MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Despite Loss, Nate Marquardt Will Be Back
    Many had Marquardt pegged as THE guy to knock Silva off his perch atop the middleweight division before he got derailed on Saturday night....
  2. Arona: “Wanderlei needs to change”
    While he’s recovering from a knee injury, Ricardo Arona keeps himself posted about everything that’s happening on the MMA rings. Talking to TATAME.com, the former Pride fighter talked about the next...
  3. Matt Major joins Bellator's eight-man season-two middleweight tourney
    Middleweight fighter and fashion designer Matt Major has signed a deal with Bellator Fighting Championships and will compete in the organization's season-two eight-man middleweight tournament.The...
  4. With Win Over Trigg, Matt Serra Staying At 170
    In an age of mixed martial arts when everyone seems to be experimenting with shifting weight classes, Matt Serra, fresh off a win over Frank Trigg at UFC 109, says he is happy staying put. Link
  5. Joe Lauzon becoming an athlete under the tutelage of BJ Penn and Marv Marinovich
    It’s been GREAT training. I have only been around for a couple weeks but I can see why BJ has looked so great in his last few fights. Marv and Gary Marinovich are on top of things here. On top of all...
  6. UFC Quick Quote: Goran Reljic is going to show the doctors they were wrong at UFC 110
    Doctors actually told me I'll never fight again, but I love to prove people wrong and now I'm back. I can't wait to step inside and fight again. I said to them, 'I'm going to show you who's not going...
  7. Sacramento Kings to host 'Urijah Faber Night' on Feb. 23
    The Sacramento Kings will pay tribute to former WEC Featherweight Champion and local fight favorite Urijah Faber with a special night planned in his honor on Feb. 23 when the Kings host the Detroit...
  8. Maia Knows The Title Will Be His One Day
    How a fighter reacts to a loss can sometimes define where he will go for the rest of his career. It seems it's even more amplified when a fighter is knocked out.That was the case for Demain Maia, who...
  9. Ricardo Almeida says Renzo Gracie could – and should – drop to 155 after UFC 112
    Renzo Gracie protégé Ricardo Almeida is as biased as can be when it comes to breaking down his teacher's upcoming fight with Matt Hughes at UFC 112.Almeida (11-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC), who makes his...
  10. Muay Thai trainer 'out of tune' with Anderson Silva; leaves 'Spider' camp
    "I thank Anderson for all the time we spent working together. He’s a champion, a born striker, but we won’t continue working together in this partnership due to lack of tune in some moments. I...
  11. Tom Lawlor vs. Tim Credeur Set for UFC 113
    Sources close to both camps have confirmed that a middleweight bout between Tom Lawlor and Tim Credeur has been agreed upon for May 8th, in Montreal, Canada. The event, UFC 113, is rumored to be...
  12. Martin Kampmann Off UFC 111
    Even a "Hitman" can't avoid the injury curse sometimes. Martin Kampmann is now off UFC 111 due to an undisclosed injury suffered in training. He was to have faced Ben Saunders. Jake Ellenberger is...
  13. Winner of Bisping-Wanderlei faces Akiyama
    fighter'sonlymag.com There had been some talk of Bisping putting himself into title contention should he take Wanderlei out in impressive fashion later this month. However, an industry source tells...
  14. Rolles Gracie's UFC Debut Was "Embarrassing"
    And according to cousin Renzo Gracie, it really wasn't due to training, injuries, etc. but actually nerves. Fact is the nerves drained him of his energy. His stand up and ground work looked bad,...
  15. Sengoku 12 Adds 3 Fights Today
    World Victory Road today announced 3 additional fights for it's Sengoku 12 (SRC 12) event on 3/7 at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo. Confirmed matchups include Akihiro Gono vs. Diego Gonzalez, Yoshihiro...
  16. ADCC champ Braulio Estima talks MMA debut, says Rolles Gracie was hurt at UFC 109
    The 29-year-old grappler, whose full name is Braulio de Oliveira Estima, long considered a move into fighting but finally signed a contract with the upsart Shine Fights organization after reaching...
