MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Cantwell Off UFC 108, Replacement Sought
    mmaweekly And the curse continues... Vladimir Matyushenko on Tuesday confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that his originally scheduled opponent for this weekend’s UFC 108 in Las Vegas, Steve Cantwell, is out...
  2. Frank Gomez foced out of WEC 46; Wagnney Fabiano waits on new opponent
    Greg Jackson's MMA-trained bantamweight Frank Gomez (8-1 MMA, 2-1 WEC) has suffered an undisclosed injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from a planned bout at WEC 46 bout with Wagnney...
  3. Despite drastic change of opponent, Martin Kampmann happy to fight at UFC 108
    Changes of opponent have become commonplace in the UFC recent months, but not all have been quite as dramatic of a shift as welterweight Martin Kampmann's path to Saturday's "UFC 108: Evans vs....
  4. Bryan Caraway vs. Mark Hominick official as WEC 46 card nearly complete
    After a few late injuries forced some card-shuffling over the holiday season, "WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson" is once again nearly complete. Featuring a lightweight title unification match between...
  5. Couture, Nogueira, Ortiz, Silva, St-Pierre, White attending World MMA Awards
    While the 2009 World MMA Awards was already a highly anticipated year-end event, the confirmed list of attendees recently released for the black-tie gala added even more excitement. A star-studded...
  6. Miguel Torres vs Joseph Benavidez in the works for WEC 47 on March 6
    Former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres (37-2) will likely return to action against top division prospect Joseph Benavidez (11-1) at WEC 47: "Bowles vs. Cruz" from the Nationwide Arena in...
  7. Gilbert Yvel: Junior dos Santos is not in my league
    "This is like the highest point you can reach. It’s still a little bit difficult to believe, but I am in the UFC. What better way to prove myself than to knock out Dos Santos ... If I play my game...
  8. Junior dos Santos: Carwin vs. Mir for UFC interim title isn’t fair
    With three consecutive wins inside of the Octagon since his arrival in the UFC, the one fighter that continuously seems to be thrown under the bus when talk turns to the future of the promotion’s...
  9. Melvin Manhoef: I don’t do the ground game
    What appeared to be a somewhat Melvin Manhoef recently sat down to speak about his New Year Eve showdown with Kazuo Misaki. The pair will face off during the DREAM/Sengoku/K-1 promoted New Years...
  10. Alistair Overeem: I predict a three minute knockout over Fujita at “Dynamite!! 2009?
    Alistair Overeem recently sat down to speak about his upcoming heavyweight clash with Kazuyuki Fujita at “Dynamite!! 2009“. The DREAM/Sengoku/K-1 promoted event will be taking place on New Years Eve...
  11. DREAM to Host Light Heavyweight Grand Prix This May?
    "We are waiting for the schedule of Strikeforce. It is a little bit surprising for us that there is no schedule yet. [Mousasi] will fight in April, together with Fedor (Emelianenko). "After that, the...
  12. The Blueprint: Rashad Evans
    Most fans that I’ve talked with over the past few months believe Rashad Evans had to be just a bit disappointed when he first learned the identity of his opponent for UFC 108 on January 2. After all,...
  13. Gary “The Gatekeeper” Goodridge: Gegard Mousasi is a kid, I am an adult
    Staying true to form with a long history of booking match-ups at the last moment, the officials from “Dynamite!! 2009” have recently booked a bout between Strikeforce light heavyweight champion...
  14. Frank Gomez forced out of WEC 46; Wagnney Fabiano waits on new opponent
    Greg Jackson's MMA-trained bantamweight Frank Gomez (8-1 MMA, 2-1 WEC) has suffered an undisclosed injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from a planned bout at WEC 46 bout with Wagnney...
  15. Dana White: If you don't like the UFC 108 fight card -- don't buy it
    "You get 10 (expletive) hardcores on the Internet going, 'Oh, this card (stinks), there’s no this, there’s no that.' Then guess what: Don’t (expletive) buy the card! It’s usually the ones that...
    Pages: 2
  16. Vladimir Matyushenko Likely Off UFC 108
    With original opponent Steve Cantwell now off Saturday's UFC 108 for undisclosed reasons, it now appears Vladimir Matyushenko is off as well. It appears UFC won't be able to find a replacement on...
