MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Din Thomas Plans MMA Welcome For Mayorga
    Former UFC lightweight contender Din Thomas has been on a roll. Since bidding farewell to the UFC and the 155-pound class in early 2008, the American Top Team product has gone 3-0 as a featherweight,...
  2. Phil Davis makes quick return, meets Alexander Gustafsson on UFC 112 prelims
    Despite some concerns about his availability due to a possible shoulder injury, Phil Davis (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) apparently received encouraging MRI results and has agreed to fight fellow light...
  3. Thiago Alves done with drama, ready to knock out Jon Fitch at UFC 111
    Alves (16-6 MMA, 9-3 UFC), who attempts to avenge a 2006 loss to Fitch (21-3 MMA, 11-1 UFC) next month at UFC 111, had a good chat with mom in Fortaleza, Brazil, after welterweight champion Georges...
  4. WEC 47 weigh-ins to coincide with Arnold Sports Festival on March 6
    To tap into the thousands of sports fans already in town, World Extreme Cagefighting officials have opted to hold weigh-ins for next month's WEC 47 event in conjunction with the Arnold Sports...
  5. Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox in the works for UFC 115 in Vancouver
    A welterweight matchup between Mike Pyle (19-6-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Jesse Lennox (11-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will take place in June at UFC 115. Link
  6. Ken Shamrock On His Dad, Career, And UFC Fray
    When not in training, Shamrock stays busy with his family, making personal appearances, and the new Lion’s Den facility in Reno, Nev. And yet, he’s only scratching the surface of his continued drive...
  7. Guns Blazing: MMAmania UFC 110 interview exclusive with Chris 'Lights Out' Lytle
    Mixed martial arts veteran Chris Lytle will step back inside the Octagon on February 21 on the undercard of UFC 110 with another slugfest in mind. Sydney, Australia will be the backdrop for what will...
  8. Although focused on 135-pound title, Strikeforce's Sarah Kaufman open to 145 pounds
    In a perfect world, Kaufman will defeat the Japanese fighter at the organization's sixth Challengers event, extend her perfect record to 11-0, claim Strikeforce's first-ever women's bantamweight...
  9. TUF 11 Exclusive: Nick Ring part of The Ultimate Fighter Season 11
    5ozofpain Ring is an Intercontinental Muay Thai champion, as well as being one of only four finalists during the PRIDE FC United States tryouts that were held several years ago. Nick currently holds...
  10. Dana White interview: In the UFC, Herschel Walker would die
    You know what makes me crazy is the media attention it got. ESPN will cover Herschel Walker fighting when you got guys like George St. Pierre, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, and B.J. Penn....
  11. Akiyama Wants Silva In Japan But May Get Him In Vancouver
    Yoshihiro Akiyama was supposed to return to UFC this weekend and face Wanderlei Silva in Australia, but he was left out when UFC chose Michael Bisping to face Silva instead. But according to sources...
  12. Daley vs. Koscheck, Credeur vs. Lawlor official for UFC 113 in Montreal
    "UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun II" continues to take shape, and two more bouts were today made official for the UFC's third trip to Montreal in three years.Paul Daley (23-8-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) vs. Josh...
  13. Bisping Says Silva Has Plenty To Worry About
    "I think in terms of an opponent, I do see a lot of similarities," Bisping told MMAWeekly Radio about Silva and Leben. "I'm sure there's going to be a lot of haters out there on the Internet laughing...
  14. Grove vs. Munoz, Osipczak vs. Story added to UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi
    Today, the UFC added two more bouts to the "UFC 112: Invincible" card, as Kendall Grove (11-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) takes on Mark Munoz (7-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC), while Nick Osipczak (5-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) meets Rick...
  15. UFC 110: Do you know who George Sotiropoulos is? He's a serious threat...
    "I see this as a step up and I do see the difference between fighting on the undercard and the main card. I'm getting more exposure, and I can see that makes a huge difference. I haven't been...
  16. UFC Quick Quote: Stephan Bonnar ready to 'fight his a** off' on Feb. 21
    "He’s a well-rounded veteran with a lot of experience. He’s a strong guy. I’ve got some stuff planned for him. I’ve got to do certain things when the time’s right and fight smart. It’s just as...
  17. Sengoku 12: Maximo Blanco vs 'Armbar Kim' confirmed for March 7
    Lightweight King of Pancrase and former freestyle wrestling standout, Maximo "Maxi" Blanco (4-2-1) has been confirmed to square off with Korean submission artist, Chang Hyun Kim (15-5) at Sengoku 12...
