MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Quick Quote: Wanderlei Silva feels 'fast' at 185-pounds
    "I feel so great. I feel fast. My timing is better. I think I’m going to have a great performance in the division. The surgery I make because I broke my nose a lot of times before. I reconstruct my...
  2. Gerald Harris Draws Mario Miranda On Mar 31 UFC
    Following a "Knockout of the Night" performance in his return to the UFC, Gerald Harris will return to at Fight Night on March 31 facing another UFC newcomer in undefeated prospect, Mario Miranda, on...
  3. Wanderlei To Train With Anderson At UFC 110
    There is no doubt that Brazilian fighters are a proud people, and when rivalries rise up sometimes there's not much anybody can do to put out the fire. One rivalry that came and went recently was...
  4. Joe Stevenson doesn't want to train with BJ Penn ...
    UFC lightweight Joe Stevenson (via Fighter's Only) passes on the opportunity to train with current division champion BJ Penn heading into his UFC 110 fight against George Sotiropoulos on Feb. 21...
  5. Chuck Liddell: This year the TUF guys want to be fighters, not TV stars
    We've got some good guys like usual, but this season there are some that I just know are going to be really good. The thing that reminds me of that first season is we've got so many guys who you can...
  6. What Does Gegard Mousasi Leaving M-1 Global Mean for Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce?
    For me personally, Mousasi's break with M-1 Global raises the hope that Fedor Emelianenko himself will reconsider his relationships with them at the end of his current two fight deal with...
  7. John Gunderson vs. Paul Taylor official for UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi
    The UFC officially announced that John Gunderson (22-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) meets Paul Taylor (10-5-1 MMA, 3-4 UFC) at UFC 112 in a bout that was originally reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com)....
  8. Jake Ellenberger official for UFC 111, faces Ben Saunders on main card
    Today, the UFC made the change, which was first reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), official, and Ellenberger's bout with Ben Saunders (8-1-2 MMA, 4-1 UFC) will remain on the evening's...
  9. Charlie Brenneman vs. Jason High official for UFC Fight Night 21 in North Carolina
    The recently reported meeting between UFC newcomers Charlie Brenneman (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Jason High (9-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is now official, and the two welterweight prospects will meet on the...
  10. Shamrock vs. Shamrock? Ken says he's still willing, but Petruzelli first on list
    The fighting Lauzon brothers recently changed their stance on a future in-cage matchup, but don't count UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock (27-13-2) out of a potential fight with sibling Frank Shamrock...
  11. Power Ranger Past, Jason Frank Up For Next Fight
    "He came in talking trash and stuff and we kind of got into a shoving match," Frank told MMAWeekly.com in an exclusive interview. "We took it out in the ring, kind of fell out of my game plan to be...
  12. Vitor Belfort: 'I think I did the right thing'
    "You can’t describe something indescribable. Everyone is upset but I think they understand the situation. It’s part of the life and I will come back stronger after this. This situation gives me more...
  13. Bloody Elbow Confirms Strikeforce Is Not Meeting With Jose Canseco
    "We are not meeting with Jose and he will not be fighting Herschel Walker." Link
  14. Will Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic Prove His Decline Is Overstated?
    "Hyppolite was in Zagreb for one week and two weeks I was with him in Amsterdam. It took me all this time to realise that it is impossible to prepare properly without a real good camp and...
  15. Hello, Japan: Zombie Sengoku Lurches Onward; Major Upset Atop the Women's MMA Heap
    Sengoku Raiden Championship -- "now under new management" -- is slowly piecing together its March 7th return show, to be held at the Ryogoku Kokugikan sumo hall. Most promising of the three fights...
  16. Escudero Cleared, Faces Lauzon At UFC 114
    Sources close to the fight confirmed the bout with MMAWeekly.com on Friday. Originally, the bout was still only a rumor due to a pending MRI on Escudero's arm following his fight against Evan Dunham...
  17. Justine Buchholz Latest Fighter Release From UFC
    Team Alpha Male fighter, Justin Buchholz, is the latest casualty of the UFC 109 fighter cuts as the Alaska native has been released from his contract following a loss to Mac Danzig last weekend. Link
  18. Tamdan McCrory eyes summer return, ready to "knock someone's head off"
    It's taken Tamdan McCrory (11-3) just about five months to go from from "Barncat" to "Barnlion." McCrory recently spoke with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), and the former UFC welterweight...
