MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. MMA Quick Quote: Murilo Bustamante wants to return to fighting in 2010
    “Surely it cheers me up. I have got plans of fighting in 2010 and let’s see how it will work. I’m preparing myself, I’m in Brazil also to train and get into the pace. We’re studying proposals and...
  2. Brown pleased with WEC 46 win, wants to remain active while waiting for title shot
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. – With the sting of a November 2009 loss still fresh in his mind, former WEC featherweight champ Mike Brown (23-5 MMA, 5-1 WEC) begged the promotion's brass to let him fight at...
  3. MMAjunkie.com Fight Biz: Fighters capitalize on social media to take stories directly to fans
    Welcome to the age of do-it-yourself reporting. The social media revolution has given anyone with a keyboard and an Internet connection the means to communicate to the masses. Mixed martial artists...
  4. "WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson" draws reported 10,027 attendees for $550K gate
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Initial reports from WEC officials indicate the WEC's third trip to ARCO Arena in Sacrmento, Calif., earned another solid live gate. At the evening's post-event press conference,...
  5. Report: New York Governor to Endorse MMA Legalization in Budget Proposal This Month
    ALBANY - Gov. Paterson is set to propose legalizing ultimate fighting and its controversial steel-cage matches to help wrestle the state's fiscal woes. Link
  6. Randy Couture Says Brock Lesnar Is Back in Training
    Well look who's getting name-checked on "Inside MMA." Ron Kruck references our story on Brock Lesnar's ongoing health issues before cutting to Randy Couture, who says he's spoken with Lesnar and...
  7. GSP On Taking The Dan Hardy Challenge At UFC 111
    go here to watch the video
  8. WEC Quick Quote: Varner's 'D' was trying to stop the run
    Former WEC Lightweight Champion Jamie Varner talks during the WEC 46 post-fight press conference about the effective gamplan Ben Henderson used to unify the 155-pound title via third round...
  9. Spencer Fisher vs. "Bang" Ludwig scheduled for March 21
    There's at least one bout with fireworks written all over it when the UFC returns to Denver on March 21 as hometown kid, Duane "Bang" Ludwig returns to action to face Spencer "The King" Fisher in a...
  10. Is UFC Fight Night 20 Chris Leben's last stand?
    "I'm going to fight my heart out. I love to stand up and bang with guys. This is a make it or break it for me. I have to lay it all on the line. When it comes Monday night, I'm going to go out there...
  11. Gray Maynard: I'm the bully -- not the blanket
    "My last two (fights against Jim Miller and Roger Huerta) have been pretty much all stand-up. There's people that kind of get it in their head, and they don't let it go. You can't please everyone. I...
  12. UFC 111: Rodney Wallace vs Jared Hamman in the works for March 27
    Who is the master? Hopefully "Sho'nuff." Coming off a disappointing Octagon debut at last month's Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10 Finale, Rodney Wallace (9-1) will try to get back to his winning ways...
  13. Tony 'The Viking' Halme 1963-2010
    Tony Halme, best known to mixed martial arts fans as the debut opponent for five-time UFC Champion Randy Couture, has passed away at the age of 47 according to The Baltimore Sun. "The Viking" made...
  14. “Bad” Brad Blackburn: Amir Sadollah or GSP, It makes no difference to me
    Although it’s far from his first fight with the promotion, this evening will be “Bad” Brad Blackburn’s coming out party in the UFC, as the heavy handed Washington based Knockout artist is all set to...
  15. Paulo Filho back to the octagon on February
    Bitetti Combat already started the preparations to the sixth edition of the event, that will happen on February 27 in Brasília, Brazil. Paulo Filho, Glover Teixeira and Fabio Maldonado and already...
  16. Hometown Fighters Added to UFN 21 on Versus: Marshall vs. Matyushenko, Ludwig vs. Fisher
    Denver-area fighters Eliot Marshall (3-0 UFC) and Duane "Bang" Ludwig (2-1 UFC) have been added to the card for the UFC's March 21st Versus broadcast from the Broomfield Events Center in Colorado....
  17. Nate Diaz: "I Think I Still Beat Him"
    Nate Diaz made an immediate impact upon arriving in the UFC.He made his way to the Octagon via The Ultimate Fighter, where he won season 5 of the venerable reality series, including a semi-final win...
