MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Boss Expects Clearer Prognosis on Lesnar This Week
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=304557 LAS VEGAS - UFC president Dana White says he expects to hear a definitive prognosis on Brock Lesnar this week, which should determine the ailing heavyweight...
  2. Stout Enjoys Profitable Night at UFC 108
    LAS VEGAS -- Canadian Sam (Hands of Stone) Stout was smiling under the railway line of stitches etched on his forehead. The 25-year-old lightweight from London, Ont., had just scored one of the...
  3. Franklin to have Surgery on Hernia, Aims for Montreal Return
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2010/01/03/franklin_injury/ Rich (Ace) Franklin is due for hernia surgery, but look for a comeback in Montreal Former UFC middleweight champion, Rich (Ace) Franklin is...
  4. Dana White Does Not-Repeat, Does Not-Condemn Aoki Actions
    UFC president Dana White says he’s the first guy to call “freak show” when he sees a match-up that shouldn’t happen. But when it comes to the behavior of fighters inside the cage, he’s far more...
  5. No Florian fight yet,Gomi gunning for Penn
    link Never one to shy away from a challenging opponent, sources close to Florian’s camp, however, told MMAWeekly.com that while Florian would welcome a fight with Gomi, it has yet to be offered. “I...
  6. UFC 108 Fighter Payouts
    The NSAC has released the official fighter payouts from UFC 108. The total disclosed payouts was $843,000 with the biggest share-$375,000-going to main event winner Rashad Evans. Article
  7. UFC and M1 reopen talks, White hopefull for emelianenko and mousasi
    link Apparently, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's door hasn't completely closed on notables Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi. Although the M-1 fighters are signed in the U.S. to Strikeforce...
  8. Seth Petruzelli to Go Five Rounds With Ken Shamrock in Mexico
    Seth Petruzelli and Ken Shamrock are set to face each other in a five-round light heavyweight title fight for the debuting International Unlimited Fighting promotion on March 6 in Cancun, Mexico....
  9. UFC 108 medical suspensions
    The Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued medical suspensions to seven fighters from this past Saturday's "UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva" event, and co-main event competitor Dustin Hazlett and...
  10. Stout feels he broke Lauzon's spirit to get win
    What makes a great fighter isn't always the titles on the mantle or the slot they hold down in the Top 10. What sometimes makes a fighter great is the amount of support they are shown by the fans,...
  11. M-1 Global is NOT in talks with the UFC about Fedor and Mousasi
    Contrary to recent reports, M-1 Global is not currently in talks with the UFC. Although reports have swept through the mixed martial arts news front recently stating that UFC President Dana White and...
  12. Frank Shamrock: I’d love to fight Sakuraba; He’s old like me, it would be contest of terrible knees
    With an expected return to action in March, the rumor mill has been abuzz with speculation on who former Strikeforce middleweight champion and undeniable legend of the game, Frank Shamrock, will be...
  13. Report: Bellator targeting undefeated Brazilian phenom for featherweight tourney
    With the Bellator Fighting Championships scheduled to begin its second season of tournaments on April 8, a great deal of focus has been put on its upcoming welterweight tournament. To date, upstart...
  14. With cast removed, Pat Barry anticipates May return
    Pat Barry (5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) is just happy he doesn't have to shower with a Glad bag over his right arm. The 30-year-old UFC heavyweight badly broke his thumb fighting former training partner Antoni...
  15. Melvin Manhoef confirmed for “Strikeforce: Miami” on January 30
    The most devastating knockout artist in the brief history of the sport is all set to make his promotional debut with Strikeforce in Miami. Manhoef will be throwing down for the first time under the...
  16. James Toney wants Lesnar, is trained by "death fighter"
    "I want Brock Lesnar and I know, unfortunately, he’s injured right now and had surgery, but I want him, Kimbo, Kendra, whatever his name is, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell or whoever. [Fans] think I...
  17. John Howard inks new 4-fight deal with UFC
    Going 3-0 in the UFC definitely helps your job security, and that helped John "Doomsday" Howard ink his new 4-fight deal with the promotion that will keep him there for the foreseeable future. Link
  18. Maynard: Penn-Sanchez Was More of a Business Choice
    When you’ve won six fights in a row in the UFC lightweight division, it’s difficult not to be earmarked as the next title contender. Gray Maynard knows there are no guarantees, though. The former...
