MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Chad George vs. Scott Jorgensen added to WEC 47 prelims
    With the main card just about complete, WEC 47's preliminary card is starting to take shape.World Extreme Cagefighting officials today announced a bantamweight matchup between Chad George (11-4 MMA,...
  2. Are State Athletic Commissions Failing Fans of MMA and Boxing?
    Drug testing in professional sports has been a hot topic among fans for years. Following the implication of many professional baseball players in the use of performance-enhancing drugs, the scrutiny...
  3. Hellboy Drops To Challenge For Dream Title
    Former Shooto welterweight champion and first-ever Dream lightweight champion Joachim Hansen is expected to move down to featherweight to challenger current Dream featherweight titleholder Bibiano...
  4. Miguel Torres: 'A rematch with Brian Bowles is more important to me than a title shot'
    Former 135-pound kingpin Miguel Torres goes back to basics after a stunning defeat at the heavy hands of new bantamweight champion Brian Bowles at WEC 42 back in August 2009. Bowles will make his...
  5. Former UFC Champion Carlos Newton set to face Chris Clements at W-1 MMA on March 20
    Carlos Newton, the former UFC Welterweight Champion, is set to face Chris Clements at the Canadian based W-1 MMA show on March 20 in Montreal according to Top MMA News. Just yesterday, news broke...
  6. - Castillo VS. Pettis Added To WEC In Columbus
    The fight card for the WEC's debut in Columbus, OH is filling up fast as the promotion announced the addition of a lightweight bout pitting Danny Castillo against Anthony Pettis in a preliminary...
  7. Shine Fights inks Dave "Pee Wee" Herman; bout with Jeff Monson likely for spring
    Sengoku, Bellator and EliteXC veteran Dave Herman (16-1), better known to most MMA fans as "Pee Wee," is the latest addition to the rapidly expanding Shine Fights roster. The organization announced...
  8. UFC legend Chuck Liddell eyes four-fight plan, looks forward to proving doubters wrong
    LAS VEGAS – Former UFC champion and MMA legend Chuck Liddell (21-7 MMA, 16-6 UFC) understands that his back is against the wall. After a stretch of four losses in five fights, Liddell's longtime...
  9. EASportsMMA.com to stream Jay Hieron vs. Joe Riggs live from "Strikeforce: Miami"
    It's not TV, but it's something. Five days from the first bell of the Jan. 30 event, "Strikeforce: Miami," the promotion has taken extra steps to ensure a welterweight clash between Jay Hieron (18-4...
  10. Andre Galvao vs. Luke Stewart targeted for "Strikeforce Challengers VII" in Fresno, Calif.
    An intriguing welterweight matchup between Strikeforce newcomer Andre Galvao (3-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) and promotional veteran Luke Stewart (6-2 MMA, 6-2 SF) appears likely for the as-yet-unannounced...
  11. Nick Diaz happy with Welterweight Return
    Nick Diaz takes on Dream champion Marius Zaromskis on Jan. 30 in Sunrise, Fla., for the vacant Strikeforce welterweight title. Diaz’s last two fights were out of his weight class, but he’s eager to...
  12. Swick says AKA vs. AKA is a "lose/lose" proposition
    Teammate versus teammate. It has been a controversial subject that seems to gain more steam every time UFC president Dana White mentions the possibility of one fighter getting in contender status and...
  13. Karo Parisyan: 'I'm Going to Fight Again'
    When Karo Parisyan withdrew from UFC 106 at the last minute, UFC President Dana White said Parisyan would never fight in the UFC again. But Parisyan says he will be fighting somewhere soon. "I...
  14. Miguel Torres fires camp; now Dellagrotte, Drysdale
    Some media outlets called it the upset of the year. It was shocking to see Brian Bowles take out Miguel Torres at WEC 42 and it did upset the former bantamweight champ. Torres realized he had gotten...
  15. Afflictions motion to dismiss Fedor lawsuit denied
    Fedor Emelianenko and his promotional team survived a first-round attack Monday in a legal battle that pits them against their former business partner, Affliction Entertainment. Affliction’s...
  16. NY Secretary of State advocates for MMA
    New York Times Letters to the Editor In “A Leaner Budget for Lean Times” (editorial, Jan. 20), you call mixed martial arts, which Gov. David A. Paterson is proposing to legalize, “controversial.” In...