  18. Youngster Rory MacDonald plans on setting up permanent shop in the UFC
    There have been younger fighters in the UFC than Canadian Rory MacDonald (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), but not many.As he prepares to make his debut for the world's largest mixed martial arts organization at...
  19. Ex-champ Varner surprised by Henderson's game plan, clarifies post-fight comments
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Jamie Varner's intel turned out to be wrong in his title unification fight with Ben Henderson.The former WEC lightweight champion, who lives a short drive from the Glendale,...
  20. Aside from fighting, vet Mike Guymon sees few similarities with young UFN 20 opponent
    Prior to Sunday's UFC Fight Night 20 weigh-ins at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va., 35-year-old Mike Guymon looked at opponent Rory MacDonald and couldn't help but laugh.While both competitors make...
  21. WEC 46 Fighter Payouts
    The CSAC has revealed the disclosed fighter payouts from last night's WEC 46. The total disclosed payouts were $272,000 with the biggest share-$52,000-going, not surprisingly, to Urijah Faber....
  22. Brendan Schaub vs. Chase Gormley on March 21
    The Denver fighters have to happy the UFC is coming back to the Mile High City. Brendan Schaub, a finalist from last season's "Ultimate Fighter", will return to action in his home state to do battle...
  23. Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko in Denver
    Staying at home for a fight is always a nice feeling, and the Denver based fighters are starting to fill up the March 21 card in town. A light heavyweight bout has been confirmed pitting Denver...
  24. Kendall Grove returns at UFC 112
    Kendall ‘Da Spyder’ Grove is apparently fighting at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi against an as-yet unnamed opponent. The news is courtesy of Grove himself, who posted it to his Twitter account earlier....
  25. UFC Quick Quote: Gray Maynard isn't Kenny Florian
    "The gameplan and technique went out the window once I saw that dude [Nate Diaz] across from me and I just wanted to throw. I saw his face and I wanted to fight. It was stupid but I hope you guys...
  26. UFC Fight Night 20 bonuses and awards for 'Maynard vs Diaz' Spike TV fights
    UFC Fight Night 20: "Maynard vs. Diaz" from the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia, has officially wrapped, which means that it’s time for those select fighters who went above and beyond in their...
  27. Anthony Johnson vs. John Howard official for UFC Fight Night 21 main card
    A long-awaited welterweight grudge match between Anthony Johnson (8-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and John Howard (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is set for the UFC Fight Night 21 main card. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com)...
  28. WEC 46 Medical Suspensions
    The CSAC has anounced the medical suspensions from WEC 46. Although all the suspended fighters can be cleared to return early, all 9 who were suspended got at least 60 day suspensions and 5,...
  29. Nate Diaz looks to move to welterweight division
    Nate Diaz eyes move to 170lbs Diaz says he's not being paid enough to cut the weight he is now, and looks to move to 170lbs.
  30. Aaron Simpson Went BOOM And He Was Back From The Filthy Mauling
    That's his opinion of his win over Tom Lawlor at last night's UFN 20. Simpson said he got wobbled early on but "went BOOM" and recovered quickly, then he was right back in it. He was surprised by how...
  31. UFC 112: Edgar vs. Penn Likely For Abu Dhabi
    The question going into last night was could Gray Maynard earn a title shot at BJ Penn at UFC 112? The Answer appears to be no. While nothing is definite yet, based on Maynard's split decision win it...
  32. Yoshizo Machida: My Son "Must" Fight Anderson Silva
    They say father knows best, and in the case of Lyoto Machida his father believes the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion must fight Anderson Silva. He commented on such a fight in a recent magazine...
  33. Efrain Escudero's arm isn't broken after Evan Dunham fight at UFC Fight Night 20
    "Hey guys out the hospital nothing broke lil mess up tendons. I will be back soon now in hungry!! And expect and Evan vs Efrain 2!!! I'm not puttin my head down at all i'm gonna come back stronger...
  34. Strikeforce: Andre Galvão anxious to debut
    Without fighting since Dream GP’s finals, André Galvão is anxious to make his Strikeforce debut. While a visit to the training center of X-Gym, the black belt gave an exclusive interview and talked...
