the best you can. Obviously you've seen his strengths and try to play off those, but he could be a totally different fighter than he was two years ago," Dollaway told MMAWeekly...
  6. Changes to UFC 110 Card
    This sucks. A shoulder injury suffered by Elvis Sinosic has forced the cancellation of his rematch with countryman Chris Haseman, and heavyweight Ben Rothwell has been sidelined by an illness,...
  7. Overeem is BIIIIG...
    And here's why.... Link
  8. Fight Path: Olympic hopeful and UFC newcomer Mario Miranda a natural at MMA
    In leaving behind his home, family and fitness gym owned by his aunt where he trained in jiu jitsu throughout his youth, Miranda moved to Boston. There was no special reason, really, just a relative...
  9. Anthony Johnson Isn't Dumb Enough To Fight John Howard With A Bum Knee
    And it's a lingering injury at that, as in 18 months. "It's my meniscus again. It's been torn for a year and a half now. I ain't dumb enough to fight this guy injured, especially after so much trash...
  10. Not So Fast, Kennedy & Villasenor Says No Offer
    It turns out a reportedly proposed fight between Strikeforce middleweights Tim Kennedy and Joey Villasenor hasn’t been proposed after all. MMAWeekly.com originally reported that sources indicated the...
  11. Trainer Talks Nick Diaz's Marijuana Use
    “People who don’t like Nick Diaz, that doesn’t make sense to me because here’s a guy who has never put a syringe in his (expletive) in his life. He’s a clean fighter. That’s the way it is,” said...
  12. Anthony Perosh: 'I'm going to try and take Cro Cop down and choke him out'
    I actually said ‘no’ (to replacing Ben Rothwell) originally. I look up to Cro Cop and he’s a fellow Croatian. My parents are Croatian and I’ve actually been training the other Croatians appearing on...
  13. Report: Cro Cop Cut In Sparring, 110 Fight Still On
    It keeps getting weirder in Australia. Just 24 hours after learning that his kickboxer opponent Ben Rothwell is out ot UFC 110 and will be replaced by a ground fighter, Mirko Cro Cop has reportedly...
  14. Heath Herring clarifies recent UFC criticism, says non-fight ventures simply more lucrative
    “I think the whole five Ferrari comment is that at this point in my career, I’m actually making less money than when I was younger and I was 23 years old,” Herring told MMAjunkie.com. “Like I said,...
  15. UFC 116 Possibly July 3, Could Mark Lesnar Return
    For the Independence Day weekend this year, UFC returns to the mothership-Las Vegas-for what could be another big holiday weekend event. The NSAC has received a request from UFC for a July 3 event...
  16. Strikeforce Challengers VI weigh-ins open to public in San Jose on Feb. 25
    The next installment of Strikeforce's Showtime-televised "Challengers" series takes place next week, and fans are invited to the official fighter weigh-ins."Strikeforce Challengers VI: Prangley vs....
  17. "Super Hulk" champ Ikuhisa Minowa receives belt, added to DREAM.13 in March
    The unlikely winner of DREAM's 2009 "Super Hulk" open-weight tournament, Ikuhisa Minowa (44-30-8), will return to action at the upcoming DREAM.13 event in March.DREAM officials recently announced the...
  18. Zuffa brings legal action against dot-com that streams unlicensed feeds of UFC programming
    After UFC President Dana White vowed to make life miserable for the chiselers who stream illegal feeds of live UFC programming, the Las Vegas Sun reports that the Zuffa legal team may have bagged...
  19. Shamar Bailey replaces injured Bryan Travers on Strikeforce Challengers VII main card
    Shamar Bailey (10-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) has replaced an injured Bryan Travers (13-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) and meets Justin Wilcox (8-3 MMA, 2-1 SF) on the main card of next month's Strikeforce Challengers VII event,...