  17. Fitch Doesn't Think Hardy Deserves Title Shot
    “Taking nothing away from Dan Hardy. He’s a great, young prospect,” said the 31-year-old Fitch. “He’s got a bright future ahead of him, but there are guys that have put in more work than him. That’s...
  18. AMA Fighter Charlie Brenneman Signs With UFC
    With the successful brother tandem of Jim and Dan Miller, the UFC has signed another talented fighter out of the AMA Fight Club. 11-1 welterweight standout Charlie Brenneman has signed with the...
  19. Michael Bisping: 'Rampage thinks I will beat Wanderlei easily'
    We have been discussing tactics for the fight, little tips and discussions about Wanderlei’s movement and shots, and Rampage thinks I will beat Wanderlei easily. He has inspired me and has kept...
  20. UFC Quick Quote: Krzysztof Soszynski preparing for a bloody war against Stephan Bonnar on Feb. 21
    I’m not expecting to go into this fight and win this fight in the first or second round. Most likely this is going to be a brutal fight, a lot of blood everywhere on both sides. I know he’s going to...
  21. WCF Announces Full Card For Next Show Feb. 26
    On Wednesday, World Championship Fighting announced the co-main event for their upcoming card set for Feb 26 in Wilmington, MA as undefeated former Olympian, Rick Hawn, takes on veteran fighter, Tom...
  22. It's A Family Affair For The Assuncao Brothers
    It's a family affair when it comes to the Assuncaos.That's what happened recently when former UFC fighter Junior Assuncao attended a show in Virginia titled "Respect is Earned" to corner younger...
  23. Liddell Now Represents Step Down, Vera Says
    The 40-year-old Liddell, projected to face arch nemesis Tito Ortiz for a third time at UFC 115 in June, has lost four of his last five fights. When asked on Friday whether or not “The Iceman” now...
  24. Exclusive: Mark Coleman cut from the UFC
    It looks like it’s the end of the road between Mark Coleman and the UFC, as FiveOuncesofPain.com has recently been able to confirm through sources close to the situation that the UFC Hall of Famer...
  25. Josh Koscheck Could Beat Tito Ortiz at 205
    When Tito Ortiz started yelling at Mark Coleman at UFC 109, many people thought that Ortiz should be picking a fight with somebody his own age. link
  26. UFC Cuts Tim Hague
    Close may count in horseshoes, but not in UFC. After his close majority decision loss to Chris Tuchscherer at UFC 109, Tim Hague has been cut by the promotion. He went 1-2 in UFC and leaves after the...
  27. Chael Sonnen Not Advertising His MMA Credentials in Oregon Statehouse Bid
    His website describes him as “a successful realtor and vice president of Caged Promotions, a sports and music production and promotion company,” and touts his wrestling credentials both at the...
  28. Swimming with the sharks, UFC 109 winner Rob Emerson ready for busy 2010
    Many young fighters with good camps and solid management teams often are forced to make a tough decision: Sign with a major organization such as the UFC and risk a quick release, or stay on the...
  29. Rampage On Rashad: "he got no chin. A big mouth, but no chin"
    Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson says time off from fighting in the Octagon will not be a factor when he finally steps in the cage to face his rival Rashad Evans in a light-heavyweight battle that has been...
  30. UFC Cuts Frank Trigg
    Triggonomics no longer has a place in UFC. The losing streak of death today claimed Frank Trigg, who confirmed he has been cut by the promotion. Trigg went 6-1 to earn his second shot in UFC after a...
  31. Kampman Cut, and off of 111
    LINK
  32. Brian Foster Talks UFC 110 & Childhood
    Brian Foster “Ready for Lytle and Australia” PDG: You had lost your debut with the UFC but most recently beat someone close to the top ten rankings. How do you feel so far with your experiences with...
  33. Pink Slip Day in the UFC: Coleman, Nover, & Hague Cut After Losses
    Phillipe Nover (0-3 in the UFC) lost a unanimous decision to Rob Emerson on the UFC 109 preliminary card, which, when added to his controversial TKO loss to Kyle Bradley and his totally legitimate...
