MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. WEC Quick Quote: Jens Pulver can still compete if he stops being dumb
    "This fight is very important man. I can't lose 5 fights in a row, come on. It can't happen, so this fight means a lot man. I feel like I have been losing because I was dumb, you know what I'm...
  2. Fedor Emelianenko or Brock Lesnar: Who Is the More Powerful Brand?
    Businessweek's decision to rank Fedor Emelianenko ahead of Brock Lesnar in the power 100 ranking of athletes has spurred a lot of discussion. On its face, it's absurd. Both men compete in American...
  3. Strikeforce Challengers 7 Set For 3/26
    The main card appears set for the March 26 Strikeforce Challengers event following today's unveiling of five matchups. The event takes place at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif., and the night's...
  4. Pros Pick: Diaz vs. Zaromskis
    Link Michael Guymon: Diaz takes this one by annoying his opponent to death. Mike Ciesnolevicz: Nick Diaz always wins fights that I think he will lose. He has become one of the top guys in the game...
  5. Patrick Barry vs. Gilbert Yvel targeted for UFC 115 main card
    A slugfest of potentially epic proportions has been tapped for the UFC's first trip to British Columbia, Canada, as Gilbert Yvel (36-14-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is now expected to face Pat Barry (5-1 MMA, 2-1...
  6. Lavar Johnson cheats death to return to MMA at Strikeforce 'Challengers' on March 26 in Fresno
    NEW YORK (Jan. 28, 2010)-Six months ago, Lavar Johnson lay in a hospital bed, clinging to his life after he was gunned down while attending a family barbeque during the July 4 holiday.On Friday,...
  7. Randy Couture knows he has an advantage over Mark Coleman when it comes to conditioning
    He doesn't throw a lot of combinations, but he's a very powerful guy. If you stand around in front of him he's gonna try and hit you with some good hooks and overhand rights. He's gonna follow those...
  8. Former WWE star Bobby Lashley latest addition to "EA Sports MMA" roster
    Former WWE star and current Strikeforce heavyweight prospect Bobby Lashley (4-0 MMA, 0-0 SF) will appear in the forthcoming "EA Sports MMA" title.The latest addition to the video game's rapidly...
  9. Nick Diaz, Marius Zaromskis, Joe Riggs and Melvin Manhoef also in for "EA Sports MMA"
    Shortly after Bobby Lashley was announced on today's edition of ESPN.com's "MMA Live" as the latest addition to "EA Sports MMA," four more fighters involved in this weekend's "Strikeforce: Miami"...
  10. Source: Despite threats, no one yet fired from Brock Lesnar's camp
    A week after UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar blasted his team for talking out of turn, a source close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that everything is still business as...
  11. Tim Hague on Lesnar, Tuchscherer and Duffee
    http://www.mmacanada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=691&Itemid=1 Joe Ferraro (Sportsnet.ca) - As Edmonton's Tim "The Thrashing Machine" Hague prepares to take on Brock Lesnar training...
  12. Bellator signs Eric Schambari as first middleweight for season-two tourney
    Three-time WEC veteran Eric Schambari, who put together a 4-0 run in 2009 after taking one year off while recovering from a life-threatening condition, is Belltor's first participant in its newest...
  13. Rogerio vs. Machida Isn't Out Of The Question
    "(Rogerio) wants what every other light heavyweight wants in that category and that's he wants a belt,” said Ed Soares. “Whatever fight is going to be, put him up a little bit closer towards that...
  14. Coenen Ready To Go Toe-To-Toe With Cyborg
    Strikeforce 145-pound female titleholder Cris “Cyborg” Santos (6-0) is set to defend her title for the first time on Jan. 30 against Marloes Coenen (17-3), and the challenger doesn’t think it will go...
  15. Herschel Walker: I'm not going to be heavyweight champ -- but I am going to be competitive
    I love martial arts. I've loved it for years. I love the sport of it. When I saw MMA years ago, I fell in love with it. They've cleaned it up so much that it is now a mainstream sport, and I wanted...
  16. Lil' Nog Is A "Horrible Fight" For Forrest Griffin
    At least Forrest Griffin thinks so. "That is a horrible fight for me. I have trained with his brother a little bit, so he already has the 'inside scoop' on me, he's a southpaw, has got a good chin,...
