MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. GSP "not impressed" with reporters
    Georges St. Pierre is not impressed with the way the media has reported his comments on potentially representing Canada in wrestling at the 2012 Olympics. The French-Canadian feels he has been...
  2. Lessons Learned (Sometimes the Hard Way) in the Land of the Rising Sun
    For starters, there's the production value you hear so much about. In Japan, they don't just introduce a guy and play whatever Tupac song he's chosen for his entrance music; they make a true...
  3. 'Shogun' Rua wants the belt -- not vengeance in rematch with Lyoto Machida
    I'm happy to fight again with (Machida), not because I think I won the first match but to have a new opportunity to fight for the belt. My big dream is to win the belt, so I want that fight again...
  4. Hieron Gets Riggs,Lawler vs Manhoef Official
    Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz confirmed the bout, and several others, to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday reported former EliteXC champion Robbie Lawler would step in to...
  5. UFC officials choose June 12 for Vancouver event, UFC 115
    Vancouver, B.C., get ready. The UFC is coming to town this summer. A well-placed UFC source told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the promotion has penciled in June 12 as the date for an event...
  6. "Strikeforce: Miami" gets three more bouts; Hieron vs. Riggs scheduled for prelims
    With Strikeforce's first event of 2010 a little more than three weeks away, the fight card is nearing completion. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with promotion officials the...
  7. UFC champ B.J. Penn expects next fight at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi
    link UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn expects his next bout to take place in April at a currently unannounced (but close to finalized) UFC 112 event in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. However, in...
  8. Despite Rumors,Rich Franklin vs. Patrick Cote Not Happening at UFC 113
    Despite several unsubstantiated reports stating otherwise, a rumored match-up between former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and former number one UFC middleweight contender Patrick Cote at...
  9. Rashad Evans had an 'Oh Sh*t' moment at UFC 108
    Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans talks about the close call he had in the third round against the dangerous Thiago Silva in the main event of UFC 108 back on Jan. 2. "Suga" almost...
  10. NSAC exec says UFC light heavyweight Steve Cantwell's return still possible
    When UFC light heavyweight Steve Cantwell was forced to withdraw from a UFC 108 bout in Las Vegas with Vladimir Matyushenko, most MMA observers simply chalked up the loss as another victim of the...
  11. Tatame: Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort Will Take Place at UFC 112
    The fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort is in works to take place at UFC 112, on April 10, at Abu Dhabi. Carlos Santos, leader of Emirates Team, revealed to TATAME.com that both fighters...
  12. MMA Medical News: Brock Lesnar,No Steroids;Jamie Varner,Video Games
    Therefore, the Internet pundits and unlicensed medical experts who continue to state, imply and/or insinuate that Brock Lesnar's serious GI condition is related to past or ongoing anabolic steroid...
  13. "Submission of the Year" winner readies for return; Imada vs. Masvidal 2 on tap
    Those MMA fans that saw Bellator lightweight Toby Imada (22-13) submit Jorge Masvidal (19-4) via inverted triangle choke knew immediately that they had witnessed 2009's "Submission of the Year." That...
  14. Will WEC 46 Be Urijah Faber's Last Stand as a Star?
    ...at 31, Faber is in the most danger of losing his status as the WEC’s marquee star since the company’s relationship with Versus started. He’s 22-3 but has lost two of his past three fights, both to...
  15. Tired Thiago Silva didn't know what was going on at UFC 108
    "I thought he would exchange a little bit more, but he escaped from the exchanging and he went on takedowns.... I knew I was losing. I wasn’t that good on the energy and I tried to provoke him to see...
  16. Thiago Tavares – A Brazilian Phenom’s Return
    As we all know, mixed martial arts is a high impact sport, one in which fighters have to deal with the pain sustained in training and in fighting all the time . So when a fighter needs to push the...
  17. Brad Blackburn’s New Year’s Resolution – A Full Year of Fighting
    Every athlete in the UFC has his post-fight ritual. Some raid the refrigerator for a week, some travel, while others just sit back for a while and stay far away from the gym. Welterweight Brad...
