MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. After first career loss, UFC 109's Demian Maia worked on stand up but expects to grapple
    As the old mixed-martial-arts saying goes, "No one stays unbeaten forever." But of course, no one likes to get beaten the way top UFC middleweight Demian Maia (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) was in his UFC 102...
  2. "EA Sports MMA" adds top Strikeforce prospect Tyron Woodley to videogame roster
    Fast-rising Strikeforce welterweight and former University of Missouri wrestler Tyron Woodley is the latest addition to the "EA Sports MMA" videogame roster. An EA Sports official today confirmed the...
  3. WEC vet Bryan Baker added to Bellator's second middleweight tourney
    With Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight champion Hector Lombard set to defend his belt in 2010, the upstart promotion today announced the second contender in season two's eight-man bracket....
  4. With refined mental approach, UFC 109's Melvin Guillard eyes fresh start
    Melvin Guillard (22-8-2 MMA, 5-4 UFC) would like to introduce himself to you. That may seem a little silly as he prepares to make his 10th appearance for the UFC, but Guillard insists "The Young...
  5. "EA Sports MMA" adds Strikeforce's Dan Henderson to videogame roster
    After failing to reach terms for a new deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship and recently signing with rival Strikeforce, Dan Henderson has also inked a deal with the UFC's rival videogame:...
  6. DANA WHITE: Nick Diaz needs to "play the game"...
    When Nick Diaz knocked out Marius Zaromskis last weekend the questions immediately started to come up about the welterweight's future and if a UFC return could ever happen. The Gracie trained fighter...
  7. Dana White talks about Liddell's alleged alcoholism
    At a media day to promote the upcoming season of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter,” former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Tito Ortiz alleged that his longtime rival and fellow former champion...
  8. Wisconsin Signs MMA Regulation Bill Into Law
    Wisconsin became the 43rd state to sanction mixed martial arts when Gov. Jim Doyle signed into law a bill to regulate the sport. The state's Department of Regulation and Licensing will govern the...
  9. UFC Undisputed Cover Shows Brock Lesnar Is Star of the Show
    He fought just once in 2009 and won't fight again until the summer, but there's no disputing that Brock Lesnar is the biggest star in the UFC. The latest piece of evidence: Lesnar has been chosen for...
  10. MRI Reveals No Tears To Efrain Escudero's Elbow; May 29 Bout Possible
    UFC lightweight prospect and season eight winner of The Ultimate Fighter Efrain Escudero received a positive prognosis from a recent MRI, and suffered no tearing in his right elbow as the result of...
  11. Coleman asks Marquardt to knockout Sonnen
    Chael Sonnen has talked a lot the last two weeks. He's had more than a few fighters in his verbal crosshairs. Strangely enough, his opponent Nate Marquardt hasn't been one of them. Maybe Sonnen felt...
  12. Thiago Silva hungry, return expected to July
    Forced to rest for two months, he wants to put the gloves on again. “I have four hernias, the doctors won’t let me to train ground, wrestling... Just physical therapy on the next six weeks”, Thiago...
  13. GForce: 'Bad Blood 3' fight results and recap
    In the night's main event, Bellator Middleweight Champion Hector Lombard put his 16-fight unbeaten streak on the line against Joey Gorczynski. The card's co-main event featured a lightweight battle...
  14. Dana White Reacts To Sonnen's Recent Rants
    "He said there’s no such thing as a game plan. Really? That’s interesting, how do you figure that? There’s all these guys that pretend to know what they’re doing; you don’t want any corner men? You...
  15. Coleman Is Fighting Couture With Respect
    Legends are a rare commodity in any sport. Even more rare is the chance to see two legends compete against each other at any given time. The NFL missed out on Peyton Manning vs. Brett Favre in the...
  16. Tuchscherer: What more could happen in the fight besides getting kicked in the groin?
    "When I first started training again, when we'd start sparring and stuff, I was like, 'Ooh,'" Tuchscherer recently admitted to MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Little inside kicks and...
  17. UFC 109 live weigh-in results
    mmajunkie MAIN CARD Mark Coleman (205) vs. Randy Couture (205) Nate Marquardt (186) vs. Chael Sonnen (185) Mike Swick (171) vs. Paulo Thiago (170) Demian Maia (186) vs. Dan Miller (185) Matt Serra...