  20. Team Grindhouse's Eric Marriott completes Bellator's season-two 145-pound tourney
    Former Midwest Cage Championship featherweight champion Eric Marriott (17-2) is the eighth and final fighter to join Bellator Fighting Championships' season-two featherweight tournament.MMAjunkie.com...
  21. Staph infection sends injured Benji Radach back under the knife
    Stop me if you've heard this before.... Benji Radach has endured a setback to his career due to injury.A victim of an endless laundry list of physical ailments - broken jaw, herniated disc, torn knee...
  22. Jens Pulver: 'The athlete in me ain't ready to die yet'
    "I was very close. I was done. I just didn't make the announcement. I told Dana and everybody that it was over. The name Jens Pulver was done.... That's the mortality I was talking about after the...
  23. After Latest Action, UFC Hopeful For "Decided Downturn" In Illegal PPV Streaming
    Lawyers representing the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Thursday filed a lawsuit against the owner of a Web site whom they allege sells pirated UFC content. The U.S. District Court suit says...
  24. Rumors of Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar in the UFC Swirl as Strikeforce Fails to Control the Narrative
    LINK
  25. Rick Hawn meets Braulio Estima in catchweight contest at Shine Fights III
    Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace Braulio Estima (0-0), the 2009 Abu Dhabi Combat Club 88-kilogram and Absolute division champion, is likely to make his mixed martial arts debut at Shine Fights III against...
  26. Win or lose at UFC 110, Stephan Bonnar's future appears secure
    Despite his big fan following and the role he played in a vital 2005 fight with Forrest Griffin that brought mixed martial arts – and particularly the Ultimate Fighting Championship – into the...
  27. Poll results: Which UFC heavyweight is most likely to beat champ Brock Lesnar?
    Which of the following UFC heavyweight contenders has the best chance to beat champion Brock Lesnar? 28% - Shane Carwin 25% - Frank Mir 18% - Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 18% - Junior Dos Santos 11% -...
  28. Villante & LaFlare Win At Ring Of Combat
    Atlantic City, NJ — It was a good night if you were from the Bellmore Kickboxing Academy in Bellmore, New York. First, Ryan LaFlare was able to remain undefeated after knocking out Kurt Pellegrino...
  29. Strikeforce Challengers: Shamar Bailey vs Justin Wilcox announced with Bryan Travers hurt
    NEW YORK – A winner of four in a row, Shamar Bailey (10-1), of Chicago, will face Justin "The Silverback’’ Wilcox (8-3), of San Jose, Calif., on a stacked STRIKEFORCE Challengers mixed martial arts...
  30. UFC Quick Quote: Frank Mir wants to kill Brock Lesnar inside the Octagon
    "I want to fight Brock Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person. I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies to Octagon-related injuries." Link
  31. Thales Leites replaces Filho against Sasaki
    Former UFC ttile contender, Thales Leites, who recently debuted at MFC with a unanimous decision victory over Dean Lister, replaces Paulo Filho at Bitetti Combat’s next edition, scheduled to February...
  32. George Roop tapped as late replacement, faces Leonard Garcia at WEC 47
    Many were shocked when "The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member George Roop (10-6 MMA, 0-1 WEC) made the drop from lightweight to bantamweight while skipping over the featherweight division.Now it...
  33. Bisping Credits Rampage For Major Insight
    "It really says a lot about the guy, he's been busy filming the A-Team movie, and he's just finished that and he's come out here. I really do owe that guy a beer shall we say," Bisping said about...
  34. Bader Ready To Let Loose On Jardine
    Keeping the momentum going, undefeated light heavyweight prospect Ryan Bader will return for his fourth UFC appearance when he steps in the Octagon at UFC 110 in Sydney, Australia. Link
  35. UFC 110: Rodrigo Nogueira will use jiu-jitsu and quick hands to stop Cain Velasquez
    "I’m ready for all situations. When you face a good opponent who fights standing and on the mat you must be ready for everything. He’s a very good wrestler besides having an excellent conditioning....