  18. Aaron Simpson: The Seasoned Newcomer
    Like most fighters, Aaron Simpson doesn’t play fortune-teller when it comes to his career. A typical inquiry about his upcoming game plan against Tom Lawlor yields an equally typical response – an...
  19. Rory MacDonald: The New Breed Has Arrived
    For years mixed martial arts analysts, journalists and fans have hypothesized about the plausibility that the skill set of fighters in the future would one day eclipse those of their present day...
  20. Nik Lentz: No More Mr. Tough Guy
    A former pre-med major with a penchant for video games – or as he’d tell you in his own words, “kind of a nerd” – Nik Lentz is the last person you’d expect to sign up for a fight on a whim. “It was a...
  21. Jesse Lennox – Continuing the Year of the Ox
    Like many first-time UFC fighters, Jesse Lennox was overwhelmed by his first experience in the organization last August. Unlike his fellow debutants though, Lennox got that awestruck feeling out of...
  22. Guymon’s Highway from Hell to the Octagon
    Closing the book on 2009 was a bittersweet experience for Mike “The Joker” Guymon. In those 365 days the 35-year-old turned his life around 180 degrees, climbing out of the depths of despair to reach...
  23. Semerzier Eyes Magnificent Encore against Taurosevicius
    Producing what was arguably MMA’s grandest upset of the year in 2009 will be of little consolation to Mackens Semerzier if he falls short Sunday against Deividas Taurosevicius, a chiseled submission...
  24. PUNCHDRUNKGAMER'S BEST OF 2009 AWARDS
    PUNCHDRUNKGAMER'S BEST OF 2009 AWARDS Event of the Year UFC 100 (July 11, 2009) Mid-year the UFC put on their 100th numbered event which featured two championship bouts, a knockout of the year...
  25. Jilted Matyushenko Hopes for March Bout
    Vladimir Matyushenko is continuing his training camp following the cancellation of his scheduled UFC 108 bout against Steve Cantwell last Saturday in Las Vegas. Cantwell withdrew from the matchup...
  26. UFC 109 "UFC Prelim" broadcast to feature Danzig vs. Buccholz, Guillard vs. Torres
    A pair of lightweight bouts featuring alumni from Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series are likely to be featured during the cable station's upcoming "UFC Prelim" broadcast for UFC 109....
  27. Sengoku Press Conference Part 1: Aoki Statement
    World Victory Road held a press conference in Japan today to talk the future of SRC and post-Dynamite!! fallout, which not surprisingly focused on "Stone Cold" Shinya Aoki and his post-fight actions...
  28. Bellator Fighting Championships Sign William Romero
    Bellator Fighting Championships announced yet another major offseason addition on Thursday with the signing of undefeated featherweight William Romero. Romero, 27, one of Canada's most talked-about...
  29. Shawn Tompkins trains Mark Coleman to fight former boss, Randy Couture
    "It's just business. Anyone who's ever spoken to Randy, as far as competition, that's how he feels, too. For Randy, it's about the fight, not the drama, he's real cool about it. We talked about it. I...
  30. Evan Dunham plans on breaking down and submitting Efrain Escudero at UFC Fight Night 20
    "I think he's going to come out and try to test my chin, that's for sure — because I'm sure he got a little bit of confidence from that last fight — instead of just coming out and going for the...
  31. Brown focused on Morrison, then title shot
    It didn't take long for the feeling of a loss to sink in before former WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown was making the call to get back in the cage. As a matter of fact, it was the very next...
  32. Anthony Johnson vs. John Howard targeted for UFC Fight Night 21
    A long-awaited welterweight bout is expected to take place at UFC Fight Night 21 when Anthony Johnson (8-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) finally meets John Howard (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC). Although not officially...
  33. John Salter tapped as late replacement, meets Gerald Harris at UFC Fight Night 20
    With Mike Massenzio (11-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) forced off the card for unspecified reasons, UFC newcomer John Salter (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has taken his place and now meets middleweight Gerald Harris (13-2...
  34. Wanderlei focused : “I need to fight better”
    "I want to give a interesting show to my friends. Bisping has a very good style. I’ll try the knock out on the second (round), but I’ll try on the first too, sure", said, knowing that the opponent is...