  18. For Renzo Gracie, "middle-age crisis" includes defending family's honor
    At 42 years old, it's been more than two years since MMA pioneer Renzo Gracie (13-6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has set foot in a cage.But this April, Gracie will debut for the UFC on the main card of "UFC 112:...
  19. Bitetti Combat 6: Paulo Filho vs Yuki Sasaki booked for Feb. 25
    The Bitetti Combat 6 fight card continues to take shape with former WEC Middleweight Champion Paulo Filho (19-1) agreeing to meet Japanese stalwart Yuki Sasaki (22-16-1) on Feb. 25 in Brazil...
  20. New York Secretary of State Favors Regulating MMA
    We should not minimize the economic impact of MMA matches, especially on the cities that host these events. At a 2007 MMA match in Columbus, Ohio, some 40 percent of attendees came from outside of...
  21. UFC 109 Draws 10,753 For $2.27 Million Gate
    The NSAC has released the official attendance and live gate totals from UFC 109. UFC originally claimed 10,687 fans for a live gate of $2.27 million, they actually drew 10,753-7432 paid, 3321 comps,...
  22. Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez meets Josh Neer in May "Super Fight" at 160 pounds
    Bellator Fighting Championships lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez (19-2 MMA, 3-0 BFC) returns to action for the first time since an October win under the DREAM banner when he meets 10-time UFC...
  23. Who Wants to Be a Bellator Ring Girl?
    In a move that is just begging for their email inboxes to be filled with alarming nude photos (take it from someone who worked for an MMA org conducting a ring girl search, it happens more than you’d...
  24. Quote of the Day: Alistair Overeem - "I Will Definitely Fight Fedor This Year"
    "I will definitely fight Fedor this year. There's no doubt about it, unless he says no. I don't believe he will, but I’m a little worried about his managers. I'm sure he wants to fight, but I’m not...
  25. Will UFC 110 Be the Last Hurrah for Mirko Cro Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Keith Jardine or Stephan Bonnar?
    At UFC 110, four ... fighters could find themselves on the outside looking in. No longer relevent in a sport that changes and evolves like the wind, and yesterday's hero's turn into shells of their...
  26. Eddie Alvarez to appear in EA Sports MMA video game!
    I was listening to this interview today and right at the end when Eddie is giving his shoutouts he confirms he will be in the EA game! Yet another reason to buy both games :)! The Link
  27. Ohio commission turns down Sims vs. Sylvia at "Adrenaline MMA IV" (Updated)
    mmajunkie "The commission felt the fight was not going to be competitive at this time after comparing [Sims' and Sylvia's] records and the opponents both fighters had faced," Profato stated in an...
  28. With just five fights in his MMA career, Chad Mendes believes he's ready for WEC debut
    Talk to anyone that knows featherweight Chad Mendes (5-0 MMA, 0-0 WEC), and they'll tell you that the 24-year-old Team Alpha Male fighter has great potential in the sport of MMA.But for Mendes, now...
  29. Benavidez sees Torres in a familiar position, looks to surprise at WEC 47
    Joseph Benavidez (11-1 MMA, 3-1 WEC) knows exactly how Miguel Torres (37-2 MMA, 5-1 WEC) feels.As the two prepare to meet on the main card of "WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz," Torres looks to recover from...
  30. Shonie Carter Picks Up A Win At CFX Fight Night
    -Nate Schut def. Derrick Abrahms – Submission (Strikes) 1:43 Rd 1 -Chaz Haag def. Andy “The Bandit” Selvig – Submission (Strikes) 1:44 Rd 1 -Shonie “Mr. International” Carter def. Derek Smith –...
  31. Josh Barnett: Stop the BS and come correct if you want to see me fight
    "My issue is only with California. I can fight anywhere in the world and any state in the Union ... as soon as any promotion out there stops bullshittin' and comes correct, that's all. Now if they...
  32. Tim Sylvia: I can't fight Wes Sims at Adrenaline MMA because the commission said 'he sucks'
    The former UFC Heavyweight Champion tweeted the update earlier this morning. "Damm u guys know more about me then I do they said he sucks. So I can't fight him cause it's a mismatch." Ohio Athletic...
  33. Exclusive: Claude Patrick on his way to the UFC, likely for UFC 115
    The UFC is in the process of securing one of the fastest rising prospects in Canada as FiveOuncesofPain.com has recently been able to discover that Claude Patrick is in negotiations to become the...