  17. An Experienced Dan Lauzon Returns At UFC 108
    Dan Lauzon returns to the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Jan. 2 at UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva taking on Cole Miller in a preliminary fight that will air live on Spike TV.He’s no longer a teenager...
  18. Fans Warming Up To Rashad Evans
    “What a difference a year makes,” Evans said in between screams of his name. “Last year I would have came in, probably got boo’ed out of the place, but it’s cool that everybody is receiving me well.”...
  19. UFC Quick Quote: Martin Kampmann will celebrate 'Christmas' on Jan. 2
    New Years and Christmas was coming up and I knew it was going to be hard to find me an opponent. I know if it was me and I was getting ready for Christmas, it would be tough to get ready for a fight...
  20. Looking to Shine: An MMAmania.com interview exclusive with Din Thomas
    "Anything you can think of that can happen in an MMA fight, I’m gonna do. At the end of the day, Ricardo Mayorga’s gonna be sitting, looking up at the lights. And I’m gonna stand over him and he’s...
  21. UFC Pres says Cantwell's career in jeopardy
    Steve Cantwell, just days before the event, was the latest fighter to fall victim to what has quickly become known as the UFC 108 curse. “Just like 97 other fights in the last couple of months that...
  22. Please delete
    Please delete already posted
  23. Mousasi says training “Not Good” for upcoming Dynamite! contest
    Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi recently spoke with the Japanese press about his upcoming fight against Gary Goodridge. When questioned about his training leading up to the...
  24. Dynamite!! 2009 Preview: Quote of the Day: Tatsuya Kawajiri Asks the Ref To Be Ready
    "Referees, be sure to step in and stop the fight on time tomorrow, because I might get carried away in the moment and my many punches may end up destroying my opponent." Link
  25. Jesse Forbes Returns To UFC, Likely To Face Catone At UFN 20
    It appears Steve Steinbeiss is the recent curse's latest victim, as he has apparently been forced off UFC Fight Night 20 in January due to injury. Replacing him in his fight against Nick Catone is...
  26. Clint Godfrey signs with WEC, meets Wagnney Fabiano at WEC 46
    A day after reporting that that bantamweight Frank Gomez (8-1 MMA, 2-1 WEC) has been forced off the WEC 46 card with an undisclosed injury, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed his...
  27. UFC 111: Jon Fitch vs Thiago Alves rematch likely for March 27
    UFC welterweight stalwart Jon Fitch (21-3) is currently in discussions to rematch Thiago Alves (16-6) at UFC 111 from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ, on March 27, setting up a fantastic...
  28. UFC 108's Latest Casualty: Matchmaker Joe Silva
    How bad is the UFC 108 injury bug? It's so bad, Joe Silva is on the bench. At a gathering of reporters following the UFC 108 pre-fight press conference, Dana White said the UFC matchmaker tore his...
  29. Rampage Hangs In The Balance For Rashad
    Opposing coaches on the tenth season of the Spike TV reality show “The Ultimate Fighter,” Jackson’s hometown of Memphis was slated to host the showdown, originally scheduled to headline UFC 107 on...
  30. Aoki's Antics Mar Exciting Night At Dynamite!!
    In a battle of lightweight champions, Dream’s Shinya Aoki immediately put Sengoku’s Mizuto Hirota on the mat and took mount with Hirota’s arm wrapped up and behind his own back. Aoki then proceeded...
  31. Dos Santos Must Weather Hurricane To Get Title
    “I feel that he’s opening his mouth a lot,” Dos Santos told MMAWeekly.com. “He’s talking a lot for this fight, and I feel very confident that after this fight, I’m going to shut him up, that he won’t...
  32. KJ Noons vs Billy Evangelista on tap for Strikeforce: 'Miami' on Jan. 30
    Noons has been out of mixed martial arts for more than a year following his retirement from the sport in late 2008 after he was stripped of his 155-pound title for refusing to accept a rematch with...
  33. Lauzons First Brothers to Fight on Same Card
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=304309 LAS VEGAS - The Lauzon brothers are ready to rumble Saturday night at UFC 108, making history in the process. Joe, 25, and Dan, 21, will become the first...