  19. Gracie: Canseco and Strikeforce CEO Coker meet to discuss potential MMA future
    Link Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker and Canseco gathered today in a San Jose, Calif.-area restaurant along with esteemed trainer Cesar Gracie to discuss the possibility of the former baseball star...
  20. It Won't Be Chael Sonnen Fighting Anderson Silva in Abu Dhabi
    The great mystery as to who will step up and challenge for Anderson Silva's middleweight title at UFC 112 on April 10 is looking like it will be solved by process of elimination. Chael Sonnen, who...
  21. Anderson Silva to Defend Title Against Demian Maia at UFC 112
    The mystery is over... Maia will get the next shot LINK
    Pages: 2
  22. Ross Pearson vs Denis Siver at UFN 21
    fighters only British lightweight Ross Pearson has confirmed that he will be fighting Denis Siver at UFC Fight Night 21 on March 31st. The fight was first reported by Fighters Only on January 21st...
  23. Demian vs. Anderson: “I still can’t believe it”
    “I still don’t know where I’ll train, but I’ll go train Boxing with (Luis Carlos) Dorea for sure. My physical preparation wlll be with (Rafael) Alejarra”, Demian revealed, confirmed the training with...
  24. Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares in the works for UFC 114 in May
    Slugger Melvin Guillard's (23-8-2 MMA, 6-4 UFC) tour of the UFC lightweight division's best submission fighters isn't over just yet.MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to...
  25. French striker Cyrille Diabate signs UFC deal, meets Luiz Cane at UFC 114
    PRIDE, Cage Rage and ShoXC veteran Cyrille "The Snake" Diabate (15-6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has signed a four-fight deal with the UFC and is expected to meet Luiz Cane (10-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at UFC 114 in May....
  26. UFC adds four bouts to UFC 113; Stephens vs. Stout, Belcher vs. Cote on main card
    In addition to the previously announced main event of light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida in a rematch with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, the organization today confirmed a pair of main-card contests in...
  27. Bellator Fighting Championships announces Canadian broadcast deal, signs Sean Pierson
    Bellator Fighting Championships CEO and founder Bjorn Rebney today announced that Canadian broadcaster The Score Television Network will air the upcoming seasons two and three of Bellator's...
  28. MMA Regulation Heads Towards Reality In Alabama
    Are you paying attention New York? Just one week after Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle signed mixed martial arts regulation into law, the vice chair of the Alabama Boxing Commission, Casey Sears, told...
  29. StrikeForce Weighs In On Shields As TUF 11 Coach
    "Jake is always looking for more exposure, and try to increase his brand as an individual," Coker told MMAWeekly Radio recently. "When I heard about it, it was like when Robbie Lawler was doing The...
  30. Franklin Possible; Couture Up For Lesnar Rematch
    Following his UFC 109 win over Mark Coleman, UFC president Dana White said Randy Couture was a contender in the UFC light heavyweight division, but the former two-time UFC light heavyweight...
  31. UFC 112: DaMarques Johnson vs Brad Blackburn on tap for April 10
    Up-and-coming welterweights DaMarques Johnson (10-7) and Brad Blackburn (15-10-1) have verbally agreed to fight at UFC 112 from the Concert Arena, Ferrari World, Yas Island on April 10 in Abu Dhabi,...
  32. Alistair Overeem scheduled to face Sasa Milanovic at Glory 12 in Sarajevo
    AWOL Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem continues his overseas exploits as "Demolition Man" will likely face Sasa Milanovic at Glory 12 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina on April 24...
  33. Soares says delaying fight was never an option, but light heavyweight was
    link Never one to refrain from speaking his mind when asked to give his opinion, MMA manger Ed Soares has been frequently criticized as of late for trying to manipulate the UFC's matchmaking process...
  34. Anthony “Rumble” Johnson forced to pull out of March 21 bout with John Howard
    link Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (8-3) has had to pull out of his highly anticipated March 21 “UFC on Versus” bout with John “Doomsday” Howard (13-4) due to a knee injury. Pro MMA Now...