  34. UFC 110 Preview: Aussie Pioneers Chris Haseman, Elvis Sinosic Headline Preliminary Action
    The UFC will tread into new waters on Saturday as the promotion will head to Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia for UFC 110. This will be the UFC's first foray "down under", and the card will feature a...
  35. Velasquez Eyes Nog In Midst Of Heavy Landscape
    Cain Velasquez (7-0) has been flawless since making the transition from a two-time collegiate All-American wrestler at Arizona State to a top contender in the Ultimate Fighting Championship...
  36. WEC 47's Jens Pulver has a secret weapon for Javier Vazquez: a gameplan
    The UFC's first-ever lightweight champion, current WEC featherweight Jens Pulver (22-12-1 MMA, 1-4 WEC) has never felt better.While that might be difficult to believe when it relates to a 35-year-old...
  37. Joe "Rocky" Stevenson looks to turn heads, sway crowd at UFC 110
    While UFC lightweight Joe Stevenson (31-10 MMA, 8-4 UFC) has generally proved to be a pretty likable guy during his four-plus years in the UFC, "Daddy" doesn't expect to get much love at this...
  38. MMA in Ontario? Not so fast...
    "It's just not a priority for us at this point in time, we have higher priorities when it comes to developing those jobs and strengthening the economy. We have other things on the go right now, and...
  39. Paul Daley - GSP will Lose & Koscheck will get KTFO
    Paul Daley “Semtex Ready to Explode on Koscheck” PDG: Obviously fighters like to hype fights; here what Josh had to say in recent interview: "I plan on rearranging them teeth in his mouth. He already...
  40. Mousasi Not A Fan Of Lawal's Crown
    That makes two of us. Responding to recent comments from Muhammad Lawal, Gegard Mousasi says a fight between the two-possibly as soon as April-will happen in due time, and he'll sign the fight-just...
  41. Zuffa, LLC awarded legal victory over UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock
    MMA pioneer Ken Shamrock has suffered another loss. While the UFC Hall-of-Famer has found it difficult to pick up a victory in the cage over the past few years, today "The World's Most Dangerous Man"...
  42. Longtime veteran Dennis Hallman back to lightweight after nine years as welterweight
    Five-time UFC veteran Dennis "Superman" Hallman (41-13-2 MMA, 1-4 UFC) will return to the lightweight division for the first time in nine years and plans to fight in late spring or early summer. The...
  43. 'Cyborg’ wants to fight as soon as possible
    After the first title defense in the Strikeforce, Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos is crazy to be back to the octagon. Without the official confirmation of her next opponent, the Brazilian wants to fight as...
  44. Nogueira: “The fans can expect two wins”
    When Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira and Wanderlei Silva steps up in the ring in the same night, you can expect the same result. After more than 10 years of career, both fought 12 times in the tame...
  45. UFC issues response to Ontario premier's comments
    Amid a pre-fight public-relations blitz for Saturday's UFC 110 event in Sydney, Australia, the promotion on Wednesday evening issued a swift response to recent comments by Ontario Premier Dalton...
  46. Never knocked out or submitted, UFC 110's Chris Lytle knows he's playing with fire
    Lytle long has been one of the welterweight division's most exciting fighters; he's won six of the UFC's lucrative fight-night bonuses in his past nine fights, and as he heads into Saturday's UFC 110...
  47. Desert Brawl's JT Taylor Wants Final Run
    Having made waves in Oregon for his long standing rivalry with Team Quest leader Matt Lindland, Taylor recently returned to fighting after a five-year absence, intent on making one last run in the...
  48. Michael Bisping has a message for whiny Yanks: Stop crying and 'get over it'
    "I always hear the same comments all the time, ‘He is an arrogant so and so’, the truth is I’m not, I think I’m very humble and I’ve got a long way to go.’ I train very hard, I do my best and I’m...
  49. Report: Injury forces Diego Nunes to withdraw from WEC 47 on March 6 in Columbus
    World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) may be scrambling to find a new opponent to face off against Leonard Garcia at their upcoming Columbus event on March 6 after an injured Diego Nunes was forced to...
  50. IFL vet and NCAA champ Shad Lierley takes slot No. 7 in Bellator's 145-pound tourney
    Seven of the eight slots in Bellator Fighting Championship's season-two eight-man featherweight tournament are now filled with the organization's signing of former IFL fighter and NCAA Division III...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566