  34. Evans Faces Silva in Return at UFC 108
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=304307 LAS VEGAS -- The quest for the title starts a new Saturday night for Rashad Evans, whose reign as 205-pound champion was cut painfully short by Lyoto Machida....
  35. Lesnar's Fate-And UFC HW Division's-To Be Determined Next Week
    In a small conference after the UFC 108 pre-fight presser, Dana White provided another update on Brock Lesnar and the UFC Heavyweight division. White said more answers could come next week after...
  36. Spike TV debuts "Best of PRIDE" series Jan 15
    link A new series that features some of the top matchups from the now-defunct PRIDE Fighting Championships organization debuts Jan. 15 on Spike TV. "Best of PRIDE," which features the video library...
  37. Aoki Apologizes and Overeem says Fedor is next
    Sorry if someone else posted it. Aoki taught Hirota why pride comes before the fall. “When I had his arm behind his back, I could feel it popping,” Aoki said. “I thought, 'Well, this guy's pride just...
  38. UFC 108 Weigh-Ins Results: The Curse Showed Up
    Those hoping for a smooth UFC 108 weigh-ins were slightly disappointed. One fighter-Paul Daley-missed weight, everyone else made it. Daley has 2 hours to make weight, meaning he must lose 1 pound by...
  39. Takanori Gomi signs with the UFC
    Takanori Gomi, once considered to be one of the best lightweight fighters in the world, has signed a multi-fight contract with the UFC. MMAFighting.com learned of the acquisition from sources on...
  40. A Victim No More
    The younger of two sons born to a coal miner and court reporter in Louisa, Ky., he was the subject of relentless taunts and bullying as a kid. His slight build did him no favors. Hazelett spent many...
  41. Rashad Part Of Thiago's Road Back To Machida
    Thiago Silva is ready for whatever Rashad Evans throws at him when the two meet Saturday in the main event of UFC 108.Silva, who made his way from Brazil's Chute Boxe to Florida's American Top Team,...
  42. Mark Munoz Prepared To Throwdown
    Former WEC contender turned UFC prospect Mark Munoz is set to make his third appearance in the Octagon at Saturday night’s UFC 108 in Las Vegas.After earning his first victory under the UFC banner...
  43. Pyle Looks To Start New Year In Style
    For Mike “Quicksand” Pyle, 2009 was a bittersweet year.He achieved his lifelong goal of joining the Ultimate Fighting Championship, but lost to Brock Larson in his first bout for the promotion in...
  44. GSP says olympics still possible may vacate title to pursue
    link It's a potentially life- and career-altering decision, and St-Pierre admits there is much to consider on both sides of the argument. "There is a lot of positive and negative about it,"...
  45. Shane Carwin vs. Frank Mir set for interim title; UFC 111 official for March
    mmajunkie The UFC today announced and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed that former two-time champion Frank Mir (13-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) and No. 1 contender Shane Carwin (11-0 MMA,...
  46. Daley Wants Alves Next, Dana Says Likely Fitch Or Kos
    After his win over Dustin Hazelett at UFC 108 last night, Paul Daley mentioned a few fighters he'd like to face next but specifically pointed out Thiago Alves. Dana White probably won't go with that...
  47. Gomi could debut against Florian
    link LAS VEGAS – After confirming on Saturday that former PRIDE lightweight champion Takanori Gomi (31-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) had signed with the UFC, company boss Dana White was mum on details about his...
  48. White says he'll meet with james toney
    link LAS VEGAS – What kind of fight promotion would allow an aging, 41-year-old boxing champion to make his professional mixed martial arts debut on a national (if not worldwide) stage? Would you...
  49. Roop vs. Wineland official for WEC 46
    link With just one week until World Extreme Cagefighting returns to the Versus airwaves, the recently shuffled lineup is finally complete. After a pair of late injuries left bantamweights George...
  50. UFC 108 bonuses,Daley,Miller,Stout,andLauzon
    link With UFC post-fight bonuses consistently hitting the high five figures, the promotion’s athletes are constantly gunning for the honors... and the bonus check. Saturday’s UFC 108 roster was no...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520