  36. Shane Carwin: Whatever Frank Mir says about me is likely justified
    "It won't affect me at all. I really do not pay a lot of attention to smack talk. Whatever my opponent needs to do to get themselves ready to fight me is fine. At the end of the night the better...
  37. UFC Files Lawsuit Against Rampage Jackson
    Seemingly slipping past everyone’s notice, on November 3, 2009, the UFC filed a lawsuit against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson seeking declaratory relief on Jackson’s contract in a Las Vegas courtroom....
  38. "Annoyed" Michael Bisping believes he won fight at UFC 110, eyes future rematch
    To borrow a line from Georges St-Pierre, Michael Bisping (18-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) was not impressed by his opponent's performance at UFC 110. link
    Pages: 2
  39. Cro Cop believes he is still among UFC elite, likely to face Rothwell next
    While it certainly wasn't quite vintage "Cro Cop" at UFC 110, Mirko Filipovic's second-round TKO over late-replacement Anthony Perosh (10-6 MMA, 0-3 UFC) did get the Croatian back in the win column....
  40. UFC 110's reported attendance qualifies as highest ever for UFC outside North America
    While the UFC's first-ever trip to Australia certainly delivered on in-cage action, "UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez" didn't do too bad at the box office, either. At the UFC 110 post-event press...
  41. UFC 110 Bonuses: Sotiropolous, Stevenson, Velasquez and Lytle earn $50K awards
    George Sotiropoulos, Joe Stevenson, Cain Velasquez and Chris Lytle each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Saturday's "UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez" event. Sotiropoulos and Stevenson took home...
  42. Dana White says title talk premature, but George Sotiropolous "in the mix"
    It was, perhaps, to be expected. After native son George Sotiropoulos (12-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) turned in the fight of his life against the highly respected Joe Stevenson (31-11 MMA, 8-5 UFC) at UFC 110 in...
  43. White: By beating "best heavyweight of all time" Velasquez title fight standby
    With a dominating victory over what he called "probably the best heavyweight of all time," UFC president Dana White has reiterated an earlier promise and said UFC 110 main-event winner Cain Velasquez...
  44. Wanderlei, Akiyama Want to Meet
    “Akiyama wants to fight Wanderlei very bad,” said White. “It’s a big fight that he wants. We offered him another fight and he said he wants Wanderlei.” White said he’d wait for the battling Brazilian...
  45. Melbourne Likely Next Stop For UFC In Australia
    “If you’ve ever known how we do it, when we come in and we’re as successful as we were in this market, we make it an annual event, so we’ll be coming back here obviously,” UFC president Dana White to...
  46. Hero Of The Day, Sotiropoulos Happy To Be In Mix
    For George Sotiropoulos it brought out the best fighter he's ever been in the UFC. He dominated former top ranked lightweight contender Joe Stevenson en route to a three-round decision in his home...
  47. UFC 110: The quiet ascension of Ryan Bader
    "Keith Jardine was a step up in competition, a welcomed one," said the still-perfect Bader. "Coming off 'The Ultimate Fighter' and winning that, I just thought I was starting over at the bottom and...
  48. Cain Velasquez looks forward to 'bigger' things after stopping Minotauro Nogueira at UFC 110
    "I knew it was going to happen, all that hard work, this is where I want to be. I want to be the best, fight the best and hold that title one day. That's the whole reason I got into this sport. A lot...
  49. Lawson vs. Phillips headlines Feb. 26 Strikeforce Challengers VI preliminary card
    Although heavy on amateurs bouts, the un-aired portion of the Feb. 26 show features a solid middleweight pro bout between Eric Lawson (9-2 MMA, 5-0 SF) and Wayne Phillips (3-3 MMA, 0-0 SF),...
  50. Volkmann To LW, Faces Torres At UFN 21
    Although no official announcement has been made by UFC, Jakob Volkmann announced over the weekend that he is dropping from Welterweight to Lightweight and will face Ronys Torres at UFC Fight Night 21...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548