  17. Running Scared: Seven opponents turn down bout with Erin Toughill, January 30 FCF bout scratched
    Already with an established reputation in female mixed martial arts as one of the most commonly avoided fighters in the business, Strikeforce 145 pound title threat Erin Toughill has once again seen...
  18. Bring It On, Wanderlei
    Michael Bisping says so. In his latest online entry for The Daily Telegraph, Bisping says he's over his KO loss at UFC 100 and his confidence is sky-high going into his fight with Wanderlei Silva....
  19. Stephan Bonnar Ready To End The Polish Experiment At UFC 110
    That would be his opponent, Krzyzstof Soszynski. "He usually comes to fight. In the last fight with Coleman it felt more like he wanted to get takedowns and hold me down more than anything. Not like...
  20. Ronnys wants extra bonus against Guillard
    Last week, Melvin Guillard, Ronnys Torres’ opponent on his debut on UFC, revealed that he likes to face Jiu-Jitsu athletes because he had more chances to take the knockout of the night bonus at UFC...
  21. Gugerty vs. Guida, Kimmons vs. Pierce official for UFC on Versus 1 prelims
    A pair of recently reported bouts was today made official for the UFC's debut on Versus, and at least one fighter might be a little disappointed with his position on the card.Shannon Gugerty vs. Clay...
  22. Palaszewski vs. Darabedyan In WEC March 6
    The lightweights will go to battle as the WEC invades Columbus, OH when former IFL stand-out, Bart Palaszewski, takes on rising star, Karen Darabedyan, in a 155lb contest on the undercard of the...
  23. Gabriel Gonzaga talks Dos Santos,Brock Lesnar and sickening nutshot
    One-time UFC heavyweight title challenger Gabriel Gonzaga is looking to get back into title contention and a second shot at the belt currently held by Brock Lesnar. At UFC 109 he faces fellow...
  24. Gomi: "I will beat Florian by first round KO"
    Takanori Gomi says he will beat Kenny Florian “by first round knockout” when they meet in the UFC Octagon in the near future. As first reported by Fighters Only and subsequently confirmed by Florian...
  25. Jeff Monson to Struggle For Relevance Against Dave Herman
    MMA's hardest working anarchist is showing no signs of slowing down in 2010. Coming off a split decision victory in Tulsa, Oklahoma on January 16, Jeff Monson's next challenge will likely come at...
  26. Cung Le Discusses Future
    “Get back in there, train smart, hard, fight as soon as possible and get a rematch,” he told the outlet. “…I believe this rematch will happen sooner than later.” Link
  27. Mauler Manhoef Aware of His Shortcomings
    “If they have me on the ground, they have a slight advantage,” he told USAToday’s Sergio Non. “But if I have to put my fists on their chin, I also have a slight advantage…I'm going to practice my...
  28. Nogueira vs. Griffin In The Works For UFC 113
    According to the TATAME website, a matchup of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Forrest Griffin is almost set for UFC 113 in Montreal. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending. Article
  29. Tito says Liddell was an alcoholic and White intervention saved him
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tito-says-Liddell-was-an-alcoholic-and-White-int?urn=mma,215904 Nice job by John Morgan. MMAJunkie's lead reporter attended the season 11 "Ultimate...
  30. UFC 112 Confirmed For Abu Dhabi
    It's on! According to Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole via Lorenzo Fertitta, UFC 112 is now officially set to be held in Abu Dhabi. Despite confirming the sale of a 10-percent stake in the promotion to Flash...
  31. DREAM 13 Announced For 3/22
    FEG has announced that DREAM 13 will take place on 3/22 at Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan. Although no fights were confirmed, it's expected that DREAM Featherweight Champion Bibiano Fernandes vs....
  32. Matt Hamill recovering from grade 2 shoulder separation, returns to training next week
    "The Ultimate Fighter 3" alumnus Matt Hamill hopes to begin training again on Feb. 1 but still suffers from shoulder pain as a result of his bout with Jon Jones this past December. Hamill (8-2 MMA,...
  33. Live UFC pay-per-view events soon available online in China
    Live Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view events are coming online to China. Company officials on Tuesday announced that live PPV events, beginning with next month's "UFC 109: Relentless"...