  19. UFC officials vow to sue individuals for pay-per-view piracy in forthcoming crackdown
    link LAS VEGAS — Mixed martial arts fans who watch pirated internet content could soon be pressed against the cage says the president of an industry-leading fight promotion. In a move that could...
  20. Pre-fight injury rumors prove partially true; Thiago Silva's back ailing prior to UFC 108
    Prior to his UFC 108 main-event contest with Rashad Evans (14-1-1 MMA, 9-1-1 UFC), Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) was rumored to be suffering from a serious ankle injury. "The...
  21. Chad Mendes makes WEC debut March 6
    Chad Mendes, who recently inked a deal to fight for World Extreme Cagefighting, will make his promotional debut alongside teammate Joseph Benavidez at WEC 47 on March 6 in Columbus, Ohio. Link
  22. Massenzio Healthy, Hungry, and Eager to Get Back in the Middleweight Mix
    2009 was the year New Jersey stamped its name on the UFC map, and with Jim and Dan Miller, Frankie Edgar, Kurt Pellegrino, Nick Catone, and even adopted Jersey fighters like Ricardo Almeida leading...
  23. Wanderlei Silva Looking To KO Michael Bisping In Round 2 At UFC 110
    During the UFC 108 Pre-Fight Q&A, Wanderlei Silva said that in his 110 fight with Michael Bisping he's going to try and finish it in round 2-by KO. "I'm doing a lot of standup because I want to knock...
  24. Mike Thomas Brown Re-Ups With WEC
    Former WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Thomas Brown, who reigned as champion after shocking the world by defeating then-champion Urijah Faber until recently losing to Jose Aldo, has signed a new...
  25. TUF 10 Finale: 6 MIllion Total Viewers For Kimbo-Alexander
    There are still 2 things in this world that, it appears, still sell: Sex and Kimbo Slice. According to a Spike TV executive, the final viewer total for the TUF 10 Finale, specifically the Kimbo...
  26. Bellator signs ex-soccer pro Georgi Karakhanyan for season-two featherweight tourney
    With its welterweight tournament already attracting top prospects, Bellator Fighting Championships today announced a notable addition to its season-two featherweight tournament. Former soccer pro...
  27. Kenny Florian gunning for UFC Import Takanori Gomi, Hopeful for March Meeting
    News that Takanori Gomi received his key to the octagon spread like a fireball last weekend, and faster still was word that Kenny Florian could be his first charge. The news fanned from a posting on...
  28. Vadim Finkelchtein: There Are No Talks With The UFC Whatsoever
    Vadim Finkelchtein crushes any rumors of ongoing talks between M-1 and the UFC via the M-1 website: "Today I heard the rumors of me allegedly stating on my twitter account that we are negotiating...
  29. Exclusive: Melvin Manhoef vs. Robbie Lawler on tap for “Strikeforce: Miami”
    Incoming!! Two of the sport’s most devastating knockout artists are preparing to go to war in Miami. FiveOuncesofPain.com has recently been able to comfirm through sources close to the situation that...
  30. Ben Henderson's greatness lies in his humility
    At the start of 2009, Ben Henderson was a young up and comer who hoped to make his way in a growing lightweight division in the WEC. By the end of the year, he was holding an interim title belt and...
  31. Gesias and the lessons learned in two years
    Until 2007, Gesias Cavalcante’s career was amazing. With titles on K-1 Hero’s, the young talent collected 14 victories in only three years of career, but, in the end of 2007, the lightweight got in a...
  32. KJ Noons vs. Billy Evangelista Off Strikeforce: Miami
    A lightweight fight between KJ Noons and Billy Evangelista has been scrapped from the upcoming Strikeforce: Miami card. Noons confirmed the news with MMA Fighting on this week's edition of The MMA...
  33. UFC Announces Strikeforce: Miami Counter-Programming
    New year, same old plans. Not wasting any time in taking shots at Strikeforce, UFC has announced that Spike will air an edited replay of UFC 107 on January 30 opposite Strikeforce: Miami on Showtime....