  35. Mousasi: “I don’t think I’m one of the best"
    Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Gegard Mousasi seems to be unbeatable. Without losses since 2006, the Armenian has victories in three different weight categories, and wants more in 2010. In...
  36. Sengoku Wants Shinya Aoki Punished for His Antics at Dynamite!! 2009
    WVR director, Sumio Inamura condemned Aoki's flipping of the bird at the severely injured (Mizuto) Hirota as an "erratic, unforgivable conduct" and fumed that there is not an ounce of sincerity or...
  37. Daley Says Hazelett KO Tailor Made For Him
    On paper Paul Daley vs. Dustin Hazelett was supposed to be striker against grappler, but when the fight started the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace stood in front of his British counterpart ready to throw...
  38. Tom Lawlor using salon for UFC Fight Night 20 prep, eyes heavyweight move and dual career
    After cashing a $100,000 bonus check for earning the "Submission of the Night" at UFC 100, Lawlor is doing just fine. Just ask him."Things are going well," Lawlor recently told MMAjunkie.com...
  39. Ricardo Almeida returns at UFC 111 to take on Matt Brown
    Ricardo Almeida returns at UFC 111 to take on Matt Brown The "Big Dog" returns at UFC 111 and takes on Matt Brown in his first fight at welterweight!
  40. Paul Daley Hints at Fight with Josh Koscheck
    Paul Daley hints at fight with Josh Koscheck Daley seems to believe a "fraggle haired" fella is next for him in the octagon!
  41. Wrestling Canada Officials Understand Challenge Facing GSP
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=305148 Wrestling Canada officials are intrigued by Georges St-Pierre's interest in wrestling at the Olympics but, like the mixed martial arts star himself, are...
  42. Another Machida Unfurls MMA Plans
    Is there room inside the Octagon for more than one Machida? UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida believes so. Shinzo Machida may lack his younger brother’s mixed martial arts credentials, but...
  43. Liddell's "TUF 11" coaches could include Davis, Henson, Hackleman, Shields, and Bravo
    Five-time light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell is quietly assembling a team for his second coaching stint on "The Ultimate Fighter." Liddell begins filming the 11th season of the long-running...
  44. Gary Goodridge denied license for Jan. 9 'New Dawn' after recent TKO loss to Gegard Mousasi
    One fight, two losses. Former PRIDE FC and K-1 star Gary Goodridge was not cleared to fight by the Indiana State Athletic Commission and will no longer face Ron Sparks at the upcoming MMA Big show...
  45. Is Rashad Evans too fast for 'Rampage' Jackson?
    Coach Greg Jackson seems to think so... "...Quinton has some very good assets including punching power, his wrestling is good. But where Rashad's (strength) really lies is speed. And Rashad is so...
  46. The Day Ray Sefo Nearly FoughtUbereem At A Breakfast Buffet
    Remember that one time when Ubereem got directly in your line of vision at a breakfast buffet to call you out but then you got right back in his face and challenged him to a fight? If you remember...
  47. Kyle Bradley and The Art of The 63 Second Turnaround
    Two UFC fights. Two losses. Kyle Bradley was well aware what was at stake when he stepped into the Octagon for fight number three against Phillipe Nover at UFC 98 last May. “In the UFC, if you’re not...
  48. Strikeforce Won't Be Risking Bobby Lashley Against Shane del Rosario
    Zach Krantz is disappointed that Bobby Lashley won't be making his Strikeforce debut against up and comer Shane del Rosario: When this fight was first reported I credited Strikeforce for putting...
  49. James Irvin aiming for UFC return in March
    Injuries and a suspension kept James Irvin out of action for all of 2009, but the heavy handed striker is looking to finally make his middleweight debut as he returns to action in the UFC this March....
  50. Ever-patient title hopeful Jay Hieron content with Joe Riggs "Strikeforce: Miami" bout
    It's not the fight he wanted – or was originally promised – but with would-be opponent Nick Diaz out of the picture, Jay Hieron said he's content to fight a big-name opponent such as Joe Riggs....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541