  34. Antonio Banuelos inked to face Damacio Page at WEC 48 in April
    The WEC's first pay-per-view effort now has its first 135-pound match-up.Bantamweight fighters Antonio Banuelos (17-5 MMA, 8-4 WEC) and Damacio Page (15-4 MMA, 3-1 WEC) have signed to fight at "WEC...
  35. Jon Fitch's AKA teammate Cain Velasquez doesn't believe the guard is dead
    "I wouldn't say that because everybody has that chance to submit people, and this game has grown so big that (you have to be) good in every area of MMA," Velasquez told reporters during a media...
  36. Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim likely for UFC 114 in May
    The fight card for the Ultimate Fighting Championship's Memorial Day weekend event is quickly taking shape, and a new welterweight bout is in the works: "The Ultimate Fighter 7" winner Amir Sadollah...
  37. EA Sports fighter Ken Shamrock says rival videogame could turn industry "on its head"
    "EA Sports MMA," a soon-to-be-released rival title to the UFC and THQ's bestselling "UFC Undisputed" franchise, will be a phenomenal game that could revolutionize the MMA-videogame industry.That's...
  38. Courtney Buck Replaces Caraway On March 6 WEC Card
    A change has been made to the upcoming WEC card in Columbus, OH as Bryan Caraway has been forced off the show with a knee injury. Stepping in to replace him will be Courtney Buck who will now face...
  39. Vera Still Mad About Couture Decision
    "Hell no, (expletive) that decision man," Vera said. "I'm still mad about that decision." When the scorecards were read, Couture got the nod on a unanimous decision from the judges, but many felt...
  40. Evan Dunham, if you're listening, keep winning ...
    I performed like crap. He’s a good fighter. He came in and did what he had to do, but I went in there not thinking about the fight. I had a lot of other things on my mind so it kind of hurt me. There...
  41. History Proves Quality Performances Are Essential to Title Aspirations
    While the "what have you done for me lately" ideology that the UFC seems to be using to justify the title match-ups is evident, there are plenty of other factors. That concept also includes how...
  42. Josh Koscheck Is Being Photoshopped Into a Living Death
    Who knows what will happen when Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley mix it up at UFC 113 (May 8th, Montreal), but Semtex has scored a first-round KO in the battle of insulting pre-fight Photoshops. Peeved...
  43. Two-time UFC vet Ryan Thomas joins Bellator's season-two welterweight tourney
    A source close to the tournament on Thursday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Thomas has signed an exclusive deal to compete in the promotion's season-two tournament. Link
  44. Joey Beltran and Renzo Gracie Talk Rolles Gracie's Dismal Debut at UFC 109
    "It was embarrasing. I can tell you he wasn't in that bad of shape. Fact is the nerves drained him of his energy. His stand up and ground work looked bad, nothing at all like he was doing in training...
  45. Belfort possibly injured; title fight canceled?
    Jayme Sandall, Karate trained of the challenger, revealed to TATAME.com that Belfort had a shoulder injury, but he doesn’t know how bad it is. “He was training but not using the arm for a long time...
  46. Jason High signs four-fight deal with UFC, will meet Charlie Brenneman
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship has added to the already stacked welterweight division with the recent signing of Charlie Brenneman (10-1) and now the organization has signed Jason High (9-2)....
  47. Almeida: Before You Seek Revenge, Dig Two Graves
    “The knee is still not 100-percent and my grappling training is a little limited right now,” he admitted. “It has forced me to work a lot on my boxing and Muay Thai. I am having a great time with...
  48. Belfort Injured, Off 112
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-belfort021110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s plans for a spectacular debut in the Middle East took a hit on Thursday when an...
  49. UFC Cuts Rolles Gracie
    Say Goodnight, Gracie. It's one and done for the latest Gracie in UFC, as Heavyweight Rolles Gracie has been given his pink slip just 5 days after making his UFC debut. He was TKO'd by Joey Beltran...
  50. Gegard Mousasi severs ties with M-1 Global
    One of mixed martial arts most promising talents will no longer answer to the powers that be under the M-1 Global banner, as Gegard Mousasi announced the end of his business relationship with the...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541