  34. Soares: Silva Back In Gym, April Or May Return Possible
    According to manager Ed Soares, UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva is back in the gym and feeling good. And while no return date is set for Silva, Soares now says April or May is a possibility,...
  35. Spike: Record 1.5 Million Viewers For UFC 108 Prelims
    Spike TV officials today announced that their one hour "UFC Prelim" special that aired before UFC 108 did a 1.0 rating and a total of 1.5 million viewers Saturday night. That's the best viewership...
  36. As UFC Fight Night 20 approaches, Amir Sadollah making up for lost time
    "The Ultimate Fighter 7" winner Amir Sadollah (2-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) went nearly 14 months between his first and second appearance in the UFC, but now the welterweight is making up for lost time....
  37. As Rich Franklin enters twilight of career, "Ace" considers life beyond the cage
    LAS VEGAS — Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin (25-5 MMA, 12-4 UFC) is sure of one thing he won't do when he retires: open a gym. But ask him what he wants to do when he hangs up his...
  38. Next up for Aldo: Winner of Faber vs. Assuncao
    As the hours tick away, Urijah Faber and Raphael Assuncao now know that they are not only headed for a tough fight against each other on Sunday night in Sacramento, Calif., but also a fight that will...
  39. WEC moving forward with flyweight division
    In early 2009, World Extreme Cagefighting announced its intentions of adding a flyweight division. On a media conference call on Tuesday, WEC General Manager Reed Harris said to expect further...
  40. WEC 46 gets extended time slot on Versus
    World Extreme Cagefighting returns to Sacramento on Jan. 10 with WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson. It will air live on Versus, and the network has extended the timeslot to two and a half hours. “We’ve...
  41. Spencer Fisher burning to fight “Fireball Kid”, Takanori Gomi
    When it was announced last weekend that former Shooto and PRIDE Champion Takanori Gomi had signed with the UFC rumors began swirling in regards to who he might debut against in the organization....
  42. Swick vs. Thiago official for UFC 109: Marquardt vs. Sonnen promoted to co-feature slot
    The UFC today officially announced a recently reported contest between welterweights Mike Swick (14-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC) and Paulo Thiago (12-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) for February's "UFC 109: Relentless" event....
  43. Gray Maynard Didn't Think B.J. Penn Was a Very Good Coach on TUF
    Should Maynard prove the experts correct and defeat Diaz, he would likely be the next contender for lightweight champion B.J. Penn. Coincidentally, Penn was Maynard's coach on TUF. However, Maynard...
  44. Jamie Varner Isn't Happy With the WEC's Marketing
    "…That’s one thing I don’t like about the WEC, they put all their marquee dollars into Urijah Faber, so when Urijah lost his world title to Mike Brown, it’s like who is Mike Brown? And then I’m...
  45. Zuffa Brings Legal Action Against Pub That Illegally Streamed UFC 104
    Well that didn't take very long. After UFC President Dana White vowed to make life miserable for the chiselers who stream illegal feeds of live UFC programming, the Boston Herald reports that the...
  46. Mike Brown needs to 'go berserk' at WEC 46 to get back into the featherweight title hunt
    "I just went straight back to it -- I didn't even take time off. I've felt worse before after losses -- I've gone into a depression before after losses. It's part of the game. I don't want to lose...
  47. Wanderlei Silva not interested in fighting Anderson Silva, wants Rich Franklin next
    While former PRIDE champion Wanderlei Silva has Michael Bisping set in his sights for the time being, “The Axe Murderer” has already began to think about the future, and apparently current...
  48. Skipped holidays are part of the fight game for Evan Dunham
    Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day and two birthdays – UFC lightweight Evan Dunham trained through them all for his co-main-event fight against "The Ultimate Fighter" season-eight winner Efrain...
  49. Raphael Assuncao: Fighting his way into the light
    He may be the most underrated Top 10 featherweight in the sport right now, but Raphael Assuncao knows that everything he's done up till now has earned him the shot against Urijah Faber this Sunday...
  50. UFC President still not keen on Liddell fighting
    UFC president Dana White’s stance on former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Chuck Liddell fighting again hasn’t changed. He still does not want to see his longtime friend competing in the Octagon...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539