  17. CCF president Lino Santoro speaks out about use of modified MMA rules in Edmonton
    Colleseo Championship Fighting President Pasqualino Santoro spoke with MMAcanada recently about his request to the Edmonton Combative Sports Commission to use the international modified rules of MMA,...
  18. Robbie Lawler 'not too worried' about Melvin Manhoef's stand up (Video)
    link Robbie Lawler interview.
  19. Nick Diaz: 'I could beat both GSP and Anderson Silva'
    link You know how people used to think Albert Einstein was a crazy dude, but then long after he died we realized he was a genius? Well, maybe that's what we have in Nick Diaz. A man respected for...
    Pages: 2
  20. Share UFC Quick Quote: Tito Ortiz is 'full of ****'
    Tito Ortiz is full of **** "No, it's not true at all. He's full of ****. Let me tell you what Chuck told me. He's gonna break his head open! Yeah, he's pissed." -- WEC General Manager Reed Harris...
  21. Brock Lesnar is ready for Frank Mir/Shane Carwin winner (Video)
    Brock getting ready. link
  22. Marius Zaromskis vs. Kiyoshi Tamura Possible For DREAM 13
    Although the fight happening largely depends on how Marius Zaromskis comes out of tonight's Strikeforce event, DREAM appears close to making Zaromskis vs. Kiyoshi Tamura for the DREAM Welterweight...
  23. Mamoru Submits Baca, Captures KOTC Gold in Japan
    Mamoru Yamaguchi - the afro'd former Shooto champion who returned to MMA last October following a year-plus hiatus - picked up his third consecutive win with a second round submission of American...
  24. Vitor Belfort: Anderson Silva seemed 'upset or nervous' at UFC 112 pre-fight face off
    "I don’t know what happened, he seemed upset or nervous, I don’t know. We were face to face, but we didn’t greet each other. Some people like to stare down, but when the fight is on it doesn’t matter...
  25. Marlon Sandro and Leonardo Santos aiming for March 7th return to SRC
    Tatame.com reports that Sandro, who was forced to withdraw from his Dynamite!! 2009 bout against Hideo Tokoro due to injuries, has been training hard at Nova União in preparation for his return to...
  26. WEC's Harris Says Aldo Vs. Faber Will Be May PPV
    WEC general manager Reed Harris, while on “Dave and Mahoney in the Morning” on X107.5 radio in Las Vegas, confirmed that the fight between current WEC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and former...
  27. Dream Lightweights Headed To StrikeForce
    When Gilbert Melendez defeated Josh Thomson to win the Strikeforce lightweight title, the announcement was made that same night that the idea for his next opponent was for top ranked Japanese fighter...
  28. Rebuilt, Marquardt Eyeing Title Shot With Win
    “I’ve improved technically. Physically I’m stronger, better, and faster,” Marquardt told MMAWeekly.com. “The main thing for me is that I’m stronger mentally going into the fight and I’m more...
  29. "TUF 11" coach Tito Ortiz: I've raised the bar for all fighters, and they should be thankful
    While former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz is no stranger to making headlines with his often controversial brand of trash-talking, it was something far different that had MMA fans buzzing...
  30. Al-Turk In Doubt For UFC109 With Visa Issues
    Rolles Gracie is still set to make his UFC debut on Feb. 6, but it may be against a new opponent. Mostapha Al-Turk has run into visa issues that could prevent the British fighter from making the trip...
  31. Poll results: Fans want Mousasi vs. Henderson, Emelianenko vs. Overeem
    That's the question we asked in a recent "Inside MMA"/MMAjunkie.com poll, and two bouts ran away with the majority of the vote.And luckily for fans, the most-requested matchup is one likely to take...
  32. Hieron Vying for No. 1 Contendership
    However, like almost every well-laid plan in MMA, unforeseen circumstances and the choices that come out of them take promotions and fighters down other paths. When Hieron’s management turned down a...
  33. Memo to WEC: Doing a PPV in May Is Asking for Disaster
    I've long been a skeptic of the WEC's prospects for PPV, but I understand why they need to start running PPV events. If they can't succeed on PPV they won't be financially viable in the long haul,...