  34. Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit Planned For UFC 115
    Former WEC welterweight champion, Carlos Condit (24-5), is in talks to take on King of the Cage star Rory MacDonald (10-0), at UFC 115 from the General Motors Place in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, on...
  35. Denis Kang vs. Vernon 'Tiger' White
    It was announced Tuesday that Denis Kang will make his W-1 debut against Vernon 'Tiger' White. The event will also feature a bout between former UFC welterweight champion Carlos Newton and Chris...
  36. Coleman Still Has A Score To Settle With Tito Ortiz
    "Tito Ortiz, I do think he's a douche bag, and I do hope to get to fight him someday," Coleman said in an interview with MMAWeekly Radio. "He wants to call me a sissy, if he really thinks I'm a damn...
  37. Exclusive: Frank Trigg Still Holds a Grudge Against "That Fool" Jerry Millen
    Nearly two years have passed since the collapse of PRIDE Fighting Championships and although the future of the organization most assumed to be dead is somewhat foggy, one fact that has been made...
  38. After seizure/fainting episode, UFC 109's Phillipe Nover retooled pre-fight prep
    On Sept. 16, the day he was supposed to fight Rob Emerson at UFC Fight Night 19 in Oklahoma City, state athletic commission officials scratched Nover from the card.Commission officials said "The...
  39. The New And Improved Chuck Liddell
    If any MMA fighter's life could be compared to that of a rock star, it would be Chuck Liddell's. If you've ever been around Liddell when he's on The Strip, you know exactly who the the new King of...
  40. Chael Sonnen calls Anderson a con man
    Sonnen Interview Sonnen says his comments regarding Anderson Silva are the truth. Says Silva hates the media and the fans that idolize him so he pretends he can not understand or speak English, even...
  41. UFC Cuts Razak Al-Hassan
    2 losses plus one popped arm equals no job for Razak Al-Hassan. He's the latest fighter to be cut by UFC following the losing streak of death. He entered UFC 7-0 but lost his two UFC fights to Steve...
  42. Vitor Belfort Is Going To Moonwalk Over Anderson Silva
    And evidently he doesn't plan to beat him in a dancing contest at UFC 112, only in fighting. He says he may not have the flashy style that Silva does, but his style is his. "[My punching’s] not...
  43. With planned retirement at 30, Gegard Mousasi searching for best career options
    LOS ANGELES – Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi has no plans to fight until his body fails him. When the 24-year-old hits the big 3-0, he's out. With that in mind, he has set...
  44. Junior Dos Santos Is Drinking Milk And Kicking @$$
    Remember kids, milk really does a body good. Ed Soares makes sure to point that out when talking about his fast-rising Heavyweight client, also adding they are in no hurry to get a UFC Heavyweight...
  45. DREAM Unveils Tentative 2010 Schedule
    With DREAM.13 officially announced for March 22, the Japanese-based promotion today unveiled plans for the rest of the 2010 DREAM schedule, which includes a possible event in South Korea and a...
  46. Hector Lombard: “I would kill Mousasi”
    On February 4, the Bellator middleweight champion will be back. The American Top Team fighter, who shone on the five fights he made in 2009, wants to keep the rhythm this year. After a train session...
  47. Overeem: "When UFC term are right,I will sign right away"
    Dutch heavyweight Alistair Overeem says he would sign with UFC right away if offered the right terms. He and the UFC have negotiated before - he was cageside at UFC 93 in Dublin - but have never come...
  48. Fernandes vs. Hansen title fight set for DREAM.13; Chonan slotted for March 22 card
    As expected, Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen (19-8-1 MMA, 3-2 DREAM) is dropping a weight class to fight DREAM featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes (7-2 MMA, 4-0 DREAM) in March at DREAM.13.DREAM...
  49. Fight Path: Former Canadian paratrooper William Romero waited a year for Bellator slot
    William Romero might have taken even longer to start his professional MMA career if several organizations hadn't teamed for an open Canadian tryout.That was a couple years ago, when about 300 guys...
  50. Caraway vs. Paixao Latest Addition To WEC Card
    Caraway (14-4) made his WEC debut in January after stepping in on short notice to face Canadian fighter Mark Hominick. The former EliteXC and Strikeforce fighter was doing well in the bout until he...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548