  18. VFC 30 results for 'Night of Champions;' TUF alum Abe Wagner falls in eight seconds
    VFC 30: "Night of Champions" didn’t disappoint mixed martial arts (MMA) fans for the quality of fights, but the outcomes weren’t the best for the hometown favorites.There were three titles on the...
  19. Trigg Pulls Out All The Stops For UFC 109
    Frank Trigg has come full circle since his first tour of duty in the UFC over six years ago. The two-time welterweight title challenger returns Saturday night at UFC 109 in Las Vegas.After a...
  20. WEC 47 features five-fight main card; Pulver vs. Vazquez rounds out Versus broadcast
    While the organization's first venture into pay-per-view has been the main focus of this week's WEC-related news, the company is also in the final stages of preparing for a March 6 event in Columbus,...
  21. Swick Looks For Redemption Following Loss
    Living with regret is a tough place for any fighter to reside. Nobody understands that better than UFC welterweight Mike Swick, who steps in on short notice to face Paulo Thiago at UFC 109 to help...
  22. Shark Fights 8 results and quick recap: Josh Neer captures welterweight gold in Lubbock
    A sold out crowd of 5,000 MMA fans in Lubbock, Texas was treated with an exciting night of action courtesy of Shark Fights 8. Seven of the card's eight bouts ended via submission, KO, or TKO in the...
  23. UFC 109 bonuses: Sonnen, Marquardt, Thiago, and Serra earn $60K each
    LAS VEGAS – Chael Sonnen, Nate Marquardt, Paulo Thiago, and Matt Serra each earned $60,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC 109: Relentless" event.Sonnen and Marquardt...
  24. Dana White: "I think tonight was probably Coleman's last fight in the UFC"
    LAS VEGAS – "The Godfather of Ground and Pound" may have stepped into the octagon for his final time.Following Mark Coleman's second-round loss to fellow UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture in the main...
  25. UFC 109 winner Paulo Thiago plans to keep his day job in Brazil's special police
    But as stressful as that job might seem, and as quick as his rise up the UFC ranks has been, he's not going to give up one for the other."I'm going to keep going," Thiago told MMAjunkie.com...
  26. Couture Chokes Out Coleman In Legend's Match
    In a battle of legends, Randy Couture showed his new found life at 46-years of age, dominating Mark Coleman and finishing his fellow UFC Hall of Famer with a rear naked choke in the 2nd round of the...
  27. Danzig And Guillard Look Rejuvenated At UFC 109
    The UFC 109 prelims did not disappoint with Mac Danzig, who was seemingly fighting for his UFC career on Saturday night, and it paid off as he performed with a rejuvenated spirit, while Melvin...
  28. Serra KO's Trigg With Signature Right Hand
    Before the fight on Saturday night, Frank Trigg commented how Matt Serra catches everyone he fights with his big right hand. Despite the preparation, lighting struck once again as Serra clubbed Trigg...
  29. The Brazilians Come Out On Top: Thiago & Maia Win
    It was a good night for the Brazilians at UFC 109 as both Paulo Thiago and Demain Maia picked up wins in pivotal fights in the welterweight and middleweight divisions. Link
  30. Chael Sonnen Upsets Marquadt At UFC 109
    Marquardt was the favorite going in and widely considered the second ranked middleweight in the world, but Sonnen continued his winning streak by pulling the upset and gaining a title shot with his...
    Pages: 2
  31. Cesar Gracie: I could prepare Jose Canseco for Herschel Walker in three months
    When former baseball star and "Bash Brother" Jose Canseco called out Herschel Walker on his official Twitter account recently, fans and media dismissed it as a publicity stunt.But Canseco has at...
  32. UFC 109 Fighter Payouts
    The NSAC has revealed the official fighter payouts from last night's UFC 109. The total disclosed payouts were $944,000 with the biggest share-$250,000-going to Randy Couture. Article
  33. Willing to jump weight classes, WEC's Urijah Faber open to rematch with UFC's Tyson Griffin
    link LAS VEGAS – In Urijah Faber's dominant days as WEC featherweight champion, he always had a blemish on his perfect record. In September 2005, an unknown 21-year-old upstart named Tyson Griffin...
  34. Japanese star Hidehiko Yoshida announces final MMA bout set for April 25
    link Former PRIDE fighter and Japanese star Hidehiko Yoshida will fight for the final time on April 25. Yoshida, a 1992 Olympic gold medalist in judo who turned pro in MMA in 2002, will help...