  34. BJ Penn: I do want to be the welterweight champion again
    “As far as my aspirations to go back up to welterweight and fight GSP again, I am going to have to wait. I do want to be the welterweight champion again, I want to fight GSP again and I am always...
  35. Diaz wins WW belt, KO's Zaromxkis in 1st rd
    It took several years and three different weight classes, but the hard work that Nick Diaz put in finally paid off as the brash Cesar Gracie student knocked out Dream champion, Marius Zaromskis, to...
  36. Cyborg defends title with dominance over Coenen
    Living up to the hype of her championship victory, Cris Cyborg didn't show any signs of weakness in her first title defense as she dominated and powered through top contender, Marloes Coenen, picking...
  37. Herschel Walker experiment pays off with win
    Strikeforce took a big risk signing and showcasing 47-year old former NFL player, Herschel Walker, in his professional debut on Saturday, but it paid off as the one time Heisman Trophy winner...
  38. Lawler KO's Manhoef, Lashley gets TKO win
    It ended fast and it ended with a bang. Robbie Lawler was feeling the power and dangerous strikes of Melvin Manhoef, but too much aggression and a perfectly timed counter punch sent the Dutchman...
  39. Former Power Ranger Jason Frank Wins MMA Debut
    Although it almost was the other way around, good beat evil again last night as Jason David Frank, best known as the Green/White Ranger on "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers", managed to withstand a...
  40. Hayato Sakurai Likely to Get First Crack at Nick Diaz' Strikeforce Welterweight Title, Jay Hieron Out of Luck Again
    Most people thought Jay Hieron earned a shot at the welterweight title by defeating Joe Riggs, but Coker said it's more likely that Sakurai will be the challenger in Diaz's first title defense....
  41. MMA Quick Quote: Marloes Coenen wanted more time to fight Cyborg Santos
    "I feel beat up. It was a tough fight. She was really good, but I think [the referee] stopped it too soon. I was still moving -- she hit me hard but I could take it. I have to see the fight back of...
  42. Broughton Rolls Through U.K.'s Best For Tourney Win
    Heavyweights collided in Hove, England in a unique “winner takes all” tournament, £10,000 (roughly $16,000) incentive and a nice shiny ZT Fight Night strap to boot. This brought out the big guns in...
  43. Free Agent Hieron Reflects On Riggs,Wants Diaz
    “The game plan was to try and go out and put pressure on him. Try to stay sharp because he’s a lefty. You can’t go after a lefty because everything is opposite, so I was a little more strategic,”...
  44. Wes Sims pushes Bobby Lashley at Strikeforce post-fight press conference
    It's all fun and games until a referee apparently stops a fight too early.Wes Sims was hamming it up for just about everyone who would watch following his first round technical knockout loss to Bobby...
  45. Cris "Cyborg" Santos Prepared To Fight Anyone
    Cris “Cyborg” Santos (7-0) defended her 145-pound women’s Strikeforce title against Marloes Coenen (17-5) on Jan. 30 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., and is prepared to fight whoever...
  46. Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz is going to be hard to beat
    I'm proud to be doing what I do. I wasn't hurt at all [in this fight]. My lip got cut a little, but I wasn't hurt, I was fine.... My gameplan was that I am a better all-around fighter than him, so I...
  47. MMA Quick Quote: Bobby Lashley wants a heavyweight title shot
    "Well, it's one of two things. Either they're going to allow me do it the way I wanna do it and build, or they're going to give me a title shot. Either or. I would like a title shot. I guess it's...
  48. Herschel Walker happy with MMA debut ... even if he never fights again
    You’re going to be shocked by this, but [the pressure did not bother me at all]. There was no pressure and the reason why was I really thought the people at AKA prepared me for it. The fighters at...
  49. Scott Coker: Bobby Lashley's next opponent could be Brett Rogers
    Victorious this weekend at Strikeforce: "Miami" was heavyweight Bobby Lashley, who made the most of his promotion debut by stopping last-minute fill-in Wes Sims in the first round. Though the former...
  50. Geezers at Caesar's: Randy Couture video on UFC 109 fight against Mark Coleman
    Couture talks Coleman and some training. link
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575