  35. NCAA Champion Eric Larkin Moves To MMA
    link 2003 NCAA Division 1 National Champion, Eric Larkin, will be making the move from wrestling to mixed martial arts in 2010, and has signed on with a manager while training for his debut fight. A...
  36. UFC Quick Quote: Dan Hardy is exactly where he wants to be
    link "Being the underdog in this fight is exactly the position I want. I wouldn't have it any other way. When you step into a fight as a favourite, it takes some of the excitement and drama away...
  37. Demian Maia: This is a dream fight and I will be ready for it
    LINK "I knew about it last night. I still can't believe it. My manager called me and they asked if I wanted to fight for the belt. I said ‘of course, you don't even have to ask it'.... I'll have...
  38. Spike's "UFC Prelim" broadcast returns for "UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy" in March
    link While Spike TV will not be broadcasting any preliminary bouts from the upcoming UFC 110 event in Australia, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the fight...
  39. - NOG HAS HIS EYE ON VELASQUEZ, NOT TITLE SHOT YET
    link Being a multi-time champion in Pride and the UFC isn't enough for Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. The Brazilian fighter is ready to gear up for another run at the heavyweight crown, and the next step...
  40. UFC Quick Quote: Heath Herring calls out Dana White and Zuffa for unfair treatment
    "I really don't care too much for them, and I don't think they care too much for me (Dana White and the UFC ownership group).... They've got their guys they want to push, guys they want to market....
  41. JOHNSON INJURED, DANIEL ROBERTS FACES DOOMSDAY INSTEAD
    A knee injury has forced Anthony "Rumble" Johnson off of the upcoming UFC on Versus card in March, and UFC newcomer Daniel Roberts has been tapped as a replacement to take on John "Doomsday" Howard...
  42. Reminder: "Countdown to UFC 110" preview show debuts Feb. 18 on Spike TV
    link The next installment of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's traditional pre-event preview show debuts Feb. 18 at 11 p.m. ET/PT with "Countdown to UFC 110." The Spike TV special spotlights "UFC...
  43. After leaving family to study jiu-jitsu, WEC's Jose Aldo returned home a champion
    link Jose Aldo (16-1 MMA, 6-0 WEC) is a mix of tradition and rebellion. The WEC featherweight champion's parents did not want him to move to Rio de Janeiro to learn fighting. They thought he was...
  44. Wanderlei Has Perfect Strategy For Bisping
    "I've studied his game, I know all movements, I'm ready for him," Silva said recently in an interview with MMAWeekly Radio. "I feel great. I feel my technique growing up; my cardio is amazing. I feel...
  45. Jardine Not Taking Bader Lightly At UFC 110
    “We’ll see where this fight is going to go. I think he’s going to try to stand with me honestly,” added the 34-year-old. “He might force it to the ground, and if he’s really after those takedowns...
  46. UCMMA To Implement Blood Testing In U.K.
    “As the U.K.’s biggest promotion, we are proud to lead the way in fighter safety. Fighters will have to produce their blood test results at the weigh-in, with test results being no older than one...
  47. UFC strikes licensing deal with Fathead, lifesize UFC posters to be released
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship has struck a deal with Fathead and will produce a series of lifesize posters of UFC fighters, the companies today announced. Fathead, founded in 2005, produces more...
  48. Keith Jardine and Mirko Cro Cop Expecting Stand-up Battles
    "Ben Rothwell is a big guy, much bigger and taller than I am," Cro Cop said. "He is very tough as well. But I am ready. He is very good with ground and pound, but I am not worried about this. I am...
  49. After learning from others' mistakes, UFC 112's Frankie Edgar prepping for champ B.J. Penn
    "The fighter that I am will present a challenge for B.J.," Edgar recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I'm just a little bit different with the way I approach my stand-up and my wrestling...
  50. Quality of Competition at the Core of Debate Over Bobby Lashley's Next Fight
    The interesting questions revolve around why Lashley is suddenly wanting to springboard his career into an area in which he's likely not experienced enough to handle. Fedor Emelianenko is the top of...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575