  35. Middle East could be focus of first international edition of "The Ultimate Fighter"
    After recently confirming the possibility of the first-ever international edition of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter," UFC president Dana White said he now...
  36. Reis Back To Bellator, Wants To Face Soto Again
    Bellator Fighting Championships on Monday announced that 9-1 featherweight standout Wilson Reis will return for Bellator’s Season 2 featherweight tournament looking to avenge his Season 1 loss to...
  37. Condit Back Training, Excited To Fight Again
    Following back-to-back wars in his first two UFC fights, Carlos Condit was poised to make a big step forward when he was scheduled to face British knockout artist Paul Daley at UFC 108....
  38. Mina Defeats Amasinger To Retain British Title
    LONDON – Ultimate Challenge held it’s latest event at the Troxy. Alberto Mina retained his British welterweight title on Saturday with a victory over Dean Amasinger by way of rear naked choke midway...
  39. UFC Quick Quote: Wherever Cain Velasquez takes the fight, 'Minotauro' Nogueira will be ready
    I’m very excited for the fight. Wherever it goes, I’ll be ready. If he takes me down, we’re going for submissions. My jiu-jitsu will be 100 percent. King Mo is one the best wrestlers in America. We...
  40. Melvin Guillard gunning for title contention under Greg Jackson
    I was ecstatic to have my first win under Coach Jackson. Like I told everybody tonight, I started out 0-0, now I'm 1-0 under Team Jackson and right now my goal is to just work hard and try to move...
  41. Couture A Contender At Light Heavyweight
    “I personally think this guy is one of the best light heavyweights in the world. He’s in the mix,” UFC president Dana White told the media at the UFC 109 post-fight press conference. “He’s in the mix...
    Pages: 2
  42. UFC 109 Medical Suspensions
    The NSAC has posted the official UFC 109 results on it's website, which also reveal the medical suspensions coming out of the event. Article (PDF)
  43. Two More Bouts Added To March 7 Sengoku
    Two more big fights have been added to the upcoming Sengoku 12 card set for March 7 as Eiji Mitsuoka faces Leo Santos, while Kiuma Kunioku takes on Maximo Blanco on the same show. The bouts were...
  44. Jon Madsen vs. Mostapha Al Turk heavyweight fight signed for UFC 112
    After visa issues prevented UFC heavyweight and British fighter Mostapha Al Turk (6-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) from making a fight with Rolles Gracie this past weekend at UFC 109, the promotion has booked him...
  45. Ex-UFC fighter Jake Rosholt meets Rudy Lindsey at March 6 XFL event
    In his first fight since a surprising release from the Ultimate Fighter Championship, Jake Rosholt (6-2) takes on one-time Bellator Fighting Championships fighter Rudy Lindsey (11-9) at a March 6...
  46. MMA's big stage gave UFC 109 winner Joey "Mexicutioner" Beltran admitted jitters
    As this past Saturday's "UFC 109: Relentless" event kicked off with a trio of un-aired preliminary bouts, UFC newcomer Joey Beltran entered the octagon for the first time. His legs were sluggish, his...
  47. Ed Soares: Chael Sonnen should fight Demian Maia to determine number one contender
    "We've spoken with Chael on many occasions and have the utmost respect for him. He's never really come across in this manner, and it's obvious he's just drumming up hype in hopes to get a bout with...
  48. UFC 114: Ryan Jensen vs Jesse Forbes on tap for May 29
    A middleweight bout between Ryan Jensen (14-6) and Jesse Forbes (11-4) has been signed for UFC 114, which is scheduled to go down at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 29,...
  49. UFC Quick Quote: Joe Rogan has a meltdown during 'Ice-gate'
    "Oh we got a problem, somebody spilled ice all over the Octagon. That's a big problem, that's a lot of ice. This is gonna take some time. This is a disaster. Look at it, they knocked the bucket over....
  50. Chael Sonnen: Vitor Belfort is tougher fight than champ Anderson Silva
    West Linn, Ore.'s Chael Sonnen (24-10-1 MMA, 4-3 UFC) played the perfect politician on Saturday night. After dominating anointed contender Nate Marquardt at UFC 109 on Feb. 6, Sonnen talked up his...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580