  35. Chris Leben Is Back After Win Over Jay "Tough Sucker" Silva
    And "The Crippler" gave his defeated foe a lot of credit after their UFN 20 fight last night. "I love to stand up and bang with guys but when that's their strong point and I'm good all around I might...
  36. WEC Quick Quote: Urijah Faber feels he has the 'edge' over Jose Aldo
    First off, you have to be able to match his speed, which I know I can do. Just be wary of all his tools. He's got some really dangerous tools. Stand up, he's got those low leg kicks that open things...
  37. Martin Kampmann & Ben Saunders Agree To UFC 111 Fight
    UFC 111 continues to fill up quickly, and another match was added today as Martin Kampmann & Ben Saunders have agreed to face off on the card. Both fighters have bounced back from their only UFC...
  38. White Says Abu Dhabi Sale Will Advance Global Expansion
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=305792 The UFC sold off a chunk to an Abu Dhabi company to speed up its world expansion plan, according to president Dana White. "UFC has no financial issues and...
  39. Nate Diaz clarifies weight-cutting remarks, sees future at lightweight and welterweight
    Nate Diaz (11-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) is not leaving the lightweight division permanently — he just wants a break. Diaz, who came up short Monday night in a headlining fight with Gray Maynard (9-0 MMA, 6-0...
  40. It's Official: BJ Penn to Defend 155-Pound Title Against Frankie Edgar
    Dana White confirmed that Edgar will receive the next 155-pound title shot against champion BJ Penn. There had been talk of Gray Maynard facing Penn next, but in a video interview shot Tuesday in New...
  41. Report: Kenny Florian vs Takanori Gomi Possible for UFC Fight Night 22
    Takanori Gomi could make his UFC debut against unsuccessful lightweight challenger Kenny Florian at UFC Fight Night 22, Fighters Only was told this week. The event takes place in North Carolina on...
  42. Patrick Cote vs Alan Belcher signed for UFC 113
    Sources close to the fight have informed Top MMA News that this fight has been signed and Patrick Cote vs Alan Belcher will be taking place May 1st at the Bell Center in Montreal at UFC 113. Link
  43. Wilson Gouveia Cut by UFC, Will Make MFC Debut in April
    Following back to back TKO losses, the UFC has apparently trimmed Wilson Gouveia from their roster. However it didn’t take the fighter long to find at new home with Maximum Fighting Chamionships,...
  44. Herschel Walker makes rounds with "Fox & Friends," "The Howard Stern Show"
    Some hardcore mixed martial arts fans have wondered aloud why Strikeforce, as a rapidly growing promotion, is willing to offer a platform to former NFL great Herschel Walker (0-0 MMA, 0-0 SF) for his...
  45. Keith Florian Says Brother Ready For Gomi, Whoever
    "I think Gomi would be a great fight for Kenny. He's one of those people who was No. 1 in the world for a long time, and I think that would be a great fight for us," Keith told MMAWeekly.com...
  46. Belfort's Manager Confirms Silva Fight For UFC 112
    Following months of speculation on the fate of a postponed bout between UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort, the pieces are finally in place for an April fight. Fabiano Farah,...
  47. Kenny Florian: No Gomi Fight Offer Yet, Predicts PPV If Booked
    Despite rumors to the contrary, Kenny Florian says today that a fight with new UFC signee Takanori Gomi is not set yet. Florian has not been offered the fight but he says if it happens, it should be...
  48. Dear Diary: I'm Way Better Than Wanderlei Silva! Signed, Michael Bisping
    And Bisping feels very confident in his game plan for the fight in Australia. He wrote this in an online diary for The Daily Telegraph (Australia): "I believe it's a very winnable fight for me,...
  49. UFN 20 Fighter Payouts
    The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation has released the official fighter payouts from UFN 20. The total disclosed payouts are not known at this time because payouts for...
  50. Dana: UFC In DC Likely In 2011
    The Nation's Capital is now on notice-Washington, DC may be next on Dana White's hit list. After a very successful UFC Fight Night in nearby Fairfax, VA, the UFC President says a UFC PPV will...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575